Xiaomi Mi a1 connect to computer
Detailed instructions for installing the official firmware on Xiaomi Mi A1 (Tissot / Tissot_Sprout) with an unlocked bootloader.
To install the official firmware via Fastboot, an unlocked bootloader is required on the device.
Neither the site administration nor the author of the instructions are responsible for your actions and results. Everything you do. you do only at your own peril and risk.
Make backup copies of all necessary data and files and save them to a computer, removable media or cloud.
Create a folder called “Android” in the root of the C:\ drive.
Activate the “USB Debugging” item on your smartphone. You can do this in the “For Developers” section. How to open it can be found here.
Connect the phone to the computer via a USB cable and change the connection type from “Charging only” to “File transfer (MTP)”. It is recommended to use an original or good quality cable, as well as a USB 2.0 port located on the motherboard (for PC).
Open a command prompt and go to the created Android folder with the command “cd c:\Android\” (commands are written without quotes).
Make sure that the computer finds the device by ADB. To do this, you need to enter “adb devices” into the command line. On the request that appears on the phone for permission to debug via ADB on this computer, you must click “Ok”, while selecting the item “Always allow from this computer”. If the device is visible, the text “List of devices attached” and a list of all devices (for example, xxxxxxx device) will be displayed. If “offline” is written instead of “device” or the list is empty, then you need to update ADB, check the drivers / cord, change the USB port / computer.
Reboot the smartphone into Fastboot mode. To do this, enter “adb reboot bootloader” on the command line or turn it off, then turn it on while holding down the Volume Down key. The screen should display a hare in a hat with earflaps.
The first time you connect to a computer in Fastboot mode, the system may request drivers. To install them, you must specify the path to the folder with the downloaded drivers. If this does not happen and the device is not detected, you need to go to the “Device Manager”, expand the drop-down menu “Other devices” and double-click on the item “Unknown device” (or “Android 1.0”) with an exclamation mark in the yellow triangle. In the “General” tab, click on the “Update driver” button, refuse to search the network and specify the path to the folder with the drivers, while activating the “Include subfolders” item. You may receive a warning that the publisher could not be verified, but you should still ignore this message and continue with the installation. After a while, the drivers will be installed.
Make sure that the computer finds the device in Fastboot mode. To do this, enter the “fastboot devices” command. If the answer is “xxxxxxx fastboot”, then the phone is connected correctly. If “waiting for device” is displayed or nothing at all, you need to check the status of the USB connection or reinstall the drivers.
Method 1 (Automatic) At the command prompt, enter:
- “flash_all.bat”. to install the firmware with the removal of all user data;
- “flash_all_except_storage.bat”. for installing firmware with saving user data and then blocking the bootloader;
- “flash_all_lock.bat”. for installing the firmware with deleting all data on the device and then locking the bootloader;
- “flash_all_lock_crc.bat”. to install the firmware with deleting all data on the device, then locking the bootloader and encrypting the memory;
- “flash_factory.bat”. to install the firmware with the removal of all data, as well as sections “/ modemst1”, “/ modemst2”, which contain information about IMEI. It is highly recommended not to use this method.
Wait for the firmware installation to complete.
At the end of the operation, the device should reboot. The initial startup may take some time, but no more than 5-10 minutes. If the installation was completed without deleting user data and the device “hangs” on boot for a long time, you must perform the so-called. hard reset. For this you need:
- Put the phone into recovery mode. To do this, turn off the device, and then turn it on while holding down the Volume Up key and the Power button. Release the buttons after vibration. When Android lying on its back appears on the screen with an exclamation mark and the inscription “No command” you need to hold down the Power button and press the Volume Up key once, then release both buttons.
- Now select the item “wipe data / factory reset” and on the next screen. “Yes.- delete all user data”.
- After completing the deletion of the data, select “reboot system now”.
This time the device should boot without problems.
On the command line, perform the following steps one by one:
- fastboot flash modem_a images\modem.img
- fastboot flash modem_b images\modem.img
- fastboot flash sbl1 images\sbl1.img
- fastboot flash sbl1bak images\sbl1.img
- fastboot flash tzbak images\tz.img
- fastboot flash devcfg images\devcfg.img
- fastboot flash devcfgbak images\devcfg.img
- fastboot flash dsp images\adspso.bin
- fastboot flash sec images\sec.dat
- fastboot flash splash images\splash.img
- fastboot flash misc images\misc.img
- fastboot flash aboot images\emmc_appsboot.mbn
- fastboot flash abootbak images\emmc_appsboot.mbn
- fastboot flash boot_a images\boot.img
- fastboot flash boot_b images\boot.img
- fastboot flash system_a images\system.img
- fastboot flash system_b images\system.img
- fastboot flash lksecapp images\lksecapp.img
- fastboot flash lksecappbak images\lksecapp.img
- fastboot flash cmnlib images\cmnlib.img
- fastboot flash cmnlibbak images\cmnlib.img
- fastboot flash cmnlib64 images\cmnlib64.img
- fastboot flash cmnlib64bak images\cmnlib64.img
- fastboot flash keymaster images\keymaster.img
- fastboot flash keymasterbak images\keymaster.img
- fastboot flash userdata images\userdata.img (exclude if need to keep user data)
- fastboot flash tz images\tz.img
- fastboot flash rpmbak images\rpm.img
- fastboot flash rpm images\rpm.img
- fastboot reboot bootloader
- fastboot set_active a
- fastboot reboot
After a while, the device itself will reboot into the system and will be ready for further work. If this does not happen, you must enter “fastboot reboot” on the command line or hold down the Power button for about 10 seconds.
