TV Doesn’t See Wi-Fi
Why smart TV does not connect to wifi is a question that worries many owners of smart TV. The Smart TV option allows you to use the screen not only to watch programs and movies, but also to access the Internet. The most popular way to connect to the network is to use a wireless connection using Wi-Fi. This is one of the available options, as many companies produce panels already with an integrated module.
But there are often situations when a problem arises in the wireless connection. The TV can not connect to wifi. Such a malfunction can happen both at the stage of setting up the equipment, and after some time. The reasons why such a malfunction occurs are varied: perhaps the plasma does not see the router, or maybe the problem is in the incorrect configuration of the equipment.
Before finding out the main reasons why the TV does not connect to the Internet via wifi, the user needs to make sure that there was no mistake in setting up the equipment. Read also about TVs with Wi-Fi.
Internet connection scheme, via wifi:
- Enable Wi-Fi adapter (connection must be active).
- Go to the menu section.
- Select “Network”, and then “Network Settings”, here you need to specify the type of connection (wireless).
- In the list that appears, select the desired signal and click “Next”.
- Enter an individual password.
- The operation to establish a connection will begin, and then click “OK”.
- The wireless network has been established.
If the connection failed, then you need to consider other possible causes of the malfunction.
Why can not connect to the Internet
The most common causes of malfunctions:
- Network hardware setup was not performed correctly.
- Incorrectly configured TV itself.
- The problem is not with the technology, but with the ISP.
- Software crash.
- Problems in the settings of the Smart Hub program.
How to troubleshoot
Each problem requires an individual approach, the following is a list of the most common problems and how to solve them.
- The screen does not see the device. Options for resolving this malfunction: turn off all equipment, and then turn it on; reset network settings and update software.
- Another wifi network is to go to the network settings section and specify the correct data.
- Problems in the work of DHCP. Turn off the monitor, and then manually drive in the network settings.
- TV panel malfunction. If there is a malfunction in the equipment, then you need to update the software.
Another factor that can cause problems with the Internet is interference from other devices. In order for the adapter to “wifi” without interference, it must be installed at the greatest possible distance from possible sources of interference: air conditioning, microwave, telephone.
Problems with the built-in module
First of all, the user needs to make sure that his monitor supports Wi-Fi connection. If the screen is not equipped with such a function, then you need to purchase an external network distributor. When buying, please note that the adapter must be compatible with the user’s TV model.
How to check the module for a malfunction: depending on the TV model, the scheme for determining the problem may differ slightly (Samsung TV is taken as an example).
Verification of the correct operation of the Wi-Fi module is carried out according to the following scheme:
- You need to find out if the plasma panel sees another Wi-Fi technique. This can be determined using a mobile phone that has access to wireless Internet. This way will help to understand if the adapter is working or not.
- Go to the main menu of the screen, select “Support”, then “Calling Samsung TV ». Then you need to look at the characters in the address column, if the address consists of zeros or dashes, this indicates that the module is not working.
If the module is functioning, then in this case, experts recommend resetting the network settings.
How to reset network settings
On Samsung screens, this operation is performed according to the following instruction:
- Connect the plasma panel to the network.
- In the main menu, perform the following operation: press the info key, then the menu button, then the power key.
- After this procedure, the television system will open access to the service menu.
- Select the Option section, and then press Enter.
- Go to Factory Reset.
- Close the menu and turn off the TV.
- Turn on the screen again, and re-configure the data (change the name, pin code).
If the procedure for resetting the network settings is not successful, then it is recommended to take two additional steps:
- Manually change the value of the DNS server. Before performing the procedure, disable the DHCP option on the router.
- Then, the following algorithm of actions is required: press Control Sub Option Mute Time, set the time to another channel 100 ms (automatic settings make the installation 600 ms).
In order for the smart TV to function well, it is necessary to update the software on time. Below are ways to install the latest firmware on the plasma of the most popular brands.
- Go to the official portal of LG.
- Enter the name of the screen model.
- Open the “Support” section.
- Then open the “Software” tab.
- From the presented list of software, select the newest.
- Click on the link, the download of the software to the personal computer will begin.
- Create a folder and give it a name, move the downloaded firmware file there
- Copy to a USB flash drive, and connect to a TV.
- The SMART TV system will make a request for the update procedure.
- Confirm action.
- The firmware update for the lg TV was successful.
- Go to the TV menu, select “Support”.
- Open the “Firmware Upgrade” section.
- Select the “Update Now” tab.
- The screen will begin checking for new software.
- If a new version is available, then click Yes.
- The TV will start the firmware update procedure.
- After the update, the device will reboot.
The algorithm for updating software using a flash drive:
- On the company’s website download the latest version.
- Format the media on the PC to the FAT32 system.
