What Is Removed When Restoring Iphone 5s
Sometimes when recovering, updating and synchronizing iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad in iTunes, unknown errors occur, and you can’t perform the necessary actions with the iOS device. In our reference guide you will find a decoding of the error and possible solutions.
Errors that occur during the recovery / update and synchronization process can be either software or hardware related problems in the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad: some are quite simple to fix (by rebooting the computer or changing the USB port), others require hardware repair.
ITunes errors occur when:
- device recovery;
- firmware upgrade;
- Sync iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with iTunes
- Downloading content from the iTunes Store / App Store.
ITunes Error Classification
- Communication Problems (Network Errors)
ITunes errors: 17, 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194, 3000, 3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3194, 3200.
Notifications may also appear:
- “An error occurred while loading the software.”
- “The device is not supported for the requested assembly.”
These errors and warnings appear when there are problems connecting the computer to the Apple update server or to the device.
ITunes errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1000, 1611, 9006, 9807, 9844.
These errors are caused by blocking the connection to Apple servers by antivirus, Windows firewall or firewall.
ITunes errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4005, 4013, 4014, 4016, “invalid response”, repeated request for recovery after its completion.
ITunes errors: (-1), 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 56, 1002, 1004 , 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667 or 1669.
They occur during hardware problems with the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: with a modem, with a Wi-Fi module, a power connector, a battery, and so on.
Common iTunes Troubleshooting Tools
Most errors in iTunes can be fixed by yourself:
- Uninstall or terminate programs on the computer that may block iTunes from connecting to the Apple update server.
- Disable security software while restoring or updating the iPhone and iPad.
- Use the original USB cable to connect iOS devices to the computer. Otherwise, this is possible. Try replacing it.
- Plug the device into another USB port. On a desktop computer, use the USB ports located on the motherboard. It is not recommended to connect iPhone or iPad to the USB ports on the multimedia keyboard, USB hub, or on the front panel of the system unit. errors may occur with the connection of the device.
- Completely remove iTunes and all its components using the “uninstallers”, Uninstall Tool (for Windows), for example. Then install the latest version of the program.
- Restore / update iPhone / iPad on another Windows or Mac computer.
The table is decrypted all known iTunes error codes when restoring, updating, synchronizing and downloading content from the iTunes Store and provides possible solutions.
Last data update: September 29, 2015
Changelog: 09/29/2015. Added “Standard iTunes troubleshooting methods”, updated information and added useful links.