Xiaomi does not see the computer, reasons, solutions
The most common way to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a computer is via USB. This function is used to transfer multimedia files, copy photos, use the gadget as a flash drive. Xiaomi does not see the computer, Xiaomi does not sync with the PC. Simply put, Xiaomi does not connect with a computer or laptop.
This can happen after updating the phone or changing Xiaomi settings. How to make PC show up in Xiaomi? The answer to this question in the article.
Checking the USB cable
To begin with, let’s determine whether the USB cable itself is working, whether there are any external damages on it. It happens that the connection to Xiaomi is clogged. In this case, it should be carefully and carefully cleaned with a needle, trying not to damage the cables.
Another reason may be a non-native cable, which can only charge the device, but is not suitable for transferring files. In this case, there is only one way out: buy an original USB.
If the problem is not solved, and the computer does not see Xiaomi, just in case, check the health of the PC connectors. You can choose any other USB connector on the back or front of the computer. Sometimes a motherboard southbridge failure can render all USB ports inoperable. The only way out here is to repair or replace the computer motherboard.
The fourth reason why Xiaomi does not see the computer may be a connector malfunction on Android. When water gets in or the smartphone falls, the gadget stops responding to connecting devices, “glitches” begin.
In any case, you can try restarting Xiaomi. It also helps, according to user reviews, if you remove the battery from Xiaomi for a few minutes and hold it in your hands.
If you connect the gadget to a computer, and the “charging” mode is displayed on the display screen, you can transfer data between the laptop and Xiaomi. This is not related to the cord malfunction, but to the smartphone settings.
So, when connecting Xiaomi to a PC, the following modes are possible:
If the computer does not see the Xiaomi phone via USB, but it is charging, you need to go to the Xiaomi settings menu and in the window that appears, check the item opposite the desired function: for example, MTP transfer.
Turn on debug mode
Sometimes the gadget refuses to interact with the PC due to the fault of the developers of new versions of Xiaomi Mi Max 2S, A2, 5A, 4x, etc. In this case, the root of the problem why Xiaomi does not see the computer lies in the firmware settings. If Xiaomi does not see the computer after the update, and before that everything worked, to solve the problem of connecting a smartphone, you should delve into the phone settings and enable access to advanced type connection settings.
In the “About Phone” tab, select “Developer Mode” by clicking on the MIUI menu about 7 times, after the entry appears: “You are already a developer”, click on the “Developer Settings” menu, and select “USB Debugging” in the window that appears. After turning on debugging and the results are positive, you can safely use your Xiaomi phone as a drive.
Causes of problems
The main reason why the computer does not see the phone is not a malfunction in the computer, but the settings in the device. Along with this, the second most important are:
- “wrong” USB cable (non-original cable or damage to the connector, wire);
- lack of drivers on the laptop to connect your phone model;
- system problems associated with a failure in a laptop or Xiaomi;
- Wrong choice of connection method (Xiaomi charges via USB, but cannot connect).
The Android application plays an important role here if the user has made an update. In new versions, Xiaomi does not see the computer due to the data protection set by the developers. But first things first. Let’s move on to solving problems: what to do if the problem is in a faulty cable.
The problem of connecting a gadget to a laptop is solved in the same way as in a personal computer.
Connecting via terminal
To solve the problem of connecting your Xiaomi phone to a PC, you can use the help of the terminal program by installing the program from Google Play. It’s called Terminal Android Emulator.
After installation, connect your smartphone to the PC. Having opened the Terminal program in the line, enter the word su and press Enter. This turns on the super user mode. After, already in the root access mode in the same window, enter a new line: setprop persist.sys.USB.config mass_storage, adb and click Enter. To apply the changes, you must restart the program by entering the reboot command. This method is suitable if you plan to launch your smartphone in flash drive mode. To synchronize Xiaomi with PC in media file transfer mode, in the longest command, replace the word mass_storage with mtp, which means multimedia for short. If the computer does not see files on Xiaomi, but is displayed in camera mode? Read more about it.
When we connect Xiaomi to a computer, automatic processes are launched. During normal operation of PC programs. the following autorun menu appears:
Xiaomi smartphone autostart does not work in some cases. In this case, the gadget will not be displayed on the laptop. To manually install the drivers on the laptop, you will need to download 2 files. One of them is a program for Media Tek, the second is Qualcomm. However, you can dig into the drivers for MIUI yourself, since the choice on the Internet is wide, and determine which one is best suited for your Xiaomi.
Important! When installing files on Windows 8 and 10, you will need to disable driver digital signature verification and restart your computer.
