Transfer Data From One iPhone To Another
How to quickly transfer data from old phone to new phone, to SD card and computer: step-by-step instructions with detailed explanations
Phone replacement can be a serious problem for the user. On them, where the memory capacity exceeds 16 GB, the whole life fits: from personal to business. The vault contains business contacts, photos and videos, documents and other files that are difficult or impossible to recover.
Everyone will be delighted with a new phone, but using it without familiar applications and information is difficult. Modern technologies will help you quickly transfer the necessary files without wasting a lot of time. You can transfer everything, from photos to correspondence in WhatsApp. The necessary files will be transferred to another phone, except for the registry entries.
Modern users rarely store music files on their smartphones. For this, social networks or applications for listening to audio recordings are used. The most popular ones are:
- Music Play;
If the music library is stored in one of these applications, there will be no export problems. You just need to download the program on a new phone and log into your account.
If the files are stored on your phone, you will have to resort to one of the data transfer methods. It is best to transfer files through a memory card. If your old or new smartphone does not support an SD card, you will have to use the cloud storage. For this, there are both branded programs that are already preinstalled on the smartphone, and third-party applications. The most popular ones are:
- iCloud is a proprietary utility from Apple that allows you to sync files from your smartphone;
- Mi Cloud. an application on smartphones from the Chinese brand Xiaomi;
- Google Drive. storage space for system backups on Android phones;
- Yandex Disk. an application from Russian developers with 10 GB of free storage and the possibility of a paid expansion;
- Dropbox is a third-party cloud that can host up to 2GB for free.
Music can be transferred to a new smartphone via a computer. To do this, connect the device via a USB cable and select the “Data transfer” connection type on your smartphone. After that, you just need to save the necessary files in a folder on your computer. Then disconnect the old mobile phone, and connect the new one to the cable. Paste previously transferred files into the root folder of the smartphone.
The Android operating system was created by the American company Google, which provided a special program for storing data. With it, users will not have to take additional steps to access their files from any device.
To do this, you need to create an account. Often, owners of Android phones create it when the device is activated. If this was not done in advance, you can create a profile through the settings at any time:
- Go to the “Settings” application (on phones of different companies the names of applications and items are different, but remain logically similar).
- Find the section “Users and accounts” and click on the plus or select “Add new account”.
- Step by step fill in the opened fields: “e-mail”, “Name”, “Surname” and go further.
- Come up with a new username. The main requirement is uniqueness. If the system has an account with an identical login, the error “This name is already taken” will be displayed. Also, the nickname will be linked to the @ gmail.com mailbox, which is created automatically when registering an account. It will receive news related to Google. After confirming the username. go further.
- In the window that opens, enter the password, which consists of at least 8 characters. If the password contains at least 1 uppercase letter, number and special character, the program will generate an error. The resulting combination must be recorded in a safe place. It will be problematic to restore it, especially if the account is not tied to a phone number.
- Enter the phone number and confirm it using the code that will come in the SMS. This step is not necessary, however, linking to the number makes the account more secure and will not allow attackers to change the password unnoticed.
The main advantage of using a Google Account is the ability to synchronize phones and quickly transfer information between them. This can make it easier to switch from one phone to another. After downloading the backup on a new device, the necessary files will be downloaded automatically and displayed in the storage.
Synchronization is done on demand or automatically by downloading files at a specified period. To run offline system backups:
- Go to the Settings app and look for Synchronization. This menu usually contains information about the profiles stored on the phone.
- Find Google in the drop-down list. If this is the main account in the operating system, it is automatically displayed at the top of the list on some phone models. For example, in the MIUI branded system from Xiaomi, the Mi Cloud application will be displayed in the top, because it is this that is the main one for creating backups and transferring them from Android to Android.
- The menu that opens shows the content types that are available for synchronization. The most frequently used ones are: “Documents”, “Contacts” and “Calendar”. Having set up an automatic download of information, the user just needs to log in to the new phone and enable synchronization. After that, all information saved in the cloud will be automatically loaded.
