Sony Playstation 4 TV connection
Connecting Playstation 4 to laptop or monitor using HDMI cable
The Playstation 4 already has a standard HDMI cable for connecting to a TV. Many monitors allow it to be connected, but this is not always the case with laptops. The fact is that, even if the laptop has an HDMI connector, it is usually configured to output the image, and not receive it.
But if the device is equipped with HDMI-in, then it is enough to follow these steps:
Connect the HDMI cable to the corresponding connector on the back of the Playstation 4.
To understand whether the HDMI connector accepts a signal, you should familiarize yourself with the technical specification on the official website or in the documentation.
In this case, you should do the following:
Connect the VGA / HDMI adapter to the monitor.
How to Connect Playstation 4 to Computer or Laptop: Working Ways
The Sony Playstation 4 game console leads the market today. If you decide to buy it, you will surely not go wrong. But you also need a TV in order to have something to connect the set-top box to. But unnecessary expenses can be eliminated, because the Playstation 4 can be connected to a laptop and a regular monitor.
Connecting to a laptop or computer via Remote Play
If you are unable to connect your Playstation 4 via HDMI, you can use an image transfer software. In this case, you will get a high-quality picture, but it will be broadcast with a slight delay. This can be a problem when playing fast-paced games. To set up a Remote play broadcast, do the following:
- Download and install the Playstation 4 Remote Play software on your computer. You can easily find it on the Web. the program is distributed free of charge.
- Run the application. It will open the initial program settings window.
- Log in using your account. If you don‘t have an account, you must create one.
How to setup PS4 gaming console with Sony Bravia LED TV for the first time (PS4 To TV connection)
Connect a Playstation 4 controller to your computer
You can use a Playstation 4 controller even if you are playing it on a monitor or laptop. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Install the Input Mapper program and run it. Select a wireless connection method (you can also use a wired one, then no further settings are required).
- Hold the back (share) button on the controller until it starts flashing.
- Go to your computer’s Bluetooth connections and select a gamepad.
How to SETUP the PS4 Slim Console for Beginners
Possible connection problems
Sometimes the connection cannot be established, even if you do everything according to the instructions. This is usually due to one of the following reasons:
- The HDMI connector is aimed only at the output. in most laptops, this connector cannot receive a signal. In this case, the image will not be sent to the laptop;
- the image via Remote Play slows down or rubs. the computer or laptop cannot cope with the image processing In this case, it is worth using more powerful hardware;
- no sound. HDMI cable does not transmit it. Use other methods of audio output from the console, such as headphones.
If you have a good monitor, you can have a lot of fun playing it in Playstation 4. Convenience and entertainment can enhance immersion and provide a richer gaming experience. And with the help of this article, you can easily connect the set-top box to a monitor or laptop.