Scan From Printer To Computer
At least once in a lifetime, almost every person is faced with the need to update a flash player on a computer or “translate” a document or photograph into electronic form. At the same time, not everyone has sufficient skills to cope with the task without outside help. Today we will look at how to scan a document to a computer using a printer. The presented instruction will allow you to perform the action as quickly as possible and without additional difficulties, even if the inexperienced PC owner performs the manipulations.
Before proceeding with the direct scanning of documents, it is necessary to carry out preparatory actions. This will help to avoid difficulties and errors on the part of the equipment.
So, before you try to scan a document, it is important:
How to scan from printer to computer?
Consider several ways to scan a document from a printer to a PC. After all the preparatory steps are completed, you need to refer to the built-in features of your operating system or special programs.
Through the scanner wizard
The most common method of digitizing a “live” document is to interact with the scanner wizard, where in order to achieve the result, you must adhere to the following algorithm:
- Turn on your scanner and make sure it is active. Check the glass panel under the cover. It should not be dust, debris, streaks, etc.
- Take the document or photograph that you want to “transfer” to the computer, place the object face down to the glass. Lower the cover.
- Click on the “Start” button of your computer, find the tab “Control Panel”.
- Next. “Devices and Printers”.
- In certain operating systems, after opening the control panel, it may be necessary to click on the “Sound and equipment” section, and only after that we will be able to find the “Devices and Printers” we need.
- You will see a window where the devices connected to the PC are displayed. Find the printer by name and right-click on its image.
- Activate the “Start Scanning” command, you will see parameters that can be customized according to individual preferences, and then. Preview what the document will look like in the scan. Most often, you need to change the resolution and brightness of the image.
- Everything is fine? Click “Scan” and wait for your file to appear on the computer monitor. Then it remains only to save.
Using third-party applications
In addition to the standard features of the computer operating system, scanner users often resort to the help of third-party applications. The most popular of them:
- Scanlite. As with any other program, after installing the scanner on the desktop or in the control panel, the corresponding shortcut appears. The convenience of this development lies in a simple interface and the need to perform a minimum list of manipulations. The user only needs to enter the file name, specify the path to save the document, and then start the scanning process with the corresponding button.
- ABBYY FineReader. Not only scans, but also recognizes the text, in addition to this. Allows you to translate the document in an editable format. Minus. The program is paid, but it can be used in test mode.
- Ridioc. A popular program for users who need to be able to scan documents in different formats. As a rule, it is not necessary for random scanning.
- WinScan2PDF. The product is designed for the Windows operating system, is easy to use, but allows you to save the file exclusively in PDF format. You can download and install it absolutely free.
- Xerox Easy Printer Manager. The manager was created specifically for working with Xerox printers / scanners. This application is not only convenient and intuitive interface, but also a large number of features.
In addition to conventional digitization, Xerox Easy Printer Manager is a program for improving the quality of a photo or any other image. Consider the scanning process in more detail, assuming that the application is already installed on your PC:
- Click “Start” in the lower left corner of the screen. Select the “All Programs” tab, then the “Xerox Printers” folder, then the Xerox Easy Printer Manager.
- A program window will open in front of you, in which you need to find the tab “Switch to advanced mode”.
- The next necessary active link at the top of the window is “Scan to PC Settings”, where you can set the operation parameters of interest to the user (saving path, resolution, color, etc.).
- Next, go to the “Image” tab and adjust the settings as you need.
- Are you done? Switch to the main mode and click on the “Scan” button. A window with the program’s capabilities will open, you just have to start the process you are interested in and save the result.
Following this step-by-step instruction, anyone can scan a document or photo, even if he has never used the program before.
Features of scanning in the Paint program
In addition to the applications we examined, there is another simple scanning method. Through the standard Paint program. You need:
Video: Scan From Printer To Computer
- Launch the application by finding it through the “Start” button.
- Click on the “File” tab, and then select “From Scanner or Camera”.
- Scan preparation starts on the computer monitor, where you need to select the file type and adjust the resolution / image brightness.
- After the scan has been started, the image or scan of the document you need appears on the screen, all that remains is to save the file in the required graphic format.
The advantage of this program over third-party applications is that the user does not need to download and install additional products. Just turn on the “native” option and perform some simple manipulations.
Having studied the above information with step-by-step instructions, we can conclude that scanning a document to a computer is as simple a task as photocopying, restoring data from a USB flash drive, etc. The main thing is to find the appropriate instruction and clearly follow it. If the need to scan documents to a computer is rare, and the files themselves are used only for the purpose of storing and transmitting information, the built-in capabilities of the operating system are sufficient. If the user needs to edit the scanned files, including their quality and format, it makes sense to install a third-party application, which greatly simplifies the manipulation due to wide functionality.
