Wi-Fi Is Slow On Iphone
Iphone doesn’t catch WiFi well
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback only from interested professionals
- Do not waste time communicating with intermediaries
Many users are faced with the fact that the iPhone does not catch Wi-Fi poorly. Often, the ways to solve the problem are quite simple, you can eliminate the cause of the weak signal yourself. The main thing is to pay attention to the situation in a timely manner and determine the type of malfunction, as well as a way to eliminate it.
The most common causes of a weak Wi-Fi signal
Apple equipment is rightfully considered to be of very high quality, however, even new iPhones can fail. It is not a rare type of malfunction that the Internet is working slowly or the smartphone has become poorly caught.
The reasons why the iPhone has become worse to catch the network or does not see it at all can be quite varied:
- Incorrect router configuration
- Faulty Wi-Fi module
- Software failure
To determine the problem, check your wireless network settings and try to reboot your device.
Before trying to fix the problem, check your network settings and back up your data by connecting to mobile internet.
If you decide to fix problems with a weak Wi-Fi signal on your iPhone or a complete lack of access to a wireless network on your own, try the following steps in sequence:
- Check the settings of the router (access point at home)
- Reboot the router
- Hard reset your iPhone
- Select the settings for the wireless connection to your access point
- Turn on the wifi module and connect to the network
- Do a factory reset
- Disable location services for the wireless network
- Install the latest iPhone firmware
If the software update does not help, the smartphone has become worse to see the network far away or does not catch the network even at a short distance from the Wi-Fi antenna at home, the function of searching for wireless networks does not work, try rolling back the operating system to the previous firmware version.
When it becomes clear that the device does not catch the wireless network well due to the breakdown of internal elements (for example, a Wi-Fi module), it is necessary to replace the spare part. If you are unable to restore the device’s functionality on your own, entrust the maintenance of your smartphone to experienced specialists.
Signs of defective Wi-Fi on iPhone
If your device has a poor view of the wireless network or the Wi-Fi connection does not work completely, you will face a number of inconveniences.
The main signs that the iPhone does not catch Wi-Fi well are the following:
- A smartphone at a long distance began to catch the network poorly
- The gadget only catches the network at a short distance
- The device does not catch the network (the antenna does not see the network)
- Internet works intermittently
If you find one of the listed symptoms during device operation, you can try to fix the problem yourself.
Apple Professional Service
On the YouDo site, you can easily find a certified iPhone service technician. A qualified specialist will go to the specified address at a convenient time for you. The wizard will thoroughly diagnose the device, check if the network settings are correct and restore Wi-Fi to work.
It is beneficial to use the services of Yudu contractors to service Apple equipment for many reasons:
- Masters install only high-quality spare parts and original software
- Repair work is carried out using special equipment, which the specialist brings with him
- Iphone repair will be performed in your presence, so you can be sure of the safety of your personal information
- Experienced specialists maintain Apple equipment at a high professional level and provide a long-term warranty for all types of work performed
A qualified technician will quickly find out why the iPhone does not catch Wi-Fi poorly, and in a short time will eliminate the malfunction.
- Mechanical shocks to the chassis that tear off the WiFi communication board.
- Ingress of moisture, falling into water;
- Violations of command execution in the processor;
- Failure of the operating system;
- Short circuit of the Wi-Fi module or antenna;
- Prolonged use of the phone, especially in adverse conditions leading to wear and tear.
Replacing the wi-fi module on the Iphone
Despite the fact that since the iPhone 5s generation, the wi-fi module has been updated and fails much less often, breakdowns are still possible. The diagnostic procedure and the repair itself will take you not so much time, and you will be pleased with affordable prices. The reasons for the breakdown will be discussed below, as well as how the Wi-Fi is replaced in an iPhone.
There are general reasons to replace WiFi in iPhone:
- Wifi does not turn on;
- Network search is not performed;
- Unable to connect to any network;
- The iPhone connects to the network, but constantly drops the connection, or the Internet does not work, it works very slowly, etc.
First of all, diagnostics are needed. Sometimes the problem can be solved by simply rebooting the phone. After determining the reasons, they begin to repair the Wi-Fi in the iPhone. If the software is to blame, then the iOS is updated. If the problem occurs due to the failure of the board, then they resort to replacing the Wi-Fi module in the iPhone. Disassemble the phone, remove all components, then insert a new module.
