In this practical guide, I will tell you how to uninstall an application on Android in various ways. This can be done without compromising the OS. You will also learn how to remove system (standard) and hidden applications. How to uninstall them from the internal memory or sd card.
The best programs to uninstall
Deletes standard and unnecessary applications
2. Clean Master
Allows you to clean Android from unnecessary applications, optimizes the system
3. System App Remover
Why uninstall apps from Android?
- The phone slows down, responds slowly to user actions. As a result, working with the phone is inconvenient, access to important functions is slowing down.
- There is not enough memory on the mobile device. This does not always happen because of the small amount of RAM, but because unnecessary applications are installed on the phone. Because of this, side and unnecessary functions work in the background.
- By removing unnecessary applications, you will focus on the most useful (of the remaining) and will not be distracted by unnecessary ones.
- Some developers introduce advertising into their products. a popup screen is displayed on the phone screen or lock screen (lock screen), which cannot be eliminated in any way, except for uninstalling the “culprit”.
reference. Uninstallation. removal of a mobile application (or computer program) from the operating system and from the storage device.
How to remove unnecessary applications from your phone
You can find the section with a list of installed programs on Android at: Settings. Applications.
Standard Android Application Manager Toolkit
In the “Applications” section, you can find out how much space this or that application takes, where it is installed. in the internal memory or on the sd card. The bottom of the screen shows how much memory the phone is free and occupied. By clicking on the line with the name, you will find out the cache size and data consumption in the OS.
User-installed applications can be stopped (i.e. unloaded from memory), deleted or transferred from the phone’s memory to the sd card (which is useful if you need to free up the phone’s memory).
On the SD memory card tab, a list of applications installed on the phone’s sd card.
In the section Running. useful information about how long a particular program is running, how much RAM is consumed. Thus, if an application is wasting resources, it can and should be deleted.
It should be noted that the standard Android tools are not suitable for mass removal of android-applications, although it is useful for a single removal of a package.
We advise you to try any third-party application manager for Android. There are a lot of cleaning programs on Google Play, and then we will consider the most sensible of them.
We delete applications through CCleaner
CCleaner is a simple but effective utility for uninstalling applications on Android. An intuitive interface allows you to delete everything unnecessary in a few clicks: applications and cache (sometimes taking hundreds of megabytes), apk installers and temporary files, other “garbage”. The full version of the application is free, but contains ads.
The sequence of steps to uninstall applications using CCleaner:
- Download and install the utility
- Go to the section through the main menu “Application management”.
- The tabs are distributed installed, system and disabled applications. Select the desired section.
- By clicking on the line with the application, information is available: name, program and cache size, installation date, version, etc.
- Select the elements and click on the Recycle Bin icon to remove programs from Android.
- Click again “Delete” and confirm the operation.
Through CCleaner, you can delete applications in batch mode, and not one by one, as the standard manager suggests.
CCleaner is suitable for regularly cleaning Android and uninstalling applications from the phone. Removing standard Android applications (such as Google Drive, Gmail) in CCleaner is not possible. neither with root access nor without it.
Clean Master. removal of standard and user applications
Clean Master is another program for comprehensively cleaning phone from debris: temporary files, duplicates and remaining data, which this or that application was too lazy to remove. Clean Master does not specialize in uninstalling programs, but it includes a module called Application Manager.
A batch mode for uninstalling applications on the phone is available here. In addition, you can manage apk packages and move applications from a memory card. This will help redistribute the space and clear the internal memory of the phone.
Uninstalling Android system applications in Clean Master is not available; you can only uninstall user-installed programs.
To remove the program through Clean Master, do the following:
- Download and install the application on Android
- After starting, press the Start button
- We go to the Tools. Application Manager section.
- Push buttons “Provide” and further “Allow” in the dialog that opens
- In the Clean Master application manager, check the boxes for applications that need to be removed from the phone.
- Push button “Delete” and OK to confirm uninstallation
- If you are not sure if you want to remove the application, click “Cancel”.
Removing system applications through System App Remover Pro
Removing Android system applications will help speed up the OS. However, it makes sense to take it only if you clearly know what you can delete. To do this, you will need root privileges and System App Remover.
We remove unnecessary applications from the phone
Through the System Applications section, you can delete what ordinary managers do not allow. However, we advise you to adhere to the recommendations of the uninstaller and deactivate only applications that have the mark “You can remove”. Otherwise, you can disable the Android OS or provoke system errors.
To remove Android system components:
- In the System App Remover menu, go to “System applications”;
- In the list, check off the items to be deleted;
- Press button “Delete”.
By the way, this method will help to remove uninstalled applications hidden in the standard Android manager, available only in safe mode. As an example, adware viruses and spyware.
