The maneuvers in reverse even yesterday’s driving school students hardly perform. The background to this is an erroneous perception of the rear dimensions of the vehicle. To compensate for this shortcoming, and to improve the technique of driving in tight places, many install parking sensors. However, the issue is often resolved in a different way.
Rear view using a wireless Wi-Fi rear view camera for a personal car: what’s what
There is a solution. a Wi-Fi rear view camera for a car mounted outside the car. The kit includes a capture device and Wireless Fidelity. The bundle works simply:
- the wireless module with the ignition on serves as a Wi-Fi signal distribution point;
- the gadget is connected to the wireless network;
- when reverse gear is activated, a picture of the situation at the back of the car is transmitted to the device connected to the Wi-Fi distribution point.
For reference. The role of the gadget can be played by both a GPS navigator and a smartphone or tablet running on Android or iOS.
It is worth noting that the wireless camera-gadget bundle works exclusively in digital format. There is no inherent wire bundle converting “numbers” to an analog signal and vice versa. This means that the image quality from a wireless camera is much higher than with a wired one. It should be emphasized that such an advantage of Wi-Fi shooting tools as universality of use. After all, such a wireless module can be used as:
- DVR, installing on Android / iOS application that allows you to record into the gadget’s memory;
- a device that complements the function of the intercom;
- observation center broadcasting the situation in the yard.
The technological process of installing a Wi-Fi camera on a car
The wireless generation device cannot be used offline. it must be installed.
Usually the camera is installed above the license plate frame. The installation procedure is as follows:
- Drill a hole in the tailgate (behind the license plate frame).
- Pass wires from the-fixing device through the previously made hole into the trunk.
- In the luggage compartment, connect the wire to the wireless module.
- Fix the Wi-Fi module and antenna.
- Connect the red wire (12 V) either to the ignition switch or directly to the battery.
- Connect black wiring to ground.
- Attach the yellow wire to the “” reverse lights.
Specialists who know how to install any Wi-Fi rear view camera in a car note one feature. Wireless Fidelity is not allowed to mount near metal. If you ignore this requirement, the metal will “shield” the signal that the dispensing unit generates.
Having mounted the base, you should proceed to the materiel. It consists in installing software on a working gadget and setting it up. For example, two programs are available for the top GlobusGPS GL-Wi1 device: a simple RFK Wi-Fi and advanced Sight Wi-Fi. It is worth noting that they can be installed on Android OS version 2.2 and higher. Apple gadgets are supported if iOS version is higher than 4.2.
So, having downloaded the factory software to the receiving device, you should check the operation of the equipment that captures the image behind the car. Experts recommend setting the gadget to automatically connect to the signal distribution point. Doing this is necessary so that when you turn on the reverse gear, the application for viewing the opens automatically. This option is activated in the program settings.