Transfer Whatsapp From Iphone To Iphone
If you decide to change your iPhone to Android smartphone, then you need to transfer all personal data from the old smartphone to the new one. In this article we will talk about 3 ways to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via Email
- First of all, go to the “Settings“In the WhatsApp application on your iPhone, then click on”Chat settings“And then select”Email chat” from the list.
- Select the WhatsApp chat history you want to transfer. A window will appear with a message that the attached media files (i.E. Images, videos, etc.) will be sent by e-mail. If you want them to be transferred, then click on “Attach media“Otherwise click on”No media“.
You now have the option to view old WhatsApp emails. However, you cannot sync WhatsApp messages from iPhone to your Android device. To do this, use other methods.
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android using Backup
- First you need to backup WhatsApp on your old device, i.E. On iPhone. Go to the “Settings“In the WhatsApp application on the iPhone, then click on the”Chat Backup“. Here you can see the latest backup or create a new one by clicking the “Back up“.
- Uninstall WhatsApp on iPhone.
- Install WhatsApp on Android, and register using your old phone number. The “Backup found“. Click on the “Reestablish“, After which all messages from WhatsApp on the iPhone will be transferred to the Android device.
Method 3: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to your Windows computer.
- To do this, connect the iPhone to the computer (The note: Do not start iTunes. If it turns on automatically, close the program). Open command line (press the key combination “WIN R” and write cmd). Then find the folder named “Whatsapp“. You can use the command “dir“To see the contents of the folder, or the command”dir \ a“To see all the contents (including hidden and system files), as well as the command”CD [folder]“To change the directory.
- Copy the WhatsApp folder using the command copy [folder on iPhone] [folder on computer].
- Transfer WhatsApp messages to your Android smartphone.
- Connect the Android device to the computer via a USB cable. Copy the backup file from your computer to a folder on your Android device.
- Restore your WhatsApp backup.
- Launch WhatsApp on your Android device and log in using your phone number. You will receive a notification that a backup was found. Just click on “Reestablish“. In a few seconds, all your messages will be available on Android.
Thus, using one of the presented methods, you can transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Transferring Whatsapp messenger data from iPhone to Android is a fairly common problem that people experience when using the application if they want to save the necessary information: not only chat files, but also other things (we wrote about transferring Vatsap messages from iphone to iphone separate article). Better yet, to get started, download the free Vatsap on Android on our site and only then understand its many, but not so complicated functions.
It is probably difficult to imagine a situation where a person who is used to iPhone suddenly decides to change it to a smartphone with Android, but nevertheless the question of how to transfer a backup copy of whatsapp files from ios to the android system is relevant for many.
The whole process can be performed in several ways.
How to transfer Vatsap data from iPhone to Android?
Using iCloud. This option is suitable for those who have the latest version of the apple smartphone. Backup is done step by step:
- Go to icloud
- Go to the section “Backup” / “Storage”
- It remains only to wait until the save ends automatically (that is, it should reach the cherished “OK”).
Then we launch a new gadget, where we must complete the restoration of the information that was previously transferred to the archive.
Video: Transfer Whatsapp From Iphone To Iphone
How to transfer Whatsapp chat history from iPhone to Android
In this option, we use email, we outline a few simple steps:
- On the old device go to “settings” and. “send chat by mail”;
- So that the transfer of whatsapp correspondence history from iPhone to Android is correct, do not forget to indicate. “Attaching data will increase the size of the message”;
- Then indicate the email address and select “Send”.
Via the Restore option
You can also transfer whatsapp messages from iphone to android via the “Recover” function:
- We make a backup copy of all conversations in Vatsap on the old gadget (see how to send by mail);
- Quietly delete our messenger from the old phone;
- On the new device, open Vatsapp, log in to your account and indicate your phone number;
- After installation, the program will show a message with a proposal to restore the old info; We agree. And everything will turn out as you wanted.
A similar operation can be performed using third-party software for the computer. The utility is called Backuptrans WhatsApp Transfer for our mobile platforms. You just need to connect both of them to the computer and make all the settings: launch the messenger on the apple gadget and see the conversation history, right-click on the apple device on the PC and select the option you want to transfer information.
You can use any of these methods that you find most comfortable and simple.
Advantages of Vacap:
- This is the most popular application among similar programs in the world;
- Simple and intuitive interface, no unnecessary trickery. Only functionality and style;
- There are not only text messages, they can be supplemented with embedded media files (How many minutes of video can be transferred to Votsap. Read here);
- There is a web version for keyboard followers;
- User base. You can be sure that you will be able to chat with almost every subscriber from your book with contacts on your smartphone.
Thank you for your interest in our materials! Have a nice chat!
I made a backup on an iPhone. I downloaded the download on android, but in the proposed sources of history recovery only google drive. How can I get to icloud with android now ?? Reply ↓
The article is completely useless. Ignorance of the author of the elementary settings of IOS and ANDROID, who advises to change something on the phone, can lead to sad consequences Reply ↓
"It is probably difficult to imagine a situation where a person who is used to an iPhone suddenly decides to change it to a smartphone with Android. " if the person is completely finished, then yes, it is difficult to Reply ↓
I don’t even have such items on the menu on the iPhone. Info is completely useless Reply ↓
Maybe because it will be for 2018? Ayos after that was updated)) and now it looks different: 1. Go to the settings 2. Click on your profile from above 3. There you go into icloud and choose what you need in a copy
WhatsApp is a freeware messenger that supports text and voice communication, allows you to exchange media files and allows you to instantly switch between different platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS) and always stay in touch without losing any contacts or correspondence. But what about situations if the “automatic” transfer did not work? Do you need chats right now? Answers to questions will have to be found in a special instruction.
Transfer to iPhone via iCloud
WhatsApp developers (Facebook guys) immediately remind you that the messenger does not store information about recent chats on servers, and therefore is not able to return lost messages or find a photo sent several years ago. For such miracles: transferring WhatsApp chats from iPhone to iPhone is only possible with iCloud cloud storage, where, firstly, you can back up all chats, contacts, sent and downloaded media files at any time, and secondly, download and restore already on another Apple smartphone. Before starting the procedure, you need to make sure of two things:
- The iOS version is relevant and not “younger than” 7, and iCloud Drive is activated in the iCloud Settings;
- There is enough free space to save correspondence. The number of megabytes or gigabytes required is displayed even before the start of the backup, and therefore no surprises will happen.
And yet. It is really possible to recover data from iCloud only when logging into the same account, but on a new device! No other options are provided.
If the listed nuances converge, then it’s worth starting the business immediately, namely:
- Open the WhatsApp messenger and click on “Settings” (gear icon) on the bottom quick access panel;
In the menu that appears, open “Chats”, and then. “Backup”;
The messenger immediately calculates the required amount of space in iCloud, allows you to save video and video, in addition to text and images, and at the same time offers to generate new copies for successful synchronization in automatic mode. Daily, weekly, monthly;
Transfer chat on Android
The method described above is aimed exclusively at owners of Apple technology, as it uses the iCloud cloud storage, which is almost useless in the walls of Android. And, if there was a desire to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android, then the actions will have to be slightly different:
- At the bottom of the WhatsApp quick access menu, click on “Chats” and select any correspondence;
In the opened interface with text messages and attachments, click on the contact name;
Then point to “Export chat” and choose how. With or without media files;
The last step is the choice of transmission method. There are several options available. Send a message by e-mail, save in the “Files” or drop it into a neighboring messenger. In any case, the information is easily transmitted and restored.
Of the minuses of the method is the obligation to repeat the same actions ten times in a row, if there are too many chats, then it is very difficult to maintain a monotonous flow.