Unlock iPad Air Forgot Icloud Password
It doesn’t matter which Apple tablet you own — iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini or even iPad Pro — no one is safe from a situation in which he can forget his super-reliable password or even block the device. In this case, in an attempt to find a way to unlock the iPad, do not try to poke all the password options that came to mind in a row, since after the sixth attempt the device is deactivated.
Do not waste your time, but rather think and remember how you organized work with your tablet — did you use iCloud or iTunes at least once, did you create backup copies, did you turn on the Find My iPhone feature on your device? By answering these questions, you’ll get faster access to your tablet.
So, let’s start saving your tablet.
If you have connected your “apple” tablet to your PC at least once, launched iTunes and synchronized, then here:
- Take the cable and connect the iPad to the computer.
- Launch iTunes and wait until the synchronization with your device is complete and a backup is created.
- After completing these operations, click the “Restore iPad” button.
- In the process of recovery to iPad, a screen with the initial settings should open. Find the option “Restore from iTunes copy” and tap on it.
- Go to iTunes and select your tablet, find one of the most relevant backups (focus on the size and date of creation).
- Wait for recovery to complete.
In step 2, iTunes may ask for a password, then try connecting to another PC with which you previously synced your tablet or go to the section on using recovery mode (see below).
If you encounter problems with synchronization and creating a backup in step 3, then use the instructions.
Using the Find iPhone service
If the “Find iPhone” service is activated, and your iPad is tied to an Apple ID, you can unlock it via iCloud: how to do this, I will describe by points.
Please note that, among other conditions, the tablet must be connected to a Wi-Fi network or to the mobile Internet, otherwise it will not be possible to detect it. So:
- Take another device or use a computer, in the browser follow the link.
- Log in using your Apple ID if required.
- Next, click “All devices” and select a blocked iPad.
- In the upper right part of the page, find the “Erase iPad” button.
- After deleting all the information, including the forgotten password, configure the tablet as new or restore the data from the backup. To do this, use the manuals and, accordingly.
Using recovery mode
If you have never heard of such “animals” as iTunes and iCloud, and the iPad has blocked and you need to do something, then do not panic. The last option remains. And here it remains to hope that you have a computer at hand.
- Download and install iTunes if it is not on the PC.
- Connect the locked tablet to the computer using the USB cable.
- Launch iTunes.
- Now hold and hold the Home and Sleep / Wake buttons at the same time. This will force you to restart the iPad. Hold the buttons down until the recovery mode screen appears.
- A small window should open in iTunes with suggestions to restore and update the tablet. Click “Restore”.
- It remains to wait until the program downloads and installs the software, and configure the iPad as a new device (this is described in the previous section and given a link to instructions).
If the boot process exceeds 15 minutes, the tablet will automatically exit the current mode: then repeat steps 4 and 5.
Well, actually, that’s all: I hope that you have found a suitable option for you, how to unlock the iPad, if it is locked.