When will the Samsung s10 become cheaper?
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite will receive a macro camera
Samsung Galaxy S10 received a stable version of Android 10
What will make the Samsung S10 stand out from the crowd of Chinese copies? That’s right, a design that will surpass all critics’ expectations. If Korean experts, nevertheless, name the new smartphone Galaxy X, then it should clearly surpass its direct competitor. iPhone X.
Given that the future device will have a curved display, which was written about earlier, you can roughly imagine a new design. It should be a monolithic block with curved side bezels like the Galaxy S9; the screen occupies almost the entire front panel. at least 93%; from the front, the display goes through one side frame to the rear panel; no buttons other than the power / lock key.
Samsung has released the third build of Android 10 beta for the Galaxy S10
How much will the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite cost?
Galaxy S10 certified with Android 10 on board
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite and Galaxy A91 turned out to be different devices
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7nm), Adreno 640 graphics;
- 6/128 GB of memory;
- combo slot for microSD up to 1 TB;
- Android 10 OneUI 2.
Galaxy S10 Lite is the first Samsung flagship, which officially came out in Russia with a top-end processor from Qualcomm. S-series smartphones traditionally came to us on Exynos chipsets, to which demanding users have a lot of complaints. The advantages of Snapdragon 855 are manifested primarily in games, in terms of working with graphics, the Adreno 640 is much superior to the Mali G76 accelerators used in the Exynos 9820. As a result, the S10 Lite demonstrates higher performance, no heating and no throttling under load, which is important for fans of long online battles.
With the Snapdragon 855 and 6GB of RAM under the hood, the S10 Lite works like a true flagship. fast, smooth and jitter-free. It does not have UFS 3.0 storage, but the older S10 models (with the exception of the 5G version of the S10) were equipped with UFS 2.1 memory. In practice, you will not notice any difference, all applications and games are loaded very quickly, the smartphone copes with any tasks with a bang.
S10 Lite runs Android 10 with a proprietary One UI 2.0 interface. It has almost all the software chips that the main flagships of the company have, with the exception of the desktop mode for working behind the DeX monitor. There is Edge Screen, Edge Lighting, Bixby Routines, the “Link to Windows” function for viewing notifications from the phone to the PC, the ability to remap the power key and a full set of standard One UI tools. Since the S10 Lite comes with Android 10 out of the box, it will definitely get Android 11 and Android 12, but the availability of the latter for the S10 and Note 10 is a big question, given Samsung’s two-year update cycle.
Galaxy S10 Lite camera
- Rear camera: main 48 MP (f / 2.0, 26 mm, OIS) wide-angle 12 MP (f / 2.2, 12 mm) macro 5 MP (f / 2.4)
- Front camera: 32 MP (f / 2.2, 25mm)
- Recording 2160p @ 30/60 fps, 1080p @ 30/60/240 fps.
I will disappoint anyone who wants to get photo quality from the S10 Lite comparable to Samsung’s flagships. The camera of the S10 Lite is very good, but it does not reach the top models of the series. Rather, we are dealing with an improved camera of the conditional A51, which has been brought to mind in software. The combination of modules is the same here. the main 48 MP sensor is supplemented with a width and a macro camera. There is no TV set with optical zoom, and this is a serious drawback for a smartphone for such money.
Taking pictures with the main camera, the S10 Lite combines four pixels into one and takes a photo with a resolution of 12 MP. When shooting during the day, this approach allows you to capture clear images with good dynamic range and natural color reproduction.
Quite good detail is preserved even in low light conditions, but a lot of digital noise appears in the photographs. after all, the lens aperture here is f / 2.0, and not f / 1.5, like in older models. But the S10 Lite has optical image stabilization, which avoids blur in difficult conditions and improves the capabilities of the night mode.
