Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Wireless Headphones How To Charge
Management of incoming and outgoing calls
Since AirDots Redmi earbuds have high sound quality and are based on Bluetooth 5.0, they can be used for long conversations. It is quite easy to manage incoming and outgoing calls using the device.
- To dial a subscriber, you need to call the voice assistant by double-tapping the touch panel.
- You can answer incoming calls with a single tap.
- Long holding your finger on the touchpad drops an incoming call.
How to charge Redmi AirDots
To charge Redmi AirDots, you need to use the charging case. The case itself is charged from external power sources, to which it is connected using a microUSB cable.
The difference between Redmi AirDots and AirDots
The first feature is the changed appearance and color of the device. Mi AirDots are produced in a classic style for the Chinese brand and have a white case. And the new Redmi AirDots received a black version, which makes it more elegant.
The differences also affected the dimensions of the device. The Redmi product is slightly smaller than the Mi AirDots. This increases the wearing comfort of the accessory, eliminating unpleasant sensations during prolonged use. However, the charging case has become larger.
In terms of autonomy, the models do not differ. Each earbud houses a small 40mAh battery that provides about 4 hours of listening time. Using the charging case, you can charge the gadget up to 3-4 times. The total operating time reaches 12 hours.
How to turn headphones on and off
Before connecting a gadget to external devices, you should figure out how they are turned on and off. Redmi AirDots instructions for activating the headphones:
- Before using for the first time, you need to charge the case and headset.
- Take the headphones out of the case, hold your finger on the touchpad for a few seconds. When the white indication appears, they will start up and are ready to use.
- To disconnect the headset, hold your finger on the touchpad for a couple of seconds.
- The second way to turn off is to put the headphones in the case, after which they are automatically deactivated.
How to untie headphones from an external device
The process of decoupling from an external device is SIMple. To carry out the procedure, you need to open the settings of your smartphone or computer, open the Bluetooth section, and find the item “unlink the device”.
Operating and charging time
The charging process takes about 45 minutes. The headset charges a little faster, and a full charge lasts 4 hours. Charged case is able to restore the battery level of two earbuds 3-4 times.
With the active use of two headphones, their autonomy reaches 4 hours. With alternating use, the operating time increases by 1 hour.
Redmi AirDots color indicator: designations
The color indication on the headphones has different meanings:
- Red flickering color when storing the headphones in the case notifies of the charging process.
- If the red indicator lights up when holding two buttons for 10 seconds, it indicates that the headphones are turned off.
- Fast white blinking indicates the headphones are searching for devices to sync.
How to tell if they are charged
A white indicator is used as confirmation of successful charging of the headphones. The appearance of a red signal indicates a discharge of the device.
How to connect to a computer
To connect AirDots to a computer or laptop, it is important to make sure they have Bluetooth support. Next, open the device search item in the Control Panel and wait for pairing. The setup process takes a couple of seconds, after which the user can freely listen to music or watch movies.
Operating instructions for Xiaomi Redmi AirDots wireless headphones
The era of mobile electronics continues to evolve. Today, wireless headphones have deservedly gained great popularity among users. Among the abundance of TWS headphone models on the market, products under the Xiaomi / Redmi brand stand out. It would not be an exaggeration to say that Redmi AirDots are a worthy alternative to expensive “earbuds” produced by Apple, Sony, Samsung and other manufacturers. In some countries they are sold under the name Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic, but the model is actually the same.
It is important to remember that great demand has led to the fact that in the same China, clones of Redmi AirDots are produced in large quantities. They are sold at a low price, and the quality of such accessories does not stand up to criticism. Be careful if you are going to buy headphones from Xiaomi for yourself or someone else as a gift.
Below we give detailed instructions for those who have just bought Air Dots, in which we will tell you how to use them.
First steps to establish a connection with a smartphone
Step 1. Take both earbuds out of the charging case, they will automatically turn on immediately.
