Xiaomi Redmi 5 Factory Reset
Method two: cleaning with SD Maid app
SD Maid is the best junk cleaner for Android smartphone. Its functionality allows you to delete files that you most likely did not even know existed. The program does not delete personal data such as photos, videos, games and applications, but cleans up garbage that is not at all needed in the system. It:
- Application cache;
- Residual files that were not deleted after uninstalling any program or game;
- Junk files and unnecessary backups.
After downloading, we open and see the main area in which we will work.
Everything is SIMple here. There are 4 main points that the app scans and then cleans up. It:
- System files;
- Applications (cache and residual files);
Press the “Scan” button and the search for “garbage” begins, after which SD Maid displays the search result and offers to check what can be deleted and what not.
If SD Maid perceived the data you need as garbage, then in this menu you can and should fix everything. But, as a rule, the application rarely makes mistakes and only deletes really unnecessary files and cache.
First method: using system functionality
You can take advantage of the built-in capabilities of the Android system and the MIUI shell from Xiaomi. In this case, we do not have to download and install anything, since the Android OS has a convenient built-in data cleaning function. As a result of such actions, it is possible to get rid of about 90% of the garbage from the phone memory and free up more than 1 GB, depending on the amount of memory and the complexity of the situation.
You need to go to the “Settings” of the smartphone. This can be done by clicking on the gear, which is available in the notification shade, or by launching “Settings” through the appropriate shortcut on the desktop. Next, look for the “Storage” item and open it:
In this section, we will see the division of all data into types. There are 7 items in total. But the user has 6 available, namely:
- Photo and video;
- Films and TV series;
- Other applications;
By opening this or that item, we will see all the files belonging to this category. We just select the unnecessary ones and clear them. Thus, manual cleaning is performed. There is also an automatic cleaning option that removes the cache, temporary program files, downloaded data, APKs and more.
Now we will analyze each item separately.
- The “Free up space” button opens the automatic memory cleaning tool. In this mode, the Download folder, cache and other data can be cleared.
- Photo and video. In this case, a regular gallery opens, in which you can delete photos and videos taken that are no longer needed.
- Games. Modern games can take up a lot of space. We advise you to delete those that you have not played for a long time.
- Other applications. A very interesting point. Be sure to visit it if you want to clean your Xiaomi’s memory. Often, users install applications and then do not use them, or SIMply forget about their existence. It is necessary to revise the list of all installed applications and remove unnecessary.
3 ways to clear memory on Xiaomi smartphone
During operation, the memory of the Xiaomi phone is clogged with various unnecessary files. These can be temporary program files that are not removed by themselves, malicious applications that leave behind a lot of unnecessary garbage in the root of the operating system, APK files that, after installation, are essentially no longer needed, and users forget to delete them. All this garbage is very cluttered with the Android OS. We will analyze the 3 most effective methods of cleaning the memory of a Xiaomi smartphone, which are recommended to use.
Third method: reset smartphone data to factory settings
This method is the most radical, but also the most effective. By resetting Xiaomi to factory settings, you will get rid of absolutely all the garbage on the device, since after the reset, all data, including the necessary ones, is deleted. Therefore, first you need to make a backup copy of the necessary data, so that later you can restore them from the backup.
To delete all data and completely reset Xiaomi, you need to go to the “Settings” of the smartphone, then find the item “System”:
Then select “Reset”:
Then “Reset to factory settings”:
Confirm everything and wait until the files are completely deleted. The smartphone will reboot and nothing else will be left on it. As if you just bought it.
With the help of physical buttons. Xiaomi redmi 8A factory reset. 5 ways to solve
Xiaomi redmi 8A factory reset, how can you carry out? And what will happen to him, do you need to flash, or install new programs and that’s it?
On my Xiaomi, notifications are constantly flying out, and I can’t do anything with them. Previously, they were not there, if I throw off the settings to the factory ones, they should disappear. But, I don’t know how it’s done, help me figure it out.
Recently there was a bug on Xaomi, in system. When the smartphone was launched, there was a black screen. And going to factory settings solved the problem.
I need to drop Hiaomi Redmi 8a to factory settings, but it doesn’t work with standard methods. Is there any other way to reset the device?