Now about the ultra wide-angle and macro cameras. I will not go into details and just say that the shirik, although inferior in quality to the main camera (see examples above), remains very useful, while the macro camera is extremely limited in use. It lacks autofocus and forces you to play with choosing the right distance to the subject every time, and the detail of photos corresponds to a meager 5-megapixel resolution. All in all, a telephoto lens in a sub-flagship would make much more sense.
The S10 Lite also lets you shoot in Live Focus mode with background blur, and the results are pretty impressive. You can highlight objects with color and adjust the intensity of the bokeh on the finished photos in the gallery.
When it comes to video recording, the S10 Lite is able to please with the new Super Steady stabilization technology. It only turns on when shooting 1080p @ 30 / 60fps and the videos really turn out to be perfectly smooth, without shaking, even with heavy operator movement. In 4K, regular OIS works and similar videos look great too. The smartphone supports the technology of sound amplification when zooming Zoom-in Mic, but it is not particularly useful in everyday life. It’s much more interesting to play with super slowmo, hyperlapse shooting and even background blur in the video.
- mono speaker;
- no headphone jack;
- no radio;
- aptX and aptX HD support.
The Galaxy S10 Lite has just one multimedia speaker, which is very disappointing given the price of the new product and the presence of stereo in the other “lightweight top” of the S10e. Why save on stereo speakers when you are making a device with the highest performance and a cool screen, which can be the perfect device for consuming multimedia, playing games and listening to music?
The phone sounds loud and clear with no distortion at full volume, but the sound has no depth at all. There is also no headphone jack, and the bundled USB-C headset is no good even with the included Dolby Atmos enhancers. In short, you need an adapter or high-quality Bluetooth headphones to fully enjoy content consumption on this device.
- 6.7-inch AMOLED
- 2400 x 1080 pixels;
- aspect ratio 20: 9.
In various promotional materials, Samsung pays little attention to the S10 Lite screen, but here it is as cool as the Galaxy S10 and Note 10. The display is comparable to the older flagships in terms of color rendering, contrast and viewing angles, and it also supports HDR10 technology. I compared the same HDR YouTube video on the S10 Lite and S10 and found no noticeable difference except for slightly better detail on the latter due to the 2K resolution.
The brightness reserve of the Galaxy S10 Lite is as high as that of the S10, the information on the screen is perfectly readable in the daytime sun. Many users will be pleased that the smartphone display is not curved, so you can easily stick any protective glass on it.
The fingerprint scanner built into the screen deserves a positive assessment. Despite the fact that it is optical. this is a simpler technology than the ultrasonic sensors in the S10 and Note 10. the scanner works great. It’s fast and works almost flawlessly, far better than the downright terrible optical scanners in the mid-range 2019 A-series smartphones. The percentage of accurate unlocks on the S10 Lite was even higher for me than on older flagships, probably because the optical scanner is not affected by excessive dryness of the skin, which can become a problem with ultrasonic sensors. The face recognition function does an excellent job as well.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite specifications:
- Screen: 6.7 ″, Super AMOLED, FHD (2400 × 1080 px), 20: 9, 394 ppi, HDR10;
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 (8 × 1.78-2.84 GHz, 7 nm), Adreno 640 graphics;
- Permanent memory: 128 GB (UFS 2.1) MicroSD up to 1 TB (combo slot);
- RAM: 6/8 GB;
- Main camera: 48 MP (f / 2.0, 26 mm, PDAF, OIS) 12 MP (f / 2.2, ultra-wide angle, 12 mm) 5 MP (f2.4, macro camera), 4K / 60fps video;
- Front camera: 32 MP (f / 2.2, 25mm);
- Battery: 4500 mAh, fast charging 25 W;
- SIM: 2 x Nano;
- Wireless communications: LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS GLONASS, NFC.
- Ports: USB Type-C (2.0, OTG);
- Security: in-screen fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock;
- OS: Android 10 OneUI 2;
- Color: white, blue, black.
Official. In Russia, the smartphone is available in a single configuration for 6/128 GB of memory.
- battery 4500 mAh;
- fast charging 15W included.
Watch This Before Buying a Used Samsung Galaxy S10 In 2020!
With a 4500 mAh battery, the Galaxy S10 Lite lasts a very long time without recharging. If you do not play games for hours on end, then under any conditions he will live until the evening with 6-7 hours of an active screen. With moderately intensive use, you can count on one and a half to two days of work on a single charge.
When using the supplied adapter, the smartphone charges from 1 to 23% in 10 minutes, up to 53% in 30 minutes, up to 87% in 60 minutes, and a full charge cycle lasts 1 hour 15 minutes. Quite a good figure considering the battery capacity. The S10 Lite does not support wireless charging, but if necessary, you can recharge another smartphone from it via the wire.
Communication and interfaces
- 2 x NanoSIM;
- Bluetooth 5.0;
- Wi-Fi dual-band 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac;
- A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS;
The connection quality of the S10 Lite is good, I did not notice any problems with signal reception on any of the two SIM cards that were installed in the smartphone during testing. The speaker is loud, the interlocutors can be heard well even in noisy places. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and other wireless interfaces work stably, the latest versions of all modules are used. NFC supports Samsung Pay and Google Pay, that is, contactless payments can be made at almost any existing POS.
- charging adapter;
- Type-C cable;
- a clip to remove the SIM card;
- Type-C headphones;
While the S10 Lite supports 25W charging, a 15W adapter is included in the box. Also, a protective film is pre-glued on the smartphone screen.
Design and ergonomics
- 162.5 x 75.6 x 8.1 mm, weight 186 grams
- plastic body, Gorilla Glass 5 on the screen;
- selfie camera cutout.
The S10 Lite is named in Honor of the Galaxy S10 flagship line, but it doesn’t look like any of the top models from last year. In terms of design, the novelty is more likely to belong to the mid-budget A-series, which is manifested primarily in the materials of the case. The back panel and ends of the smartphone are made of the proprietary 3D Glasstic material. this is plastic, which is visually very similar to glass. This has its advantages, since the S10 Lite will survive a fall to the floor without consequences more likely than the regular S10. But plastic is plastic, and there is no feeling of premium when you hold a smartphone in your hands. And for 45 thousand rubles I would like, especially considering that Chinese manufacturers now offer devices in a case made of glass and metal, one and a half to two times cheaper.
Thanks to its thin bezels and elongated form factor, the S10 Lite is neither too heavy nor very large, despite its impressive 6.7-inch diagonal. In terms of display size, the new product even bypasses the S10 Plus with its 6.4-inches.
The case is 8.1mm thick, which is pretty good considering the 4500mAh battery inside, but it can’t be an excuse for the S10 Lite’s lack of a headphone jack. This is a strange omission, considering that there is a minijack in all versions of the S10 and Note 10 Lite, which was released simultaneously with our hero and received a similar battery capacity.
Also in the S10 Lite there is no traditional water and dust protection for Samsung flagships. Everything is clear here. IP certification would lead to a significant increase in cost and make it a competitor for the main S10, so you will have to use the device carefully. The tray for cards, like the older models, is combined in the S10 Lite, in order to install MicroSD you will have to sacrifice one of the SIM cards.
As for the location of the buttons, they are all located on the right side. The volume rocker is double, the keys are pressed well. There is no separate button for calling the Bixby voice assistant in the S10 Lite, now the assistant is activated by a long press on the power key, and you can turn off or restart the smartphone from the notification curtain.
There are no complaints about the build quality of the S10 Lite, the materials are not flagship, but everything is done to the conscience. In terms of ergonomics, everything is also good, due to the roundings on the back and ends, the phone fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, but it is not very comfortable to operate with one hand, after all, the dimensions are not small here.
