Surely the owners of the Xiaomi Redmi AirDots wireless headphones found themselves in a situation where the “ears” do not work? Or does it happen that only one of the pairs works? Do not worry, this problem can be solved.
What should I do if the Redmi AirDots does not connect the right or left earphone?
We give detailed instructions for action:
Step 1. Reset the Bluetooth connection to disconnect the headphones and smartphone. Clear your Xiaomi Redmi AirDots connection information from your mobile phone. Turn off the plugs themselves. To do this, press the physical button on each of them and hold it pressed for 5 seconds (the red LED will light) to enter the off mode.
Step 2 In the off mode on Air Dots, press the buttons again and hold for 10 seconds without removing your finger from the buttons. The red and white lights will turn on alternately, and then the indicator will turn off. Press the buttons all 10 seconds, because it is necessary that the red and white signals alternately light up each three times. After that, the connection status will be reset.
Step 3 Put the dots back in the charging case, and then remove them from the case. Wait 3 seconds until the “plugs” turn on automatically and connect. When the white signal slowly flashes on the right earphone, turn on the Bluetooth on your phone and start the search for “Redmi AirDots_R”.
You need to start pairing with a smartphone separately and without fail from the right dots. Airdots cannot automatically connect to the right left. This seems to be done on purpose so that you can use mono mode. To connect a stereo mode in which two headphones would function simultaneously, you must follow the steps above.
How to use Xiaomi Redmi AirDots in mono mode
Sometimes, for some reason, or simply of their own free will, the user wants to activate the mono mode. This implies that only one of the headphones will be connected to the phone.
Turning on mono mode is very simple:
Step 1. Remove the left dots from the case.
Step 2 Follow the procedure for pairing Redmi AirDots_L with your smartphone.
Step 3 Now your left dots is connected to the device, and you can use it regardless of the right.
It is important to remember the following:
If you activated mono mode, the headphones will be out of sync. In order for the stereo mode to work, you need to reset the “mono” connection, first get the right earphone out of the case, and make it connect to the smartphone first before the left one is connected. If you first get out and plug in the left earphone, Xiaomi Air Dots will not work simultaneously in pair, but only independently of one another.
How to solve the problem with connecting Redmi Air Dots to a smartphone
What should I do if I cannot connect a second earphone, even if you connected the first R-earphone? Basically, this problem occurs because the connection was not made correctly. In this case, confusion arises, and AirDots has to reconnect with the smartphone.
What to do if you encounter a problem when connecting two Redmi Airdots to a smartphone.
- Remove both dots from the case and turn them off. To do this, press the buttons on each of them so that the LED lights up in red.
- Long press to turn on both earphones. In this case, you should see that the red and white signal blinked twice. For this to happen, the physical button must be clamped for a few seconds. After the indicator (both on the right and on the left) lights up twice and goes out, the button can be released.
- Now put both back into the case.
- On your phone, open the Bluetooth settings and in the list of connected devices, find and delete the Redmi AirDots R and L entries (if you have already connected these headphones).
- Remove both dots from the case again and reconnect them to the smartphone. Rather, connect only Redmi Airdots R, and it will automatically pair with L.
Why can’t I connect both earphones to my smartphone?
Unfortunately, it happens that one of the headphones constantly loses the signal, turns off and the smartphone no longer sees it. Then you have to connect the pair again. This process does not always go smoothly, so it is not possible to connect both dots (stereo mode). There are 2 main reasons for this:
- The user first connected the Redmi Airdots L. to the smartphone.
- The procedure for connecting was incorrect, so manual reconfiguration is required, as described in the instructions above.