Windows 10 Printer Was Removed
Sometimes you have to deal with the need to solve the problem associated with how to remove the printer in windows 7 completely. A variety of problems can serve as source of the need for such an action. For example, a complete removal of printer drivers may be required if the device refuses to print (the operation cannot be completed), an error occurs or its driver is already very outdated and requires replacement with the current version. In any case, in order to correctly remove the printer from a computer running Windows 7, you should carefully read the following recommendation.
- To remove an MFP from the system and clear any mention of it, first open the section in the “Control Panel”, which displays a list of connected devices and printers. You can also get there using the Run program (Windows R), where you should drive the control printers command.
- Find the desired print device from the list of presented devices. Call its context menu. for this click on its icon with the right mouse button.
- From the list provided, find and click on the item that launches the delete function of this device. Thanks to this, you can erase the printer driver.
- Open the Run window again and drive the Services.msc command there to launch the Services add-in. You can also find this add-in through the “Control Panel” by going to the administration section. There you need to click on the service called “Print Manager” and right-click on it. In the drop-down list, click on the item responsible for restarting this service.
- The actions taken will restart the above service. A similar procedure is necessary for the printer driver to be removed normally.
- Now you will need to pay attention to the print server. Call the Run program again with the WindowsR keyboard shortcut and drive the printui / s / t2 command there. As a result of this action, a window opens with the properties of the print server.
- Locate and go to the tab where all the drivers are indicated, then find the option that applies to your printing device and, having selected it, click on the “Delete” button.
This is the main part of the actions aimed at solving the problem of how to completely remove the printer in Windows 7 ends. However, this is not all, because Using the above steps, by no means all traces of the presence of the printer on your computer are deleted. Therefore, you should proceed to the following steps:
- Open the add-in called “Print Management” by first opening the “Run” program window and entering the command “printmanagement.msc” there.
- In a new window, you should go to the “Custom Filters” section, and from there click on “All drivers”.
- As a result of the described manipulations, a list of drivers will appear on the left side of the add-in window responsible for printing management.
- Find your equipment among them and, by opening its context menu, click on the delete item.
We use the program removal panel
Now you need to remove all software applications that apply to your printer or multifunction device. To do this, you will need to use the standard tools of Windows 7 through the program removal panel. Find in the list of installed software everything that is connected with your device and delete it. It should be added that this method is not only suitable for Windows 7, because it can be used in windows 10, 8, and XP. In the latter version, the only difference is the name of the section for office equipment.
We clear “Program Files” and the registry
But before reinstalling the device or connecting a new printer to the PC, you should clear all the “garbage”. To do this, open the “Program Files” folder and delete from there all those folders that could be connected in one way or another with your office equipment. You will also need to clean the registry. To do this, open “Run” and type the command “regedit” in the only field of this program. In the window that appears, you should click on “Edit” and in the list that opens, click on the “Find” item. Enter the name of your printing device in the search field and click on “Find Next”. Everything that is connected with the printer will be highlighted by the program. In this case, you just have to deal with the deletion of all these items until a message appears that nothing suitable has been found.
Now you just have to restart your computer and, if necessary, install the latest working driver or perform some other actions that the old software interfered with.
What to do if the driver is not removed
But it happens that the Windows 7 printer is not removed. What to do in this situation? To do this, you can open the registry by running it using the “regedit” command, which you need to drive into the “Run” window. After that open the branch
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \
Control \ Print \ Environments \ Windows \ “and go to” Print Processors “. Everything you find there, be sure to rename it, for example, instead of winprint, enter winprint_old. After that, open the print manager and, having removed your device from it, stop the service. Then rename back and run this dispatcher again. Thanks to this action, you may be able to solve the problem of removing the printer driver.
If the described method does not help you, then follow these steps:
- Open the section with devices and printers under the administrator account. Find the desired device there and delete it.
- Go to “Administration” through the “Control Panel” and click on “Services”. Find the Print Manager service there and stop it.
- Open the registry as described above and go to the branch
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \
Control \ Print \ Environments \ Windows \ Drivers \ “.
- Find the driver that you cannot uninstall, and rename it.
- Start the print service again and remove the printer from there, as described in the first half of this article.