We transfer contacts, calls, SMS, photos and videos to your phone
Most of the information on the phone is stored on SD cards. However, they are not available on all models. Since the beginning of 2017, a fashion has appeared for flagships in which memory expansion is not provided. The most prominent representatives of phones without the ability to insert a memory card are the iPhone.
Apple phones have never been released with storage expansion in mind. Due to these features, data transfer causes a serious headache, especially if their volume exceeds 100 GB.
But thanks to special programs, phone owners do not even have to install additional software: you can transfer contacts, calls, SMS, photos and videos through the native utilities of the phone based on Android and iPhone.
All ways to transfer data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi (Mi Mover, Mi Drop, Mi account)
The Chinese brand Xiaomi cares about the convenience of its users. Even for data transfer, Xiaomi has provided many options that will save time and nerves.
The most popular among them is Mi Cloud. It is a cloud storage that permanently stores files from your phone. Recovery through this source is considered one of the easiest and fastest ways.
Mi Cloud is natively installed in all smartphones with MIUI shell.
To set up synchronization via Xiaomi branded cloud storage:
- Go to the settings, find the “Accounts” section.
- Find “Mi Account” and go to it.
- If you are not signed in, log in using your e-mail or phone number.
- After that, log into Mi Cloud.
- In the application that opens, select the content types of interest and enable synchronization in them. If it is disabled for all file types, a message will appear at the top asking you to enable autosave. To avoid having to choose specific data types, set up sync for all files with one click.
- If you need only contacts and messages to be in the cloud storage, for example, enable autoload for them optionally by going to the section of interest.
- After the download is complete, connect to Mi Cloud on another phone and the files will automatically download.
Another tool for transferring information is Mi Drop, which is available on all Xiaomi smartphones, where the MIUI proprietary shell is installed starting from version 7. To transfer files in this way, you will not need anything other than Wi-Fi. The program is focused specifically on data transfer, so there are no unnecessary functions in it. To transfer files to a new smartphone using Mi Drop:
- Open the app on two phones.
- On the main, select the files, including applications, that you want to transfer to your new device.
- Click on the “Submit” button, which will start a search for nearby devices.
- Confirm the file transfer on both smartphones and wait for the export to complete.
The third application with which you can switch to a new phone without losing information is Mi Mover. Like previous utilities, it is already in the smartphone. The user does not have to download and configure anything. The main thing is that before transferring data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi, you need to make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on. At the same time, you can quickly transfer many files to another device in one action, along with a system backup.
Unlike previous methods, Mi Mover requires the simultaneous presence of two smartphones in close proximity, because to connect, you need to read the QR code. To transfer files:
- Go to the Settings menu and find the Advanced section where Mi Mover is located.
- Assign roles: recipient and recipient, respectively.
- A QR code will appear on the recipient’s smartphone. To read it, you need a special application, which is already preinstalled on all Xiaomi smartphones released after 2017. The code must be read by the sending smartphone.
- Wait for the process to complete.
You can transfer data from Xiaomi to computer and then transfer it to iPhone via iTunes. In this case, the scheme for downloading files from a smartphone will be similar to the above-described uploading content via USB.
Transfer data from one iPhone to another
Like Xiaomi, Apple tries to put the convenience of its users first. When you activate your smartphone, iCloud sync is automatically turned on. This allows you to quickly transfer data from iPhone to new phone. It is important to ensure that there is enough space in the storage for all files, otherwise at a crucial moment it turns out that only part of the content is in the cloud. Manufacturers have provided for the possibility of expanding the volume, but any changes are paid.
To transfer files to a new IOS smartphone, the user does not have to do anything. It is enough to log in to another device and the system will automatically start downloading all iCloud content only if the smartphone is connected to Wi-Fi. Otherwise, it will offer to restart the process later, if there is a wireless network. This decision is justified, because downloading a large amount of information via 4G can take much longer.
Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
To transfer their files to IOS, Google OS users will have to install an additional utility. Since the systems are different, initially they do not provide for the possibility of switching from one smartphone to another. Most often, this is done using the “Move to IOS” application, which is available for download on Google Play. After completing the installation on both devices, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, then:
- On iPhone, go to “Settings” and find the “Applications and Data” section, where the item “Transfer data from Android” is located.
