Good time! Just a huge number of questions are received both by e-mail and in the comments to articles on the forgotten (lost, changed by someone, etc.) iCloud email account and password. To be more precise, we are talking about the Apple ID, but this does not change the essence of the matter. In order to somehow systematize all this information, it was decided to write this article. So, if you do not remember (do not know) the password or e-mail on which your (or “someone else’s”) iPhone or iPad is registered, and you really want to activate it, then this instruction is for you!
A bit of history. With the release of the iOS 7 operating system, Apple introduced additional protection for all device owners from theft, loss, etc. Now, no one will be able to access the phone, as well as the data that is on it, if it does not know the Apple ID and password from it.
Whatever action you take:
- Hard Reset (full reset).
- Recovery using iTunes.
- Updating (raising or lowering) firmware.
- Entering DFU mode and subsequent attempt to flash.
- Parsing into small parts and replacing certain parts of the phone.
NOTHING helps! Do not trust people who promise to “hack” it for money (most often not small!). Remember. You can’t remove an Apple ID without a password. IPhone or iPad are tied tightly to registration data and only:
- The direct owner of the device that owns this information.
- Apple employee.
Speaking of bindings, they come in two forms:
- The system only requests an Apple ID and password when activated. Everything described below in the article will be devoted to this particular issue. In this case, there is hope for an unlock.
- Everything is the same, however, the loss mode (the so-called Lost Mode) is turned on, in this case you will see such an inscription. This iPhone (iPad) was lost and erased (can be translated as “This iPhone was lost and all data is erased”). In the very last paragraph of the article, there are two “excellent” tips for what to do in this case.
So, we have the first version of the development of events and there is no question of any mode, but you just forgot the password from iCloud (Apple ID) and the phone (tablet) was blocked after updating the firmware or resetting to factory settings.
What to do? How to remove the activation message? There are two ways:
- We go to the recovery page and try to do something there: specify the email address to which the Apple ID is registered, enter an additional e-mail address, answer the security questions. If you know at least something, then the chances of unlocking your iPhone increase!
- For those who don’t remember anything at all. We write (or rather call) Apple support. Here is a link to the contact page. We describe your situation in the most reliable and detailed way. Remember, people are sitting there and more often than not stupid! Most likely, after a short conversation, you will be asked to prove the fact that the device belongs and always belonged to you. How? Provide a photo of the box (of course, not just the packaging, but the place where the serial number is indicated), the serial number of the gadget itself, plus a purchase document (checks). If everything is in order and Apple employees will believe you, then iCloud Lock will be removed.
However, it may happen that this does not happen. Why? The fact is that just a huge number of people began to fake purchase documents and thus deceive the company. I don’t presume to judge whether this is good or bad, but the fact is clear. The number of unlocked devices by this method has decreased and each new application already initially causes distrust.
So this situation may happen. The iPhone or iPad really belongs to you, you have provided all the documents, and Apple employees refuse to remove Activation Lock. How to be Write in support (the last subtitle in this article will help you figure out how to do this) and tell them the whole story about how you forgot your iCloud password and want to unlock it.