Why iPhone doesn’t share the Internet
Many iPhone and iPad users have faced a problem. the device has stopped distributing the Internet to other devices via Wi-Fi. Below is an instruction on how to fix it.
This problem appeared in users who have updated to iOS 13 or higher.
Let’s take a laptop with Windows 7 and iPhone XS as an example. As you can see in the photo below, the connection of the laptop to the phone via Wi-Fi was successful and there is Internet access.
All the recommendations described in the article on the official website do not lead to a positive result. The Internet is also absent, the iPhone does not distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi. But first, be sure to check and follow the steps that this article recommends.
To eliminate this problem, we do the following, step by step:
We go to the Network and Sharing Center (see How to open the Windows 10 and 7 Network and Sharing Center), select the desired Wireless Network Connection and get into the “Status. Wireless Network Connection” window.
Or in the current connections, on the network connection we need, right-click and select the “Status” item.
Fix an iPhone that’s connected to WiFi but no Internet access after iOS 13.3 update
We also get into the “Status. Wireless Network Connection” window. Click on the “Properties” button.
Then, in the next window, left-click the line “Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” and click “Properties”.
Next, you get to the window where you see that the IP parameters are assigned automatically, by default.
In this window, we need to manually assign:
- IP address: in the range from 172.20.10.2 to 172.20.10.14
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.240
- Router: 172.20.10.1
- DNS servers: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- and click OK
These settings will immediately take effect and after that everything should work for you right away. Internet should appear on a laptop or other device.
What’s the most interesting thing. If you go back to the properties of “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)”. return both checkboxes back (get the IP address and DNS server automatically), click OK and then Close. Then for many, like us, the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi from the iPhone will continue and will continue to work, as if nothing had happened !
And there is another situation. you assign the IP address and DNS servers manually, as described above, and after that, for many, nothing happens. the Internet is also missing. But one has only, then, set the checkboxes back (get the IP address automatically, get the DNS server address automatically), the Internet immediately appears on the receiving device.
Check after each step to see if the problem is resolved.
- Make sure the tethering setting is enabled in the Settings tethering section. If you cannot find or enable the “Modem mode” setting, check if your mobile operator supports this mode and if it is included in your tariff plan.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad in tethering mode and the device you want to connect to it.
- Make sure you are using the latest iOS version.
- On an iPhone or iPad using tethering, select Settings General Reset and click Reset Network Settings.
If you still need help, use the instructions below for help using Wi-Fi, USB, or Bluetooth tethering.
If you cannot connect to the device in tethering mode via USB
To avoid additional data charges, turn off the Tethering feature when you don’t need it. If this is not done, then every time an iOS device with an active “Tethering” function is connected to a computer for charging, this computer will use this function.
Follow these steps on a Mac or Windows PC.
Connecting to a device in modem mode via Bluetooth
- On a Mac computer, click in the menu bar. Select your iOS device that is in tethering mode, then select Connect to Network. You can confirm the establishment of the connection in the “System settings” “Network”. If the connection fails, go to the next section.
- On a Windows PC, click in the notification area and select Join Personal Area Network (PAN). Right-click the device name, point to Connect Via, and select Access Point. If you still can’t connect, go to the next section.
Auto connect problem
If you have connected your device to a Wi-Fi network once, then ideally in the future it will automatically connect to it. If it doesn‘t and you need to connect manually, check the Auto-connect option. To do this, go to the Wi-Fi settings and the name of the network and make sure that the Auto connect option is enabled.
IOS has a Wi-Fi Assist feature that provides a more reliable internet connection. Some users claim that disabling and enabling the feature can help solve network problems. To turn off Wi-Fi Assist, go to Settings. Cellular, flick down the screen and tap the switch next to Wi-Fi Help.
If you cannot connect to the device in tethering mode via Wi-Fi
On the device operating in tethering mode, select Settings> Tethering mode and follow these steps:
- Make sure Tethering is enabled.
- Remember the name and password of the Wi-Fi network used by the device displayed on this screen. If you want to change the name of your Wi-Fi network, learn how to change the name of your device.
- Stay on this screen until the other device connects to Wi-Fi.
On the device that you want to connect to the device in modem mode, do the following:
- Turn Wi-Fi off and back on.
- Make sure you are connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network. The network name matches the name of the iOS device operating in tethering mode, and next to it we can display.