To automatically install drivers via the Internet, you need to run the command:
Start Control Panel System and Security System Device Manager Portable Devices. The following window should appear, in which we click on the icon of your smartphone. To identify problems, why does the computer not see Xiaomi, you will need to click, calling the context menu and select the Properties tab. Then check if the device is working properly. If not, then deleting the connection, then re-installing it may help.
If the problem persists and Xiaomi does not see the computer, you should download the drivers via the Internet. Of the two items in the Properties tab, you will need to select the automatic search for drivers for the device. If you choose manual installation, you will need to specify the path to the folder where the downloaded files are located. In our case, Media Tek and Qualcom. They are usually located in the Downloads folder. Special applications will help to establish a connection between Xiaomi and a PC. One of them: the program MiPCSuite. You can download it from the official website of the developer. By installing the program, the user gets the opportunity to synchronize the PC with Xiaomi: and use the function of transferring photos, files.
Basically, problems with connecting Xiaomi to PC are not that big and are easily fixed. If none of the above methods worked, and the Xiaomi smartphone does not see the computer, there are two options left:
- reset all settings to factory settings. When using this function, it is important to remember that a reset will delete all user data: contacts, mail, etc.
- change firmware.
In the latter case, it is important to figure out which one is best suited for a smartphone. To date, there are two most popular firmware versions:
- It is necessary to reset files of various types from the mobile device (photos, videos, audio files, text documents, etc.);
- To organize work with the system partitions of the smartphone (most often, the application cache is installed).
If international stable firmware is used, then when connecting the phone to a PC, the user will have three options for connecting (to access them, just lower the curtain):
- Simple charging (used by default). In this mode, only the battery is recharged and there is no possibility to view the information contained on the smartphone;
- File transfer. This mode provides access to all contents of the mobile device, including system partitions;
- PTP photo transfer. Allows you to quickly access a folder that contains photos and screenshots.
If the computer does not see Xiaomi via USB, then it may be using Chinese firmware and you need to reflash MIUI to the international version.
You can also try the following methods to connect the product:
Go to the settings, where select the “Advanced settings” or “Advanced” item, then enter the “For Developers” tab and enable the “USB debugging” mode. The system will check the correct connection and automatically correct errors;
Also in this tab, you can allow the installation of the application via USB and make security settings, in particular, allow granting permissions and simulating input using debugging via USB;
Next, select the Bluetooth and other devices tab, where your phone should be displayed. If the connection is correct, an icon will be displayed, as in the screenshot. Otherwise, you need to click on the “Android” icon and right-click on the menu, where you can select troubleshooting and update the driver.
After that, a folder with the name of your phone should appear in “My Computer”.
The proposed Xiaomi connection options as USB are the most common and effective. If they do not help, then it is recommended to flash the product or install special third-party applications (for example, Android Terminal Emulator), which allow you to register the connection of a mobile device through the terminal.
Connecting the headphones to the phone
Before connecting Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Pro earbuds, two conditions must be met:
If these conditions are met, proceed in the following order:
- enable Bluetooth on the phone;
- press the button on the side of the case with headphones, hold it until the indicator flashes;
- find in the list of devices on the phone Redmi AirDots or Mi True Wireless Earphoness (both names mean one Xiaomi device);
- click on the name to connect.
If the phone requires a password, four zeros must be entered (default). After that, the headphones can be taken out and used.
After the first connection, Xiaomi wireless headphones will, in the future, connect automatically when you open the case.
Redmi AirDots headphones have a slightly different, simpler case without a side button. Their connection occurs automatically after being taken out of the box.
How to connect Xiaomi earbuds to phone and computer
Brief instructions on how to connect both Xiaomi earbuds to your mobile phone and computer. What to do if only one of them connects.
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Pro wireless earphones were immediately liked by users, both for their appearance and characteristics. And, of course, I also liked the price, especially since such earbuds (headphones) quickly became fashionable.
Sometimes there are problems when connecting AirDots to the phone, so we will briefly tell you how to do it right.
What to do if only one earbud is connected
It happens sometimes. that only one earbud is connected, and the second does not work. The reason for this is the loss of pairing between them. The fact is that, in fact, usually the right earpiece is connected to the phone, and the left one works through it. If the connection between them is lost, then the sound will appear in only one.
To restore pairing, you must first delete Redmi AirDots on your phone, turn off Bluetooth.
- put the headphones in the case;
- press and hold the side button on the case for at least 15 seconds;
- after the indication appears, the synchronization will be reset and the headphones will be paired again.
For Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Model:
- take both earbuds out of the case;
- press the button on each to turn off and hold for 10 seconds until the red indicator turns on;
- press both buttons again and hold until the white indicator flashes first on both, then the sound on the right and the indication on the left turns off.
The presence of indication only on the right earphone means that the synchronization was successful and can be connected to the phone.
Sometimes you have to repeat these steps several times until you can synchronize them with each other. But then Xiaomi Redmi AirDots work steadily.
How to connect Xiaomi earbuds to a computer or laptop
Connecting Xiaomi wireless headphones to a laptop usually does not cause difficulties, especially if the keyboard has a Bluetooth enable button. In this case, you need to proceed in the above order: turn on Bluetooth, then the case, find the headphones in the list of devices, connect.
