Conclusion Failed to reset iPad via iTunes? This guide is for you! Here are the three best ways to restore your iPad to factory defaults without iTunes, and then your iPad will look like new.
“My iPad mini 4 has been used for so long that it stores too much content and data. I plan to restore it to factory default settings. I tried using iTunes to reset it, but failed. How do I reset my iPad to factory settings without using iTunes? “
In some cases you want to restore your iPad to factory settings, When your iPad stores too many files or data, you may need to delete them. You can quickly clear all of the contents of your iPad by restoring your iPad to its factory settings. As we all know, using iTunes can complete this process. But sometimes you can’t access iTunes. Today we’re going to talk about how to reset the iPad to factory settings without iTunes.
When you need to restore your iPad?
- Your iPad is frozen, and it doesn’t even support you to perform some of the most basic operations, such as taking pictures and listening to songs.
- The iPad often freezes and can’t work properly, and it’s very slow.
- If you want to sell, repair or give away your iPad, you need to erase all personal files and data to protect your privacy.
- Your iPad is infected with a virus, is suspected of being hacked, and wants to restore the factory settings.
- Erase all personal data on your iPad to free up storage space, otherwise it will reboot.
If your iPad is having the same problems as above, but you can’t access iTunes to reset it. Don’t worry, you can explore the following three methods to restore iPad factory settings without iPad.
Factory reset iPad without password (iCloud password / Apple ID password)
If you don’t remember your Apple ID / iCloud password or buy a used iOS device If your Apple ID is locked and you want to wipe your iPad, you can use iPad Unlocker to remove Apple ID from your iPad without a password and then reset your iPad to factory settings.
Here’s how to restore your iPad to factory settings without an iCloud password. Please follow the instructions below, step by step:
Run iPad Unlocker on your computer and connect iPad to PC with USB cable.
Click the “Unlock Apple ID” module in the program’s interface and click “Start Unlocking”. Keep your iPad connected during the process, and Lockwiper will remove Apple ID from your iPad in minutes.
After deleting an Apple ID from your iPad, you can switch to another Apple ID or create a new one. You can also upgrade to the latest version of iOS wirelessly without losing the Apple ID you just got. And the bypassed iPad won’t be remotely locked or deleted by the previous Apple ID user.
Reset the iPad without iTunes. On your iPad, go to “Settings” “General” scroll down and hit “Reset” “Erase all content and settings”. Then you’re all set. You can also back up your iPad before you reset it.
How to reset your iPad back to factory settings through iTunes
The second way to reset your iPhone to factory settings is to resort to iTunes. But in order for this method to work you must first turn off the “Find iPhone” function in the settings of the iPhone. To do this, you need to go to the iPhone settings, open the “iCloud” section and disable the “Find iPhone” function there.
After disabling the “Find iPhone” function, you can proceed to reset your iPhone to factory settings via iTunes. To do this you will connect your iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes and click on the iPhone icon.
That will take you to the iPhone settings in iTunes. Here you need to go to the “Review” subsection.
Next, on the right side of the screen you need to find the “Restore iPhone” button and click on it. It should be noted that just below there is also a “Restore from Copy” button, but it has a different function. If you want to reset your iPhone to factory settings, then you need to press the “Restore iPhone” button.
After you have clicked on “Restore iPhone”, you will see a message box telling you to reset your iPhone to factory defaults. Click on the “Restore” button to continue.
Simply wait for iTunes to reset your iPhone back to factory defaults.
How to Reset Your iPad Password When It’s Locked/Disabled
To restore your iPad to factory settings in recovery mode:
On your iPad, “Find iPad” is disabled.
Launch iTunes on your computer. Then connect iPad to computer with USB cable.
Boot your iPad into recovery mode. You can press and release the volume up button and then the volume down button, press and hold the sleep/wake button at the top of the iPad and hold the sleep/wake button until it goes into recovery mode.
If you want to try DFU mode, follow these steps:
- Make sure the iDevice is turned off.
- Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.
- While holding down the power button, press and hold down the volume down button. Then hold down the two buttons for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button and continue to hold down the volume down button for 5 seconds. If the screen is black, it means it’s in DFU mode.
iTunes will detect the status of the iPad and open a window to restore or update the iPad. Click Restore to reset your iPad to factory settings.
iTunes will now begin restoring your iPad to factory settings. This could take up to 15 minutes. Wait patiently.
Once completed, your iPad will exit recovery mode, which means that the factory reset was successful.
Reset iPad via Settings
If you want to reset your iPad to factory settings, the easiest way is to use the corresponding function in Settings. To do this, you need to go to the iPad Settings and go to the “Basic” section there.