It is important to note that any repair will not damage your data: all of them will be previously saved and then restored on your smartphone, as if there was no repair. All spare parts used to replace family members are obtained from official manufacturers. This negates the risks of phone failure again and auto-lock.
Replacing the wi-fi module on an iPhone in our service center
Our company has extensive experience in iphone repair, including wi fi module repair. There are service centers, as well as in Zelenograd and Klin. We have a courier service that will take and deliver the finished iPhone at a time and place convenient for you. The price of repairing WiFi iPhone is not higher than that of competitors, while we guarantee original, real parts used for repair and high-quality work of the refurbished iPhone.
Trust the professionals! Call us, we will be happy to answer all your questions.
The Wi-Fi button is gray and not active what happened to the iPhone?
Hello! We have already analyzed all possible problems (and their solution) associated with connecting an iPhone or iPad to Wi-Fi, here is a detailed instruction. But the fact is that in that article general problems were considered, and today I want to talk about one specific case. And this case, it should be noted, is very interesting.
So, recently I received a letter with a question of approximately the following content: Good day! My iPhone lost Wi-Fi connectivity this morning. The thing is that after going into the settings, I tried to turn on Wi-Fi, but nothing worked for me, the slider did not move. For some reason, it is shown in gray and cannot be activated. Please tell me what to do?
But really, there is some strange iOS glitch the Wi-Fi button is there, but it is not pressed. Or not a glitch? Let’s figure it out, let’s go!
In fact, the problem can be either software or hardware. And of course, first you need to exclude crashes in the iOS system. To do this, we perform the following actions:
Hard reboot is done differently for different models (details here).
- We reset the network settings. To do this, open Settings General Reset Reset network settings.
- If there is a jailbreak, then remove it. Since some of its tweaks can affect the performance of the Wi-Fi connection.
- Are you using beta firmware? Remember that you can still roll back from it to the usual one do this.
- Back up and restore the iPhone or iPad firmware via iTunes (use DFU mode to be sure). See if the Wi-Fi icon is activated on a completely clean (no your data) device.
Did you do all these manipulations, but the problem persists? Unfortunately, in this case, the gray color of the button most likely indicates a malfunction of the Wi-Fi module.
How to find out more precisely? Open Settings General About this device and look at the line Wi-Fi address.
- If instead of numbers we see N / A (Not Available), most likely the wireless module has died completely. Only replacement will help.
- If the numbers are still there, but Wi-Fi still does not turn on, then perhaps poor soldering is to blame and it will be enough to re-solder the module. It’s also unpleasant, but at least you won’t have to spend money on spare parts.
And what to do now how to do the right thing?
- Find out if your iPhone and iPad are still under warranty. If so, then feel free to include it in warranty repair, let them figure it out themselves.
- End of service? Unfortunately, replacing and soldering a module is not the easiest operation; it cannot be carried out at home, without special skills and equipment. Therefore, you need to visit the service center. But there is good news, the cost of such a procedure is not very high. Although everything is known by comparison.
And finally, I would like to note this moment.
I don’t know if you want to check this method or not, but you must remember about the disadvantages of such a solution:
- The effect lasts, as a rule, not for long, after a while the Wi-Fi connection icon will turn gray and inactive again.
- You can easily overheat (overcool) the device and break something else on the motherboard, display, all kinds of controllers, modules, etc.
Therefore, in my opinion, this manipulation is an extremely dubious decision.
Although, if you are going to throw out the device anyway (since you simply don’t need it with a disabled Wi-Fi button), then you can try. But only at your own peril and risk, because the consequences can be unpredictable. Again, visiting a service center will be much more correct.
The easiest, logical and fastest way to eliminate most temporary glitches when the device is running is restarting (turning off and on). It is enough just to hold down the Power button and hold it for several seconds until the Turn off slider appears and turn off the device. If the device freezes, you must hold down the Power and Home buttons for 10-15 seconds to force shutdown.
Usually, after turning it on, everything works fine and you just need to click on the Wi-Fi connection icon again.
2. Reset network settings
Do not forget that a general reset of all settings leads to the deletion of important IP address information, data on DNS servers, user logins and passwords, etc. Therefore, it will be quite logical to carry out only Reset network settings, this item is located along the path: Settings. Basic. Reset. Reset network settings.
