Example of decoding marking
Consider models of different years and with different display matrices. The following is about all possible labeling variations.
The fourth digit indicates the presence of the tuner and its type. For example, 7 means a DVB-T2 tuner, and 0 means a DVB-T tuner. This was the case until 2013, but since 2013, the type of the tuner began to be designated by two letters, and the fourth digit also began to refer to the design.
Now the type of the tuner is designated as follows (the newer designation is indicated in brackets):
- Aw (W). Tuner DVB-T / C;
- Ab (B, AU or U). Tuner DVB-T2 / С / S2;
- Ak (K). Tuner DVB-T2 / C;
- At (T). Two tuners 2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2;
- Sb. Tuner DVB-T2 / С / S2;
- Ss. Tuner DVB-T / C / S2;
- St. Two tuners 2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2;
- Sl. Two tuners 2 x DVB-T / C / S2;
- Af (BF). Dtv Tuner / Digital Cable Tuner / Analog Tuner;
- Dk. Dvb-T2 / C;
- Ar (DR). Dtv Tuner / Analog Tuner.
There may be one or two letters further. According to the company’s explanations, these letters do not convey any information to consumers. In addition, these letters may not be in the labeling of Samsung TVs.
Year of issue
Further in the marking is a letter that indicates the year of manufacture. It was by the letter designation of the year that Samsung went.
- Tu / T / QT. 2020.
- Ru / R / QR. 2019.
- Nu / N / QN. 2018.
- Q / MU / M. 2017.
- Ks / KU. 2016.
- Js / JU. 2015.
- Hu / H. 2014.
- F. 2013.
- E. 2012.
- D. 2011.
- S. 2010.
- B. 2009.
- A. 2008.
Also in 2015-2016, additional letters were added to those that mean the year:
- S. Tvs under the “SUHD” brand (produced in 2015 and 2016);
- U. 4k UHD ultra high definition screen.
All Q (QLED) and S (SUHD) models are 8K or 4K UHD (3840×2160).
Previously, there was such a letter (after the designation of the year):
H. Means a body of normal thickness;
If there are no other letters in the marking after the letter of the year, but there is a series right away, then this means an ordinary LED HDTV TV with Full HD (1920×1080) or HD Ready (1366×768) resolution.
Further in the designation of the model there are two numbers that indicate the size of the screen diagonal in inches (1 inch = 2.54 cm.).
Usually they produce TV sets with screens from 32 inches to 65 inches, the most popular among users. There are also more screens, but this is already for large rooms and most buyers do not choose them.
The following numbers indicate the series and sub-series of Samsung TVs.
As the series descends, the price decreases and the technical characteristics deteriorate, or more precisely, the devices become simpler, without additional functions.
The second number denotes the podcast of the series. According to some experts, various technical data may be hidden in this figure. There is no official explanation from the company about this figure, so it’s hard to say for sure.
The third number refers to the design, so it will not reveal any technical parameters.
2016 model with LED screen
Let’s look at one example of Samsung TV labeling. From left to right:
- U. Led TV,
- E. Region Europe,
- 75.Diagonal of the screen in inches,
- K. 2016 model,
- 9.The ninth series, the numbers 0,0,0 will not tell us anything without the help of specialists (the last two zeros speak about design),
- Ab. Indicates the type of tuner that can be identified in the list below.
Samsung TV model number transcript
Article updated 04.06.2020, first published on tab-tv.com May 2013
What Do Samsung TV Model Numbers Really Mean? Let’s see how Samsung assigns model numbers to its TVs. There are differences in the form of the model number for TVs of the QLED, Crystal and ordinary TVs, and also another principle of forming the model number has special series The Frame, The Serif of TVs from the LifeStyle line. Separate segment, commercial TVs.
The designation of TV model numbers has changed over time, until 2008 there was a designation for older Samsung TV models. In 2008, a new principle for the numbering of TV models was introduced. The labeling is also periodically updated in connection with the appearance on the market of conceptually new TVs. But the basic information in the model number has not fundamentally changed since 2008.
