Transferring Apps to Xiaomi SD Card
Moving by system means
Modern versions of Android, starting from 6.0, support the transfer of software to cards without additional funds. In them, the micro SD-scale is used as an extension of the internal storage, and the move function is built into the firmware.
To transfer the program from the memory of a smartphone or tablet to a card in Android 6.0 and higher, do the following:
- Open system settings and go to “Device”. “Applications”.
- Open with a short touch the menu (properties section) of the desired program.
- Tap “Storage” then “Change”.
- In the window “Change storage location” select “Memory card”.
The instruction is applicable to devices of many brands and models, but adjusted for individual characteristics. For some manufacturers, for example, Samsung, instead of “Storage” you need to go to the “Memory” section. For others, the “Transfer to SD” button is located in the menu of applications that support this function. Well, the third. just didn’t bother and refused to implement the transfer function in the firmware of their devices.
The ability to transfer applications to SD-cards “without intermediaries” also exists in very old versions of Android. 2.2 and below, and everything that appeared later. up to the sixth version, needs third-party tools, which will be discussed further.
Files To SD Card
A simple utility called Files To SD Card is designed to transfer files of different types to a memory card. graphics, video, music and, of course, applications. In addition, it allows you to select the SD card where new files are saved (by default, Android saves everything on the device).
Files To SD Card is used to offload the memory of mobile gadgets and back up data. Despite the fact that the manufacturer claims to support a limited number of devices: Lenovo A2010 LTE, Samsung GalaxyCore, Moto G, Vodafone Smart Prime 6, Nokia One and Sony Xperia M4, the utility runs on almost any smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 and higher. On most firmware everything works without root.
The file manager from the developer Best App is an improved explorer, replacing the standard file manager on smartphones and tablets for Android. Changing the installation location of applications is just one of its functions.
Other features of the File Manager include:
- Copy, paste, cut, move, delete, rename, load. that is, all the standard operations with files and folders.
- Integration with cloud services Google Drive, OneDrive and DropBox.
- Access to open resources on the local network.
- Clearing cache, junk data, duplicates.
- Sorting objects by categories.
- Transfer files over Wi-Fi to other mobile devices, computers and Smart TV.
- Analysis and graphical display of storage space utilization.
- Archiving and unzipping files. Support for all major compression formats: rar, zip, 7z, 7zip, tgz, tar, gz.
- Organizing and storing documents of various formats: doc, ppt, pdf and others.
Explorer is very lightweight and easy to learn, not overloaded with redundant functions, undemanding to hardware resources. Runs on Android 4.2 and higher. Some functions need root rights, but everything basic works anyway.
Mobile software for moving applications to SD
The AppMgr III utility (App 2 SD) is convenient in that it makes it possible to perform operations of the same type with several objects at once (batch control of the installed software). This is not only a change in the location of the software installation, but also:
- Clearing the cache and data of system and user programs.
- Batch viewing of offers on the Google Play Store, uploading the list of the selected to the device and installing from the list. Share the list with friends.
- Freezing and hiding unused software.
- Notifications about the possibility / impossibility of moving the software.
- Sorting installed software by size, name and installation date.
- Drag and drop to move and remove apps.
- Desktop widgets.
AppMgr III simplifies and speeds up many maintenance tasks for a mobile gadget, supports all versions of Android starting from 4.1, but is officially incompatible with devices of certain manufacturers, in particular Xiaomi. Operations with some objects require root rights.
How to Transfer Apps from Internal Storage to SD Card in Android
The “stomach” of the green robot is smaller than the thimble. Especially on devices with little memory. I fed him a dozen or two super-mega-necessary programs. and the place ran out. But. many of us have the opportunity to install a second “stomach” in the gadget and continue feeding further.
Today we’ll talk about transferring applications from internal memory to SD card in smartphones and tablets on Android.
Move to SDCard
The program with the simple name “Move to SDCard” pleases users with its simplicity and good results. In addition to the main function, which coincides with the name, the utility is able to:
- Move software from card to device memory.
- Sort apps by name, size, installation date.
- Display information about applications: installation location, date, time, size, name of the executable file (APK).
- Search for software on the device and on the Internet.
The utility is compatible with most brands and models of mobile gadgets, including deeply Chinese and very old ones (supports Android 2.3 and higher). Some functions require root privileges.
Which applications can and cannot be transferred
Among mobile applications there are some that can be transferred between drives and some that cannot. When you transfer a program to an external medium, some components remain in the same place. in the permanent memory of the device.
If the program is relatively autonomous and not too whimsical in terms of the location of files and data, it will remain functional. And if it is deeply rooted in the operating system, when the work of other structures depends on it, the transfer may end in failure. not only this program will stop working, but everything that interacts with it. For this reason, it is absolutely not worth trying to move system applications.