Step 2. Turn on the Bluetooth module on your smartphone. The search starts for nearby wireless devices. The line “Redmi AirDots_R” should appear in the list of found devices. This is the right earpiece, you need to start the connection with it, the left one will connect automatically.
- If you put the earbuds back in the case, the red indicator will light up. Redmi AirDots will automatically disconnect from the phone.
- If you take the headphones out of the case again, the white indicator will light up. Airdots will automatically connect to the smartphone again.
You can connect “dots” via Bluetooth not only to a phone, but also to a PC and a laptop.
It often happens that when pairing, problems arise or after a while one of the headphones begins to lose connection, the sound appears and disappears in it. In any case, you will need to reset the connection. Pairing and connecting to a mobile device.
Airdots control with multi-function button
The physical button on each of the earbuds can perform multiple functions.
- Answer / end / reject incoming call
- With an incoming call, tap the multifunction button once to answer the call;
- During a phone call, press the multifunction button to end the connection;
- When an unwanted call comes in, you can reset it by long pressing the multifunction button.
- Play / Pause Music
When you are listening to music and want to pause or restart playback, you can perform this control by pressing the multifunction button.
- Turn on the voice assistant
When the headphones are in standby mode, press the multifunction button twice to call the digital assistant.
The phone must support the voice control function, the quick start mode (“wake up” the device) must be activated in the phone settings.
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots support voice control via Xiaoai, Siri and Google Assistant.
Redmi AirDots has support for third-party chat apps and voice input for iOS. Android devices use a built-in microphone by default, through which voice commands and responses from the digital assistant are sent.
- Volume control
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones do not have a volume control function, this setting must be done on a smartphone. By the way, you can use the voice assistant to adjust the sound volume.
How to Reset Pairing Redmi AirDots?
Step 1. Hold down the multifunction button for 15 seconds until the indicator flashes red and white three times alternately, and then turns off. This will mean that the device was reset successfully.
Step 2. In the list of Bluetooth connections on your smartphone, find the entry “Redmi AirDots_R” and delete it. Then complete the connection reset procedure.
All about charging Redmi AirDots
To charge the earbuds, you need to place them in a plastic case. Each of the earbuds has its own socket. It will not work to insert the headphones into the case by swapping the right and left positions. As soon as the “ears” fit into the seats, the red indicators light up. When charging is complete, the LEDs will change to white.
It will take 1.5-2 hours to fully charge the dots in the case. It may be that on the left earpiece the indicator will be white, but on the right it is still red. This is a normal situation, because the right “dots” in a pair is the main one, it discharges faster and needs more time to charge.
The case, since it is a charger, has a built-in battery, and it also needs to be charged. For this, the case has a mini-USB port, into which the corresponding cable is inserted. This cable is not included in the package, so you will have to purchase it separately.
The case also has a status indicator. When charging is required, it turns red, after fully charged (this process takes 2 hours), the color changes to white, and the indicator turns off quickly.
Sometimes one or both earbuds cannot be charged. The reason may be trivial. The case battery is discharged. In this case, after being placed in the case, the headphones are not disconnected from the phone, pairing remains even if you close the case cover. The second reason is the lack of contact between the earphone and the charging pad in the case. Check if you have removed the film from the dots, and also find out why the earphone does not sit completely in its socket. Perhaps an ear cushion or something else is interfering with this. Remove the ear pads and try inserting the headphones into the case without them. The charging problem can be resolved immediately. Then you will have to find new, more suitable silicone tips.
What’s in the box?
New Redmi AirDots are packed in a small oblong box made of blue cardboard. The box contains:
- Charging case.
- Headphones (in case) with M-size ear pads.
- Replacement ear cushions in sizes “S” and “L”.
- Instruction manual in Chinese. There are no instructions in Russian.
We recommend charging the case and wireless headphones before using for the first time. Remove the films from the case and from the contacts on the inserts (the film can only be on one of them).