Reset is performed in the following order:
- If the phone is not turned off, turn off its power;
- Before starting the device, hold down the volume up button, then do the same with the power key; hold the combination until the logo appears;
- In the menu that appears, select the “recovery” item. If the inscriptions are in Chinese, click on the orange button. The second from the bottom on the right side;
- Then you need to go to the “Wipe Data” button, and then confirm. “Wipe All Data”;
- Press “Confirm” to permanently erase all settings; once in the main menu, click on the item “Reboot”.
Wait for the smartphone to load. Wait for the password entry screen to enter your own Google profile and install programs. Use this measure of restoring your phone as a last resort.
Microcracks in the screen are fraught with a break in the power circuit. If this happens, then you will have to change the screen. Fortunately, in China, they cost several times cheaper.
It happens, and the malfunction lies in the incorrect installation of the SIM card or flash drive. Try to take them out and check what will happen.
A map with problems can be repaired by restoring broken clusters using a PC.
If shaken, a poorly positioned plug from the display may fall out. What will entail the disconnection of the image transmission module, or partial disconnection.
Remove the cover of the device, and plug the ribbon cable into the socket. If it is inserted, take it out and insert it. In this case, do not forget to disconnect the power cable from the battery.
When the quality of the pixels is determined, and among them it was possible to find “burnt out”, you can start looking for applications that will correct the situation:
- Jscreenfix is easy to use, you need to use the Fix Stuck Pixels button to get started. The developer promises 30 minutes to complete this operation, but the service center masters recommend leaving the devices. Not less than 10-12 hours for a more complete check;
- Pixel Fixer: Another program SIMilar to JScreenFix. To restore pixels, you also need to click on the green button;
- Dead Pixel Treatment: The platform does more than test a mobile phone for dead pixels. And then “heals” them, but at the same time reveals other defects in the display.
Xiaomi redmi 8A factory reset.
As a result of a failed software installation or other failure. Having led to the inability to use the smartphone normally, it may need to reset the settings. Xiaomi Redmi 8A is no exception. This feature is useful for those who want to re-install applications. And then return all user files from the backup. There are two reset options with the same result.
From device settings
It is necessary to enter the device settings, and then scroll to the item “backup and reset”. Then proceed in this order:
- Check the box to back up your data on Redmi 8A. Do not forget to turn on Wi-Fi so that all information is associated with your account; after creating a backup, select the “restore factory settings”;
- Confirm your decision if all important files are transferred from the smartphone’s memory.
You only need to wait for the device to reboot. It is recommended to charge the battery to the maximum so that there are no malfunctions during the procedure. Then you can use the device as before. You will need to manually transfer certain documents from the internal memory to a PC or SD card. If the specific situation requires it.
Actions how to proceed in such a situation
Changing graphics to low resolution will help. You want to limit the power consumption mode. Do not continue to play when the phone charger is on. Remove the phone from the case, allow general ventilation of the case. Disconnect phone, remove battery.
If the smartphone has been in a damp room or has been exposed to moisture. This is especially true for the USB input, and leakage into the smartphone. Oxides can lead to current leakage and this can heat up the machine. To fix, you need to clean the USB. Take a thin stick and wrap a cotton swab around it. Dip it in white spirit or alcohol, and wipe the contacts at the entrance.
If water gets inside, then you need to disassemble Meizu. And, carry out the same operation with the contacts that are attached to the board. But before doing this, disconnect the battery cable to avoid shorting.
If the microphone does not work for Meizu M8, for this you need to do the following.
Open the security settings, look for root access and press accept, restart the device. Open the “phone” and enter this combination ### or ###. Scroll to the right and find “Hardware Testing”. Audio. Audio Playback set the Heaset PGA value to 160. Exit the menu and reboot the phone.
Also, programmatic methods can be applied. But, they can only help if there are no faults in the device itself. This method is one of the SIMplest, we open the settings on the mobile phone. And, select the command “reset settings”. Keep in mind that this means deleting all data from your smartphone.
To avoid disturbing the stripes on the Meizu M8 screen, you need:
- Make sure the integrity and reconnect the display module loop;
- Replace the screen completely if there is real damage;
- Update Flyme firmware and shell.