How to find out which screen on a Samsung TV
- U. The TV has a UHD screen. The designation of the TV model number implies an understanding of what resolution the matrix is in the TV. Note that the production of TVs with Full HD matrices is declining every year. 95% of Samsung TVs are produced with UHD or 8K matrixes. Until 2020, the letter S was also used and denoted a super screen, improved compared to the usual one. In 2020, such TVs began to be called the Crystal series, but the marking does not appear in any way.
Samsung TVs 2016
In 2016, the marking of TVs remained the same as in previous years, only the letter indicating the year of model development and the start of production has changed. According to technical specifications, it can be noted that the production of TVs with support for 3D has ceased, the 3D image has not become widespread, it increases the cost of production of TVs.
Old designation, Samsung LED TVs (Full HD, UHD) 2008. 2016
Led TVs (Full HD and UHD) until 2017 indicated which digital tuners were installed on the TV. There was also a division into the type of the installed matrix and the screen resolution. Since now Samsung installs only two types of LED and QLED matrices in TVs and a full set of tuners, this marking is no longer applied.
What was the labeling of TVs before 2008, you can find out from the section at the end of the article, Labeling of old models of Samsung TVs for 2002-2007
How to find out the year of manufacture of a Samsung TV
- T is the year of the TV’s release on sale or the year of development, but more correctly the year of the start of sales T-2020. Samsung will start producing TVs in the first quarter. If the TV is for example a T model, it means it is a 2020 TV model. And it will be produced from the first quarter of 2020 to the first quarter of 2021.
- T. 2020
- R. 2019
- N. 2018
- M. 2017
- K. 2016
- J. 2015
- H. 2014
- F. 2013
- E. 2012
- D. 2011
- C. 2010
- B. 2009
- A. 2008
Decoding of marking LED TVs Samsung (Samsung) 2008-2020
For some countries, the model number designation is used with a change in the first letters. For example, UN43TU. Tv for the North American market, UE43TU. For Europe, GQ43TU. For Germany, KQ43TU. For Korea.
Marking LED TVs Samsung 2008-2020
Let’s look at how to decipher the capabilities of the TV by marking, using the example of the 2020 model UN43TU8000FXZA
Appearance and display
M. Smartphones are made of high quality plastic. The lineup is presented in several colors: red, black, blue. At the top of the screen there is a cutout for a selfie camera, on the back there is a fingerprint scanner and a main camera. Screen 6,3 ”, Super AMOLED.
A. The body is made of plastic or metal. At the top of the display there is a teardrop-shaped notch for a selfie camera. The main camera is located in the upper left corner of the rear panel. The screen is frameless, but there is a small chin. Screen diagonal from 6.4 ”, Super AMOLED or AMOLED, HD resolution. In the Galaxy A51 model, the main camera is placed in a separate rectangular block, and the selfie camera is not made in the form of a droplet, but a dotted cutout in the center of the screen from above.
S. Devices are made of aluminum (frame) and glass (front and rear panels). Glass panels are covered with durable protective glass Gorilla Glass 6. They are protected from water and dust according to IP67 or IP68 standards. On the back, in the center is the main camera and the company logo. The diagonal of the screen is 6.1-6.8 ”, made using Dynamic AMOLED technology, have a wide color gamut, they are called Infinity-O displays because of a special cutout for a selfie camera. 2020 models (Galaxy S20 line) feature 140Hz refresh rate screens (switchable to 60Hz).
Note. They are made of glass and aluminum, like the models of the S line. Also protected from moisture and dust. The maximum diagonal in the Note 10 model is 6.8 ”. Displays are made using Dynamic AMOLED technology.
Z. Samsung Z series smartphones are made of glass, they are quite thick when folded, but very compact. The hinge mechanism is based on ultra-thin bendable glass. Inside the hinge are tiny nylon fibers to keep dust from the inside of the hinge. The phones are equipped with 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED screens with a resolution of 2636 x 1080 pixels. Each half of the display can be used for different activities when the smartphone is open.