- Transfer data to a formatted drive.
- Click “Extract”.
- Unpacking the file begins.
- When the operation is completed, remove the USB flash drive.
- Connect the drive to the plasma panel connector.
- Go to the device menu.
- Select the Support section and then the tab “Software Update. ” If this tab is not active, then try again in a few minutes.
- Click “Update Now”
- You will be asked to check the software on the drive, confirm the action.
- The procedure for determining the firmware on a USB flash drive will begin.
- Click “Update”.
- The installation of new software will begin.
- After installation, the TV will automatically reboot.
This is the basic information why the TV does not connect to the Internet, and in what ways you can solve this problem. Read also how to set up Smart TV on Sony and Philips TVs.
Many users face a problem when Sony Bravia does not connect to wifi. In this situation, you may stop catching the Internet in principle. To solve such problems, you can use a number of settings.
Network problems can be frustrating because they can lead to applications not loading, movies in the buffer, music not playing properly, or other errors.
Sony TV does not connect to WiFi
The device in question depends on the IP address of the router of the device for streaming audio or. If the device is assigned the wrong IP address, it causes network problems, such as inability to connect, errors when trying to connect, or inaccessibility of the service.
If the Sony TV does not connect to the wifi network, you need to check the network status of the device to make sure the IP address is correct.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME or MENU button.
- Select Settings.
- In the “Settings” category, select “Network”.
- Under Network Settings, select View Network Status.
The network settings of the device in question will vary depending on the model. You must read the manual to find specific information about the model.
Sony TV does not see wifi
If the TV stopped seeing only a specific access point, but sees others, then most likely the wireless router switched to a radio channel that is not supported by the TV.
Sony TVs on Android TV operate on Wi-Fi channels 1 to 11.
You should go into the settings of the router (access point) and manually set the Wi-Fi channel from 1 to 11.
The following factors can cause network problems:
- Incorrect password entered on the device when using a secure network
- Slow internet speed
- The distance from the router to the device
- Software Updates Performed on the Device
- Interference from other wireless devices, etc.
If a configuration failure occurs while retrieving Sony Internet content while trying to access the content, for example. Netflix or YouTube services, you must follow these steps to fix the problem:
- Check if the problem is resolved after completing each step.
- Check if an error message appears while accessing another online service or content.
Note! If the error occurs only when trying to access one specific service, this service may be temporarily unavailable. In these rare cases, you should try again later. If a network error occurs, writes Sony Bravia “Internet is not available,” you must adhere to the following algorithm.
- Check your Internet connection using another device, such as a smartphone or computer, to check if the Internet is accessible.
- Verify that your router or cable modem has an active wired or wireless Internet connection.
Some routers have a Wi-Fi Multi Media (WMM) setting that helps control the streaming of. If you are using a wireless connection, you need to change this setting to control the delay and jitter when transmitting content.
- If you use a wireless game adapter to connect, you should make sure that it is configured correctly.
- Reboot your router or cable modem.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet for a minute.
- Plug the power cord back into the power outlet and wait until the flashing lights show that the modem or router has completely restarted.
- Refresh Internet content.
- For TVs, perform network diagnostics.
Users of SONY equipment often encounter the Sony Bravia 2200 error. It manifests itself in the form of disconnecting a network connection when trying to access the World Wide Web. The TV refuses to download content. Error: 2200 appears regardless of the TV model: “Configuration failed when connected. An error has occurred. Try again later. Error 2200. “
Configuring DNS servers with error 2200
A 2200 message may appear on the TV when trying to access a network connection in the following circumstances:
- Lost internet signal
- Unstable internet speed
- Internets are not displayed
- Applications suddenly disappear when watching online.
To fix this problem (Sony Bravia is connected without the Internet), you must perform the following steps:
- Turn off the TV.
- Disconnect the power cord for the TV.
- Disconnect the power cords of the router and modem.
- Connect the power cords of the router and modem in two minutes.
- Connect the power cord of the TV.
- Turn on the TV.
- Five minutes later, update the Internet content of the TV several times.
When using a wireless router, the connection between the TV and the router may be unstable due to radio waves. If the Sony Bravia TV does not have wireless Internet, then in order to eliminate any possible radio wave interference, you must:
- Turn off the power of other wireless devices.
- Connect the TV to the router using a wired LAN connection.
To find out the reasons why, Sony TV does not see wifi, you should conduct network diagnostics. To do this, you need:
- Click on the network connection symbol at the bottom of the screen;
- Click on the network diagnostics in the window that opens;
- Wait until the check is over;
- In the section on troubleshooting network problems, look at the message about an unsuccessful attempt to correct the error in an automatic form.