The portability of third-party products to microSD varies. It depends on whether the author of the program has provided this opportunity. They don’t write about it in the characteristics. everything is learned experimentally, but such experiments do not threaten with serious consequences. If after the transfer the program does not work, it is enough to return it to its place or reinstall it in the device memory.
An exclusive feature of the Link2SD utility is to move absolutely all user applications to SD cards, even those that do not allow it. The truth about whether the developer guarantees their further performance is not said in the description.
Other functions and capabilities of Link2SD:
- Changing attributes of custom software to system software and vice versa.
- Freezing unused software.
- Batch transfer of software to SD cards and device memory.
- Batch uninstall and reinstall programs, batch clear cache and data. Clearing the cache of all installed software with one touch.
- Removing Potentially Malware.
- Device reboot control.
- Creating custom shortcuts.
- Sorting installed applications by various parameters, search and much more.
Link2SD is more omnivorous than AppMgr III: it runs on any version of Android starting from 2.3, and Xiaomi devices are generally supported (although, according to user experience, not all). Most operations require root rights, it does not work on some firmware without root. The free version of the utility is pretty good. functional and convenient, but annoying with ads.
We need a smartphone running MIUI 10, as the steps below will only work on this version of the shell, and on MIUI 9 will crash and crash the Storage Settings app. The Android version plays absolutely no role. The method does not require root rights, third-party recovery, etc. All actions are performed by the built-in means of the mobile OS.
Attention! Before starting all the steps described, all data from the memory card must be copied to a computer, laptop, or uploaded to the cloud. In a word, you need to save all the data stored on the MicroSD in a safe place, since they will be completely and irrevocably deleted.
Find the “Activity launcher” application on Google Play and install it. For opponents of software from Google, the application was posted on the w3bsit3-dns.com forum under the name “Application Activator”.
A message will appear in the “Internal Memory” window stating that you need to format the USB flash drive before transferring applications. We select the item “Clear and format” and wait for the completion of the procedure.
In the “Storage settings” window, select the “Internal memory” item.
Select the item “SD-card”, and in the window that opens, click on the three dots in the upper right corner and select the item “Memory”. In some localizations, this item may be called “Memory Settings” or “Settings”. The “Storage settings” window opens.
We launch the installed application. On the first screen we see a list of the latest actions in the system. We are not interested in it, we need a drop-down menu at the top of the screen, where the inscription “Recent actions” appears now. Click and select “All actions”.
Launch “Downloads” (com.android.documentsui.LauncherActivity). If the conditions are met, you have version MIUI 10, and not MIUI 9, then the “Downloads” application will start, which differs from the usual one. There we are interested in the item “SD-card”.
After that, we are looking for the item “Documents”. It is worth noting that in some firmwares of third-party localizers (for example, miuiPro) this item is called “Files”.
Click on it, and in the drop-down list we are interested in the “Downloads” item with the package name com.android.documentsui.LauncherActivity.
We are waiting for the phone to process the list of all installed applications.
Portability varies by operating system and smartphone brand. Sometimes the ability to transfer by standard means is absent. To check for availability, go to Settings, then to Applications. If available, there will be a “Transfer to SD” button. If not, this button will be inactive.
The developers in MIUI 9 and beyond have removed the transfer through the use of settings. It is believed that one of the reasons for this decision is the significant increase in the amount of system memory in the latest Xiaomi models.
If the operating system on Redmi does not provide for transfer to the card, then in this case it is possible to use third-party applications for this purpose. The following will tell about the most popular of them.
This program is not difficult to find on Google Play and download. In order to carry out the transfer, you must perform the following steps:
- Launch the application on Android.
- On the main page, select the line “Latest applications”.
- As a result, a new menu will be shown, in which you must click “All actions”.
- After that, the program will begin to compile a list of all applications available on the smartphone. To do this, you will have to wait at least a minute.
- When the list is ready, look for “Documents”. In the list that opens, select “Downloads: com.android.documentsui.LauncherActivity”.
- This displays a new screen. On the left is a menu where you need the line “SD card”. A symbol consisting of three dots will be visible next to it. After clicking on it, select “Memory”, then. “Internal memory”.
- After a warning that the data will be erased, and the card is formatted, give consent and start the process.
- After the end of the formatting for the transfer of applications and data, everything will be ready.
For the program to be installed on the card, go to “Settings”, then to “Applications”. After selecting the desired line, open the application page. Press the “Storage” buttons, then. “External storage”. After that, the transfer of the program to the card will be carried out.