In the first situation, contact could SIMply be broken. The connection came loose due to a shock, the contacts are clogged, or the display was not fully connected at the factory.
In the second case, it is recommended to contact a warranty specialist or an independent workshop. The third option indicates that you bought the phone with an outdated software version. Which has flaws fixed in updates.
To carry out this procedure you need:
- Enter the device settings;
- Select the item “about phone”;
- In the submenu, you will need to select the check for updates. When you turn on Wi-Fi, everything will start downloading;
- The device will reboot.
The appearance of stripes during use can be eliminated immediately after purchase by updating. This does not void your warranty. Unlike a full flashing or self-repair during the same period.
A banal method, it’s just to log into your account on the device.
Click below on the item “Delete mi account”.
In this case, the account will be disconnected from the mobile phone. There will no longer be a message when the device boots up.
If Xiaomi has lost sound, you should first check the audio settings. If there is an active mode (with sound), then we continue to look for the problem.
Needed. Clean the headphone jack.
If the headset icon is lit on the screen of the xiaomi smartphone, and the headphones are not connected, then the contacts have shorted. Therefore, the sound is transmitted to the headphones, even though they are not physically connected.
After cleaning, restart your phone.
If during a call the interlocutor does not hear you well, then this function may be disabled. Go to the settings “sound and vibration” and move the slider “noise reduction” to the value “on”.
If it is activated, and crackling and noise during a conversation are present, then try turning off the function.
The built-in mobile assistant can also interfere with normal microphone operation. Go to the “settings” menu, search for “Google”. Next, turn off the “voice recognizer”.
Reboot xiaomi phone.
Account reset can be done using Xiaomi support.
To do this, you must have documents on your phone. To confirm that it is not stolen.
How to talk to Xiaomi tech support.
Go to your type mail service and log in.
Click create message. In the first line, we write this address: firstname.lastname@example.org Or this one: service.Us@xiaomi.com In the subject you can write (Unlocking my account). You must write in English. Use online translator.
Next, we write what is required. I want to reset mi account on Xiaomi redmi 6a. This procedure is long and can take 2. 3 weeks.
We choose English and any country;
We make an Internet connection using Wi-Fi or cellular data;
After entering, click on the “Software version (Miui version)”, which you need to quickly click several (about 5) times until a notification about the granting of “Developer rights” appears. We return and go to “Second Space”, and then “Turn on second space”.
A second space is created here and the device is already quite ready for use. Nevertheless, after the reboot, everything will be reset and you will have to do everything again, so we continue. Go to the settings, then “About Phone”, “Additional Settings” and “Developer menu”. Move the toggle USB Debugging to the enable position.
We connect to the computer using USB and launch Switch. Download Minimal Adb and Fastboot and turn it on. We go to the first desktop, and on the computer we type “adb devices”. Here we enter the following command: adb (input command) shell pm uninstall (parameters) –k –user 0 (values) com.Xiaomi.Finddevice (connection with the server);
Delete “Find my phone”.
Nuances after such a decoupling.
After that, the gadget is ready for full use: you can go online, use various programs, etc.
However, it should be noted that it will not be possible to use Xiaomi services. Which is due to the lack of the account itself. On the Xiaomi account, there are many complaints from users, due to poorly executed software, and it is quite logical that it is deleted.
Xiaomi redmi note 5 factory reset
The user does not always know about elementary smartphone control techniques. Such a SIMple operation as resetting all parameters can be confusing. In our article we will talk about ways to solve the problem.
How to reset the settings in an easy way
If it is necessary to clear the system and memory of the model from all changes, records and data. We will use accessible and understandable methods. They fully return the characteristics specified by the manufacturer.
The first method is software and will only require access to the menu, so we go through the path.
Settings. . Restore and reset. Factory data reset.
We activate the last item, agreeing to delete personal information (Erase everything), in order for the rollback to the initial values to take effect, an OS reboot is required.
A global device wipe may be necessary in the following situations:
- Preparation for sale, requiring free space and no traces of user work
- Loss of the specified password. This problem is successfully resolved when returning to zero values, incorrect operation of the OS (freezes, errors, etc.) that arose after installing a large number of games and applications, the downloaded malware violated its performance, cleaning is performed before installing a new firmware.