Redmi AirDots Headset Control Apps
Also in the application you can see information about battery consumption. In general, this application is more suitable for Xiaomi headphone models with touch control (AirDots Pro, AirDots Youth Edition). On Redmi AirDots, only one thing works. Viewing information about the battery, you will not be able to program the buttons. There is another application for this called MacroDroid.
Algorithm for working with the application:
- Open the application.
- Create a new macro (red square with “plus”. “Add macro”).
- For the trigger, select the media button: “Enter data” “Media button” “Long press”. Check “Long press”, because if you select “Double press”, switching tracks will not work.
- Open the “Actions” menu, then “Media” “Media control” “Emulate the media button” “Next”. Here you select your application from which you listen to music (Yandex Music, Google Play Music, VLC, YouTube, etc.).
- Then it goes to the section “Restrictions”. “Communication” Bluetooth status “Device connected”. Choose “Redmi AirDots_R”.
- Save the macro.
That’s all. Button setup complete, headphones can be used.
Is it possible to charge wireless headphones from an outlet (charging from the phone)
Can wireless headphones be charged from an outlet? Theoretically it is possible, but if the headphones are not equipped with an original charger from the mains (adapter), but only with a cable, then it will be safer to charge them from a computer, laptop or USB PowerBank.
Ausdom ANC8 on charging
Modern charging adapters for the phone have more or less the same characteristics (current and voltage are important). Nevertheless, there is a possibility that due to a mismatch, for example, the permissible current for the headphone battery and the output current on the adapter, the battery will be damaged: it will become worse to hold the charge or even “swell” and become unusable.
What kind of charging to charge wireless headphones? Information on the recommended current and voltage values for a particular model can be found in the instructions. If this data is not available, then you should not charge the wireless headphones from the network. If there is, and they match the parameters of the charger, you can try. # 128521;
Features of charging true wireless earbuds
When installing the headphones in the case, pay attention to the corresponding indicators on the headphones and / or on the case. You can additionally check if the headphones are disconnected from the phone. If yes, then they are turned off and installed in the case correctly.
Headphone indication on charging
An indication that the headphones in the case are fully charged is usually the LED that has gone out in them. Or a special indicator in the case (it also went out or changed color). At the same time, each earphone can be discharged or charged at a different “rhythm”. The host usually discharges faster and takes longer to charge. TWS earbuds usually take about 1-3 hours to charge.
How long does it take to charge wireless headphones
The charging time for each model of wireless headphones is different, depending on the size of the battery (usually from 1 to 4 hours). The manufacturer writes on the box, in the specifications or in the instructions for the model for the specific time, how much you need to charge the Bluetooth headphones. But even if you did not find this data:
- All modern Bluetooth headphones have an LED (light bulb or sensor). The diode lights up in one color when charging, and in another color when the headphones are charged (may blink). This is how you can understand that wireless headphones are 100% charged.
- You can find the exact or approximate charging time in the instructions for your model, in the reviews on this site (type in the model name at the top) or on the Internet.
- This article covers applications for displaying the battery level on a smartphone. Convenient function, useful when using headphones.
Adidas RPT-01 charger
In some models of headphones (since 2017), the ability to fast charge has appeared. When you put the headphones on charge for 5-15 minutes, you get 1-3 hours of work. The easiest and most effective way to do this is in models with USB Type-C. However, fast charging is also possible for microUSB. This feature is always mentioned on the box or in the instructions. It makes life very easy. # 128521;
How to charge headphones QCY, Elary, Sony, Hoco
If these are wireless headphones with a headband or a wire between the cases, then the basic instructions will do. Fully wireless earbuds like Elary and QCY charge in the same way. According to the corresponding instructions.
Elari NanoPods charging case
How to charge wireless headphones. Instructions
The charging process of wireless headphones is no different from charging a regular smartphone.
