Return to Factory Settings Xiaomi Redmi
Fast way Xiaomi Redmi 4 hard reset
But, there is an easier way to make Xiaomi Redmi 4 hard reset. If you have forgotten the pattern or password for your smartphone, then use the Android Remote Control tool.
To do this, go to the Android Remote Control website, log in to the Google account that is used on the Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone, then click on the “Clear” button. Thus, you will reset the Xiaomi Redmi 4 settings, and remove the pattern.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 hard reset: factory reset, firmware update
Xiaomi Redmi 4 is a new smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer. It offers powerful hardware and interesting features. In addition, the display of Xiaomi Redmi 4 is made using edge-to-edge technology, that is, there is practically no frame around the screen.
All this is certainly good, but if you switched to this article, most likely you have a problem with your smartphone.
We want to tell you how to make Xiaomi Redmi 4 hard reset or factory reset.
This function allows you to restore the smartphone to factory settings, clear the internal memory, and also solve many software errors.
Making Xiaomi Redmi 4 hard reset is not as easy as on any other Android device, because Xiaomi has specifically blocked recovery mode on its smartphones. This is to prevent a thief from making a hard reset if your smartphone is stolen. Thus, he will not be able to unlock the smartphone and use it for his own purposes.
Firstly, if you want to make Xiaomi Redmi 4 hard reset via recovery mode, then you need to unlock Bootloader. Read. How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Smartphone.
The hard way Xiaomi Redmi 4 hard reset
If you do not remember the login and password from your Google account, or for some other reason you cannot reset your Xiaomi Redmi 4 using the first method, then we will tell you about a more complicated one.
For this method, you need to have an unlocked Bootloader.
This method involves updating to the latest firmware version. You will need a Windows computer. Also make sure you fully charge your smartphone.
- Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool and install it on your computer.
- Go to MIUI website, search and select Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone.
- Download the latest stable firmware for your smartphone model.
- Then go to FastBoot mode. To do this, turn off your smartphone completely, then press and hold the Volume (-) and Power on key. You will see a MIUI man with an Android robot, as in the image below:
- Connect smartphone to computer via USB cable.
- Unzip the firmware file that you downloaded in step 3. Save the path to the firmware on your computer.
- Open the MIUI ROM Flashing Tool you downloaded and installed in step 1.
- In the line next to Select, insert the path to the firmware. Or press the Select button and select the firmware on your computer.
- Click on the refresh button for the program to automatically recognize your smartphone.
- Make sure you select cleanall at the bottom of the window.
- Then click on the flash button.
- Wait until the progress line is completely green and the result column shows success.
Thus, you installed the new firmware on the Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone, thereby performing a hard reset, resetting the settings and removing the pattern / password.
Please note that you can use this manual for any other Xiaomi smartphone, only in paragraphs 2 and 3 download the firmware for your model.
Dear Reader! If suddenly the method described in the article did not help you. help, please, the rest. write how you dealt with the problem or ask a question.
Please do not remain indifferent. share useful information with people. If you know the answer to your question. write, please, the information will be very useful to someone. Thanks in advance!
Xiaomi redmi note 4 factory reset. All methods
Xiaomi redmi note 4 factory reset can be done in several ways. Effective methods to easily help reset your smartphone.
What problems does a factory reset solve.
If Xiaomi is buggy, then resetting the settings can remove glitches, partially or completely.
Hard Reset is a deep reset that solves most of the brakes of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Denied some functions in Xaomi, then after the reset they will return to the factory settings, and may work.
Find out how to factory reset Xiaomi redmi note 4.
Xiaomi redmi note 4 factory reset.
With surprise when an open application is minimized. And an error message appears on the screen, users of Xiaomi redmi note 4 often encounter. The situation, of course, is unpleasant, but not hopeless. Let’s figure it out on our own.
Updating the system
If you notice that a certain program or game suddenly closes, check its system requirements.
The first step is to check for updates:
- select the item “About phone”;
- then we check for updates and download them.
Clearing the cache
A necessary step to remove unnecessary data and free up memory: they often hinder smartphone performance.
- In the settings, click on the item “All programs”.
- Find the software you need, clear the cache.
Rollback to factory settings
Last resort if, use when all else fails. This step allows you to “zero” the smartphone to the factory settings. Before starting the process, it is necessary to save all data either to the “Cloud” or to a flash drive. Since all user files will be destroyed. The easiest way to do the cleaning is through the “Advanced options”: you get to the “Backup and reset”. Choose “Reset”, and for complete confidence click on “Clear internal memory”. Then click on “Reset settings” and enter the password.