Xiaomi redmi note 5 factory reset. Xiaomi Problem Solving
Xiaomi redmi note 5 factory reset how to. I started getting an error when I turn on the camera, tell me an easy way.
Reset to factory settings Xiaomi, now he asks to enter the old data from the Google account. Used before reset.
I don’t remember them, and the work screen does not appear. I press the power button, writes Date wiped Successfully, tell me how to start?
And the firmware is also reset to the factory settings, on my Hiaomi.
Tell me if Xiaomi reset to factory settings, will the accounts be erased? I just forgot my account passwords.
Xiaomi redmi note 5 factory reset or Hard reset via Recovery mode
This function means hard restoration of the original state, everything that was stored in the OS memory will be irretrievably destroyed. To use the tool, you will need to have a working phone and a functioning Android.
- We remove the SD and SIM cards from the device, turn it off, press and hold the power and volume buttons up.
- Release the power key after the logo appears on the screen, then use it to select and confirm items.
- Release the sound increase button when going to the menu, respectively, navigation is carried out with the volume keys.
- In the list of commands, go to English and confirm the choice.
We sequentially activate the sections “Wipe and Reset”, “Wipe all Data”, and then apply the options by clicking “yes” (or “confirm”), and the owner’s data will be completely deleted.
We are waiting for the end of the process, in about 2 percent to 100% the tool can reduce the speed of information processing, this is not a hang, do not worry and wait until the cleaning is completed.
The inscription “Data wiped successfully” will notify you of the return to the factory parameters, upon completion you must reboot using Back to main menu. Reboot. Reboot to System.
Make sure that the cleaning is done flawlessly, a SIMilar method is often used when the system freezes (for example, on the logo).
How to Hard Reset via Third Party Recovery
In addition to solving the previously listed problems, this option returns the original configuration if the device has unofficial firmware installed.
In such a situation, the interface may differ from the standard version, and it will be difficult to use the previous scheme.
What you need to do to reset the settings on Xiaomi redmi note 5.
Let’s get started, take out the SIM and SD cards, turn off the smartphone, also open the recovery menu by pressing the power and volume buttons.
The default language should be English, we use the item “Wipe all user Data”, and confirm the operation.
We are waiting for the completion of the procedure, then we use two elements with the word Wipe in the name: “Cash”, “Dalvic”. One of them may be missing, but this is not critical.
Click “Reboot System Now” and restart the device.
We hope that the article has resolved the issue of how to return to factory settings on your phone.
When you need a Hard Reset and what it is
A “hard reboot” may be needed in different situations. When selling a phone, this is the easiest way to clear it of any personal information. Some software problems can be resolved on their own by using Hard reset (for example, if the phone refuses to start, you can try to reset it to factory settings). Care must be taken, however, as the consequences of mishandling this feature can be dire.
What to install
The first thing to do is to make sure the Xiaomi bootloader is unlocked. This can be done using the Mi Unlock program. If the smartphone is unlocked, the program will show it, if not, it can be unlocked by selecting the appropriate item. To perform self-activation of Fastboot mode, the corresponding permission in developer mode must be enabled on the phone. If this function has not been activated in advance, you will have to carry the smartphone to the service center.
To flash your phone, you can use:
- Xiaomitools (for PC);
- ADB (for PC);
- Team Win Recovery Project (alternative bootloader for the gadget).
The last thing you need is an archive with firmware. It can be downloaded from the official MIUI website or found on various forums on the net if custom firmware is preferred. However, it should be borne in mind that the latter are not always characterized by stable performance and may not be installed on all smartphone models. Place the archive on your smartphone’s memory card. It does not need to be unpacked, TWRP works with such formats. Xiaomi Mi5, Redmi and some other models only support original firmware.
Remote reset via Google or Mi Cloud
Remote reset can be performed using Google or Mi Cloud services if the phone is linked to accounts in these systems. In Google, this is done using the Find My Device function:
- Go to the Android Devicemanager website and log in with the Google account that is used to log into the Xiaomi smartphone.
- The system will search for paired devices, after which you need to select the tab corresponding to your device.
- On this tab, you need to select the “Erase data” function and double-confirm the selection by clicking first on this button, and then on the “Clear” button.