All you need to charge your Bluetooth headphones is to use the microUSB (or other charging cable) that comes with the headset. The charging principle is approximately the same for all types of wireless headsets (instructions).
How to charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots wireless headphones
Fully wireless headphones from Xiaomi (such as AirDots Pro or Redmi) are charged from the case. The case itself is charged via USB, everything is exactly as described in the instructions above. Some models have problems with the indication. The charge level of the case is not clear, but in general this is not a problem, you can get used to it.
Xiaomi Mi AirDots on charging
Is it possible to charge headphones from the phone?
Or phone from headphones
Sometimes the earbuds can be charged through the phone. But far, every smartphone will do. To do this, it must support such a function. There can be two implementations:
- Charge headphones from your phone via USB. An appropriate cable and / or adapters are required. The charging process (from the headphone side) follows the basic instructions.
- Wireless charging of headphones by phone. This applies to fully wireless models (charging case) and specific compatible phones. We just put the case on the allocated place of the smartphone and see that the necessary indication appears.
Galaxy Buds wireless phone charger
How to properly charge your JBL wireless headphones
Using JBL Tune 120TWS headphones as an example
You can charge JBL wireless headphones in a standard way, if it is an over-ear or full-size model (as well as “plugs” or earbuds with a cable between the headphones). For headphones with a headband, the charging connector is usually located on one of the earcups. For vacuum and liners. On the remote control or “counterweight”.Accumulator.
JBL Tune 120TWS on charging
JBL Tune 120TWS headphones need to be charged in the same way as all true wireless headphones. According to the corresponding instructions. There are no problems with the indication here: the color changes on the headphones (from white to red), and the charge level of the case is displayed by a set of 4 LEDs. When it is fully charged, they will glow (all 4), and then go out.
Charge your JBL headphones for as long as indicated in the instructions. Or until the corresponding display. On average, charging takes from 2-4 hours (all options except full-size ones), up to 5-6 hours (some models of “large” headphones).
JBL T205BT on charging
How to charge wireless headphones?
How to charge Honor wireless earbuds
The Honor Sport Wireless Headset is a great solution for athletes. Many have already tried this novelty in practice. The device comes with a standard USB cable. In addition, it supports on-the-go charging from a computer, tablet or smartphone with reverse charging. In just 5 minutes, the gadget receives a charge, which is enough for 4 hours of work.
How to charge JBL wireless headphones
JBL is a popular brand that produces budget and quality devices. One of the most popular models is the JBL Tune 120. How do I charge JBL headphones? Read the instructions carefully. They can be powered both from the cable and from the case. In the process, the indicator color changes (from white to red), and the charge level of the case itself is shown by 4 LEDs of different shades. When it is fully charged, they will glow (all 4), and then go out.
If the device runs on batteries, then everything is clear: you just need to change them when they run out. Battery devices are a little more complicated. There are three ways to charge them:
- Through the cable. A mini USB, USB Type-C, E-type or other connector is being used.
- Through the case. How are the headphones in the case charged? This technology is supported by the Apple brand in AirPods, as well as by analogs of these headphones: through the contact of the contacts of a special box, which also needs to be charged periodically.
- Through special wireless chargers. They can charge various compact devices, for example, fitness bracelets, watches, etc. There are models through which you can even charge smartphones.
How long does it take to charge wireless headphones
The charging time of the device depends on several factors:
- Battery volume;
- Charger type.
On average, wireless earbuds charge up to 100% in 1 to 4 hours. Also, the instructions usually indicate the fast charging time. For example, certain models will run for 2-3 hours if you plug them into a charger for just 10-15 minutes. Most devices come with indicators that tell you how much to charge wireless headphones.
Do you want your beloved ears to last as long as possible? Here are three SIMple tips to help extend their lifespan:
- Try to charge the device to 100% charge, especially if it does not support the fast charging function.
- Do not drain the battery to the end when the gadget turns off by itself.
- While your ears are charging, do not use them.
