Reboot Iphone 5 Without Power Button
Any user of Apple-technology, and in particular the iPhone, at least once, but faced with the problem of rebooting or involuntarily turning off his smartphone. The phone does not respond to pressing the “Home” and “Power” buttons, the touch screen also does not work.
Is that familiar? What to do if the iPhone freezes and does not turn off? We offer you a detailed guide on how to restart your iPhone from any state.
How to restart iPhone 4,5,6,7 in normal mode?
To begin with, let’s remember how to restart the iPhone in normal mode, when all the functions of the phone are working.
You can turn off the iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7 by performing the following manipulations:
- You must press and hold the “Power” key for several seconds, which is located in the upper end part of your device. The result of these actions is the appearance of two large buttons “Turn off” and “Cancel” on the smartphone screen.
- Next, you need to drag your finger along the inscription “Turn off” from left to right, without lifting your finger from the screen. This gesture is also called “Swipe” (from the English. Swipe. to hold, pull). If everything is done correctly, the iPhone will begin the shutdown process. the screen will turn off and the device will stop responding to touch.
- The last step. you need to press the Power button again. you will see a black Apple logo sign on a white background.
With this method of restarting the gadget, all programs are saved in the multitasking panel and after disconnecting the phone, you can easily get access to all previously launched applications.
How to turn off iPhone if it freezes or Hard Reboot
How to forcibly turn off an iPhone if it freezes and does not respond to touching the sensor, the lock and home buttons do not work? In this case, the “hard” reset method of the iPhone will help you. For this:
- On iPhone 4 (4s), 5 (5s, c) and 6 (6s, 6s Plus) devices, you need to simultaneously hold down the “Power” and “Home” buttons. In other words, you need to hold the round Home button and the lock button at the top of the smartphone. For iPhone 7, in this case the key combination is slightly different. you need to simultaneously hold down the lock and volume down keys “-”. The buttons need to be held for about ten seconds, sometimes a little longer.
- When the device screen goes blank, release the buttons and wait until the Apple logo appears on a black background. If this does not happen, then press the lock button and briefly hold it.
- If your smartphone still does not restart, try again. You probably didn’t hold the buttons long enough. Again, you need to hold down the keys for at least ten seconds.
- The last point is how to turn on the iPhone. To do this, briefly press the lock button and wait until the company logo appears on the display on a white background.
This method is practically trouble-free if you suddenly encounter the problem of turning off your mobile device. But it is worth remembering that this method forces the phone to completely reboot in forced mode, interrupting all processes and the operation of programs. That is why it is recommended to use it only in situations where other methods do not work.
Once turned on, the iPhone multitasking panel will not contain any programs. The processes of connecting to a cellular and Wi-Fi network will be restarted.
How to turn off the iPhone without a button?
And we came to the most interesting. how to turn off the iPhone, if the “Home” or “Power” button does not work?
Let’s go in order. The creators of the iOS-based technology have thought of methods to turn off and restart without the top lock button or the central Home key. The function we need is called “Assistive Touch” and is based on the principle of touching the display.
To get started with this feature, you need to know how to enable “Assistive Touch”:
- You need to go to “Settings” → “General” → “Universal Access”.
- Next, you need to scroll to the “Interaction” block and select “Assistive Touch”. Or you can go to “Settings” and start writing the word “Assistive” in the search field and iPhone will offer you the necessary item.
- The next step is to drag the activation slider for the function we need to the “On” position (on newer versions of iOS in this position, the background of the slider turns green). After switching on, a square gray-white button should appear on the screen, which is responsible for this functionality.
- So, to restart the iPhone without buttons, you must click on the sensor within this icon. If everything is done correctly, then it should expand in the menu of the following form:
- Next, you need to press the “Device” button in the menu that opens and hold down the “Screen Lock” icon for 2-3 seconds. As a result, you will see the standard iPhone shutdown screen. two “Turn off” and “Cancel” buttons. What to do next. you already know.
- The last step is to turn on the device. for this you need to connect the phone to a computer, laptop or netbook using a standard USB cable and it will automatically turn on in standard mode.
Other custom ways to restart your iPhone
If you want to quickly restart your iPhone, we recommend using the following methods:
- In order to turn off the device, you need to go to “Settings” → “General” → “Universal Access”.
- Next, enable the “Bold Font” function by swiping the slider to the right.
- The device prompts you to reboot.
The advantage of this method is its speed. The only change that will occur due to the activation of this function is a change in the font thickness. But if you need to restart your smartphone with a minimum of steps, this method is for you.
Reset Network Settings
- To quickly turn off the phone, go to Settings, then to the General tab.
- Scroll to the very end of the list. Click on the “Reset” item.
- In the window that opens, select “Reset network settings.”
- In the next step, the iPhone will prompt you to enter a password (if your device is protected) and perform a reboot.
The disadvantage of this method is the fact that after restarting you will lose all network data: settings and passwords from the Wi-Fi network, as well as the configuration of mobile Internet.
This article is aimed at describing methods and ways to turn off the iPhone from any state: in normal mode, if the smartphone freezes and does not respond to the sensor and keystrokes, if the “Home” and “Power” buttons do not work. In the course of solving the problems of restarting the device, the control method with the touch of the touch panel, “Assistive Touch”, was considered, which allows us not only to cope with the problem of turning off the iPhone without using buttons, but also to set up the device’s time by using iOS gestures. It is also worth noting that the above function will not allow you to turn off the iPhone 4,5,6,7 if the display does not work or freezes. In this case, you still have to turn to technical specialists.
If you still have any questions regarding the emergency shutdown of your device, then ask them in the comments, and we will make every effort to quickly respond to them and help solve the problems.