In the case of a computer, it’s a little more complicated. Not all computers are equipped with a Bluetooth adapter. To verify this, you need to enter the Device Manager (via the Control Panel) and check for availability. If there is no adapter, you must first buy it and install it on your computer.
If there is a Bluetooth adapter, turn it on (right-click, “Enable”). Then you need to find Xiaomi Redmi AirDots in the list of available devices and connect as described above.
- Plug the microUSB cable into your phone and then connect it to your computer. If the connection was successful, Xiaomi Redmi 4x will start charging.
- After the phone is connected by cable to the computer, a window should appear on its screen with a choice of connection mode. In order to be able to download files from a smartphone, select the connection mode File transfer via USB (may be called As a removable disk or File transfer. You can see examples in the pictures below.
- Some time after connecting the smartphone and selecting the appropriate mode, a new device with the name of your Xiaomi phone should appear in the “My Computer” section.
If the PC does not see Redmi 4x, then most likely the drivers were not installed automatically, or they were installed incorrectly. In this case, you need to manually install them. To do this, just type in any search engine “Xiaomi Redmi 4x drivers” and download them.
As you can see, the connection process is very simple. This manual is suitable for any Xiaomi smartphone. We hope we were able to help you.
In order for Xiaomi to be able to transfer files (or vice versa, transfer from it to a computer), you need to open the notification panel on your phone, select the “USB operating mode” item and select the “Data transfer” I didn’t find anything from the ones you listed, and apparently you didn’t succeed in posting normal screenshots 🙁
Синхронизация смартфона xiaomi MI A1 с ПК через USB
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer via USB?
Imagine that you need to download photos from your phone to your computer. How to do it? The easiest way to connect your smartphone to your computer is with a USB cable. But in modern smartphones based on Android, this is not enough, you need to do some more steps. What exactly? And right now we will tell you about them.
You will need a USB cable. If you suddenly forgot what it looks like, then you have an image of the cable:
Connect your smartphone to one side, the cable to the USB port on a computer or laptop with the other side.
In the My Computer section, the smartphone was reflected as a portable device.
Everything? If: In modern versions of Android, you cannot open a device with files until you give access from the device itself. If you open the device in My Computer, you won’t see anything (not relevant for older versions of Android). Therefore, pick up the phone and swipe from the top edge of the display to the bottom to bring up the notification panel.
And now, when you open the device through My Computer, you will see its file system.
By the way, if you select Photo transfer (PTP), the device will appear in My Computer as a digital camera. Only images are available.
Many users of smartphones of any brand often connect their gadget to a computer in order to transfer any files or install something on their phone. But in order to be able to do this, you need to know the correct connection sequence and possible nuances, as well as sources of problems, in order to be ready to solve them as they become available.
To get started, connect your phone to your computer via USB and check the simple functionality.
- Insert cables into both connectors;
- Open the top curtain menu on your phone in the notifications tab;
- There should appear a line notifying you of the connection;
- Click on it, and you will go to the connection settings;
- So, the connection may not happen if you have both options disabled, as shown above. Activate the first field “Media device (MTP)”. so you can transfer any data from your phone.
Use the second mode “Camera (PTP)” only when you only need to transfer photos to the PC. So, the computer itself will open the folder with images, and you do not have to search for a long time. But keep in mind that in this mode, the phone does not see folders with other files.
- Go to the call menu;
- Type the following combination in it: “##13491##”;
- After entering the last character, a dialog box should appear on the screen, in which 2 options will be available. select the connection method “MTP”;
- As mentioned earlier, this mode allows you to transfer any files from your smartphone to your computer, which is why it is also called multimedia;
This method can be applied not only on Xiaomi smartphones, be it Xiaomi Redmi 4x, Redmi 5, 5 plus or Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, but also on any other Android device.
Connecting to a Computer: Installing Drivers
Drivers are software that helps the computer understand how the connected gadget / device works and how to “communicate” with it.
All devices have their own drivers: phones, printers, scanners, etc.
It happens that even when you connect the phone for the first time, the drivers are installed by themselves and subsequently updated when necessary. However, if this does not happen, you can do the installation procedure yourself.
Attention! If you have a computer running Windows 8/Windows 10, disable the program’s digital signature, i.e. virus protection, before performing the installation, otherwise some processes will be inaccessible to you.
- Conduct a research of sites with software on the Internet and select the most reliable ones (for example, w3bsit3-dns.com);
- In the section with your smartphone model, find two archives: “MediaTek program” and “Qualcomm program” and download them;
- In the usual way, unzip these files and place what you get on the system drive (usually drive C) so as not to lose or accidentally delete it;
- Restart the computer (on your own, if you have not received a notification of need from the PC itself);
Now try to connect your phone. If he still does not see the computer or you have already installed the drivers, we will try to update them.
The phone does not see the computer: checking from a PC
Similar to the previously given test can be carried out from a computer. It is possible that the computer did not recognize your smartphone and placed it in a folder with undefined devices.