- Cleaning starts and the notification “Your device has been erased” appears. If the device is turned off, the wipe will be produced as soon as the smartphone connects to the network.
Hard Reset using the Mi Cloud service is possible only if the user has created an account in the cloud and linked a smartphone to it. The procedure in this case is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Mi Cloud service and log in.
- Go to the “Devices” section and select the phone.
- Click the “Format Device” button.
- Reboot your device when cleaning is complete.
Through stock recovery
Hard Reset Xiaomi through recovery mode is suitable in a situation where the smartphone does not turn on or it is not possible to unlock it after starting. To reset, you must turn off the device, for additional data protection, you can remove all SIM cards and SD drives, if installed. Next, you need to do the following:
- We hold down the power key, and as soon as the smartphone vibrates, we hold the volume up button for 10 seconds.
- When the “Mi” logo appears, the Power button can be released while continuing to hold the volume rocker.
- The language selection screen appears. Menu control in this mode is carried out by pressing the volume up and down keys. Confirmation of selection. Button “Power”.
- After that, the Main Menu will appear, where you need to select the “Wipe and Reset” item (on some devices, “Wipe and Recovery”).
- Now you need to activate the “Wipe User Data” function and confirm the selection by clicking on “Yes”.
- After that, it remains only to wait until the phone finishes resetting and reboots.
Cleaning and flashing process
To reflash a smartphone using TWRP, you must follow these steps:
- Boot the smartphone into recovery mode (the Team Win Recovery shell should open).
- The first thing that needs to be done is to go to the “Wipe” section and check the boxes “Dalvik Cache”, “System”, “Data”, “Internal Storage”, “Cache”. Do not mark the item “External Storage”, this will delete the archive with the firmware from the memory card.
- Check the “Swipe to Factory Reset” item by moving the slider to the right. After that, you need to return to the main screen and select the “Install” item. The file manager window will appear, where you need to select the folder with the archive.
- A warning about possible problems will appear, confirm the operation and launch the firmware by clicking on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” button. We are waiting for the firmware to finish (the notification “Successfully” will be displayed), and reboot the device using the “Reboot System” button.
If everything is done correctly, the gadget will boot in working mode.
Preparing to reset and saving data
The first thing to do is check your mobile device for important data (contacts, messages, photos, etc.) and copy them to another medium. This can be done in several ways:
- Copy everything manually. Overwrite contacts to another phone, drop files to external media, etc.;
- Use the official Mi Cloud backup service;
- Use programs to create restore points from third-party developers.
Via Mi PC Suite
The methods for performing a hard reset described in the previous paragraphs are only suitable for Xiaomi smartphones with an unlocked bootloader. Without this unlocking, it is impossible to get into the reset menu; instead of launching it, the phone goes into firmware mode. In this case, the reset can be performed using the Mi PC Suite program, which is installed on the computer. In this case, it is recommended to use the Chinese version of the software, since the English version does not recognize all models of smartphones. The aLGorithm of actions for performing a reset is as follows:
- Launch Mi PC Suite and connect a smartphone running in firmware mode to it (to enable the mode, you need to hold down the power and volume up buttons).
- A dialog box will open on top of the program on the computer, where you will need to select the second item, and then click the button on the left (in the English version it is “YES”).
- After that, the system will be reset to the factory settings of Xiaomi and all information saved on the built-in storage of the device will be erased.
- When the cleaning is over, you must select the last item on the list to restart your smartphone. First boot after performing a hard reset takes up to 5 minutes.
How to reset to factory settings on Xiaomi
The question of how to reset Xiaomi to factory settings often arises among fans of smartphones of this company. Reset, or Hard Reset, is a procedure that sometimes cannot be done without.
Xiaomi factory reset options
The smartphone can be both in working and inoperative state at the time when a reset was needed. You can choose a method depending on the conditions. There are 5 options in total:
- With built-in data reset function.
- Through the original bootloader.
- Via a third-party recovery menu.
- Using Mi PC Suit software from the manufacturer.
- Using the “Find Smartphone” function of Google and Mi Cloud services.
How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Phone from Settings Menu?