Now that the network settings, among which there could be erroneous data, have been reset, in theory everything should work as normal. We connect to Wi-Fi and check, and if the problems continue, go to the next step of the instruction.
3. Data backup and recovery
Not all ordinary users understand the meaning of this function, many are even annoyed by the need to spend time and effort copying data. However, this technique was invented for a reason, and in some cases it is a real lifesaver in solving complex problems. Usually, the iCloud cloud service is used to store backups, but for a situation with a broken Wi-Fi, it is worth putting another copy in iTunes in advance.
Having two backups is preferable to one following the standard instructions, create one on iCloud and one on iTunes. Now, if something happens to the Wi-Fi settings, network connections or other system data, it is enough to simply restore the data from the saved array. The process is simple, but it takes some time, depending on the amount of information that is sent to the cloud and back.
A variation of this method is a complete reset of the smartphone settings, the device becomes identical to the one out of the box. Yes, this somewhat complicates the task of restoring all your information, however, if after such a procedure the Wi-Fi connection works fine and there is a backup copy in stock, there should be no problems. However, there is a possibility of creating a rare but unpleasant situation in which the glitch is directly related to the data inside the backup. That is, when you reset to the factory settings, Wi-Fi will work fine, but the entire amount of information will have to be restored manually, bit by bit you will just have to forget about the faulty copy.
Wi-Fi not working on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch? First aid
Usually, iPhone owners (with no signs of damage) have no complaints about cellular communication or Wi-Fi, but sometimes annoying incidents do occur. The problem manifests itself in different ways: in the form of a connection icon that has suddenly become gray and inactive, routing failures, incredibly slow data transfer speed.
And sometimes the phone simply cannot connect to any of the wireless networks operating in the district, although they are detected. There is no single reason for these failures, often problems arise completely spontaneously and this has nothing to do with either the iPhone model or the iOS version. In the vast majority of cases, everything is solved by an elementary reboot or reset of the network settings.
True, it is likely that the reason is a hardware problem, in this case, contact any reputable Apple service center for help. However, you should not get upset and give up in advance, fortunately, there is an instruction for providing first aid to a flabby Wi-Fi. What if you’re lucky.
4. Is the Wi-Fi problem still not resolved? Reboot the router
Sometimes the source of glitches is not a smartphone, but a Wi-Fi router, a third-party device with its own firmware, which also has bugs. You can try to solve the problem by simply rebooting it, by turning off / on the power. If the connection is established, but the data transfer rate is suspiciously low, it makes sense to tinker with the settings of the DNS servers. True, this is a malfunction of the network equipment, and not of a smartphone or tablet, so the system administrator must deal with it.
If other devices connect to the Wi-Fi router without problems, and a specific iPhone or iPad is still junk, it’s time, unfortunately, to contact the service center.
Wifi not working on iPhone
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback only from interested professionals
- Do not waste time communicating with intermediaries
If Wi-Fi does not work on your iPhone, do not rush to take your device to a service center. First, try to fix the problem yourself. As soon as there is a problem with the wireless network connection, please reboot the device and reset the settings. There are also other ways to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi problem, which depend on the cause of the problem.
How to repair a gadget after disassembling it
If smartphone functions work poorly or did not recover at all, disassemble the device using special tools and try to determine what the problem is.
To disassemble Apple smartphones, two screwdrivers are usually enough (a regular Phillips screwdriver and a specialized one for smartphones). Having prepared the tools, follow these steps in stages:
- Unscrew the fasteners and remove the iPhone front cover
- Find the Wi-Fi module (1 by 1 cm square, covered with a thin film)
- Gently peel off the protective cover using tweezers
- Slowly, at an angle of 90 degrees, start heating the module with a hairdryer, gently directing hot air to the board
- Evenly drive the hairdryer around the perimeter of the Wi-Fi module
- After heating the board, press it to the contacts, fix the square with a small piece of cardboard
- Wait for the components to cool completely and turn on the iPhone
After such actions, Wi-Fi usually begins to function stably, but there were situations in which smartphone owners discovered additional malfunctions.
Such a nuisance can happen with any iPhone model, therefore, if Wi-Fi does not work, and you do not know what exactly the problem is (in a software failure, in a module, power and volume buttons or other hardware elements), you doubt the successful completion of an independent repair, use the services of qualified specialists.