- Enter the “Move to IOS” application from your Android smartphone and click on the “Continue” button. The user agreement will appear on the screen, which must be accepted and clicked “Next”.
- Find Code Finder and run it. The field is reserved for numbers that appeared on the iPhone. At this stage, sometimes a message appears that the Internet quality is too low. The warning does not have to be taken into account: it does not affect future work.
- After successfully connecting, select the files to be displayed on the new smartphone. When all the files are selected, you need to click the “Next” button, the process of downloading information to the new phone will begin. If the size of the selected files exceeds 50 GB, the developers recommend connecting the devices to the power supply. transferring system and content backups consumes battery power.
How to transfer data to a memory card
If the broken smartphone and the new product support SD-flash drives, you can transfer information through it. The content on the card is exported through the “Explorer”. You cannot cut and paste files: this will delete system folders, which means Android will stop working.
You can transfer videos, photos and music, but you need to mark them in the appropriate folders or find them in one of the manager’s tabs. Visually, the guides differ, but all modern phones have such a tab. For example, in smartphones from Xiaomi in the “Explorer” application, a page automatically opens with the sorting of files by type: photo, video, documents, music, ARC, downloads and archives.
To transfer data from phone to memory card:
- Insert SD stick into device.
- Go to File Explorer and select the files you want to export. You can move them in stages. For example, first go to the “Video” tab and transfer files of this type to the USB flash drive. Then repeat the steps with music, photos, ARC, documents, SMS and mms.
- When the necessary files are selected, click on the “Copy” button that appears below. There is an option to just cut, but they will disappear in the starting folder. If you are doing this for the first time, it is not recommended to cut the files right away. with any error, restoring them can be a problem.
- When everything is copied, go to the SD card folder, which is separately located in the “Explorer” and click “Paste”.
- After the download is complete, all content will appear on the removable media. It can be removed from the smartphone and moved to another device. The only requirement for a new smartphone is support for SD cards.
There are two types of programs that are stored on smartphones. The first one is installed via downloaded ARC files from third-party sources. This type of application is located in the phone’s storage, and can be transferred to the SD card as described above. After moving them, you will have to reinstall them. registry entries will remain in the system of the old phone, and only the installation files will appear on the new gadget. This type of program only works on Android.
The second type of files is virtually impossible to transfer. They are downloaded through official sources such as the Play Market and App Store. Files of such programs cannot be transferred separately from the ARC phone.
However, there is good news for those who store a lot of programs on their phone. Android keeps a record of everything downloaded from the Play Store. Music, movies and games can be restored along with a backup by simply connecting to your account, as described above. Synchronization must be enabled for this. However, applications are slightly more difficult to restore: they will have to be manually downloaded again. To make this process as easy as possible, Google has created a My Apps & Games tab in the Play Store. There are 3 lists in this section:
- “Updates”. programs installed on the phone that have new versions;
- Installed. general list of applications that are available on the phone;
- “Library”. programs that have ever been downloaded.
It is guided by this list that the owner of a new phone will be able to completely restore the files of their ARCs and immediately download them.
If the application is never installed again, you can simply remove it from the library. To add it back, just download it again using the search.
When transferring managers, for example, Viber to another phone, their entire history is loaded automatically from the backup versions saved on their official servers.
A person who is looking for an answer to the question of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another iPhone, most likely, he will have to take care of creating a backup first. This is all the multimedia data of the old device, placed in the cloud or in a separate file for further recovery.
Sometimes the operation takes several tens of minutes, as the user has to back up a large number of files. But in some cases, you can avoid wasting time by refusing to create a backup. This applies to situations when a person purchases a new smartphone where the operating system iOS 12.4 or later is installed.
You will definitely need to create a backup in two scenarios:
- when a person is going to transfer files from an old iPhone to a new one with iOS3 or lower;
- if the transfer is carried out to an already used smartphone (regardless of the OS version), which you do not want to reset to factory settings.
If one of the presented scenarios corresponds to the situation of the iPhone owner, he can make a backup using the following instructions:
- Open phone settings.
- Go to the “iCloud” section.
- Click on “Backup”.
- Activate the “iCloud Backup” slider.
- Click “Create Backup”.
