A few years ago, Apple released two tablets with a difference of a few months. IPad Air and iPad mini 2. Many were perplexed by this, because the technical characteristics of the devices are very similar. However, there are still several significant differences, which we will consider below.
- Dimensions iPad Air and iPad mini 2
- IPad Air and iPad mini 2 packaging and appearance
- Comparison of iPad Air and iPad mini 2 screens
- Other specifications
- Conclusions: what to choose iPad Air and iPad mini 2 with Retina display?
Dimensions iPad Air and iPad mini 2
The first thing that is visible to everyone is the sizes of the devices. They differ significantly:
- One is suitable for full-fledged work with text documents, games, browsing the web and much more. We can say that it can replace a full-fledged laptop.
- The second has a more compact size and is suitable for those who prefer to always carry a tablet with them. Also, such a device will be convenient for reading books, listening to music, amateur photography and much more that a mobile phone can do.
Photo: Dimensions iPad mini 2 and iPad Air
We can say that these two tablets are not competitors to each other and both occupy a worthy place among their segment of buyers.
IPad Air and iPad mini 2 packaging and appearance
- Both devices are packed in a standard “shell” for apple products. This is a white laconic box.
- In both cases, the charger and adapter cable are included. Unfortunately, manufacturers did not provide for headphones in the kit.
- As for the devices themselves, they differ not only in size, but also in weight. A larger size also implies a larger weight.
- Both devices are very thin and have the same color gamut (gold, gray and silver).
Comparison of iPad Air and iPad mini 2 screens
Both devices have a Retina display, which works on the basis of the IPS-matrix. This means that you will have such a high resolution that your eye simply cannot see the pixels in the picture.
On both devices, the screens have a special coating that will protect the screen from prints or other contaminants. There is also no distance between the picture and the screen, which gives the appearance of its location directly on the device.
Both devices have two cameras: normal and front. Both have iPhone 5s camera specifications. It’s best to take pictures in the daytime under natural light. This guarantees maximum image quality.
- The amount of memory in both devices is from 16 to 128 GB.
- There is no support for memory cards.
- 1 GB RAM.
- The processor is 64-bit.
Conclusions: what to choose iPad Air and iPad mini 2 with Retina display?
As a conclusion, we can say that the devices have as many similarities as differences. In general, iPad Air and iPad mini 2 are two different devices that will suit people with different goals. One will replace a full-fledged laptop, and the second will become an improved version of your smartphone. What to choose is up to you.