AppMgr III (App 2 SD)
There is no need to root when using this app. To carry out the transfer, you need to perform the following actions:
- Run the program. A list of installed applications will be shown immediately.
- Of these, choose the one that is planned to be transferred.
- Swipe your finger across the Xiaomi screen from left to right. In this case, a menu will appear on the left side.
- In the list, select an item related to moving the application.
Further, to complete the transfer procedure, you must follow the instructions of the program.
Transfer to memory card
It is possible to format the card so that the system treats part of it as internal memory. In order to do this, you need to prepare the following:
- The Activity Launcher application must be installed on the smartphone.
- You need to download the script aftiss_b2 to your desktop or laptop. To do this, you can, for example, use the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XvMF69PIycqgkvTVIshDcoWaUKAmeU07/view.
- Class 10 SD card must be prepared for operation.
Requires a laptop or desktop computer.
The transfer is performed as follows:
- To start the procedure, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer. In this case, you must use the menu for developers and at the same time enable the option “Debugging via USB”.
- The SD card is inserted into the slot of the phone. It is important to remember that if it is not new, you need to format it. This is best done on a computer. This can be done using a card reader.
- The smartphone is connected to the computer. Choosing the USB operating mode, go to the “File Transfer”.
- Now you need to use the prepared in advance script “aftiss”. They launch it. After that, a console window opens. The user is offered a choice of which part of the card will be reserved for system memory. The following options are offered: 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%. After the appropriate option has been selected, the execution of the script will continue. When finished, its final message will be “Done =)”.
- After that, press Enter and disconnect Xiaomi from the computer.
Now the smartphone will perceive not only the one that it has, but also a part of the card as a system memory. You can check this by looking at the amount of free memory on the SD card. The residual volume should be shown there.
Application porting methods
To save space, they transfer some of the installed applications from it to external memory. Sometimes this is done completely, and sometimes only partially. The following is a detailed description of how you can move applications to the SD card on Xiaomi.
In addition to taking care of saving system memory for installing programs, you need to take into account that sometimes you need to reflash your phone. In this situation, Xiaomi’s memory card will be cleared. If the programs are on the card, then they will remain unchanged.
Unfortunately, it may turn out that the smartphone is broken and cannot be restored. In this sense, all information from system memory will be lost.
Some programs can quickly fill up free space. This is especially true for active gamers. If you manage to transfer all the games or at least some of them to an external medium, this will significantly expand the owner’s ability to install applications.
Transferring applications with “Clean Master”
In order to do this, do the following:
- Open the program.
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- A list of those installed on the smartphone appears. Each line of the list has a place for a check mark. It should be noted those applications that are transferred to the card.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can see the Move button. You must click on it to transfer the program.
However, in some cases, the button for performing the transfer operation may not be available. In this case, you will not be able to move using the program. It must be remembered that this method of transfer is not the only one.
Transfer Apps to Xiaomi Card
There is a convenient opportunity to increase the available memory by transferring applications to the Xiaomi SD card. Let’s talk about it in detail.
Possible errors and solutions
When transferring to a card, you need to understand that this not only helps to solve problems, but can also create inconvenience. The speed at which the program located on the card runs is slower compared to the system memory. Therefore, after the transfer, it may turn out that the speed has become lower.
This is especially true for gaming programs (they usually consume more resources and in some, the player’s reaction speed is important).
This will allow you to use a high quality card made with modern technology.
After the transfer, it may turn out that the icons disappear from their places.
After a part of the card is attached to the Xiaomi system memory, the operating system settings will show the previous volume. It cannot be changed. However, despite this figure, the amount of internal memory will be increased.
The internal memory of the smartphone for installing programs can be increased using the methods outlined in the article. After that, the owner of the phone installs more of the necessary programs than was available before.
Moving using the Clean Master utility
This method is simple, but not suitable for all models.
- Download and install the “Clean Master” program in the Play Market
- In the utility itself, go to the “Application Manager”
- Check the boxes that you want to transfer.
- Click on the “Move” button
Moving apps through system parameters
Starting with MIUI 10, Xiaomi developers have removed the ability to transfer applications through system settings. Manufacturers in this way direct buyers to purchase options with a large amount of internal memory (more expensive solutions), since programs take up a significant part of the space. However, if you have MIUI 9 or lower firmware on your smartphone, then this method is suitable for you.
It is necessary to perform the following actions:
- Go to Application Settings (Select the application for transfer);
- If the system allows moving the application, then the option “Transfer to SD-card” will be available
We repeat these steps with all programs that you want to store in external memory.
Ways to transfer applications from smartphone memory to SD card
There are many ways to move applications. It is necessary to choose a method based on different parameters:
- MIUI version.