The main causes of the malfunction
If you surf the Internet often, the quality of wireless network reception is very important. Therefore, when Wi-Fi stops working in iPhone (does not catch the network, freezes or works with poor speed), this can become a very unpleasant problem. You can try to restore the device yourself or use the help of experienced specialists.
There are such reasons why Wi-Fi may stop working on iPhone:
- Hardware failure
- Software glitch
- Random reset
- Mechanical damage to the device
- Moisture penetration into the smartphone
Software glitches and failed network settings can be easily fixed by yourself.
What to do if Wi-Fi does not turn on due to hardware failure
The hardware malfunction is not related to OS firmware or malware. This problem is quite unpleasant. Improperly performed repairs can affect not only the operation of Wi-Fi, but also other functions of the iPhone smartphone.
On the Internet, you can find the following methods for self-restoring the hardware of Wi-Fi:
- Warm up the switched on iPhone with a hairdryer at the maximum power level if a warning about an extremely high temperature level appears on the smartphone screen, immediately stop heating and reboot the device
- If Wi-Fi still does not work, try putting iPhone in the refrigerator for no more than 15 minutes, then restart your smartphone
These methods are quite simple, but they are not always suitable, so if you are not sure of the correct actions, it is better not to do anything until you disassemble the device.
What to do if Wi-Fi does not turn on due to a software failure
It happens that Wi-Fi freezes and does not function well due to system errors. This is often caused by a software failure after updating the operating system. However, there are other software reasons due to which the Wi-Fi does not work very quickly or does not turn on at all.
If your iPhone stops functioning properly, does not work well or does not turn on Wi-Fi at all, the button does not turn on, the icon is grayed out, or you find other signs of malfunction, try the following:
- Reboot the router
- If restarting the router did not help, make a forced reboot of the mobile device
- If Wi-Fi does not work or freezes, update the operating system
- Install antivirus, maybe the iPhone is infected
- Try to connect mobile internet
If the steps performed did not help, and the Wi-Fi in the Apple mobile phone did not work, the problem is most likely in the hardware. The reasons for such breakdowns are quite diverse, ranging from breaking contacts with the motherboard and failure of the power button loop, and ending with a module breakdown.
Signs of wi-fi malfunction
It is quite easy to understand that there are problems in the work of Wi-Fi. If the Wi-Fi is not functioning very quickly, it is possible that the problem is not in the smartphone, but in the router. Therefore, first check if the router settings are correct.
The following symptoms indicate a Wi-Fi malfunction:
- The device does not catch the network
- Smartphone does not connect to hotspot
- Wi-Fi icon is gray
- Wi-Fi freezes after a short period of time
- Mobile internet button does not turn on, Wi-Fi connection
- The internet is not working well (low speed)
- Lost network settings
Of course, Apple technology goes through rigorous production testing, but some users notice that even the new iPhone does not catch Wi-Fi. Fixing a software glitch is much easier than fixing a hardware problem with Wi-Fi not working on an iPhone. In any case, the troubleshooting method depends on the type and complexity of the breakdown.
Reconnect to Wi-Fi network
Also, quite often, a banal reconnection to the network helps to solve the problem with a poor iPhone Wi-Fi connection. For this:
Step 1. Go to the Settings menu → Wi-Fi.
Step 2. Choose a wireless network that is slow.
Step 3. Click Forget This Network.
Step 4. Search for wireless networks and connect to the network you just deleted.
Note that after the reset, the Wi-Fi network password will need to be entered again.
Set a different channel for broadcasting the Wi-Fi network
This method is especially helpful for people who live in apartment buildings, literally teeming with Wi-Fi networks. The vast majority of networks operate at standard settings, broadcasting on the same channel. Setting up a different Wi-Fi network broadcast channel makes it possible to significantly speed up the connection.
However, you will have to find the option to select the broadcast channel in the settings of your router yourself. The fact is that the interfaces for managing routers have a different appearance, which is why, alas, we cannot give the exact location of the necessary settings. Note that most often the option to change the Wi-Fi channel is available in the advanced connection settings.
Reset network settings
One of the most powerful ways to fix poor Wi-Fi connection on iPhone is to reset your device’s network settings. It is performed as follows:
Step 1. Go to the Settings menu → The main → Reset.
Step 2. Click Reset Network Settings.