- If you get an incorrect password when you try to connect using the Tethering function, check the Wi-Fi password. To do this, on the device operating in modem mode, select “Settings” “Modem mode”.
The most popular and frequently used option for sharing traffic is to create a Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone. The algorithm how to distribute the Internet from an Honor and Huawei phone is given below.
- Turn on mobile data transfer through shutter shift or settings.
- Go to the item “Wireless networks”.
- Click on the line “Modem mode”.
- Next, we need the “Access Point” tool.
- By clicking on it, the settings graph appears.
- If you are connecting for the first time, you will have to enter several items for security settings.
- Specify the name of the network that other users will see, as the name of the wi-fay.
- Next, choose whether there will be a cipher. If so, set it to WPA2 PSK mode. This is the default setting for this type of connection.
- Enter your password if required. It is better not to use classic collections like “12345678” or “00000000” in it. Also, do not use personal information, phone number or name. Come up with a reliable combination that scammers can’t hack.
- Exit the settings and use.
Why the smartphone does not distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi?
If you have any questions or complaints. please let us know
How to distribute the Internet from Huawei and Honor phones: setting up an access point
How to distribute the Internet from Huawei and Honor, and is it even possible? Yes, it is possible. But few users know the correct algorithm of actions. There are several options for distribution: built-in functionality, modem and third-party programs. They all have a different algorithm of work, which we will acquaint you with in a detailed step-by-step instruction.
Share via USB to computer
This requires a cable that connects the smartphone and PC. After connecting, follow the instructions:
- swipe the curtain from top to bottom;
- select the type of connection “File transfer”;
- then go back to the modem control mode on the phone, and select the “USB” option there.
Now you have the opportunity to transfer traffic to your computer or laptop. Just find your phone there among the available points and connect.
What is hotspot in Huawei and Honor phone
Huawei and Honor hotspot is the ability to broadcast Internet access from your phone to other devices. The need for this arises when your friends or colleagues do not have the opportunity to connect to Wi-Fi and access the Internet. Then you can share your mobile network with them. Fee depends on your mobile operator.
- If you have unlimited Internet use within the tariff, then most likely you will have to pay extra for using the distribution tool. How much it costs you need to check with the operator, are different for everyone.
- If traffic is limited, then fees for such services are usually not charged.
We emphasize that it is possible to distribute the network only if your phone uses mobile traffic. Wi-Fi action will not work.
- via Bluetooth;
- via Wi-Fi;
- limited access (limit data).
The second window offers to set how much traffic you are ready to give for use by another device. This is convenient, because this way you can avoid overspending. There is no such monitoring function in the built-in parameters.
Setting up Internet connection on iPhone
We all use the Internet. Over the past ten years, people have become so accustomed to the World Wide Web that they can no longer live without it. After all, even the iPhone can only be fully used if there is a network connection. Social networks, useful games, news and videos. for all this, you often need an Internet connection.
But, having taken a brand new iPhone out of the box, the owner of the apple device will be upset. After all, by default, the Internet is not connected on the iPhone. Or in another situation: the network does not work due to a firmware update or some other failure in the system. In this article, we will analyze how to set up Internet on iPhone.
How do you connect your device to the Internet? There are 3 main methods. The first method is to connect the device using a SIM card, mobile Internet 2g, 3, 4g (LTE). The second is via a Wi-Fi router. The third, and last, connection of the iPhone to the grid via a stationary computer or laptop with a built-in Wi-Fi module. All these methods are different, but they have the same essence, connect your apple smartphone to the kingdom of endless possibilities.
This method allows you to connect your iPhone to the World Wide Web via Wi-Fi using a router.
- Go to Settings and select Wi-Fi.
- Move the slider.
- After a few seconds, the iPhone finds available Wi-Fi hotspots.
- We select your network, click on it.
- Enter the password, click Connect.
If after that the connection does not work, then check the Internet on the computer. Alternatively, your ISP or the router itself may be to blame (perhaps you just need to turn it on).
How to turn off internet on iPhone
If you chose the first reception, then you should also go to the settings and switch the slider of the cellular data settings to inactive mode. If this was the second or third way to connect via Wi-Fi, then just turn off Wi-Fi. Starting with iOS 7, slide your finger upward across the entire screen. A menu will open where you can click on the Wi-Fi icon so that it is off. Keep in mind that as long as the Internet connection is working, the battery will be consumed much faster.
We hope that thanks to this article, anyone can set up an Internet with incredible ease. After that, you can plunge into the world wide web with your head. Also watch the video:
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
We set up the Internet using the iPhone itself. To do this, you need to have a SIM card installed in the iPhone, otherwise you will not be able to connect the gadget to the grid. We insert the SIM-ku. Following actions:
- Go to Settings.
- Choosing Cellular.
- Find the item Cellular Data.
- Switch the slider to active mode to turn on the Internet.
Next, we check if the Internet is working. We go into any application or browser where you need to connect to the grid.
A little advice: choose a tariff with an unlimited Internet connection, as this is the best option so that you do not receive huge bills, because mobile traffic is not cheap. If you are an active internet user, then this is the best choice.
What if there is no network connection? You need to check the following:
- Is the SIM card working, see if there are antenna divisions.
- Check balance. If your internet connection is not unlimited, you may simply not have enough funds to connect.
- Check cellular data settings (Usually they are set automatically. As soon as the SIM card is activated, the settings are sent in the form of SMS and saved to the iPhone)
If for some reason your cellular data settings have not been saved or lost, then we configure them manually, for this you need to:
- Find out the necessary data from the operator via SMS or by phone (These services are free).
- Go to the Settings app.
- Select Cellular.
- Next, go to the Cellular data network.
- Enter the data transmitted by the operator.
If possible, if the operator supports LTE (4g) connection, enter the data in the LTE fields. We enter all the data in the appropriate fields. If you are going to use your iPhone as a modem for your computer, then enter the settings for Modem Mode. How to make a modem out of your iPhone and distribute Wi-Fi from it, read another article.
Problems connecting to mobile internet on iPhone
Wi-Fi is available, but no internet connection
Many users confuse the definition of Wi-Fi and the Internet. Therefore, most often they still manage to distribute the WI-FI network, but there is no Internet on the end device. In this case, most likely the mobile operator simply blocks the distribution. As far as I remember, only Megafon does not do this yet. Therefore, if you also have a blocking, see our instructions for individual operators:
Reboot and Reconnect Correctly
Oddly enough, it helps most often. Just reboot both the phone and the second device to which you are distributing the Internet. After that, let’s go through the distribution steps again. perhaps you are doing it wrong.
- Now click on “Network and Internet“;
- Click on “Access Point and Modem”. your section may have a different name, but you must grasp the meaning.
- Turn on the slider. After that, the network will begin to be heard. Click also on “Configure Wi-Fi hotspot”;
- Enter a simple network name to check. Now we will try two connection methods: with and without protection. The fact is that some devices refuse to connect to a cut if the access point does not have protection and a password. Therefore, first we install the protection and enter the password. Check the box “Show password” so you can see what you enter. One more point: the “WI-FI frequency range” should be 2.4 GHz. this is the most common frequency. Some devices do not support 5 GHz.
If the end device will not connect, then set a simple password of the type: 1234. perhaps there is some kind of failure when entering a more complex password with letters. If this does not help, then try to remove the password altogether and reconnect.
Wi-Fi hotspot won’t turn on or work on Android phone
Hello everyone! In the article, I will try to answer the question as quickly and concisely as possible. why the phone does not distribute Wi-Fi. We will also try to solve this problem. In particular, this problem is very rare, but it happens on older phones. The Wi-Fi module that is installed inside must support the function of building a wireless network. This function may not be supported on older smartphones.
Phones purchased since 2014 almost all support this feature. In this case, if you have a new phone, but the access point does not turn on or does not work, it may mean a hardware or software problem. Next, I will give a few actions that should be done right away. The instructions are suitable for all phones, tablets based on the Android operating system.
NOTE! If you still have questions at the end of the article or you can supplement the article and answer the question: why distribution from an Android phone does not turn on. write about it in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
And so, the previous methods did not work for us. what to do next. Usually, for many, the phone is clogged with all kinds of junk, which simply interferes with the operation of the system. This is especially true for all kinds of applications. Therefore, take and clean your phone from extraneous and strange programs. This is especially true for those applications that you downloaded not from Google Play. Restart your mobile phone again, then try to share Wi-Fi again.
If this did not help, then we do the following:
- Also go to “Settings”;
- Next, go to “System”. Here you need to update your operating system to the new version. After that, check again if the problem has already been resolved.
- If the OS update did not give anything. in the “System” section go to “Reset settings”;
- First, reset your Wi-Fi, Internet and Bluetooth settings. Trying again;
- Then try to reset the application. again we try to distribute the Internet;
- If all else fails, you will need to reset the phone to the factory configuration. Before doing this, back up the necessary data.
Time is set incorrectly
The first thing to check on an iPhone that doesn‘t pick up a GSM signal is the date / time settings. If the settings are incorrect, you should set the correct ones manually. This is done like this:
Follow the path “Settings”. “General”. “Date and time”.
Find out the exact time in your time zone. To do this, you can use, for example, the Yandex. Time”.
Scrolling the reels, set the correct date, hour and minute.
Restart iPhone and check network.
If you have Wi-Fi access, you can avoid manually setting the time. In the subsection “Date and Time” there is a slider “Automatic”. After activating it, the iPhone independently determines the time in the set time zone. but only if the gadget is connected to the Internet.
Your humble servant prefers not to use the automatic time setting, because his iPhone “counts” one hour more than it should be.
Problems with the settings of the cellular operator
If the time is set correctly, but the iPhone still does not catch the network, you can suspect that the settings of the cellular operator are lost. A set of such measures will help to solve this problem (each subsequent step must be performed only if the previous one did not work):
Turn airplane mode on and off. The corresponding slider is located at the very beginning of the “Settings” menu.
In the “Settings” go to the “Operator” section and deactivate the “Automatic” toggle switch.
Check if the cellular data settings are correct (APN, username, password). Follow the path “Settings”. “Cellular”. “Cellular data network”. The block “Cellular data” contains the necessary details.
You can find the correct parameters for the top 3 carriers in our article on how to set up Internet on iPhone. In case of mismatch, change the cellular data settings on the “apple” gadget manually. Remember to restart your device after changing the settings.
Why iPhone won’t catch the network: the main reasons
If your iPhone doesn‘t pick up the network, you shouldn’t immediately panic and look for a suitable service center. Perhaps the problem isn’t worth a damn. What can cause the loss of the GSM signal on the “apple device”?
It is not a pleasant situation to be “on hand” with an iPhone that does not catch the network, on a trip or on a business trip. The boss will be annoyed that his employee is unavailable and did not submit a timely report, relatives will be worn out with anxiety, potential clients will be off the hook. Even calling for help or a taxi if something happened to the car would be impossible. It should be admitted that modern people are heavily dependent on the GSM signal.
Fortunately, in most situations, you can fix the problem of a weak network on an iPhone by yourself and rather quickly. In the article we will tell you about the common reasons why the “apple” gadget does not catch the network well, and how to fix the situation.
The ineffectiveness of the above measures tells the user that the problem may be in the software. For the gadget to work correctly, the latest system updates are required. To check if there are available updates, the user needs to follow the path “Settings”. “General”. “Software update”.
iPhone Personal Hotspot NOT CONNECTING Problem Fix
If, as a result of the verification, the iPhone finds newer software than is installed on the device, the user should download it. If there is nowhere to update further, you need to refer to the procedure for flashing the gadget. This procedure is simple and does not require contacting the service center. any user will be able to perform it with his own hand. To help a newbie, our article on flashing iPhone.
SIM card damaged
Mechanical damage to the SIM card or its incorrect cutting cannot be the reasons why there is no network on the iPhone. If the card is defective, the SIM gadget will not recognize it at all. This is a completely different problem, the possible solutions to which we suggested in the article “Why the iPhone does not see the SIM card”.
However, a user suffering from a lack of network on a smartphone should still have a visual inspection of the SIM card. If there is dirt on the contacts, you need to carefully remove it. Even the fact that the user removed the SIM card and installed it back into the slot can help return the normal GSM signal.
If the owner of the iPhone has suspicions that the gadget does not catch the network well because of the SIM card, he should contact the service office with a passport and replace the SIM. This procedure is free and takes only a couple of minutes.
Problems on the provider side
If rebooting doesn‘t help, the next thing to do is to find out if there is any restriction from your ISP. It is likely that somewhere on the server there was an accident, the trunk cable was damaged, unplanned maintenance work is being carried out, and you will dig into the settings and wonder why the router does not distribute Wi-Fi. Dial the technical service number of your provider and make sure that the problem is not on their side, and only then look for the source of the problem in yourself.
The router does not distribute Wi-Fi, although there is Internet. what to do?
A Wi-Fi router is a useful device that relieves the user of the need to literally be tied to the Internet with a wire. According to numerous experiments, the signal range of a router with an average power reaches 100 meters indoors, and 300 meters outdoors. Once configured, a wireless router does not need any additional maintenance, is as easy to use as possible, but, like any technical device, it is not immune from failures and breakdowns.
Examples when a properly configured router does not distribute Wi-Fi are not so uncommon. In this case, the network status, depending on the nature of the problem, may be “No Internet access” or “Restricted”, although such a scenario is not excluded when the network is detected by the system, but there is no actual connection or there is a large traffic loss. In this article we will try to figure out why the router does not distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi, and at the same time see what can be done in this or that case.
At the next stage, we check the health of the equipment. cables and a router. If the power light is off, the wire or power supply may be damaged. We check the condition of the cables in the house (apartment) and outside it, see if the plugs fit tightly in the sockets. Many modern routers have hardware power on / off and Wi-Fi distribution buttons.
It often happens that someone from home took the router in hand and accidentally pressed one of these buttons. This point also needs to be checked. The wireless indicator deserves special attention. If the Wi-Fi icon on the router is off, this may indicate several problems.
- Breakdown in the distribution system. You yourself will not do anything here, you need to call the master.
- Failure in the router software. Eliminated by rebooting, correcting or resetting the settings, in extreme cases by flashing.
- Disabled Wi-Fi sharing button. In this case, the router does not distribute Wi-Fi, but the Internet is there and you can connect to it through the router via cable. If the cable connection is possible only directly, without a router, this may indicate both a breakdown of the device and a failure of its settings.
Temporary failure of the router
If the router works day and night long, it may fail sooner or later, so the very first thing to do if the router stops distributing the Internet is to turn it off, wait a few minutes, and then turn it back on.
Rebooting the router can also help the device (computer or tablet) detect the network if it is suddenly not detected when the device is turned on. This problem is often encountered by users of devices connected to one or another wireless network.
Incorrect Wi-Fi settings
Incorrect router settings are most often indicated by a lit but not blinking Wi-Fi indicator, as well as a change in its color from green to orange or red. Correctly configuring the network parameters is now being resolved. This procedure is slightly different for different router models, although the principles are the same. If you have never set up routers before, it is best to entrust this business to a wizard called at home, you can at least check if the wireless network is enabled in the device settings.
To enter the settings of the router, connect it to the PC via a cable, go to any browser at 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1 and log in with your username / password (admin / admin by default). In TP-Link routers, for example, you need to go to the “Wireless” section and check if the “Enable Wireless Router Radio” checkbox is checked. The “Enable SSID Broadcast” checkbox must also be checked, otherwise the devices will not be able to see the network. In other models, the setting may be in a different place (look for the Wireless network or WLAN section).
A very interesting case is when a laptop sees the network, but a smartphone or tablet does not. It turns out that the router does not distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi only for mobile devices. This problem is sometimes encountered by the owners of smartphones and tablets brought from the United States. The reason for this is the discrepancy between the channel selected in the router settings and the settings specified in the firmware of the mobile device. The problem is usually solved by manual selection of the channel, 1st or 6th.
Incorrect network adapter settings
If Wi-Fi does not work on the router, this does not always have to mean that the problem is hidden in the router. It is possible that the settings on the receiving device. a computer, laptop or tablet. have gone wrong; in any case, it will not hurt to check the configuration of the wireless adapter. Open the network connections with the ncpa.cpl command, go to the properties of your wireless network, in the list of parameters on the “Network” tab, find the item IP version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and double-click on it.
In the properties window that opens, set the acquisition of the IP address and DNS server address in automatic mode. If the automation has already been set, try manually setting the DNS address 126.96.36.199 (Google) or 188.8.131.52 (Yandex). You can also set the address of any other alternative DNS server, which is not difficult to find on the Internet.
So, now you know what to do if the router is not distributing Wi-Fi. You can share your Wi-Fi sharing troubleshooting experience using the comment form below.