If none of the described methods helped you, and applications continue to crash. It is worth informing the developer with a description of the problem.
Microcracks in the screen are fraught with a break in the power circuit. If this happens, then you will have to change the screen. Fortunately, in China they are several times cheaper.
It happens, and the malfunction lies in the incorrect installation of the SIM card or flash drive. Try to take them out and check what will happen.
A map with problems can be repaired by restoring broken clusters using a PC.
If shaken, a poorly positioned plug from the display may fall out. What will entail the disconnection of the image transmission module, or partial disconnection.
Remove the cover of the device, and plug the ribbon cable into the socket. If it is inserted, take it out and insert it. In this case, do not forget to disconnect the power cable from the battery.
When the quality of the pixels is determined, and among them it was possible to find “burnt out”, you can start looking for applications that will correct the situation:
- JScreenFix is easy to use, you need to use the Fix Stuck Pixels button to get started. The developer promises 30 minutes to complete this operation, but the service center masters recommend leaving the devices. Not less than 10-12 hours for a more complete check;
- Pixel Fixer: Another program similar to JScreenFix. To restore pixels, you also need to click on the green button;
- Dead Pixel Treatment: The platform does more than test a mobile phone for dead pixels. And then “heals” them, but at the same time reveals other defects in the display.
Closing background programs
At the bottom of the interface, press the left button, this will bring up the application manager. Looking through the list, you can close a certain software, and with a cross in the center of the screen. all at once.
It is often enough to turn off the device for 1-2 minutes for the error to disappear. During this time, the RAM has time to clear.
Checking for viruses
Use the built-in Anti-Virus service:
- click “Scan”, detect and remove pests.
By the way, you can avoid this problem if you download software only from the Play Market.
Xiaomi redmi note 4 factory reset, can be done in a tougher form.
Such errors are divided into software and peripheral. Let’s consider the most common:
- inconsistency of the program with the “operating system”. sometimes the user is not familiar with the system requirements of the application. Trying to squeeze it into an inappropriate device;
- incompatibility of the application with “hardware”. for example, a weak processor, a small amount of RAM;
- downloading software from unknown sites. failure is determined by errors during unpacking;
- poor-quality optimization. developers are cunning and release software only for the most popular devices; viruses; incorrect unpacking of the cache.
5 ways to factory reset Xiaomi
By and large, on Mi and Redmi smartphones, there are four main ways to reset Xiaomi to factory settings:
- The first method. resetting to factory settings Xiaomi through the standard menu. the easiest way, it has a way to use when the memory is full or the smartphone starts to lag. Also, this method can be used before selling Xiaomi, in order to remove all personal data and files in one fell swoop
- The second way to reset to factory settings Xiaomi is through Recovery mode. Used in case of a system failure when you cannot turn on your smartphone to reset to factory settings via the menu
- The third method is suitable for those who use custom firmware. An ordinary user is not recommended to do such things, but everyone needs to know about it. So, reset to factory settings using third-party recovery (recovery)
- The fourth method is rather unusual. It is supposed to be reset to factory settings via the Xiaomi Mi Cloud, i.e. remotely
- The fifth method will also allow you to wipe your device remotely using your Google account.
Briefly figured out, now we turn to the detailed instructions for resetting the settings of Xiaomi Redmi and Mi smartphones.
Instructions for resetting to factory settings Xiaomi Mi and Redmi
Resetting to factory settings Xiaomi is usually used after the smartphone started to fail and clearing the memory did not help. Also, Hard Reset Xiaomi smartphone is useful if you want to prepare a smartphone for sale.
It is quite rare to write about using a factory reset after the system crashes. This situation happened to me, including, and not only on Xiaomi smartphones. Probably you have also come across a situation when the phone simply refuses to turn on. In this case, there is a good chance that a reset can help.
Cleaning the device via Google account
The fifth way to factory reset a Xiaomi smartphone also works remotely. In order to use it, the device must be associated with a Google account.
To clean your phone using your Google account:
- Follow the link
- Click “Clean device”
Easy reset method via phone settings
To factory reset Android Xiaomi, do the following:
- Go to “Settings”
- “Advanced settings”
- “Redundancy and reset”
- “Reset to factory settings”
- We choose whether we need to clear videos, photos and other user data
- Click “Reset settings”
This method is suitable for all models of Xiaomi smartphones. It can be used only with a fully functional device.