- Wait for the end of the process.
While the backup is being created, the iPhone must be connected to the Internet. Ideally, unlimited Wi-Fi, since uploading files to the server uses traffic. After all the data has been downloaded, you can start transferring information through the cloud storage iСloud or iTunes. We will tell you more about how to do this in the next part of the material.
Transfer data directly from one iPhone to another
For direct data transfer, an important condition must be met. both devices must have iOS 12.4 and higher. If this is not the case, you will be able to transfer files only by restoring a backup from iCloud or via iTunes. The situation is similar with a purchased device that is already activated.
Owners of iPhones on iOS 12.4 can perform direct transfer in two ways:
- without wires;
- by cable connection.
The first scenario is performed most often because the user does not have to worry about purchasing an additional cable. But transferring files over the wire makes the transfer much faster. So to speed up the process, it is recommended to purchase an additional Lightning-USB 3 adapter for connecting a camera and a Lightning-USB cable.
The Lightning to USB 3 adapter must be connected to the Lightning connector of the old device using a 12W or higher power adapter, and the Lightning to USB adapter to the new one. Regardless of the chosen method of direct file transfer (by wire or without it), the owner will have to use the iPhone migration function. We will tell you about how it works in the next paragraph of the material.
Through iCloud cloud storage
One of the few options for moving files when using an older version of iOS. For a successful transfer via iCloud, you will need to create a backup first. How to do this was described at the very beginning of the material.
After completing the preliminary procedures, there are several steps left to take:
- Turn on a new smartphone.
- Skip the welcome screen, and then specify the login and password for the used Wi-Fi network.
- On the “Programs and Data” screen, click the “Recover from iCloud Copy” button.
- Sign in to iCloud with Apple ID.
- Select one of the suggested backups.
- Wait until the download is complete, leaving the smartphone connected to the Internet.
This method of moving files will be very convenient if your old iPhone is not at hand, and you need to activate the device in a short time. Data recovery will take from a couple to several tens of minutes. It all depends on the number of files and internet speed.
Quick start function
This useful option, which appeared on devices with iOS 11 and newer versions of the operating system, seriously helps with data recovery on your newly purchased iPhone. Quick Start lets you transfer data from your old iPhone the first time you turn on your new device.
The option works provided that the new iPhone has not yet been activated. If this is not the case, you will need to use the instructions for resetting your newly purchased Apple iPhone to factory settings:
- Open new iPhone settings.
- Go to the “General” section, and then. “Reset”.
- Press the “Reset all settings” button.
If both smartphones have current iOS (12.4 and higher) installed, then you don’t even need to create an iCloud backup. And on older versions of the software, you must first make a backup according to the instructions from the previous section of the material.
As soon as all the preparatory operations are completed, you can safely launch the new iPhone. Owners of devices with iOS 11 and older need to proceed according to the following algorithm:
- Place smartphones next to each other.
- Insert a SIM card into a new device.
- Turn on your newly purchased iPhone.
- If the information about Apple ID that appears on the screen of the old device matches your account, you should click the “Next” button.
- After the pairing animation appears on the screen of the new device, point the camera of the old iPhone at the animation so that it matches the video finder.
- Wait until the message “Completing on new iPhone” is displayed.
- On the new device, enter the passcode generated on the old.
- Set up Face ID or Touch ID.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Confirm the request for data recovery (check the box “iCloud backup” if you are using an iPhone on iOS from 11 to 12.3 inclusive).
- Wait while transfer is in progress.
How long it takes to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone depends on several metrics:
- number of files;
- Internet speed;
- CPU power and RAM class.
On the latest models, file migration takes 5-10 minutes if the user is connected to a high-speed Internet, and the total volume corresponds to a 64 GB drive. With a more impressive amount of data, slow device speeds and network connections, it can take up to 30 minutes to transfer information. The same goes for any other way to recover files on a new iPhone.
Transferring files from iPhone to iPhone is not the most difficult process, but quite laborious. Such an important operation should not be approached by ignoring the preparatory stage. Before starting data migration, the manufacturer strongly recommends preparing information about your Apple ID account (login and password), as well as breaking the pair between the old device and the Apple Watch.