How to charge headphones
You know the phrase: “To get the perfect knot, just put your wired headphones in your .” That is why now wireless headsets are becoming more and more popular, because there is SIMply nothing to get confused in them. However, this raises the question: how to properly charge the headphones? In this article, we give a comprehensive answer to it.
How to Charge TWS Earbuds i7,9,10,11,12
All modifications, including the i9s, i10, i11 and i12 models, are copies of Apple AirPods and are charged in the same way. The i7 has the ability to charge the earbuds one at a time using a dedicated cable. The rest of the modifications are charged from the case.
Features of products of different brands
All models of wireless devices are different. Despite the general SIMilarity of technology, they have their own characteristics depending on the manufacturer.
How to charge the case for Redmi AirDots
As mentioned above, Redmi Air Dots work on a single battery charge for 4 hours. But with the help of the charging case, you can extend the operating time by another 8 hours. The earbuds can be charged twice from the charging case. And what about the battery of the case itself?
- There is a microUSB port on the headphone case.
- When purchased, a microUSB cable is not included with the headphones. Have to use your own cord or buy it separately.
- Insert the cable into the connector on the case, and connect the other end of the cable (standard USB) to a laptop (PC) or a power supply unit that connects to an electrical outlet.
- If there are no charging problems, the indicator light on the box will turn red. When the LED turns from red to white, it means the case is fully charged. It takes about 2 hours to charge the case from zero to 100%, after which it can be disconnected from the power source.
Redmi AirDots Battery
If you are familiar with TW-headphones, you know that their batteries do not last long, so using such devices, if we consider the issue in terms of battery life, is not as convenient as wired “ears”. In Redmi AirDots, the charging case is equipped with a 300mAh battery. The battery capacity of one earbud is 40mAh. This is enough for about 4 hours of battery life.
If you use only one earbud instead of two, it will run for up to 5 hours. But all these are relative indicators, they can change depending on the level at which the volume of music playback is set. The earbuds can be charged several times from the case. In general, with recharges, they will last for 12 hours of listening to music. It takes an hour and a half to fully charge the earbuds.
How to charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots are among the cheapest wireless Bluetooth earbuds on the market. To date them. Despite such an affordable price point, this True Wireless Stereo model has a very decent quality. The size of the dynamic head of Redmi Air Dots has a size of 7.2 mm, they use the Bluetooth version 5.0 protocol, there is a waterproof IPX4 standard, while such protection does not apply to the charging case.
The headphone case is round and made of plastic, so they are very light, weighing only 4.1 g. In their design, Xiaomi Redmi AirDots are very SIMilar to another model of the same manufacturer. Xiaomi Mi AirDots Basic. However, Redmi AirDots has one physical button on the body, and a SIMilar model has touch control. The physical button has several functions. With a light press, you can answer an incoming call or, conversely, end the conversation. Also, by pressing, you can start playback of a musical composition or pause it.
The charging case is also plastic, with the Xiaomi logo on it. There is a charging indicator on the front of the case. It shows the status of the battery in the case. On the back there is a microUSB port, which is for connecting the case to a power source. Of course, you should not expect that instead of microUSB there will be Type C, because these headphones are sold for a very inexpensive price. The case closes and opens quite tightly with a click. In the case, the plugs are held firmly in place. This happens due to magnets that prevent these small accessories from falling out of their seats.
How to charge Redmi AirDots headphones
There is a light indicator on the cutout of the control button located on each of the Air Dots. It can be white or red, depending on the battery level. It is clear that the red glow of the indicator signals that it is time to charge the headphones. Usually, the red LED turns on when the battery charge level drops to 10%. By the way, it is impossible to check on the plugs themselves how long the battery will last, just as it is impossible to find out the charge of the case. Information about the battery status as a percentage can only be viewed on a smartphone. In order to prepare the wireless Redmi AirDots for use, you just need to place them in the charging case and close the lid.