Through Mi Cloud service and Google account
The fourth method is suitable for resetting the smartphone settings remotely. By itself, the main purpose of this method is to reset the smartphone if it is lost. Those. if your smartphone is stolen, you can safely erase all data via the Mi Cloud.
I draw your attention, we consider resetting via Mi Cloud, assuming that your smartphone is connected to the service.
- Go to the official website of Mi Cloud
- Log in to your account
- Select “Find device”
- Click “Erase Data”
You can also read detailed instructions on setting up Mi Cloud on our website.
Discharge through third-party recovery
Factory reset Xiaomi through third-party recovery deservedly ranks third on our list. There is nothing special in this method, the only thing is that it is suitable for owners of smartphones with an unlocked bootloader.
- Turn off the smartphone
- Hold down the power key and volume up
- We get to the recovery menu
- There is a possibility of changing the language (there is no Russian)
- Drag the half-knob to the right to reset
- Waiting for the reset to complete
- Reboot the system
Before resetting Xiaomi to factory settings through third-party recovery, be sure to pay attention to the Team Win Recovery Project version. The order may differ, it makes sense to find detailed instructions for your version
Hard Reset Xiaomi through recovery mode
Resetting to factory settings via Recovery is a more serious method that can be used only if you have an unlocked bootloader.
So, to reset the settings:
- Turn off the smartphone
- Press the power button and volume up
- After the phone vibrated, release the power button, while holding the volume up
- Select the language, confirm the selection by pressing the power button
- Next, select the item “Wipe and Reset”. Navigation is carried out using the volume up / down buttons
- Next “Yes”
- We are waiting for the completion of the hard reset, and we restart the smartphone
It will be optimal to reset the settings to factory settings in this way if the smartphone stops turning on or lags (slows down) a lot. Of course, if you can get to the reset through the standard menu, it would be better to use the method.
This article provides the standard ways to reset your Xaomi smartphone to factory settings. If these options did not help to cope with the problem, then it makes sense to reflash the phone, but for this the best option is to contact the service center. If you are determined to do it yourself, be sure to first read the special articles and video instructions.
Reboot Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 with buttons
Android provides an emergency forced reboot option, which is performed the same way on almost all existing smartphones. The option can be activated using the following hotkey combination:
- Hold down the power (unlock) and volume up buttons.
- After the display turns off and the phone vibrates. release.
If the option with the volume up button did not give a result, then you should reboot using the decrease. Of course, this approach is relevant if the mechanical keys are working.
Things are much more serious when your favorite gadget does not fully respond to the power button. There is no universal recommendation for such a case. Representatives of manufacturers and service centers advise you to try one of the following ways to rescue a frozen phone:
- Incoming call. you should ask someone to call the problem smartphone. If the display shows an incoming call, then you need to quickly call the restart menu by holding down the power button.
- If the power button does not work, then wait until the gadget is discharged. A complete power outage in this case will interrupt the processes that caused the failures. You can check if the problem is solved by charging the phone a little and turning it on.
- Some smartphones are equipped with the Reset service button, which activates an instant restart immediately after pressing. It is present, in particular, on some models from Sony and HTC, and is located next to the USB-connector (not to be confused with the hole for the microphone) or in the place for installing the SIM-card slot. It should be pressed gently using a thin needle or toothpick.
If you manage to bring the device to its senses, it is recommended to manually check the list of recently installed software and remove the questionable one. It is also worth running a regular antivirus and following the recommendations of the operating system. In case of constant freezes, you can try restoring to factory settings or contacting a service center.
How to restart Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 phone if it freezes
Until a few years ago, almost all Android smartphones were equipped with collapsible cases. In case of system failures, device owners could perform a quick reboot by removing the battery for a couple of seconds. Today it is impossible to solve such a cardinal problem. the design of gadgets will not allow access to the battery. To figure out how to reboot the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 phone, if it freezes, it will turn out without much difficulty. the developers of the popular operating system have provided several ways.
- errors in the work of the graphical shell or when updating the OS;
- excessive filling of the internal memory of the device;
- crashes when updating software or firmware;
- sudden changes in ambient temperature;
- mechanical damage.
In many situations, rebooting helps the smartphone to recover. If the freezes are permanent, then you will have to resort to more serious measures.
The next method is relevant for such a problem. the smartphone freezes when turned on. This manifests itself in the form of a loading screen, which does not disappear anywhere for too long. Usually the device can be turned off by simply holding down the corresponding button. The situation can be resolved as follows:
- Put the smartphone on charge in order to eliminate the problem of a sudden shutdown due to a dead battery.
- Call the Recovery menu in the following way: on the turned off device, hold down the power and “volume up” buttons until vibration.
- After a couple of seconds, the display will show the menu required to restart. You must select the item “Reboot system now”. Within a couple of minutes, the smartphone should be fully loaded in normal mode.
If the system has not experienced serious failures, then a reboot using Recovery will be quick and safe. However, you can also face a complete failure of the operating system. The problem can be solved, but you will have to donate files located in the internal memory (everything saved on the MicroSD will remain in its place).
So, if the phone hangs on the splash screen when it is turned on, then restoring to factory settings will help to deal with the situation. This can be done following the instructions for accessing Recovery noted above, however, select the item “Wipe data / factory reset” in the menu. Since the Recovery may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, recovery may be hidden behind the “Wipe data” or “Advanced wipe” items. After a couple of minutes, the gadget will turn on and offer system configuration, which users usually perform after purchase. If such drastic methods do not work, that the only way out is to visit a service center.
For this method, we need the Android terminal emulator program. It can be downloaded from the Play Store. After that, we connect the smartphone to the PC and there are 2 options:
If you want to connect your phone as a media device (MTP):
- Open the terminal and write su, then click confirm.
- We write setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp, adb and press enter.
- Now we write reboot, press enter and the reboot will start,
You need to go to the phone settings, then additionally for developers USB debugging. enable This can help, but there are times when the item “for developers” is missing. This often happens due to antivirus software.
In this case, a factory reset will help you. Do not forget to save your data to the media beforehand, as it will be deleted.
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer? It would seem that what could be easier. took a USB cable and connected the PC to the smartphone. Usually in such cases, Android devices are detected and connected automatically, but what if this does not happen? There are several ways:
When the computer is connected to the smartphone, the connection notification appears on the latter, which disappears after a few seconds. If you didn’t have time. open the curtain and press.
A new window “Using USB” will open and then you need to select the file transfer mode.
If this does not help, read on.
Another option. on the PC, go to the Start menu Devices and Printers and select the model of your smartphone (if it appears), for example, Xiaomi Redmi 3. Hover over it and right-click (RMB) troubleshoot update the driver
Then go to My Computer and an icon with access to the phone’s memory should appear there.
To connect in USB mode:
At the second point, enter setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage, adb
This method has helped many owners of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Redmi 2, Redmi 3 pro, Mi Max, Redmi 3s phones, so try it, maybe it will solve your problem too.
How to reset Xiaomi Redmi 4 to factory settings using Hard Reset
After long-term use of a mobile device, its operating system gradually clogs up. Over time, minor braking and malfunctions occur, as a result of which it becomes less convenient to use a smartphone in comparison with the first experience. However, it is quite possible to restore the process of interaction to the initial one.
For this, a factory reset is applied, which can also be called a Hard Reset. Regarding the implementation, the procedure is very simple and fast, does not require special funds, so any user of the Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone can figure it out.
How to Hard reset on Xiaomi Redmi 4
Next, we will demonstrate how to perform a factory reset on a smartphone. As an example, a representative of the fourth generation Redmi line will be used. It should be noted that these instructions are also applicable to most other Xiaomi models, as they work on a similar platform.
In general, two main methods of action algorithms are provided. The first one is for new gadgets based on the Qualcomm chipset, where the recovery menu is initially locked. If you are a user of such a smartphone, then in the settings section there is a corresponding restore and reset option. Use it, and after a short time the procedure will be completed, after which the device will be reset to factory settings. This option is the most practical and popular, therefore it is used by the majority of users of current Xiaomi gadgets.
Reset through recovery
If the bootloader is not locked on your gadget, then you can perform the procedure using recovery, for this:
- First of all, remove the SIM card and microSD from the case. Otherwise, the data localized on them may be damaged or deleted. It is also recommended to restore the battery charge. Despite the fact that the operation is not long enough to drain the battery, additional safety net should be performed before any manipulations with the software part of the Xiaomi phone;
- Turn off your smartphone completely;
- Press the power and volume up key at the same time. The combination is intended to go to the recovery menu;
- The list of possible languages contains many unknown to the average user and popular English. Since there is no Russian option, select English. Navigation in the menu occurs through the power and volume buttons. In practice, the latter allows you to move up and down, and the power key confirms the selection;
- In the new window, you need the “Wipe all data” section, which is designed to delete information from the device. The system will ask if you are sure of your actions, where to select “Wipe clean”;
- At the end of the manipulation, the gadget will start deleting user settings and returning to the factory state. The work process can be displayed on the screen as a percentage. After the operation is completed, in a few minutes, the smartphone will restart;
- Next, the standard phone setup page will be displayed, where you need to enter the time, Mi account details and the rest. That is, carry out all the steps in accordance with the initial activation, although you should be aware of the procedure.