If no one has any problems with finding a login and password, then not everyone can untie wearable electronics from a smartphone. Therefore, you need to read the detailed instructions for disconnecting the pair:
- Place the devices in close proximity to each other.
- Open the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
- Click on the “My Watch” tab.
- Choose your device.
- Click on the informational icon in the form of the letter “i”.
- Tap on the heading “Unpair Apple Watch”.
- Enter your Apple ID password if required.
Is it possible to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without unlinking the watch? Yes, but only if the user doesn’t have an Apple Watch. Otherwise, a person will have serious difficulties in pairing a new iPhone and a wearable gadget.
IPhone migration function
IPhone migration is transferring files from a previous device to a new one. When performing an operation, the user does not need to create a backup copy in advance, since all information will be transmitted directly via the Internet.
To use the function, you will need:
- Put the new iPhone next to the old one (if necessary, connect the devices with a cable).
- Make sure that the Apple ID that will be indicated on the previous iPhone is correct and click the “Continue” button.
- Wait for a special window to appear on a new smartphone.
- Point the camera of the old device to the screen of the new one or go through manual authentication.
- Enter the passcode on the purchased device, which will appear on the old iPhone.
- Register Face ID or Touch ID.
- Click the “Transfer from iPhone” button.
- Wait until the end of the migration process.
As a rule, the operation takes from 4-5 to 30-30 minutes, depending on the amount of data transferred and the connection speed. After the end of the migration, a message about the successful transfer of files will appear on the screens of both devices.
How to Transfer All Data from iPhone to Another iPhone
Each smartphone has its own lifespan. Sooner or later, an Apple fan will have to swap out their old iPhone or iPad for a new one. When you change the device, the question arises of how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, because all applications, photos and videos remain on the previous device. How to perform the operation correctly, whether you need a backup copy or a PC connection?
The final transfer option, which involves the use of a personal computer. To successfully restore your smartphone, you need to download iTunes from the official Apple website on your PC. A backup of your old iPhone is also required. You can create a backup through the settings or when connecting to iTunes:
- Connect a working iPhone to PC via USB cable.
- Open iTunes and allow access on your smartphone.
- Select your iPhone from the device menu.
- Press the button “Create a copy now”.
If the process has ended successfully or the backup was created earlier, you can proceed to restoring data on a new device:
- Connect your new iPhone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on Computer.
- Confirm access on your phone.
- Go to your iPhone menu.
- Click the “Recover from a copy” button.
- Specify the required backup.
- Wait for the restoration to complete.
In the near future, the backup will be restored, and all files and applications that were stored on the old device will be displayed on the purchased iPhone.
How to Transfer Data from Android to Android
Contacts, messages, bookmarks, photos, music, files. you can copy anything.
The settings are named for pure Android. In third-party firmwares such as MIUI, Flyme, OxygenOS, look for something similar.
Prepare for data migration
Make sure both smartphones are charged. Connect the old one to Wi-Fi. Otherwise, you risk spending a lot of mobile traffic.
Surely your old smartphone is already linked to your Google account. If you are not sure, open “Settings” → “Accounts” and find your.
If you don’t have an account, you can add one. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the screen and select Google. Enter your smartphone password, if required, and follow the onscreen instructions.
Back up your old smartphone data to your Google account
Backups are usually enabled by default on Android, but not always. So make sure that all information. contacts, calendar, mail, settings, application data. is safely stored in your Google account.
Open on your old smartphone “Settings” → “System” → “Additional settings” → “Backup”. Make sure the Upload to Google Drive switch is turned on and the correct address is listed in the Account section. Then click “Start copying” → “Continue”.
The backup process begins. It will save the data to your Google Drive. This operation can take a long time, especially if you have been using your smartphone for a long time and a lot of data has accumulated there.
When the process is complete, you can put aside your old smartphone.
By the way, you can get to the backup panel not only from the phone settings, but also from Google Drive. To do this, open the application and click on the icon with three horizontal lines on the top left. Then go to Settings → Backup & Reset. Then everything is identical.
Recover data on a new smartphone
If your new smartphone is activated
Open “Settings” → “System” → “Additional settings” → “Reset settings”. If there is no “Advanced Settings” item, select “Reset Settings” directly from the “System” menu.
Select “Erase All Data” → “Reset Phone Settings”. Wait for the device to reboot.
Now follow all the points from the previous instructions with the settings wizard.
If you don’t want to reset anything, go to Settings → Accounts (or Users and Accounts, or Synchronization). Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the screen. Select your google account type.
Enter your smartphone password, if required, and follow the onscreen instructions. You will need to enter your email address and password from your Google account.
In the menu “Settings” → “Accounts” select the added Google account. Click on it.
Make sure there are check marks next to all the data types you want. If they are not somewhere, put down.
Click → Synchronize. Wait for the sync to finish. So you will transfer contacts, mail, calendar, but not applications to your new smartphone.
To copy them, open Google Play and click on the icon with three horizontal lines on the top left. Open “My Apps & Games”.
Go to the “Library” tab and install your applications manually.
If the new smartphone is not activated
Turn on your new smartphone and follow the instructions in the setup wizard. Select your language and region and connect to the web.
The wizard will offer to transfer your data to the new smartphone. Click “Next” and select the “Copy from cloud storage” option.
Enter your Google account login and password and accept the terms of the license agreement.
Select the desired backup from the list and, if required, enter the password for your old smartphone. Specify what exactly you want to transfer and click “Restore”.
Continue to follow the instructions of the wizard. The recovery will run in the background.
When the setup of the new smartphone is completed, wait 10 minutes: Android will install all applications from the old device.
Synchronize your old smartphone data with your account
On your old smartphone, open “Settings” → “Accounts” and select your Google account there. Click on it.
Make sure all the data types you want are checked. If they are not somewhere, put down.
Click → Synchronize. Wait for the process to complete.
Transfer photos and videos to your new smartphone
The easiest way to do this is with the Google Photos app. Run it on your old smartphone. Go to “Settings” → “Startup and sync” and make sure the option is enabled. Then wait a bit for the download to finish.
Now all your photos and videos will be uploaded to the cloud, and you can view them on your new smartphone via Google Photos.
If you do not mind that the images will be stored in a compressed (but still high-quality) form, then you will not even need to pay for their storage: you will be provided with unlimited volume in the cloud. Otherwise, you will have to purchase a subscription to the service.
There are three ways to import data. Each will need a pre-created backup, but the migration process will be slightly different. In one case, you must have an old iPhone, in the other. a computer with iTunes, and in the third, an Internet connection is enough.
How to back up iCloud
- Open “Settings” on iPhone and click on your account icon.
- Go to iCloud → “Backup”.
- Turn on the toggle switch of the same name and click “Create backup”.
Using the Quick Start feature
Mac Time YouTube Channel
- If your new iPhone is already activated, then first erase all data by going to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings. If not, insert the SIM card into your smartphone and follow the prompts of the setup wizard.
- Power on and place both iPhones side by side. The new device will display the Quick Start screen, and the old device will display the Set Up New iPhone.
- Click “Continue” on your old smartphone and unlock it.
- Wait for the animation to appear on the new iPhone and point the camera of the old one at it.
- Wait a few seconds and complete the setup on the new device.
- Enter your Apple ID password and follow the prompts.
- On the Apps & Data screen, select Recover from iCloud.
How to backup iTunes
- Install the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer with a cable.
- Allow access on smartphone.
- Select iPhone from iTunes Device Menu.
- If you want to save the data of the “Health” and “Activity” programs, check the box next to “Encrypt backup” and set a password. Do not forget the code, otherwise it will be impossible to recover information!
- Click “Create a copy now” and wait for the process to finish.
You can back up your information via iCloud or using iTunes on your computer. Later, the corresponding copy will be used for data transfer.
Untie Apple Watch
If a watch is connected to the iPhone, then to bind to a new smartphone, you first need to break the pair with the old one.
- Open the Apple Watch app.
- Go to the “My Watch” tab and click on the icon ℹ.
- Select “Unpair Apple Watch” and confirm the action.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
Put your old smartphone next to the new one, and in a few minutes everything will be ready.