Comparison of the lines of smartphones from Samsung
If everything is roughly clear with Apple smartphones: every year a new model comes out, then Samsung‘s assortment has a huge number of smartphones and lines, in which not only ordinary customers get confused, but also, probably :), Samsung employees themselves.
New lines of Samsung smartphones: camera capabilities
M. Samsung smartphones are equipped with a 13 5MP dual camera. They have several shooting modes: automatic, portrait, pro, panorama, wide-angle. Supports shooting with a blurred background. Recording is in FullHD format.
A. Samsung smartphones have dual or triple cameras 16 5 Mp, shoot with bokeh effect, in portrait mode, support panoramic shooting. In the Galaxy A70 and other smartphones of the Samsung line, the camera is paired with artificial intelligence, has automatic focus, and a flash. There is a function “Determine flaws”, it allows you to get rid of unsuccessful angles, closed eyes.
S and Note. Samsung’s flagships are equipped with a triple camera with 121216 megapixels. With its 123-degree wide-angle camera, you can capture all-encompassing panoramas. Recently, the term “UltraWide-panorama” has even appeared. This is a panorama taken on the Galaxy S10, it captures the maximum at. The clips are recorded in 4K format and in slow-mo mode at a speed of 960 fps. The latest models use super stabilization when shooting, it allows you to shoot like an action camera. Smoothly and dynamically. The top novelty of 2020 Galaxy S20 Ultra received a quad camera with a resolution of 108 48 12 ToF sensor and a selfie camera with a resolution of 40 mA. For the first time, Samsung smartphones have a “space zoom” (100x digital zoom), and recording is possible in 8K format. The rest of the Galaxy S20 and S20 lineup are equipped with a triple camera with 12 64 12 megapixel lenses.
Z. Flexible Samsung smartphones with a dual camera with a resolution of 12 megapixels each lens. The camera captures high-quality nighttime Hyperlapse or low-light shots with Night Mode. Front camera resolution. 10 megapixels. The Samsung Z series smartphones feature Flex Mode, which allows you to use the smartphone in a semi-folded state. For example, you can set it in this position on some surface and take pictures as if the smartphone is mounted on a tripod.
Comparison of new lines of Samsung smartphones
M is Samsung’s line of mid-range smartphones that launched in 2019. The lineup is distinguished by a good margin of autonomy, medium-performance processors, and a standard amount of RAM (32 or 64 GB). About the M series we can say: “The perfect balance of filling and cost”.
A is the most popular line of Samsung smartphones with the largest number of smartphones. It used to be business class, but now the cheap J series has been discontinued, so the A line covers business smartphones and budget models. The distinctive features of the new line are stylish appearance, frameless Infinity Display screens, high-capacity batteries. The most popular models of the line. Galaxy A30 and A50.
S. An expensive top-end line of Samsung flagships, combining maximum innovations, proprietary technologies and fancy chips (ultrasound scanner, Dynamic Amoled screen).
Note. Samsung’s high-performance flagships that support the S Pen stylus. They use the same features and innovations as the S line. What’s the difference? The S line is designed for business people, Note. Too, but also for leisure, work and communication, and all this is easier to implement with the S Pen stylus. According to Samsung.
Z are Samsung’s flexible smartphones that first appeared in 2020. They feature a foldable screen that folds in half, a dual camera, a top processor and the highest cost of any Samsung device.
Operation speed, memory size, performance
New Samsung smartphones show excellent performance thanks to 8-core processors and a large amount of RAM (6-12 GB). Middle-class devices have less efficient processors, the amount of RAM is 3-6 GB. The CPU is responsible for the performance of gadgets, depending on the model chosen:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon.
- Samsung Exynos (Samsung branded processor).
Speed, memory, performance of previous Samsung smartphones
|Processors||4-core Exynos or Snapdragon||8-core Exynos 7885||8-core Exynos or Snadragon||8-core from Snadragon|
|RAM||2-3 GB||3-4 GB||3-6 GB||3-4 GB|
|ROM||16 GB||16-32 GB||32-64 GB||32-64 GB|
|Autonomy||2600-3600 mAh||2350-3600 mAh||2600-3500 mAh||2500-3600 mAh|
In 2020, the A, S lines remained, as well as new ones: M and Note.