Tip. If your goal is to free up space in the phone’s memory, we strongly advise against uninstalling system applications. It’s better to purchase a capacious memory card and install all applications on it.
System App Remover requires payment for its full-featured work in the pro version (in the free edition, ads are displayed at the bottom of the window). Symbolic 1.88 open access to functions:
- Management of system and user applications;
- Moving any installed application to an sd memory card or internal phone memory;
- Use as Recycle Bin for phone;
- Allows you to uninstall Android system applications;
- Batch uninstall mode: you can select only necessary applications with flags and delete them in a few taps.
- Flexible management of standard and user applications: sorting, filter by name, package name and path, search for applications and more.
What applications can be safely removed on Android
Note applications that make sense to remove in order to improve the performance of the mobile device.
- Remove social network clients. In particular, the Facebook / Messenger application consumes a lot of memory on Android, while you are constantly distracted by notifications.
- Feel free to remove unnecessary user programs. those that you installed yourself through Google Play or by downloading the apk file from an unverified source.
- Uninstall antivirus software. It would seem a controversial decision, but if you are confident in the safety of a mobile device or you do not have a special need for real-time protection, remove the antivirus.
- You can remove optimizers and cleaners. Programs like CleanMaster and DU Battery Saver are useful on an occasional basis. Over time, they begin to bother and hang dead weight in the Android RAM.
- Games are not only the main time killers: they occupy a significant amount of megabytes in the memory of a mobile device.
Last tip: install only the necessary applications on your phone
Leave only the necessary applications on your phone. Try alternatives, experiment, but always control what is installed.
If you install any program through the Google Play application, be sure to test it and make a conclusion: leave the program or delete it. On the one hand, this approach takes time and patience, on the other. you take care of your nerves. A phone loaded with dozens of applications will not work as fast as after a purchase.
Answers to readers’ questions
I can’t update the applications on the phone, they write that there is not enough memory. But I deleted some of them, besides the standard ones, and still I just can’t download and install anything. There are very few programs on the phone, but nothing can be done. What to do, why applications are not installed on the phone?
Answer. First tip. buy a capacious sd card. This is the easiest and fastest way to solve the problem with missing memory on your phone. You do not need to remove applications and constantly clean the memory to “carve out” space in the internal storage.
We also recommend that you carefully read the manual on how to uninstall applications on Android. Perhaps you need not only the Android application manager, but something more flexible, like the uninstaller from the Jumobile developer (see above). It will allow you to delete even hidden applications on your phone, as well as Chinese or system ones.
On the phone (Sony Xperia M4 Aqua) there are notifications that there is not enough memory on the phone. I decided to transfer some applications to the SD card and leave only the necessary Android applications in the internal memory. A little time passed and notifications began to come again, there was no more space on the SD card and I decided to clean it with my psycho, having forgotten about the fact that I had transferred the applications there and now the icons of these applications are lit on my screen, but I can’t enter them , and the SD card icon is lit on top of these icons. And most importantly, I can’t download the programs again and I can’t remove the application from the phone.
Answer. All applications transferred to the sd card (or even deleted user applications) can be easily returned. just go to Google Play and search for one or another program for Android, then click on the Install button.
You can transfer applications to the sd card as follows:
- Go to Settings. Applications (Application Manager).
- Go to the SD Card or USB Drive Section
- Find in the list the application that you want to transfer to the sd card
- Confirm action
By the way, removing unnecessary or transferring Android system applications in this way is impossible, this will require third-party programs such as Jumobile.
Installed a memory card on a smartphone, I want to download the application. It is not installed, writes: uninstall applications, not enough memory. Phone memory is full. How to remove unnecessary applications from Android?
Answer. If desired, you can remove unnecessary applications using CCleaner, CleanMaster or the application manager from Jumobile. The same utilities, by the way, will allow you to clear free space by deleting the cache, temporary files and other unnecessary data on the phone.
If the system memory is full of applications, it is better to transfer them to the sd card (I wrote above about how to do this).
I deleted some program on the phone. On the screen (in the lower left corner) the inscription “Safe mode” was highlighted. Some applications are no longer visible. I downloaded the Undelete recovery program, I can’t log in, but this program is installed on the Play Store. What kind of program could it be that caused problems after uninstalling it?
Answer. Perhaps you deleted the system application on Android or the installed program conflicts with the phone. Restarting the device helps to exit safe mode. If you still enter this mode after a reboot, try turning off the phone and turning it on with the power button and volume down while holding down.
Tip: do not delete system or user applications on Android without knowing their purpose. Removing can lead to serious consequences: you have to, at best, reflash the phone.