Share in social. Networks:
- Scanning process
- Scan text to PC
- Scan Using Software
- Scan Using Paint
- Setting Scan Settings
- Photo scan
- Additional snapshot guidelines
Scanning photos and documents to a computer is one of the most common operations in everyday life and in various professional activities. Successfully completed procedure helps to digitize documents for further processing, storage and transmission. The process is simple and affordable, therefore, knowledge of how to scan from a printer to a computer is available to ordinary people. The main thing is to perform the correct sequence of actions, which you will learn from this article.
For any special device manufactured by HP, Canon or Samsung (SCX-series), the scanning procedure is identical. Each new scanning device is put into operation together with a disk on which the necessary drivers are stored. In the absence of the necessary software, it can be downloaded on the Internet. Users who scan for the first time from the printer note that when the instructions are followed clearly, the process does not take much time and effort.
For a successful scan using a multifunction device, you must perform the following actions:
- Preinstall the necessary drivers. If they are not equipped with a printer, download on the appropriate sites.
- Put the scan item on the corresponding panel with a picture or text on the glass.
- Turn on the MFP if it is disconnected from the network.
- Enter the “Devices and Printers” section. It is located on the main control panel.
- Right-click on the device icon to display a context menu.
- Set parameters.
- Select the “Start Scan” function.
- Click and start the process.
Scan text to PC
There are two options for scanning documents in the OS: as text and as an image. The difference between them is such that if the scanner creates a photo of the text by default, then editing it is no longer possible. To amend the scanned document, the user must use a recognizer. Additional software. Usually it is available on the disk that comes with the printer. If the disk is lost, the necessary program can be downloaded, just remember that each scanner has its own driver.
To successfully work with a text document, users follow this procedure:
- Connect the scanner to a PC or laptop.
- Install existing drivers.
- Configure the machine to scan using the “Scanner Wizard” program.
- Lift the cover of the scanning device.
- Place the document face down on a clean glass.
- Lower the cover of the device.
- Click “Hardware and Sound” on the “Control Panel”.
- Enter the “Devices and Printers” section.
- Select “Start Scan”.
- Set the parameters suitable for the document.
- See what happens by selecting the “Preview” function.
- Make the necessary edits.
- Click on the “Scan” function.
- Save the result to a computer or print.
Scan Using Software
If you still have to work with scanned text, the user will need to apply the software. In addition, additional equipment helps to achieve better picture quality and makes the process itself more efficient and comfortable.
The process of the software using the example of scanning from a Sensys printer:
- Install the device and software.
- Open the list of programs.
- Launch the application of the existing printer model.
- Click “Scan.”
- The software will offer to change the scan settings.
- Make the necessary edits.
- Indicate the storage location.
- To correct, preview the file.
- Scan the result.
- Store in a prepared storage location.
Scan Using Paint
Scanning with a simple, traditional graphical editor also enjoys excellent user guidance. This utility is already on the Windows operating system.
The way to work with Paint involves the following actions:
- Find the editor’s shortcut by such a path as “Start”. “All Programs”. “Standard”.
- Select the line “From scanner or camera” in the “File” menu.
- Decide on the parameters.
- Scan a document.
Setting Scan Settings
To get a good quality scan, you need to set special parameters. The resolution depends on these settings. The number of dots per inch. The better the resolution, the better the picture of the scan. DPI is responsible for this function.
The most popular DPI indicators are:
- 100-200. It differs in the speed of image transfer. The quality is inferior.
- 300-400. Optimal value if you plan to work with text documents.
- 500-600. Designed for scanning with maximum transfer of details. Excellent quality.
The time has gone when photographs could only be shown in photo studios. With the advent of digital technology, this process has been greatly simplified and done, and then also print a photo, the user can, without contacting the appropriate services.
The main thing is to choose the right settings and follow the necessary procedure:
- Connect the multifunction device to the computer.
- Turn on the technique.
- In the application on the computer, indicate the color.
- Set the desired format “Photo”.
- Set the highest DPI settings.
- Make a scan.
- Save the result.
Additional snapshot guidelines
- When printing photos using a scanner, you need to monitor the transparency and perfect cleanliness of the glass. In case of pollution, even minor ones, the photos are of poor quality.
- Do not lift the scanner cover during printing or interfere with the settings after starting the process.
- To successfully correct the image before printing, experts recommend using a graphical editor.
As you can see, using a printer or MFP to scan photos and any documents is an extremely simple process. If you still doubt something, then you will be helped out by a visual master class on such tasks. See it in the video below.