Send Xiaomi Error Report
Developer mode is one of the sections of the smartphone settings that allows you to troubleshoot problems in the Android system and created applications. It is intended for programmers and craftsmen who modify official firmware. This article will talk about how to enable it and what features it has.
How to enable and enter the menu for developers
By default, this menu item is hidden. Depending on the version of Android, the mode is activated differently. On Android 4.3-7.0, you can enable developer mode on Xiaomi as follows:
- Go to the settings menu.
- Select “About phone” or “About device”.
- Click 8-10 times on the line “Kernel version”. The message “You have become a developer!” Appears.
On Android 8 and 9, the procedure is as follows:
- Go to the “System” section of the main settings.
- Select “About phone” and press 8-10 times on the line “MIUI version”. The message “You have become a developer!” Appears.
To enter the advanced settings mode you need:
- Click on the “Advanced” line and select “For Developers”.
- Move the slider in the upper right corner to the right. It will make menu items active.
How to hide the menu for developers
The procedure is as follows:
- Go to the “Applications” section in the “Settings” menu.
- Find the “Settings” application and call the properties.
- Click “Clear Cache” and “Erase Data.”
All settings are divided into 8 groups:
- Are common;
- Network and connections;
- Input settings;
- Visualization acceleration;
Some of the settings listed below may not be available in different versions of Android.
This group of settings in the developer mode on Xiaomi contains the following items:
- Password for backups. Allows you to protect the created archive containing personal information.
- Do not turn off the screen. The display will not go blank while charging.
- Skip lock screen. Pressing the lock button will open the main screen without having to enter a password or pattern.
- Bluetooth HCI Log. Contains information about packets transmitted via Bluetooth.
- OEM / factory unlock. Disables and allows unlocking the bootloader.
- Running applications. Displays active applications, services, and the resources they consume.
- Color mode. Includes SRGB color scheme.
- WebView service. Select a browser that opens links in your application.
- Demo mode. It includes a demo mode in which the battery and mobile signal strength scales will show the maximum values.
- Mi Unlock Status. Displays the current state of the bootloader. Locked / unlocked.
This group contains settings related to USB connection.
It contains the following parameters:
- USB debugging. Allows you to change system files from a computer, make backups, install applications.
- Revoke access for USB debugging. Prevents trusted computers from modifying the contents of internal memory.
- Bug report. It makes the function “Create an error report” available in the previous settings group and in the menu caused by holding the power button.
- Select an application for fictitious locations. Allows you to select a program that will transmit false data about the location of the device.
- Select an application for debugging.
- Check application during installation. Checks the programs installed through ADT / ADB for security.
- Track system updates. Allows you to monitor system processes.
Network and Connections
This group of settings controls connections and mobile communications.
It contains the following options:
- Detailed Wi-Fi magazine. Contains information about the signal strength of found Wi-Fi access points.
- Switch to mobile network. With a poor Wi-Fi level (1-2 divisions) of the signal, the device will automatically switch to mobile Internet.
- Always enable Wi-Fi networks search.
- Do not turn off mobile Internet.
- Hardware acceleration in modem mode. Speeds up data transfer in modem mode.
- USB configuration. Determines the connection mode to the computer: charge, file sharing (MTP), camera (PTP).
- Turn off the absolute volume level. It is used if the Bluetooth headphones have insufficient or excessive volume.
- Enable in-band playback. The phone will inform you of an incoming call by playing the assigned melody while listening to music.
- Bluetooth version of AVRCP. Allows you to select a protocol for controlling wireless headphones.
- Audio codec for transmission via Bluetooth. Allows you to select a codec for encoding audio for headphones.
Video: Send Xiaomi Error Report
This menu sub-section displays clicks on the screen. Subclauses 2: “Display touches” and “Location of the pointer. The first shows the touch of the screen in the form of circles, and the second. Records the movement of a finger across the screen in the form of a thin line and coordinates at the top of the screen.
Allows you to track the work of animations and the interface. Subclauses 5:
- Highlight windows. A purple frame appears around the updated item.
- Show object borders. Displays the layout of elements. Margins and indents, for example.
- Flip interface. All items will be mirrored.
- Window / transition animations. Accelerates animation by 0.5-10 times.
- The duration of the animation. Increases time by 0.5-10 times.
Visualization hardware acceleration
The group contains settings for using the graphic chip in the interface. Subclauses 7:
- Enable GPU acceleration. Uses a graphic chip for rendering 2D images and elements. May slow down the speed of the device.
- Show hardware updates. A red frame appears around the elements rendered by the GPU.
- Show updated hardware layers. Highlights the last in green.
- GPU overlay debugging. Shows areas of overlapping interface elements on top of each other.
- Enable 4x MSAA for OpenGL ES0. Smoothes images overlapping each other.
- Disable overlay. A graphic chip will be used to arrange the elements on the display.
- Imitation anomalies. Changes the colors of the interface as if a person with a visual impairment is looking at the screen: monochromatism, protanomaly, tritanomalia.
The subsection contains the option “Disable USB audio transmission.” It prohibits playing sound on any devices connected via USB.
It contains 2 functions:
- Strict regime. The display will blink during lengthy operations performed by service personnel. When updating data in the Weather application, for example.
- Profile GPU rendering. The display on the top and bottom will display the activity of the chip in the form of stripes or a gear graph.
Developer Mode: Applications
This group of settings controls the operation of programs and contains 8 items:
- Do not store activity. Activities are visible to each other independent interface elements. A list of letters or contacts in the mail client, for example. The option disables and removes unused activities from RAM.
- Limit background processes. Limits the number of applications and services running in stealth mode.
- Show all ANR. When the program freezes, it displays the message “Application is not responding”.
- Inactive applications. Allows you to force shutdown programs.
- Allow saving to external drives. Allow applications to store cache, data and their own files on microSD or flash card, external hard drive.
- Enable MIUI optimization. Optimizes the shell to increase the speed of the smartphone.
- Allow resizing. Allows you to resize windows in multi-window mode.
- Notify of hazardous functions. Warns about the use of application functions that affect the safety of personal data.
Summing up, we can say that for a regular user in the developer mode on Xiaomi, not all of the listed functions will be useful, but 10-15. Limiting background processes or rendering two-dimensional graphics using a GPU, for example.
Warface. Widely known among gamers of Runet and beyond. Its stability is monitored by an extensive staff, but this does not prevent the game from crashing and crashes like “WF stopped working. Error Report. ” The frequency of the bug crashes is different. Sometimes users can’t even come in to play, and someone gets a couple of rounds. Let’s look at ways to fix it.
The reasons for the crash of the game can be many. Garbage, broken files, incorrect settings, non-compliance. The development of games and Windows operating systems does not always proceed evenly. Do not forget that the released updated driver may also affect performance. But there are some methods that can significantly reduce the risk of departure.
Crash game “WF has stopped working. Error Report ”
We fix the crash “WF stopped working”
Please note that the method described below does not guarantee 100% performance. Departures in the future may well happen, but they will appear much less frequently. We need to perform the following procedures:
- Configure compatibility and launch from the administrator;
- During subsequent launches, switch the priority of the process and clean the game files.
Unfortunately, most of the manipulations will have to be carried out every time, now it is impossible to prevent a mistake otherwise.
We configure compatibility and activate launch from the administrator
So, here is a short instruction on how to properly configure compatibility.
- Launch the Game Center.
- In the menu located to the right of the “Play” button (down arrow), select “Open the game client folder”.
- We go to the directory “Bin32Release”, where we find the file “Game ».
- Right click, go to “Properties” and tab “Compatibility”.
- Tick off “Run the program in compatibility mode with:” and select your OS version.
- Below we put a checkmark next to “Run this program as administrator”.
- We click “Change settings for all users” and make similar changes in the window that appears. After we click “Apply.”
Everything compatibility is configured. Go to the next item.
What should be done at each entry?
As in the first step, the actions are quite simple.
- We open the game center. Click on the menu “Open game profile folder”.
- There are folders in the directory HeadsCache and “ModelsCache”. We clear their contents. But the folders themselves are not erased. Close the conductor.
- In the menu of the Game Center, select “Check and fix files of the installed game client” and wait for the process.
Checking the files of the game Warface through the Game Center
Another important point. Priority setting. It is done like this.
- We start the game and collapse it.
- Push combination “Ctrl” “Alt” “Delete” on keyboard.
- In the task manager, switch to the tab “Processes”.
- We find “Game”.
- Right click on it, select “A priority”, install “Low”.
After that we go into the game and play. In addition to all of the above, it is advisable to manually install the video driver from the manufacturer’s website. During the game, it is recommended to close all unnecessary applications.
Such simple methods should help, but if it still crashes, “WF has stopped working. Error Report ”- it’s worth checking the stability of the system. Update the entire driver package, apply the latest versions of the Visual C.NET Framework visualizer. If you are the owner of x32, it is recommended that you upgrade to the x64 version of your Windows. I would also advise you to immediately send a report, the data on which is contained in the attached file, for which even the size is indicated. Enter your mail and give a description. Such actions will help developers contact you about a bug.