How Samsung Galaxy A differs from S
Samsung’s Galaxy series is currently identified with the full lineup of Android smartphones. The flagship model of this series surpasses the iPhone in sales. We can say that the Galaxy series is now not just the flagship of the smartphone line, but a full range of devices from budget to top-end ones. The price differences between the Galaxy smartphones are very large. If you are serious about buying a new smartphone, then you need not only to distinguish the series of the manufacturer’s models, but also the series within the Samsung Galaxy line itself.
Samsung Galaxy S7
The Galaxy S smartphone appeared on the market in 2010. The device had a huge display at that time (4 inches, resolution 480×800 pixels), a proprietary ARMv7 processor with a frequency of 1 GHz. The size of the built-in memory is 8 or 16 GB, the camera is 5 megapixels. It is fair to say that until recently the variety of Samsung smartphone lines was so great that it was very difficult for an ordinary buyer to understand it, and the new items that came out confused the situation even more. Now you can simply answer that the A-series is the middle segment of the Galaxy line, and the S-series is the top segment.
Samsung Galaxy A7
But this is very simplistic. If we compare the devices of these two series more seriously, it turns out that not everything is so simple. Some differences can be a plus, while others turn out to be a minus for a certain model.
- You need to start with the most important part. The battery. Even the most advanced smartphone can cause a lot of inconvenience to the owner without a large battery. The battery capacity of the S-series is higher than that of the A-series: up to 3000 mAh versus 2600 mAh in the seventh versions of both series. But in 2016, a much larger 3300 mAh battery appeared in the A7 model.
- The Galaxy A’s screen size is slightly larger, but the 1440 x 2560px resolution makes the S-series picture more detailed and sharper.
- Ram directly affects performance and responsiveness, and the Galaxy S has more (up to 4GB).
- If we compare the cameras, then in both models they are almost the same, a slight difference is only in the resolution of 12 and 13 megapixels. It is impossible to distinguish the picture by eye.
- The only advantage to the S-series is the presence of a built-in optical image stabilizer, which reduces the risk of getting blurry shots when moving or at twilight at long exposure without flash. By the way, the flash is available in one and the other series.
- The more advanced hardware in the Galaxy S has been reflected in the size and weight of the smartphone itself upwards, although not significantly. For some, this is naturally a minus.
- Dlna protocol, which is used to connect electronic devices, for example, at home without using an Internet connection, is also available only in the S-series.
- The disadvantage of the A-series, as many have already noted, is the small built-in memory (16 GB). Of course, a flash drive can compensate for this drawback, but still the built-in memory is better.
- Android 5.1. This is a hit of 2015, but not 2016, but it is it that is installed on Galaxy A, the sixth version of this operating system is already running on Galaxy S.
- To change the battery, the owners of the A-series will have to hand over their smartphone to the service, since the battery there is non-removable.
- The clock frequency of the processor is what suits who better: more cores or the frequency of each core separately (8 cores at 1.8 GHz for A or 4 cores for 2.15 GHz for S).
- The S has an order of magnitude more screen resolution, although the screen itself looks a little smaller (1,440 x 2,560px for the S7 and 1,080 x 1,920px for the A7).
- Galaxy S also has more protection against dust and moisture, and its glass is not usual, but proprietary shockproof. You can argue with this advantage, because it is unlikely that the owners of such expensive smartphones (and inexpensive ones too) constantly drop them, bathe them in water or actively use them in the rain. The difference in price for such dubious protection is quite noticeable.
- Support for 802.11ac wireless and dual band WiFi is also an advantage of the S series. This gives more speed in data transfer, which means that high quality games, and even with less power consumption, will be more affordable for this particular series.
- The predominant security systems include the presence of a fingerprint scanner in S series smartphones.