As for how to put the headphones into the case, we can say the following: for each “plug” in the case there is its own socket. It will not be possible to insert the dots incorrectly, they SIMply will not go to the wrong seat.
While charging is in progress, the indicators on the headphones, like on the charging box, light up red. As soon as the process is over, the indicator on the box will turn white and go out after about a minute. In general, the charging time of AirDots is one and a half hours.
Sometimes it happens that the “Dots” inserted into the case do not charge. A situation is possible when only the right earphone is not charged, or only the left one. Even after 5-10 hours of being in the case, nothing happens to the battery. What can be done?
We recommend doing the following:
- Check the charge level of the case, the box must be charged.
- Check if the plugs are properly inserted into the slots. The pins of the headphones must be in contact with the pins of the case.
- The contact surface on the headphones must be clean.
- If you have checked everything and followed the instructions above, charging should start and proceed normally.
How to connect Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones. How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your phone
The Xiaomi AirDots feature is the touch panels on the outside of each earphone. They can be used to connect Xiaomi wireless headphones to the phone.
- Press and hold both earbuds until you see a double purple-red flashing. This is a signal that you have reset the settings.
- Put them in the charging box for a while, take them out and wait for the devices to “find” each other. As soon as this happens, you will see a pale purple blinking of the right earbud. He is in charge.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone. Available devices will be labeled “MI AirDots BASIC_R”. These are your headphones. The phone will connect to the right one, and that will connect to the left.
Sometimes AirDots sync separately. The reason. The left “ear” “loses” the right.
4 things to do if one wireless earbud doesn’t work.
- Disconnect the two earbuds: hold down both touchpads until the red indicators light up.
- Hold for 30-50 seconds: first the white indicator will turn on, then, after 10-20 seconds, it will light up red-white. The indicator will blink 2 times.
- Continue to hold until they flicker a couple of times and go out for a few seconds. Then they flicker a couple more times. This means that the settings have been reset.
- Now put the “ears” in the case and get both out soon. The left one will look for the right one, synchronizes with it, and you can connect to the phone.
How Xiaomi Wireless Headphones Work
If you take the earpiece out of your ear, music doesn’t stop like AirPods. The devices are disconnected only in the case, and are connected back to the phone when they are taken out:
- Put only the left one in the case, it will turn off, and the right one will work;
- Remove right. Both turn off.
The headphones work with voice assistants Siri, Google Assistant, Alice. The controls are intuitive:
- 1 touch. Pause or answer a call;
- Double. Call the voice assistant. The only thing that is inconvenient: when you want to fix the earpiece and accidentally press the touch panel, the music will stop;
- Holding one or more seconds. Call cancellation;
- Double tap during a call. Mute the microphone.
How to use Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones
If you listen to “ears” in pairs, they work
4 hours. And if you listen to the tracks alone, then the device’s performance will increase by 1 hour. The Bluetooth headset is connected in the same way. Both to the iPhone and to the Android.
- Hold the touchpad of one earbud.
- The phone settings will display “MI AirDots BASIC_R” or “MI AirDots BASIC_L”. Whichever you choose. For example, the left one. While it blinks frequently, it means looking for the right one. 15 seconds after activation, it will blink less often. From that moment the earpiece is activated as an independent device. It’s ready to pair with your phone.
And yes! The sound of the AirDots babies is what you need. With bass too. But only on condition that you choose the right ear pads that come with the kit. They should fit snugly into the ear canal. A sure sign of “your” size. When “ears” are not felt when worn.
How to charge wireless headphones
Xiaomi AirDots charges the case, and it itself is powered by micro usb. Not 1.5 hours. As the manufacturer says.
45 minutes. The case is equipped with a 350 mAh battery, it is enough for three recharges.
- If the diode does not flicker and glows red, the battery is charging.
- White color indicates 100% battery charge.
Watch the video review of MI AirDots, their problems and solutions
Leave your opinion and wishes to the article “How to connect Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones”