Shockproof safety glass is an airbag for your smartphone. Even smartphones with a high degree of protection, the display remains a vulnerable part. Scratches, greasy prints, cracks and smudges. you will forget about it if you choose the right accessory. How to do it? Focus on the rules described in the article!
Rule number 1. We understand the issue
The hardness of a standard protective film is 3-5 N, which is 2-3 times less than that of a protective glass. Safety glass protects the smartphone better from mechanical damage. Some commercials show that a smartphone with a protective glass is beaten with a hammer, and it remains intact. This is a marketing move, and even an armor-piercing cover will not help to avoid such damage, however, the protective glass will save from scratches and drops.
High-quality protective glass is made on the basis of 5 layers:
- Silicone base. Reliably fixes glass on the screen.
- Restraining. If the screen breaks, it will not fall apart, and the crack will not go too far.
- Anti-glare. In the sun, the colors will remain bright, and the image will not fade.
- Protective. Protects the display from scratches and chips.
- Oleophobic. Repels grease and moisture, makes it easier to care for your phone.
High-quality protective glass performs 4 more functions, in addition to protection. Be guided by such a composition when choosing.
Rule number 2. doesn’t mean better
Manufacturers are doing everything to lure the buyer: they offer models with high rigidity, glossy and matte, declare “super” characteristics. The user buys on advertising and acquires a protective glass, which is more advertised than useful. Do not pay attention to advertising! Focus on 2 basic features:
- The thickness of the base layer.
- Strength indicator.
The thickness must be balanced in order to keep the protective glass flexible, but provide good protection. The optimal value is 0.2-0.35 mm. An accessory with a smaller thickness tolerates frontal impacts worse, with a larger one. side impacts.
Note! Thickness does not affect scratch and grease resistance.
It is better to prefer strength, varying within 9 N. A smaller one will not provide the necessary level of protection when the smartphone falls flat or on the end. Strength higher than 9 N will make the glass less elastic, which will increase the likelihood of fracture during side impacts. With strong frontal impacts, glass with such strength will save the smartphone, but when loaded on the ends, it will crack and deform with the display.
Rule number 3. Choose your head
Some sellers try to cheat and sell an accessory that does not suit the owner of a particular model. Therefore, before buying it is worth remembering 3 rules:
- Safety glass is made for a specific model or series of smartphones, if the display sizes are the same. This takes into account the location of elements like a speaker, camera, and other design differences. The accessory must not be cut, cut and sharpened!
- Strength must be prescribed on the package, its value was discussed above.
- The thickness is selected depending on the conditions of use of the smartphone. For everyday situations, the average value is suitable. expensive and thicker options are needed for extreme conditions.
Remember that dullness and gloss do not affect the basic characteristics of protection. Here you choose the model that is most convenient for you: the matte color better reflects on a sunny day, but is prone to grain formation.
Rule number 4. Rose among. We are looking for the best value for money
Price is an indicator that does not speak about the quality of a thing; it is important to remember this. It consists of the manufacturer’s brand, the availability of additional accessories, margins and other aspects that are unimportant to the user. As a rule, the most expensive accessories are sold for popular smartphones like iPhone and Samsung, although they do not differ in composition from protective glasses for gadgets from other manufacturers.
As you can see, picking up a protective glass for a smartphone is not so difficult if you know some subtleties.
Did you know the rules for choosing shockproof glass? Write the answer in the comments. Share the material with your friends and they will thank you more than once.