- Fans of all kinds of fitness gadgets will like the ability to receive and transmit data via the ANT protocol on the Galaxy S, that is, the smartphone can be easily synchronized with trackers, heart rate monitors, sports watches and other similar devices.
- If we consider. And shooting, the S series takes over again, as it has backlights when taking photos or in low light conditions. This series also has continuous phase detection autofocus, the ability to adjust the exposure manually, self-adjusting ISO (sensitivity, the value of which affects noise in shooting). White balance can also be set manually (image colors are more natural).
- Hdr mode, that is, with an increased dynamic range, and panoramic shooting are available only in the S, but again the quality is questionable. Feature not worth overpaying.
- It’s easier to see time on S. No need to press an additional button to turn on the display, as in the A series.
- Barometer function for an amateur. If anyone needs the function of measuring atmospheric pressure, then again only Galaxy S will help out.
Choosing from two series of smartphones in the Galaxy line from Samsung, you can easily understand that in terms of functionality, the S series is a cut above the average of the A series. However, if you compare prices, then the possibility of a significant overpayment for dubious functions can push you away from buying.
Samsung A series
Several modifications are available. A3, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9. The higher the number, the higher the class and more efficient device. Price range: 220 to 450. If we consider the freshest representatives of the 2018 line, then we can highlight the following features:
- Appearance. Austere design with slightly rounded edges. Metal is used as the body material, and the screen is protected by durable glass. The thickness of the smartphone is optimal. It is not too thick, and moderately thin. Pleases the lateral location of the speaker so as not to cover it with your hand;
- Display. Used exclusively Super AMOLED with FullHD resolution, as well as FullHD. The picture is slightly oversaturated, which not everyone likes. But on the whole it makes a good impression. The diagonals are different. From 5.2 to 6.3 inches;
- Processor. Senior representatives are equipped with an 8-core Snapdragon 660 (2.2 GHz each), the “simpler” models have Exynos with a frequency of 1.9 GHz;
- Ram: from 3 to 6 GB (if we take into account devices released no earlier than 2018);
- Internal storage: from 16 to 128 GB with microSD support;
- Camera: different combinations of main and front modules are possible. Often, there are two 168MP cameras on the back, but 4 elements are integrated in the A9 (241085).
We continue to consider the differences between the series of Samsung smartphones.
What is the difference between the series of smartphones Samsung A S J
What are the differences between Samsung smartphones of different A J S series? Many fans of the South Korean brand face this question before buying a mobile gadget. Almost everyone understands that S are the flagships with the best characteristics and functionality, but if you want to know more, we recommend that you read our review.
What makes Samsung smartphones different
This article will discuss the representatives of the Galaxy line running the Android OS. At the moment, there are three series available. Budget, mid-range and premium. Everyone can choose the best solution based on budget and preferences.
Next, we will talk about each of the modifications in turn, indicate the distinctive features, key points.
Samsung J series
It is represented by several models (J2, J3, J4, J6, J8), which are updated almost every year. These smartphones have a low cost in the range of 120-170.
- Appearance: the design combines minimalism and practicality of a metal body. The edges are smoothed out, the smartphone slips a little in the hands (which can be easily removed with a cover). The size is optimal for easy control and pressing the side buttons;
- Display: the type of matrix depends on the class. It can be both TFT and Super AMOLED with different resolutions. But, in any case, the image always looks juicy, does not fade in the sun;
- Processor: Equipped with both proprietary Enxyos CPUs with 2-4 cores at 1.2-1.6 GHz and Snapdragon chips. In older models, a more modern eight-core processor Eksinos is installed;
- Ram: from 1 to 3 GB;
- Internal storage: 8GB to 32GB microSD slot available;
- Camera: the main one most often has 13 megapixels, and in the top versions of 2018, dual cameras of 16 and 5 megapixels have already begun to interfere.
Samsung Galaxy S
The flagships with the most comprehensive feature set. Two modifications are produced annually. Basic and Plus. The cost ranges from 600. 1000 dollars.
- Appearance: the high cost, clear lines and smooth edges are immediately striking. One has only to pick it up, you can feel the build quality, materials. Although the phone is large, it does not cause any discomfort when using;
- The display is only Super AMOLED with FullHD resolution. Diagonal 5.8. 6.2 inches. The key feature is the curved edges, the screen occupies almost the entire area of the front panel;
- Processor. 8x Exynos, with four cores running at 2.7 GHz, and the rest at 1.7 GHz;
- Ram: 4 to 6 GB;
- Built-in memory: 64. 128 GB, can be expanded with a microSD card;
- Camera: higher quality optics are used (compared to the representatives of the above lines), allowing you to take cool pictures even in low light. Many settings, filters are available.
So we figured out how the Samsung A S J series of smartphones differ.
Differences between the A, S and J lines
The main differences in the lines can be seen in the design of the cameras. For modest representatives of the J line, the parameters of the main camera do not exceed 16 megapixels, starting from the 6th number, the phones have a double camera module, while the front one is represented by modules from 8 to 16 megapixels. Line A has a wider range, the younger the model, the greater the parameters of the lenses. Latest copies have 2 or more lenses to expand camera functions, added wide-angle and / or macro lenses.
The premium series of smartphones includes all of the brand’s leading camera developments. The latest copy has 5 lenses, the main module includes a conventional 16.0 MP camera with an F1.5 / F2.4 aperture, optical zoom up to 10x, an ultra-wide lens 12.0 MP and a 12.0 MP camera with increased depth. Front module has a separation capacity of 10.0 MP 8.0 MP.
The S line also has a traditional division into the standard series and the S. The latter are improved variants of the flagship. They did not provide any innovations, but the existing parameters were improved: the amount of built-in memory was increased, the separation capacity of the camera was increased, and the performance was higher.
Samsung Galaxy A
Serie A is loved by many for the following features:
- A large variant of body colors. Often smartphones are released in several shades, where, in addition to standard black and white, various shades are presented, for example, golden, blue, red, etc.
- Focus on the front camera, relatively high performance of front lenses in comparison with competitors;
- Protection of the case from moisture and dust;
- Average price, availability of basic functions and brand quality without overpayments.
All these qualities make the devices of this line popular among young people, those who like to use smartphones to solve most everyday issues.
The first thing the buyer focuses on is the appearance of the smartphone. Most models do not have significant design differences, but if this is an important criterion for you, check out the design features of each line.
- The J series features a metal body and simplicity of shapes and lines. The models of this line are distinguished by their simplicity and recognizable forms. Smartphones are typically 5.5 inches, making the J-series phones ergonomic and compact.
- The A-series is distinguished by a strict design, a combination of the reliability of a metal cover and a screen protection with tempered glass. Slim, medium size, 4.5 to 5.7 inches diagonal.
- S-series smartphones are the largest in size. Their screen diagonal ranges from 5.5 to almost 7 inches, the display itself occupies almost the entire front panel area. With each update of the model range, the edges become smaller and smaller, and the manufacturer tries to make the edges of the case as smooth as possible in order to improve ergonomic performance. Oleophobic coating used for metal cover and screen.
Technical differences between smartphones
The most important differences are the functional features of smartphones. Each of them is created for separate purposes, so let’s dwell on the “stuffing” of gadgets from different series.
What do the letters A S J in Samsung smartphones mean?
Samsung is trying to reach as many of its active users as possible, so it releases several lines of smartphones at once. From budget to premium. For the convenience of users, the lines are named with serial numbers with a capital letter of the series. Let’s take a closer look at what the letters A S J mean in Samsung smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung’s premium line is famous for the following qualities:
- Implementation of all the latest brand developments in one device;
- Prestige due to a large-scale advertising campaign and high cost;
- The presence of a large amount of memory;
- Interaction with other Samsung devices, the ability to create a unified system of gadgets;
- Increased protection of personal data, protection of the case from dust and moisture.
The advantages of these smartphones give rise to increased demand among active smartphone users, businessmen, connoisseurs of technological innovations.