- Go to the control panel on the PC;
- Select the “Hardware and Sound” tab;
- Next. “Devices and Printers”;
- In the “Media Devices” tab, find the name of your phone model, right-click the menu and click on “Troubleshooting”;
- Further, the computer will detect the presence and absence of problems and offer their solution if necessary;
Xiaomi Mi A1 Connect to data transfer for Laptop or Desktop
On Windows 8/Windows 10, the names of these tabs will be slightly different.
Why Xiaomi does not connect to the computer: reasons
In those. support and service centers often receive questions about the lack of connection of the phone to the computer. There are a number of reasons why the connection may not work, and before asking for help from specialists, make sure that you have checked everything.
The computer does not see the Xiaomi phone because:
- You have a non-original USB cable. For example, you bought it not in the brand’s store itself, or it could be a marriage.
- The cable is dirty and contains internal debris. Many people notice that when dealing with a connection problem, they find a lot of small debris or dust in the cable or connector on the computer. Be sure to check your wires and clean them gently with toothpicks if necessary.
To avoid such situations, use special plugs for wires!
- The cable is broken/bent. When the cables are bent, the wires inside them come off, and they can no longer perform their respective functions. In this situation, you will simply need to purchase a new cable;
- The required drivers are not installed on the computers. Perhaps you are connecting the phone to the computer for the first time in principle, or it is possible that some kind of failure has occurred in the system.
- Using the wrong connection method or incorrect connection itself.
If you are convinced that everything is in order, try to follow the further instructions one by one and skip the steps only if you are 100% sure that you did it earlier.
A method that is often used to solve a connection problem is USB debugging.
USB debugging mode or debugging mode is a kind of making changes to the operating system for some specific purpose. With this function, you can get root rights. user rights, and with them many new features.
- Detect problems with the phone, which is what we need;
- Test the components of the device;
- Test the operation of any programs;
- Perform a data backup (backup);
- Get more detailed data about the phone and all the processes taking place in it;
- Restore device.
As we can see, root rights allow you to do many interesting and useful things.
How to get user rights and do USB debugging:
- Go to “Settings” and then go to “About smartphone” or “About device”;
- Find the field where the installed version of MIUI is written and click on it up to 7 times;
- If you did everything correctly, a notification will appear about obtaining root rights;
- Now go to “Advanced” or “Advanced Settings” and “For Developers”;
Method two: instruction
- After downloading, connect the gadget to the computer;
- Open the program, enter “su” and confirm your action;
- Next, type “setprop persist.sys.USB.config mtp, adb” and press Enter;
- Type “Reboot”, press “Enter” and wait for the phone to reboot;
- Ready! This procedure is also possible to carry out not only on Xiaomi devices.
This operation is very simple, as you just need to connect the products using a USB cable.
Next, the user will be offered three synchronization options:
- Only charging the device. This mode allows you to speed up the process of replenishing the battery capacity, but at the same time excludes the possibility of organizing data transfer;
- File transfer. If you select this option, you will be able to copy all the information stored on your mobile phone. This mode can be selected if you plan to transfer files from Xiaomi to Xiaomi;
- Photo transfer (PTP). Enabling this option is recommended when you plan to work only with photos.
In addition, you can connect Xiaomi to your computer as a USB flash drive, which will make it easy to copy data between two devices, as well as organize work with the system partitions of the mobile product.
Possible connection problems
If the smartphone does not use international stable firmware, then in some cases the PC may not detect the device. In such cases, you can connect Xiaomi to a computer after debugging the system via USB.
Enabling this option allows you to perform the following tasks:
- Troubleshooting in the operation of the device;
- Conduct testing of various applications;
- Perform data backup;
- Collect complete data about the functioning of the gadget;
- Restore device functionality.
In order to debug, you need to go to the settings, then go to the “About phone” tab and click on the line “MIUI Version” 7 times.
Next, go to “Advanced Settings”, where we select the item “For Developers” and then activate the option “USB Debugging”.
After the operation is completed, the procedure for connecting to the PC should pass without any problems.
How to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a computer: an alternative option
If the previous methods did not allow you to connect between the two devices, then on the mobile product you can try the following steps:
- Open the call menu;
- Dial the combination “##13491##”;
- In the window that appears, select the “MTP” line, as a result of which the user will be able to move various files between two devices.
The proposed options for connecting a Xiaomi phone to a PC are the most common and simple. Other methods involve installing various applications (for example, Mi PC Suite), which also provide extended access to all user information stored on a mobile device.
How to connect a smartphone, tablet to the Internet via PC with USB
Not everyone has access to the Internet on their Android smartphone or tablet, but from time to time it becomes necessary to install the right application, update old versions of games and programs, download additional cache, etc. In this case, you can distribute the Internet from a computer (which is connected to the Network) using a USB cable.
You might be interested in reading s:
To connect your smartphone or tablet to the Internet via a PC with USB, you will need root rights. Read about getting them in the posts: how to get Root, Superuser rights in Android and Framaroot. root in one click. If this step has already been completed, you can proceed.
By the way, root rights may be needed in other cases: when you need to transfer applications from internal memory to an SD memory card or, for example, increase the speed of the Internet on Android. And now back to connecting the device to the network through a computer.
To get started, download and install the Android SDK for Windows from the link.