Next, you need to scroll to the bottom of the list and open the “Reset” subsection.
This takes you to a section with settings related to resetting your iPad. The following functions are available here: Reset All Settings, Erase Content and Settings, Erase Network Settings, Reset Home Button Settings, Reset Keyboard Dictionary, Reset Geolocation Settings. If you want to reset your iPad to factory settings, “Reset All Settings” or “Erase Content and Settings” will work for you. Select one of these features and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
- The “Erase All Settings” feature deletes your iPad settings. All settings are reset to factory defaults while your data remains untouched. This feature is suitable if you have any problems with your settings. For example, something hangs or does not work as it should.
- The “Erase Content & Settings” feature is a complete factory reset of your iPad. Using this function will reset all settings back to factory defaults and any user content that was on your iPad will be deleted. This reset option is appropriate if you plan to sell your iPad or just pass it on to someone else.
Hard reset your iPad without iTunes
There is another effective method for resetting the iPad to factory settings. To do this, you need to use a powerful program. Tenorshare ReiBoot. A distinctive feature of this program is that its tools allow you to solve any technical problem, while saving the maximum amount of necessary information in the device. The app works fully with virtually all Apple devices. The main requirement. an operating system no lower than version 7. You need to perform the following steps:
- Turn the app on your PCE and then sync your cell phone or tablet with it.
- Wait for iPad recognition, then click on the button to fix the operating system.
- Next, you’ll need to select deep restore (keep in mind that this feature is designed to fix difficult situations, so all data will be deleted when you’re done).
- Click on “Start” button and put iPad into recovery mode.
- The next step is to download the package update to the program through the special button “Download” (you will need to wait for a few minutes).
- After downloading the update, click on the restore button.
- When the procedure is finished, the main window of the program will display a notification, and then the device will automatically reboot.
Reset iPhone without Apple ID via UkeySoft Unlocker
UkeySoft Unlocker is an excellent and feature-rich iPhone unlocker, Apple ID unlocker and iCloud activation unlocker. With its support, you can easily remove Apple ID from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch without a password, preserving your data and apps. After unlocking your Apple ID from your iDevice, you can log in with your Apple ID or create a new one, then you can use the feature provided by Apple.
How to reset iPhone without Apple ID through UkeySoft Unlocker? Download and install UkeySoft Apple ID Unlocker on your computer, then run it. You will see two functions on its interface, to remove Apple ID without password, click “Unlock Apple ID”.
Tips: If you want to unlock iPhone / iPad / iPod touch lock screen, you can use the “Unlock Screen Passcode” feature of this tool.
Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable, then click “Next”, you will see the page shown below.
When the software detects that it’s successfully connected, click the “Start” button to begin erasing the Apple ID.
While unlocking, you need to make sure your device is properly connected. You only need to wait a minute to complete.
After a while, you will see “Successfully deleted Apple ID” shown on the screen. Then you can enter your Apple ID or create a new one.
Note: Here are the limitations of this tool.
How to erase everything from your iPhone or iPad
This is the easiest, fastest, and most convenient way to erase everything from your iPhone or iPad. These instructions are valid for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Go to “Settings” “General” “Transfer or resetiPhone”.
- Tap “Erase content and settings.
- Review the list of everything that will be deleted and click “Continue”.
- Enter your iPhone password. You will see a warning message that all data, media, and settings will be erased. Press “Erase iPhone” to confirm.
- If you have “Find iPhone” enabled, you’ll need to enter your Apple ID and password. After that, click “Erase” again.
All data on your device will be erased and it will be unlinked from your Apple ID account. The process of deleting data can take a few minutes. After that, your iPhone will be as good as new and you can set it up again or sell/gift it.
How to reset a locked iPad without a password
Conclusion If you don’t know how to reset your iPad when you forget your password, review this guide to find ways to restore a locked iPad Pro / Air / Mini without password using 4.
“How stupid am I, I forgot my password and now my iPad is locked. How to reset a locked iPad without a password? “
If you also encounter the same situation described above, you want to reset your iPad without using a password, you’ll get help from this article. In general, you need to reset your iPad if you encounter the following:
You need to delete all existing data on your iPad before you sell or give it away You get a used iPad, but it’s locked and you don’t know the password. You forgot your password. Your iPad is disconnected or not responding, then you need to reset it to factory settings You want to perform a reset to resolve some software issues on your iPad.
Setting a password on your iPad. One of the best ways to protect your privacy. However, this can sometimes be tricky because if you haven’t used your password for a while, you may have forgotten your password. The iPhone lock can be activated by entering the wrong password multiple times. If your iPad is locked and you don’t know the correct password, relax, read on and find four effective ways to restore your iPad to factory settings without a password.