- Transfer via phone settings or computer.
- Moving through settings or third-party utilities.
Let’s consider each method separately.
Transferring applications to SD memory card in Xiaomi
With each new generation of Xiaomi smartphones, there is an increase in the internal memory of devices. So, the developers offer options up to 256 gigabytes. But the price of such versions is quite high. Xiaomi proposes to use the SD memory card slot as an alternative to internal storage. It can be combined (with a SIM card) or separate.
Consider the following when using any application porting method:
- The speed of programs and games on external media is lower than on internal memory.
- Desktop icons may disappear or move after moving programs and games. To prevent this, it is recommended to activate the “Protection against changes” option in the desktop settings in advance.
- Storage may not display actual memory size.
Fоldеr Mоunt (RООT) program
This method is universal, but not the simplest and most elementary.
- Download and install the program “Fоldеr Mоunt (RООT)” in the Play Market
- Open the downloaded program and swipe to the left.
- In the menu that appears, select “Application Analyzer”
- We activate “dаta” or “obb”
- Click “Create a pair” and confirm the action.
- Select the destination of the movement and click on the checkmark.
- After completing the transfer, you need to return to the main menu of the program and activate the slider between the program and the designated folder on the SD card.
How to get the internal memory back to normal?
If you want to roll back all the actions for transferring applications and free up the SD card, then follow the instructions below:
- Transfer all programs and games back to the device memory (the actions depend on the method you have chosen, it is enough to repeat them, choosing the device memory instead of external storage).
- Reboot your phone.
- Go to Settings Storage Memory card and click on “Erase SD card”;
- Confirm your actions and restart the device again.
Why you need to transfer applications to an SD card?
Benefits of transferring programs from internal memory to external storage:
- Replenish space if the free space of the internal storage has run out. Also on this topic it will be useful to study the article 3 ways to clear memory on Xiaomi.
- Preservation of important files if, for example, you need to reflash a device or a smartphone cannot be repaired.
Transferring applications using a computer
This method is the safest and is suitable for any Xiaomi model. Here we are talking not just about transferring applications to SD-media, but about expanding the internal storage as a whole. Combining the internal memory and a certain percentage of the SD card is done. To transfer you will need:
- Activity Launcher utility on a smartphone.
- A script unpacked on a computer in advance (you can download it from the link).
Now follow the instructions:
- On the smartphone, go to Settings Advanced settings For developers and activate the “USB debugging” slider
- Insert SD card.
- We connect the smartphone to the computer via a USB cable.
- On the phone, select the transfer mode. “File Transfer”
- Run the aftiss script on the computer
- In the window that appears, under the numbers, the percentage of external storage memory that will be embedded in the phone is displayed: 1. 25%, 2. 50%, 3. 75% and 4. your value.
Other transfer methods
Let’s consider how to move applications to a Xiaomi memory card using other software:
Clean Master. download the program, launch it, select the “Application Manager” item. Select the ones you need and click “Move”.
App Mgr III. After installing and running the program, we swipe to the right, select “Move applications”, then select applications from the list and follow the instructions;
Link2SD is a convenient and functional program. The transfer scheme is extremely simple. In the software list, you just need to select the applications you want, click on “Move to SD”, and then confirm this action.
Transferring Apps to Xiaomi Memory Card
How to transfer apps to Xiaomi memory card? What are the ways to move software? What are the benefits of using external media to store applications? Read below.
Modern Xiaomi smartphones are full-fledged multimedia devices with great functionality and ample internal storage. However, the internal memory does not always cope with the huge amount of necessary content and software. To ensure a comfortable use of the device, use the transfer of applications to the Xiaomi memory card. To do this, you must use a special scheme, which will be discussed below.
Xiaomi smartphone: applications to the memory card
The algorithm for further actions is as follows:
Click on the “Documents” line (in some firmware versions it may be called “Files”).
In the list that opens, select “Downloads” com.android.documentsui.LauncherActivity.
We launch this package.
In the list, click on the line “SD card”.
In the window that opens, click on the three dots located in the upper right part.
The sub-item “Storage settings” opens, in it we click “Internal memory”.
A new window displays information about the need to format the microSD card Click “Clear and Format”.
The preparation process for the move is complete. Now, in the settings menu item, you need to click “All applications”, select the largest ones one by one and transfer to an external drive.
In addition to cleaning up internal storage, transferring applications to a memory card has a number of other benefits. For example, you can save the programs you need in the event of a complete reset or flashing the device (all data is erased from the internal storage). In addition, in the event of a smartphone breakdown, you can simply install the card in another device and use the already installed applications.