Each modern TV is equipped with a remote control, with which it is convenient not only to turn the TV on and off, but also to scroll through the channels, adjust the volume, change the settings.
However, on old televisions it happens that the remote control is lost somewhere or stops working.
In this case, the user recalls the control buttons located on the body of the TV itself, and is surprised to notice that these buttons do not respond to pressing.
The first thing that comes to mind is that they turned off the light or the “plug” is removed from the outlet. But later it turns out that everything is in order with power, and this is confirmed by the glowing indicator on the front of the TV.
What could be the problem? Why the power button is on, but the TV does not turn on neither from the remote control nor from the buttons?
If the remote control is obviously working, but the TV does not respond to it or to the main buttons, the problem may be hidden in the power of the control board.
Such problems occur most often due to malfunctioning (bloated) capacitors on the power board.
We’ll have to disassemble the case for a more detailed study. You can check the button boards using a conventional tester (resistance measurement).
In the pressed state, the resistance of the button should be “0”. If the button is faulty, it must be replaced. carefully vypayat and install in its place similar.
The buttons on the TV do not work
How to repair the TV if it does not respond to the power button on the case
To carry out diagnostics and repairs in this case, the following materials and tools will be needed:
- crosshead screwdriver;
- soldering iron;
- soldering flux;
- new capacitor (s) of the appropriate capacity;
To determine the exact cause of the breakdown, you need to disassemble the TV.
To do this, you need:
- Disconnect the TV from the network;
- Unscrew all fixing screws around the perimeter of the housing;
- Remove the rear housing cover. Since it can additionally be held on clips, to facilitate the process, you can use an old plastic card (you need to insert it between two parts of the case and hold it around the perimeter);
- Remove the power supply that powers the main board of the TV. To do this, unscrew the mounting screws and disconnect the connector with wires. Since the capacitors of the power supply can save charge, check the voltage with a tester before proceeding.
Then you should examine the condition of the capacitors on the power supply board. If one or more capacitors are swollen, they must be replaced.
” alt =””
To do this, you need:
- Apply a little flux to the contacts of the capacitor for more accurate soldering;
- Preheat the soldering iron. Solder failed capacitors;
- Solder new capacitors of the appropriate capacity;
- Assemble the device in the reverse order.