Recover from iCloud copy
Mac Time YouTube Channel
- If your new iPhone is already activated, then first erase all data by going to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings. If not, insert the SIM card into your smartphone and follow the prompts of the setup wizard.
- On the Apps & Data screen, select Recover from iCloud Copy.
- Sign in to your Apple ID account.
- Select the desired backup from the list by date and size.
- Wait for the restoration process to finish and complete the setup.
Quick start on iPhone
- To transfer data from one iPhone to another, turn on the second (new) phone, select your language and region, and proceed to the setup step.
- You will be prompted to use Quick Start to transfer information to your new iPhone.
- Bring your old iPhone with iOS 11 or later closer to the second phone, and the new iPhone will immediately receive a notification that it is ready to transfer data.
The notification will appear on both the old and new iPhone
Before that, you will be prompted to enter a password for your Apple ID account and set a fingerprint or face, depending on the smartphone model. Be prepared: this process can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. As a result, all photos, contacts, applications and even notes will be transferred to the new phone.
You cannot interrupt this process, otherwise you will have to start the data transfer again.
How it works? In iOS 11, a second smartphone was needed solely for verification, while all data was transferred from an iCloud backup. However, starting with iOS 12.4, data is transferred directly from the smartphone’s memory via Wi-Fi.
Subscribe to our chat on Telegram. There, the authors of Appleinsider.ru often publish life hacks on working with Apple.
How to Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
In addition to creating a backup in iTunes and then restoring the new iPhone from the backup of the old phone, there are at least two other ways to transfer all the information. First, you can restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup, or, even easier, use the Quick Start feature that first appeared in iOS 11.
How to Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
Most iPhone owners sooner or later face the need to transfer information from one phone to another. For example, you bought yourself a new iPhone SE 2020 and you want all contacts, photos, SMS and other data from your iPhone 7 to be on your new smartphone as quickly and easily as possible. Not to mention the apps you’ve been collecting for so long on multiple screens of your iPhone. If earlier it was possible to transfer data from one iPhone to another only using iTunes, now Apple offers several more transfer options.
There are several ways to transfer data between iPhone
How to unlink iPhone from iCloud
First. unlink iPhone from iCloud:
- Open “Settings”
- Go to your Apple ID profile (top)
- Scroll down and click “Sign Out”
Disconnect iPhone from iCloud first. this will remove Activation Lock
What to do with your old iPhone?
Once you set up your new iPhone, you will most likely want to strip all information from your old device. To do this, you need to do two things.
How to reset iPhone
After that, you can safely reset the iPhone:
- Open “Settings”
- Go to “Basic”. “Reset”
- Click “Erase Content and Settings”
Be sure to wash everything, not partly
Everything! Your old iPhone is ready to be sold or inherited. you decide what to do with it.
File manager for iPhone
You can also transfer information from your old iPhone to your computer and then restore it to your new iPhone using third-party software. For this, there are special file managers like iCareFone. It allows you to selectively copy data from iPhone to computer, or just photos. in case you don’t need a full backup. There is also a separate section for backups and restores in the app, so you can start using your new iPhone 12 just like your old iPhone.
Not only a tool for creating backups, but also a file manager
In addition, it is also a convenient file manager, that is, iCareFone can be used as an advanced alternative to iTunes. Only here everything is much easier. you can copy contacts, applications or messages in one click. For example, from here you can easily download photos from your iPhone to your computer, or, conversely, in a couple of clicks upload pictures from your computer to its camera roll.
This is a great solution not only to save your files when your smartphone is lost or malfunctioning, but also for transferring data from your old iPhone to a new iPhone. For example, if you decide to update your device, you can create a backup and restore to iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro.
How to transfer a phone number to a new iPhone
If you insert your SIM card into a new iPhone, it will automatically recognize your phone number. And as soon as the device catches the network, you can receive calls and access the Internet, the conditions of your tariff with the cellular operator will not change.
It’s another matter if your SIM card is too small to fit into the SIM tray in your new iPhone. In this case, do not try to cut it yourself. it is better to contact your operator, where they will give you a SIM card of the correct size. As a rule, this service is free from mobile operators, but someone can charge money for it.
Modern iPhones use Nano SIM