The reasons for the lack of connection in automatic mode can be various factors. To solve the problem, you need:
- Try temporarily disabling the antivirus program (perhaps the reason is its incorrect operation);
- Restart the DNS client service along with shutting down the computer if the Windows client fails.
In those cases where the above methods do not have a significant impact on the situation, it is worth trying to reset the DNS cache by typing the WinR key combination and entering “ipconfig / flushdns”.
Listed below are a few basic and most effective ways to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
Reboot the TV and router
The easiest and fastest way to reboot is by pressing the appropriate button. It is not present on all router models and is designated as On / Off. It can be found in the connector area or on the back of the device.
- Press the button once
- To study the answer of light indicators. Changes should occur. Blinking. If this is not the case, press the button several times or hold it down. After the indicator stops flashing, turn on the device.
Manual indication of connection data
If automatic data acquisition is not possible, you must specify the connection information manually. To do this:
- In the built-in TV menu go to the Wi-Fi connection characteristics;
- Select manual settings mode;
- In the line “IP-address” enter any IP from the local range;
- In the line “subnet mask” indicate that part of the address range that will be used to address users on the local network;
- In the line “gateway” enter the address of the router used.
Resolving DNS Server Errors
To eliminate the error you need to do the following:
- In the “Start” menu, go to “Control Panel”, point. “Administrative Tools”, select the section. “Services”.
- Find the line “DNS client”, there should be an inscription: “It works”.
- If the line is empty. Move the mouse cursor, press the left button, call the context menu by clicking “Properties”.
- Next, in the column “Startup Type” indicate “Automatic”
- Click the “Apply” and “OK” buttons.
In a situation where the service is running and there is no network access, the following actions should help:
- Log in to the control panel,
- Open the tab: “Network and Sharing Center”;
- Click on the “restore” button;
- Choose a recovery point;
- Confirm action;
- When finished, restart the computer.
Using a different method of connecting to WiFi
Other best-known methods of connecting to Wi-Fi include:
- Using Android TV box;
- Application Plug AV;
- Internet TV set-top box (receiver).
Android TV box can connect via the available outputs for and audio, as well as via an HDMI cable. It allows you to play tracks,s and images in FULL HD on a TV screen.
To use Plug AV, you need to use 2 Home Plug AV adapters (in particular, TP-Link PA2010). Network connection is through a corporate or home electrical network.
An Internet TV set-top box is designed to watch from the Internet space on a TV screen. These devices are considered universal, because they are compatible with all TVs and can replace a DVD player.
Resetting occurs by rebooting the TV as follows:
- Press and hold the power button on the remote control for 5 seconds until the message “Power off” appears;
- Disconnect the AC power cable.
Note! If there is no positive dynamics, unplug the cable from the network and wait 2 minutes.
Change the location of the router
Sony Bravia does not see Wi-Fi, this may be due to several factors.
The distance of the router to the device is a factor to consider. To ensure maximum viewing comfort when streaming or listening from an audio application, make sure that the router is located next to the device.
They should not be more than 8 meters apart. If possible, install both devices in places where there are no walls between them.
Other wireless devices such as Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, microwave ovens, and radio frequency transmitting devices can also cause poor signal strength.
Finding problems with a WiFi router
The reason for the lack of connection may be a malfunction of the router or incorrect settings. For the first option, it is necessary to contact the service centers under the existing warranty, in the second case. To reconfigure the equipment.
To find problems with Wi-Fi, you must perform the following operations:
- Reboot the router;
- Turn off the power for 1 minute or more;
- Turn on the router.
Additionally, you can check the functionality of the router by connecting the Internet cable directly to the computer. If problems persist, you should contact your provider.
TV firmware update
To update the TV firmware, you must:
- Go to television settings;
- Select the link to update the software in the “Support” section;
- Wait for the message “update now” and confirm;
- After the automatic search is completed, confirm the installation;
- Reload TV technology.
The next time you turn on the device will work with updated software.
Replacing a WiFi adapter with an external one
If you do not want to use an Internet cable, you can purchase an external USB WiFi adapter. Connection to a computer is via a USB interface. To choose the right adapter, you should know what type is needed (for example, 802.11a, b, g, ac). They differ in frequency, data rate. The 802.11ac standard has the following characteristics:
- Frequency range 2.4-5 GHz;
- Speed of 600 Mbps.
Using cable connection
To connect the Internet through a cable, you must perform the following steps:
- Purchase a network cable of the required length;
- Connect one end to the LAN connector on the router;
- Connect the other end of the cable to a laptop / computer;
- Connect the LAn cable to the modem’s Internet connector;
- Wait until the LED on the router lights up.
After the steps you can go to the Internet space.
The lack of the ability to connect to the Internet on the TV may be due to a number of problems with both the TV itself and the router. This article shows the progressive steps for reconnecting.