Attention! Because of FRP (Factory Reset Protection, that is, protection against reset), Android will ask you to enter your account login and password, which was assigned before the Hard Reset procedure. Therefore, if you plan to sell a smartphone, you must log out of your Google account (“Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Delete account”) before resetting so that the person who receives your phone can activate their profile on it.
Given the wide range of Android phones and the difficulty of describing the factory reset process for a specific model, we will show the guide using three fundamentally different devices and firmware as examples:
- Mi A1 on pure Android, which is also used in Nokia, Motorola, OnePlus (has a slightly redesigned system) and in all devices released about the Android One program;
- Galaxy S7 running Samsung Experience. Recall that the Korean corporation is the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, so it makes sense to show this shell too;
- Redmi Note 5 on MIUI. The products of this company are in great demand in the CIS, so we could not ignore it.
The easiest way to do Hard Reset is through a special menu in the system parameters. Note again that the location and name of the items may differ slightly depending on the phone used. The main thing is to find the main category for recovery and reset.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the “Advanced Options” window.
- Click on “Backup and reset”.
- Select “Factory data reset”.
- To remove absolutely all applications and files, check the “Clear internal memory”.
- It remains to click on “Reset settings” and enter the password, if required.
Attention! As you can see, the main thing is to find the “Reset” section. In order not to be guaranteed not to “wander” in all parameters in search of the desired menu, it is easier on the main page to enter the query “Reset” in the search box. Select the desired menu from the proposed list and you will immediately get into it. And then everything is as in the instructions.
How to create a backup?
Attention! Resetting will erase all data on the Xiaomi Redmi 5 phone. If you have not backed up your contacts, images, videos, documents and everything else, then you must do this, otherwise you will lose all personal information that was on the device.
To avoid losing your data, follow these guidelines.
- Transfer photos, documents and videos to your computer via USB cable. You can also use Google Photos to backup pictures, and Google Drive cloud service is suitable for documents and folders, but you can upload the number of files to it. You will have to pay to expand storage.
- In order not to lose contacts and applications, activate cloud sync in the settings. Go to the path “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup”. Enable Google Account Backup.
Once done, you can Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5.
Factory reset (hard reset) for Xiaomi Redmi 5 phone
There are many reasons why you may need to perform a hard reset of your smartphone (Hard Reset) Xiaomi Redmi 5. Usually this procedure is performed to restore the system’s performance, which has been violated by viruses, deleting system files, “clumsy” firmware updates and many others things. Hard Reset is very easy to perform on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to back up the system and files. We will discuss all this in detail below.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (shell Samsung Experience)
- Go to the settings in a way convenient for you.
- At the bottom, click on the “General Settings” tab.
- Select “Reset” (“Archive and Reset”).
- Tap on “Reset data”.
- Click on the blue reset button.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Next”.
- Click on “Delete all” (“Reset device”).
Your phone will restart. It remains to customize it as after purchase.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (pure Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the application menu or launch them using the icon in the notification shade.
- Scroll down and go to the “System” section.
- Click “Reset”.
- Select “Erase All Data” (“Reset to Factory Settings”).
- Confirm your intention by pressing the button below.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Continue”.
- Select “Erase All”.
The device will restart and you will need to go through the initial setup again as if it were a new phone.
How to perform Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 via Recovery?
This is a useful method if your phone has a problem that prevents it from loading. It is for such cases that you need a recovery mode, through which you will need to perform a Hard Reset.
- If your phone is on, turn it off.
- Hold down the power and volume down buttons (if nothing happens, read our separate article on how to enter Recovery).
- Instead of normal loading, you will see a menu where navigation is performed using the volume keys (move the cursor) and power (select).
- Go down to the category “Wipe data / factory reset” and click on it with the power key.
- Highlight ‘Yes’ to confirm reset.
Upon completion of the reset, the device will reboot and display the standard welcome and settings window. Again, the menu names may differ slightly depending on the model.
Few people know that Xiaomi system accounts are linked to the Google program, which provides the user with many useful functions in case of impossibility to use the phone.
One of these features is a remote reset. This is a rare method that is used, for example, if your gadget is lost or stolen, and you no longer hope to find it.
- Go to “google.com/android/devicemanager” and sign in to your account;
- Click on the “Clear” field;
- All data from the smartphone will be deleted upon access to the Internet.