When and why to do Hard Reset?
In addition to circumstances with a deterioration in the performance of the gadget in prolonged operation, there are other situations in which a reset is necessary, for example:
- Preparing your smartphone for software reinstallation;
- Locking the device after multiple incorrect password entry, both graphic and numeric, without the ability to gain access.
Before changing the firmware, xiaomium.ru recommends performing a factory restore so that the new software is not used above the previous settings. With this option, you will probably not have old failures in the device after changing the operating system. However, if you are unable to unlock your phone because you do not remember the password, only Hard Reset can solve the problem. Security settings also apply to user data that will be deleted.
A couple of important notes
It should be noted that if a custom OS is installed on your device, then the names of all items may differ. Regardless of the conditions, you need to use the option with the word Wipe, which is designed to restore to factory settings. Before performing the procedure, make sure that the battery is fully charged, as if the device turns off during the procedure, it will not be easy to reactivate.
The first boot after the reset takes longer than usual, but this feature is quite standard. The system restarts with the original settings and lasts longer. We hope our instructions will help you carry out the procedure on a Xiaomi smartphone without serious difficulties.
How to factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 3S
Xiaomi mobile phones are renowned for their performance and durability, but like any technology, over time they can start to perform worse than on the day of purchase. What is the reason for this? There are two main options: either the hardware is worn out, or you need to update the software. There is also an option that the deterioration in the functioning of the gadget was the result of changes made by the user in the settings.
The main thing that you need to know is that if your phone starts to junk, it is fixable, and therefore you should definitely not be nervous. In the same way that computer problems are most often solved by cleaning or completely reinstalling the operating system, in the case of a phone, a factory reset or rollback to the state of the operating system recently can help. This procedure is also called Hard Reset, and in this article we will tell you how to make a Hard Reset on a Xiaomi Redmi 3S phone. The described actions are suitable for both Redmi 3 Pro and any other configuration of the “troika”.
- Ways to Perform Hard Reset on Xiaomi Redmi 3S
- Reset in phone settings
- Recovery mode
- Using third-party recovery systems
Ways to Perform Hard Reset on Xiaomi Redmi 3S
You can return to the factory settings using three main methods:
- With the help of simple manipulations with the “Settings” menu in the phone;
- Through more complex work in Recovery Mode;
- Using third-party programs.
A full reset is possible using each of them, but the procedure itself will be different. Let’s talk in more detail about each of the methods.
Reset in phone settings
We open the settings menu, and there should be a “Restore and Reset” button. We select this item, and in the menu that appears, select “Reset settings”. It remains to press this key to execute Hard Reset.
This method is indispensable for newer models of the Redmi line, because they do not have the ability to use the bootloader to change the parameters of the device deeper. But for Factory Reset on Xiaomi Redmi 3S it will be enough.
Now let’s see how the factory reset works on models with an unlocked bootloader with Qualcomm processors. In particular, the method was used in practice for Reset Xiaomi Redmi 3S, but will be irrelevant, for example, for the “five”. Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn off the gadget.
- We remove SIM and SD cards to ensure the safety of personal data.
- Hold down the power button until the phone vibrates.
- Hold the volume control “” for about 10 seconds.
- When the “Mi” logo appears on the screen, you can release the power button.
- Next, a screen with a choice of language will appear. it is best to choose English, since the settings are made easier on it.
- We get to the main menu, where we select “Wipe and Reset” using the volume and power keys.
- In the newly appeared menu, tap on “Wipe User Data”, thereby confirming the deletion of all user data.
- We are waiting for the phone to return to factory settings and reboot the device.
This method can be used on Xiaomi Redmi up to “fours”. The main condition is that the gadget works on a processor of any version made by Qualcomm.
Using third-party recovery systems
Also, the settings can be reset to factory settings using third-party recovery systems. Using this method is popular among many owners of Xiaomi gadgets. There are plenty of recovery options on the Internet, and through whichever of them the user resets the settings, the algorithm of his actions is usually similar.
- Turn off the phone.
- We start the recovery, for which, as in the previous case, you need to hold down the power and volume up keys.
- In the menu that opens, select “Wipe all user data”. Now you do not need to choose the language, since the vast majority of the recovery are already in English by default.
- We confirm the intention to erase all data. If you see several items, then you need to reset each of them in turn.
- When the process is completed, in order to reboot the device, you need to select “Reboot System Now”.
Now you know how to factory reset Xiaomi. The main thing is to familiarize yourself in detail with the characteristics of the gadget before using any of the methods and understand whether the chosen method is suitable specifically for your phone.
How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi Go Phone from Settings Menu?
Attention! Because of FRP (Factory Reset Protection, that is, protection against reset), Android will ask you to enter your account login and password, which was assigned before the Hard Reset procedure. Therefore, if you plan to sell a smartphone, you must log out of your Google account (“Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Delete account”) before resetting so that the person who receives your phone can activate his profile on it.
Given the wide range of Android phones and the complexity of describing the factory reset process for a specific model, we will show the guide using three fundamentally different devices and firmware as examples:
- Mi A1 on pure Android, which is also used in Nokia, Motorola, OnePlus (has a slightly redesigned system) and in all devices released about the Android One program;
- Galaxy S7 running Samsung Experience. Recall that the Korean corporation is the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, so it makes sense to show this shell too;
- Redmi Note 5 on MIUI. The products of this company are in great demand in the CIS, so we could not ignore it.
The easiest way to do Hard Reset is through a special menu in the system parameters. Note again that the location and name of the items may differ slightly depending on the phone used. The main thing is to find the main category for recovery and reset.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (shell Samsung Experience)
- Go to the settings in a way convenient for you.
- At the bottom, click on the “General Settings” tab.
- Select “Reset” (“Archive and Reset”).
- Tap on “Reset data”.
- Click on the blue reset button.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Next”.
- Click on “Delete all” (“Reset device”).
Your phone will restart. It will remain to customize it as after purchase.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (pure Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the application menu or launch them using the icon in the notification shade.
- Scroll down and go to the “System” section.
- Click “Reset”.
- Select “Erase All Data” (“Reset to Factory Settings”).
- Confirm your intention by pressing the button below.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Continue”.
- Select “Erase All”.
The device will reboot and you will need to go through the initial setup again as if it were a new phone.
Factory reset (hard reset) for Xiaomi Redmi Go phone
There are many reasons why you might need to perform a Hard Reset on your Xiaomi Redmi Go smartphone. Typically, this procedure is performed to restore the health of a system that has been violated by viruses, deleting system files, “clumsy” firmware updates and many other things. Hard Reset is very easy to perform on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to back up the system and files. We will discuss all this in detail below.
How to create a backup?
Attention! The reset will erase all data on the Xiaomi Redmi Go phone. If you have not backed up your contacts, images, videos, documents and everything else, then you must do so, otherwise you will lose all personal information that was on the device.
To avoid losing your data, follow these guidelines.
- Upload photos, documents and videos to your computer via USB. You can also use Google Photos to backup images, and Google Drive cloud service is suitable for documents and folders, but you can upload the number of files to it. You will have to pay to expand storage.
- In order not to lose contacts and applications, activate cloud sync in settings. Go to the path “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup”. Enable Google Account Backup.
Once done, you can Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi Go.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the “Advanced Options” window.
- Click on “Backup and reset”.
- Select “Factory data reset”.
- To remove absolutely all applications and files, check the “Clear internal memory”.
- It remains to click on “Reset settings” and enter the password, if required.
Attention! As you can see, the main thing is to find the “Reset” section. In order not to be guaranteed not to “wander” in all parameters in search of the desired menu, it is easier on the main page to enter the query “Reset” in the search box. Select the desired menu from the proposed list and you will immediately get into it. And then everything is as in the instructions.
How to perform Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi Go via Recovery?
This is a useful method if your phone has a problem that prevents it from loading. It is for such cases that a recovery mode is needed, through which it will be necessary to produce a Hard Reset.
- If your phone is on, turn it off.
- Hold down the power and volume down buttons (if nothing happens, read our separate article on how to enter Recovery).
- Instead of normal loading, you will see a menu where navigation is performed using the volume keys (move the cursor) and power (select).
- Go down to the category “Wipe data / factory reset” and click on it with the power key.
- Highlight ‘Yes’ to confirm reset.
Upon completion of the reset, the device will reboot and display the standard welcome and settings window. Again, the menu names may differ slightly depending on the model.