Then go to Network and Internet on your computer, then Network Connections. In the new window that opens, select the network connection, right-click on it and go to the connection properties.
After that, open the Sharing tab and check the box next to Allow other network users to use this computer’s Internet connection. Then click OK.
After completing the steps, we take an Android smartphone or tablet in our hands, go to Settings, open the item For developers and check the box next to USB Debugging.
Now download this archive to your computer. Unpack it and find inside the AndroidTool.exe program. run it.
So, click on the Refresh button (see the photo above), then the search for connected gadgets will be activated. After the search is complete, in the Select a device field, find your device. In the Select DNS to use list, select DNS and click the Connect button.
A window with a running connection string will open. A new USB tunnel app will appear on your Android tablet or smartphone. It may require you to grant Superuser rights. Agree by clicking Submit.
That’s all, after that you will see the inscription Connection Done and then the PC will be able to distribute the Internet connection via USB to a smartphone or tablet running Android.
Home / Instructions / How to connect a smartphone, tablet to the Internet via PC with USB
How to Connect Xiaomi Mi A1 to Computer via Wi-Fi
This method is less reliable, since the quality of the wireless connection directly depends on the speed of the Internet. However, in this case, you will be free from the disadvantage of additional cables that constantly break and get under your feet.
To set up a Wi-Fi connection, you need to install special software on your Android smartphone and PC. Let’s take My Phone Explorer as an example:
- Install the program on a computer and Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the app on your smartphone.
- Also open the program on the PC and select the “Connect” option.
- Wait for the sync to finish.
- Open the folder of interest and follow the necessary steps.
You can also use other applications that work on the principle of an FTP server to connect. To do this, just enter the appropriate search query in the Play Store, after which all available programs will be displayed on the screen.
The easiest and most reliable option for connecting Xiaomi Mi A1 to a PC is to use the USB connector that both the phone and the computer have. For this you will need:
- Insert one part of the cable into the smartphone and the other into the PC.
- Open on PC “Computer”.
- Go to folder with phone name.
Please note that Xiaomi Mi A1 only charges via USB by default. To set up data transfer, you need to activate the corresponding option in the USB connection settings. A suggestion to make changes to the parameters also appears when connecting.
If you’re having trouble setting up a connection due to various problems, whether it’s a broken cable or no Wi-Fi, then you can take a workaround. This option is suitable for those who plan to transfer a file from Xiaomi Mi A1 to PC or vice versa.
In this case, it is recommended to use auxiliary means. For example, cloud storage. Upload the file to the cloud on your computer, and then upload it to your phone by logging in with the same account. Similar actions can be performed via e-mail by sending a file to the same mailbox.
How to install Android 10 on Xiaomi Mi A1
Android Mobile Phones One such as Xiaomi The Mi A1 comes with a two-year upgrade guarantee to the latest version of Android. There was much doubt that this model would be extended for even more than a year to get Android 10, but after many attempts by the community, this was not possible and officially left without an update.
That’s when resources and other options come in that make Android into a distinct operating system with options and probabilities that allow us to bring the latest versions to our mobile devices, even if they don’t officially do so. In more than one case, we have been able to know other alternatives for popular mobile phones, and in the case of Xiaomi Mi A1, since it contains Android One, it is much easier.
Steps to Install Android 10
To get Android 10 for our Xiaomi Mi A1, we will resort to a custom ROM. which allows us to enjoy this version regardless of the manufacturer. In addition, we can count on the fact that it is developed by two teams that have officially certified it and are very popular in the Android community. Pixel Experience ROM and DorpFest ROM.
Before starting with the necessary steps, we must recommend taking all your photos, videos and content because everything on our mobile phone will be deleted and we will not have the opportunity to restore it. We must also mention that this is a process for which we need to have some prior knowledge and we must be careful if we do not want to take risks.
First of all, we must unlock the bootloader of our mobile and install the TWRP tool that will allow us to install Android 10 later. In our case, we will follow the next steps with the Pixel Experience ROM since we have a larger number of users who have already tried it and therefore offer us a higher level of security, although it will be similar in both cases.
for Xiaomi Mi A1
- After we have the files, we check that the battery is almost ready, or even better, we connect it to the charging cable.
- Reboot the mobile using the TWRP tool.
- In the TWRP tool, we will first need to make a full backup of the original software.
- Then we wipe cache and data before flashing Android 10 ROM.
- Next, you need to install Pixel Experience ROM along the Install Install Zip path, select a file called PixelExperiece.zip.
- To finish, restart the device and configure it.
News that we can enjoy in Mi A1
After completing all these steps, we will have access to all Android 10 options on Xiaomi Mi A1 and therefore access to gestures or dark mode in all applications. App access control or location access, among others, are the other most important changes. The battery also receives news as these ROMs have been adapted to minimize the impact they have and that we have practically the same consumption as before.
The standard method for connecting any mobile gadget (regardless of brand) is to connect the devices using a USB cable.
Connecting Xiaomi to a computer (no matter: stationary or laptop) via USB is done like this:
- Plug the cable into the USB port on your smartphone or tablet.