Step 3. Confirm the operation.
After the network settings have been reset successfully, you can check if the iPhone is faster on your Wi-Fi network.
Perform a forced reboot
To start looking for a solution to the problem with poor Wi-Fi reception on the iPhone, you should start with the easiest way to perform a forced reboot. It helps to clear the iOS software errors that have occurred, including even those that at first glance are related to hardware. In order to force restart the iPhone, you need to hold down the Power and Home buttons (the volume down button on the iPhone 7/7 Plus) and hold them until the Apple logo appears on the screen. After turning on the device, you should check the correct operation of Wi-Fi.
Poorly catching Wi-Fi on iPhone what to do
Poorly catching Wi-Fi on your iPhone? Iphone constantly disconnects from Wi-Fi and resumes working only after a while? Has Wi-Fi speed dropped noticeably on your iPhone and isn’t bouncing back? If you encounter any of these problems, this guide will definitely help.
Use an alternate DNS server
The next way from the category of non-standard. In the connection settings, you must specify an alternative fast DNS server, for example, from Google. This will allow the connection to work faster on your specific device.
Step 1. Go to the Settings menu → Wi-Fi.
Step 2. Press i next to your connection.
Step 3. In the DNS column, enter one of the following DNS servers:
- Google 126.96.36.199.
- Google 188.8.131.52.
- Opendns 184.108.40.206.
- Opendns 220.127.116.11.
After that, exit the connection settings and check if its speed has increased.
How to understand that the problem of a weak and bad signal in the router, and not in the phone
On iPhone 6, a weak or no Wi-Fi signal may be due to a problem with the router. To determine this, it is worth checking the operation of the router. If the smartphone does not see only the home network, but shows other access points in the house / apartment or other places, then the router is configured incorrectly. When a dot on the phone appears on the device at different intervals and then disappears, it means that insufficient transmitter power is set on the router’s antenna. If no gadget connects to your home access point, but there is a stable connection to a neighboring router, and changing the router settings did not lead to anything, then the router is out of order and needs to be returned for repair.
Reconnecting to different Wi-Fi and GPS points
This method quite often helps when iPhone 6 is not catching WiFi and GPS is not working. All you need to do is reconnect to the selected Wi-Fi point or find another with open access. Step-by-step instruction:
- Go to Settings menu → Wi-Fi.
- Choose a poorly performing wireless network.
- Click on the Forget this Network line.
- Enable search for wireless networks and connect to a previously forgotten Network or to a new one. Check if Wi-Fi performance has changed for the better.
Restart your phone
The easiest way to help you instantly reset some iOS software errors that break the normal functionality of your device. Instructions:
To restart the iPhone6 / 6s plus, you need to hold down the Power and Home keys. They must be held for 10 seconds. Then the smartphone will reboot, the Apple logo will appear on the display.
- After the reboot is complete, the user will see the desktop of their gadget. Now you should check if Wi-Fi is working properly.
Resetting network settings on your phone
This method is one of the most effective. It will help solve the problem of poor Wi-Fi connection on iPhone. To reset the Network settings, follow these steps:
- Select Basic.
- Go to the Reset section.
- Click the Reset network settings button.
- Confirm operation.
After successfully performing a network reset, you can test the Wi-Fi operation on your smartphone.
How to fix the problem with no and interrupted Wi-Fi and GPS on iPhone 6
Before fixing the problem, you should check for faults in the router yourself. This is not difficult to do. You need to observe the operation of other devices when connected to the Wi-Fi network. If you find that your Internet transfer speed is excellent, then the problem is with the iPhone.
Signs of an interrupted or no Wi-Fi signal on iPhone 6
Apple device users can get into an unpleasant situation if their iPhone does not catch Wi-Fi well or there is no signal at all. Before you try to solve this problem yourself or seek help from an appropriate specialist, you must pay attention to the following signs, which include:
- Connection to the Network only at a short distance;
- No active networks to connect;
- Constant interruption and restart of the Internet in the device.
This all suggests that WiFi is not working well on iPhone 6. The problem often lies in iOS software errors that have occurred. The mobile gadget may fall or be physically damaged, which causes the antenna to suffer. This degrades the Internet signal reception and Wi-Fi performance. As a result of a fall, damage to the microcircuits of the mobile device may still occur, which will affect the operation of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.