The first way
- Go to “Settings” in the “Advanced” / “Advanced settings” tab;
- Scrolling to the very bottom, click “Restore and Reset”;
- At the bottom of the page “Restore and reset” there is a field “Reset settings”. Go in;
- Having checked the “Clear internal memory” field, click on the “Reset settings” button, after which the phone will notify you about the deletion of all data, ask you to enter the password from the phone, if it is set, and log into the mi account;
- The update takes place and the phone restarts, which may take a while, so don’t worry if it doesn’t turn on for a long time;
How to reset
Having decided on this procedure, you should familiarize yourself with the methods of resetting the settings.
What are the ways to reset Xiaomi settings:
- A SIMple reset through the phone settings is a voluntary and not very difficult reset, meaning that everything is in order with the phone, you just decided to clean it;
- Resetting the settings without the ability to access the phone. If you forgot your phone password, or it was stolen / lost;
- Resetting via the Main Menu or Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi is a more difficult procedure, which is also used if it is impossible to turn on the device;
- Reset through other recovery programs;
- Reset via Mi Cloud service.
How to save all data from the device
Very often, people faced with a factory reset get upset because of the loss of absolutely all information from the phone. And in vain, because there are many ways to keep it.
Firstly, you can transfer all the necessary elements to a computer via a USB connection, taking them from the built-in memory or SD card memory, and place them on a PC disk, which is the most reliable method.
Secondly, make a data backup or backup of the device.
There are several ways to backup on xiaomi:
- Through settings;
Factory reset on Xiaomi
- Via Mi Cloud;
Factory reset on Xiaomi
- Via Google or dedicated computer applications.
Reset settings on Xiaomi Redmi. Hard Reset full instructions
Advantages and disadvantages
Factory reset can be both very useful and a little frustrating for the user.
- You receive your phone as if you had just purchased it;
- Longer battery life;
- Free up phone memory.
- All media files are deleted from the device memory: photos, contacts, notes, music, documents, reports on the use of certain programs, applications, call history, etc.
- After the reboot, you will need to re-enter the mi account, since the account data in the Xiaomi system will also be deleted, which can cause difficulties for those who do not remember the information associated with the account.
Fifth method: reset via Mi Cloud
- Go to the official website of the Mi Cloud service using the link “i.Mi.com/”;
- Log into your Xiaomi system account;
- Go to the “Devices” section, find your phone and find it on the map;
- Then click “Format device”;
- At the end of the uninstallation process, restart your gadget;
Method three: Hard Reset
- Turn off your phone;
- To call the Main Menu, hold down the power and volume up buttons at the same time;
- After the Xiaomi icon appears, release the power button, but continue to hold the volume up button;
- You have entered a menu that is completely in Chinese, so you need to switch to English;
Factory reset on Xiaomi
- After changing the language, click on the “Recovery” field;
- Systems of some Xiaomi models ask you to confirm your choice, press “OK”;
- You are now in the main menu, where you can select items using the volume buttons (however, sometimes touches also work). Select “Wipe Data”.
Factory reset on Xiaomi
- Continue with the “Wipe All Data” button;
Factory reset on Xiaomi
- Confirm your choice with the “Confirm” button;
- The reset process can take a while, so be prepared to wait;
Factory reset on Xiaomi
- At the end of the reset, you will see the confirmation message “Data wiped Successfully” (data successfully deleted), then return to the main menu. “Back to Main Menu”;
- To return to using the device in the main menu, click “Reboot” and “Reboot to System”;
This method of resetting the settings is also used if your smartphone is stuck on downloading the Xiaomi logo, which, unfortunately, is a common and urgent problem: you decided to restart your phone, but now it took from 15 minutes to a day or even more, and it does not turn on.
In this case, try calling the Main Menu. Hold down the power and volume up buttons at the same time. And then do everything as described in the instructions above.
Reset Xiaomi Redmi settings: methods and instructions
Many users of phones of any brand have heard of the so-called factory reset on the phone. Some are in no hurry to figure out why and for what it is needed, while others have found many benefits of factory reset and do not neglect this procedure. What is it and is it really necessary to reset your phone?