- Insert the same cable into the USB slot on the PC.
- Open the notification shade on your smartphone from the status bar.
- Click on the line notifying the user that the device is connected via USB to another device.
- Choose the connection mode depending on what you need: data transfer, device charging or photo and video transfer.
Camera mode should only be used when you only want to transfer photos from your smartphone to your PC. The device will automatically open the folder with media data.
Important! In the “Camera” mode, the computer will not be given access to other folders on the device, so you will not be able to transfer files from them in this case.
To transfer data between a Xiaomi device and a PC, you can use not only the application on your smartphone, but also the program on the PC. The software is called Mi PC Suite.
- synchronize your computer with a smartphone or tablet;
- do data recovery;
- update the firmware on the device;
- access the gadget’s memory;
- get the device access to the Internet via PC.
- Download it on Xiaomi official website.
- Open file with.exe extension.
- Install the program on PC.
- After installation, open, click on the button in the upper left corner: it shows the Xiaomi logo (Wi-Fi support is required).
The program is fully translated into English.
- Screenshot. This section manages all Xiaomi devices connected to the PC.
- “Manage Back Up”. This section contains information about data backups.
- “Update Now”. The section in which the firmware of the connected device is updated without the “Settings” application.
- App. A section that allows you to install various applications on the device directly.
- File Explorer. File explorer that transfers or copies files from device to device.
In fact, Mi PC Suite is a full-fledged application for managing a smartphone or tablet that is connected to it.
It will be convenient for those who move large amounts of information from a smartphone to a PC and vice versa, because data transfer via cable is still the fastest way to exchange data with a high quality connection.
Using this software, you can connect to the PC not only smartphones of the Mi, Redmi, Note series, but also headphones and a speaker from Xiaomi.
On an Android smartphone, the connection between the gadget and the PC is established using a combination of characters on the typing field in the Contacts application.
The smartphone will be switched to multimedia mode, in which data is exchanged with other connected gadgets.
Connection using a special program
There are many programs for connecting Xiaomi smartphones and tablets to a Windows computer.
Android Terminal Emulator
Among them is the Android Terminal Emulator. This application is freely available on Google Play.
It is worth noting that not only owners of Xiaomi devices can use this method of connecting a mobile gadget to a computer.
Connecting to a Computer: Installing Drivers
A driver is software that allows a computer to work with a connected device in compatibility mode. There are drivers for absolutely any connected peripherals.
Also for smartphones and tablets.
If the device is connected to a PC for the first time, then the computer will need to install drivers to work with the device. Windows 8/10 computers can install these drivers automatically if they are connected to the internet.
Attention! If the system has not started the automatic download and installation process, you should do it manually.
- Login to search engine.
- Type the request “download drivers for the smartphone / tablet model for Windows system model” (the request may differ for each user).
- Go to profile site.
- Download archives “MediaTek program” and similarly “Qualcomm”.
- Unzip them into one folder in the system storage.
- Restart PC.
- Reconnect smartphone or tablet to computer.
If the PC still does not see the device, then it is worth updating the drivers. This will require:
- open device manager;
- open the “portable devices” section;
- find the connected smartphone/tablet;
- click on it with the right mouse button;
- click “Update Driver”.
Among the possible problems that users face when connecting the device to a PC is the following difficulty: the phone does not see the PC.
Mi A1 how to connect with computer.
This can happen because the computer did not recognize the connected gadget and moved it to the section with unidentified devices.
- Go to PC Control Panel.
- Go to the “hardware and sound” section.
- Go to “Devices and Printers”.
- In the column “Devices and multimedia” find the name of the connected gadget.
- Right-click on it and select “Troubleshoot”.
If the computer finds problems, it will suggest ways to solve the problems that have arisen.
The reverse situation may also arise, in which the PC does not see the smartphone / tablet.
This can happen for several reasons:
- using a non-original cable;
- using a dirty, broken or defective connection cable;
- lack of drivers on the computer;
- incorrect connection.
To diagnose connection problems, you can open the USB debugger, use it to get root rights, which will allow you to:
- Find problems that have arisen.
- Test device components.
- Make a backup copy of all gadget data.
- Get more detailed information about all the processes taking place in the device.
- Make a device backup.
To get root rights on Xiaomi, you will need:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Go to the gadget description section.
- Quickly click on the line where the installed version of MIUI is written, about 7 times.
After that, a message will appear stating that root rights have been obtained. Then you can go to the settings in the advanced features section, open the “For Developers” column and enable USB debugging.
There are several ways to connect a Xiaomi device to a computer.
The simplest of them is a USB connection. How to connect Xiaomi phone to computer via USB cable? To do this, you need a working USB cable and drivers for the device, and the connection procedure is described in the instructions above.
Also, the connection is carried out using third-party programs and applications. For example, the Android Terminal Emulator application is installed on a tablet or smartphone, and Mi PC Suite is installed on a PC.
Connecting to a computer
The connection method depends on several factors: whether the headphones have already been connected to another device, what operating system is used on the computer, and so on.