Xiaomi Mi 9
- Some of the cheapest (or cheapest?) Wireless charging flagship on the market
- Powerful 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor. It is more powerful than the Exynos 9820 on Samsung, but the Xiaomi Mi 9 is cheaper
- Glass body. Gorilla Glass 5 Gorilla Glass 6
- An excellent 48MP camera, the ability to put a GCam wide-angle camera with autofocus, which is a rarity
- Amoled screen with HDR and fingerprint scanner underneath
- NFC, fast and wireless charging
- No water protection
- No stereo speakers
- No headphone jack or flash drive slot
- Battery capacity is low. only 3300 mAh, which will not last long
Examples of photos and details. in the review Xiaomi Mi 9
Huawei P30 Pro. the best in terms of price / quality ratio
- OLED screen with HDR
- Water resistant
- The best camera among smartphones under 45 thousand
- Large 4200mAh battery 40W fast charge (70% in 30 minutes) wireless charging
- Powerful Kirin 980 processor that pulls everything
- Gorgeous telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom
- No headphone jack
- UFS 2.1 memory, many competitors have UFS 3.0
- Screen cutout for the front camera. looks so-so
- No stereo speakers. some competitors have
Samsung Galaxy S20
- The latest smartphone with Android 10 on board
- Gorilla Glass 6 everywhere
- Unique AMOLED screen with HDR10 and QHD resolution, refresh rate. space 120fps
- Powerful hardware Exynos 990. New 7nm processor that has not been used anywhere else
- Water resistant
- One of the world’s best cameras on the market with a huge 1 / 1.76 ”OIS and Dual Pixel autofocus
- 4000mAh battery fast and powerful wireless charging (15W) reverse charging function
- Very expensive. It makes sense to wait when it gets cheaper
- Autonomy. below average
The link will find an overview of the Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung Galaxy S10
- The cheaper flagship. now it costs 43-45 thousand rubles, although it was previously sold for 60 thousand
- AMOLED screen with maximum contrast and fingerprint scanner. one of the best in its class
- Powerful Exynos 9820 processor. pulls everything
- 12 megapixel camera with dynamic aperture excellent width and telephoto modules. At one time, the device was in the TOP of DxOMark
- Stereo speakers
- Fast, wireless and even reversible charging
- There is protection against water, a 3.5 mm jack and even a slot for a flash drive, which is a rarity among TOP phones
- Build quality and materials
- Android 9 out of the box update to the “dozen”. Android 11 will be the last for the S10
- A hole in the screen for the front cameras
Traditionally: details about the model and examples of photos. in the review of Samsung S10
Honor V30 Pro
- Fresh flagship Huawei with Android 10
- Powerful Kirin 990 processor
- One of the best cameras on the market. DxOMark confirms
- The 4100mAh battery is fast, reversible and wireless charging. over, the fast charging speed is impressive. 70% in 30 minutes; fast wireless charging speed. 52% in 30 minutes
- Fast UFS 3.0 memory
- Low price tag
- No water protection
- Limited contrast IPS screen; competitors have more advanced OLED matrices
- There is no support for Google services, including the Play Store, but there are analogues: AppGallery, Amazon AppStore
- No memory card slot and headphone jack
Samsung Galaxy S10 In 2021! (Still Worth It?) (Review)
The link will find a review of the Honor V30 Pro; for your money. a very cool option.
TOP 6 phones with wireless charging in March-April 2020
Wireless charging in a smartphone is a useful thing, especially if you have an appropriate adapter in your car. There are many wireless charging phones on the market, but not all of them are good. Below is the subjective TOP of the best models.
iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro
- Premium build quality and materials
- Software updates over 4 years
- Gorgeous cameras the ability to shoot 4K / 60 FPS on all cameras, including the “front”
- OLED screen with HDR10 and Dolby Vision (11 Pro only)
- The best hardware even among the 2020 chips
- Water resistant
- Fast and wireless charging, finally high autonomy
- Very expensive
- No memory card slot and 3.5 mm jack
- You cannot insert 2 SIM cards, there is support for e-SIM, but the technology is not used in Russia
Follow the links. iPhone 11 and 11 Pro review