If the headphones have just been purchased and have not yet been linked to any device, then in order for them to be visible when searching in the system, it is necessary to carry out the initial setup:
- take the headphones out of the case;
- if they are charged, they will turn on, which will be seen from the flashing signals on the body of each. Otherwise, they need to be charged;
- hold down the buttons on both headphones for 10-15 seconds. The lights should start flashing red;
- release the buttons and hold again for 3-5 seconds. This is necessary to connect the headphones to each other. This will be indicated by the white color of the indicator.
If everything is done correctly, then the right earpiece will notify you of a successful connection in English. You can also understand that everything is working by the indicators: the white color will slowly flash on the right, and the left will turn off. Now you can start connecting to your computer.
Connecting if the headphones are already paired with another device
It happens that you need to reconnect the headphones to a computer or laptop when they were previously used with a smartphone. When you try to connect them, they will automatically sync with the device they were last connected to. To avoid connection, you can turn off Bluetooth on your smartphone. But in this case, it is not guaranteed that the headphones will be able to connect to the computer, because they will continue to look for the phone. To avoid this, you need:
- connect headphones to the phone;
- go to the smartphone settings;
- go to the tab with Bluetooth devices;
- find Redmi AirDots or AirDots BASIC_AIR depending on the batch of headphones. old or new;
- forget or delete the selected device.
After that, the headphones will be untied from the smartphone and you can easily connect them to another device.
For Windows 10
There are two ways to connect airdots to a computer or laptop on Windows 10: through the settings and on the focus panel. In the first case it is necessary:
- in the lower left corner of the screen, click the “Start” button;
- a magnifying glass will appear next to it. the search icon. It may also be right next to the Start button in the bottom bar, depending on your settings;
- start typing “Bluetooth”. After 2-3 characters, the very first button should be the “Settings for Bluetooth and other devices”. Click on it;
- if Bluetooth is turned off, move the slider to the working position;
- in the upper part, find a large button in the form of a plus inside a square and click on it;
- in the window that opens, click the “Bluetooth” button;
- after the search, select the headphones and click on them. The connection will start. If a password is required, enter “0000”.
The second method is shorter, but only works if the “focus of attention” function is enabled on the computer, which is responsible for user notifications, similar to the top curtain on android or iOS.
- Find the notification button in the lower right corner.
- A panel will drop out, at the bottom of which the main settings will be located, including Bluetooth.
- Right click on bluetooth settings.
- In the drop-down menu, click “Go to Settings”.
- The further course of action is similar to the previous method starting from the 4th paragraph.
After that, you can use the headphones on your PC without any problems.
For Windows 7
On Windows 7, the process is not much different, but a brief description of the course of action will not be superfluous.
- The first steps are identical: open “Start”, start typing “bluetooth” into the search.
- Select “Bluetooth Kit” setting.
- In the window that opens, devices already synchronized with the computer will be shown. To add a new one, you need to find the “Add device” button in the top panel.
- In the window that opens, select headphones and click “Next” in the lower right corner of the window.
The connection will start, after which you can use the device.
Differences from AirDots Pro
The connection method for the Pro version of Airdots is different. They do not need to be removed from the case, but instead, the button on the side of the case should be pressed. You can connect to a PC after the indicator on the case starts flashing.
Connecting Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones to a computer or laptop
Technology and electronics from Xiaomi is one of the most popular in the world due to the ratio of price and quality. Xiaomi Redmi Air Dots wireless headphones are no exception. At a cost similar to budget wired models, they provide good sound quality, convenience and hold a charge for a long time. The only ambiguous point is the way to connect the headphones. Because of its entanglement, happy shoppers quickly lose their positive vibes and go online to make it work. This article explains how to connect Xiaomi AirDots to a computer.
What you need to connect to a computer
Wireless headphones require either a 2.4Ghz channel or a Bluetooth connection. Models with the first connection method are expensive, and usually these are full-size options, not walking plugs. Airdots are connected via Bluetooth, for which the equipment to which they need to be connected must have an appropriate module. It is available in all smartphones, tablets, laptops. In full-fledged home computers, Bluetooth is rarely installed and only in expensive models of motherboards.
A bluetooth adapter, a small device connected via USB, will help solve the problem. It can be inserted into the connector on the back of the PC so that it does not interfere.
AirDots won’t connect to computer
Something can go wrong at any stage. To increase the chances of a successful connection, you need to find out what exactly is causing the devices to fail to sync.
- If there is no section with Bluetooth in the settings, then it is worth checking whether the adapter is connected to the computer, whether it works or not.
- To make sure that the headphones are no longer connected to the phone, turning on the bluetooth will help. If they connect to it, then you need to “forget” them, as described above.
In the case when you cannot understand the reason for the connection failure, you can try resetting the headphones to factory settings:
- put the headphones in the case;
- get them out and hold until the red indicator lights up;
- hold down the keys again, wait until they start flashing red and white alternately, but do not let go;
- when the lights go out, and then light up again, release the buttons;
- put the headphones back in the case, wait 30 seconds.
Next, you need to make sure that the device is removed from all devices with which it was paired before the reset, and try to connect via Bluetooth again.
Connecting headphones from Xiaomi is more difficult than those of competitors. But if you follow all the steps, then there will be no special problems.