Despite the fact that smartphones from the Chinese brand Meizu have established themselves as practical and reliable devices, from time to time various kinds of incidents happen to them. One of these troubles is the inability to fully or even partially charge the device. There may be several reasons for this. Let’s try to find out why the Meizu MX5, M3 Note or another phone model takes a long time to charge or does not respond at all to the connected power supply.
The main reasons for the lack of charge on Meise
On all smartphones without exception, sooner or later there are problems with power supply. And there is an adequate justification for this. the connectors for connecting the power cord are loosened and broken due to long-term operation, and the batteries eventually lose their capacity or even fail.
However, not only this can lead to the fact that the Meizu M2 Note phone does not charge. The reasons for improper charging should also include:
- power adapter burnout;
- bending or breaking the cord;
- microcontroller breakdown;
- incorrect battery calibration.
We consider each case in more detail.
Mechanical problems with Meizu batteries
In order to find out why the Meizu M5 Laptop, Meizu M2 mini or another phone are not charging, you must follow the following algorithm:
- Locate a known working cable and try charging with it. If at the same time the power indicator, located on the gadget’s body, does not light up, then it is not a matter of the cord.
- With frequent voltage drops, the power supply that comes with the smartphone may burn out. To check it, also try charging the phone with a different adapter.
- Meizu U10 will charge slowly if the charging output is less than recommended. Therefore, look at how many amperes your unit produces. So, for batteries with a capacity of 2000-3800 mAh, it is recommended to use an adapter of 1.2-1.8 A. For batteries more than 4000 mAh, use a 2 A charger.
- If the Meizu M5 does not charge, inspect the micro USB input for dirt. Perhaps the cause of the problem lies in its contamination or oxidation.
- Check if the micro USB connector is swaying. With prolonged use, it can simply break off the phone board. In this case, you will need to take Meise to the workshop.
The batteries used in Meizu M2 mini and other mobile devices have a certain working resource (the number of charge / discharge cycles), after which their capacity drops. And with heavy loads and overheating (for example, during a long game in a resource-intensive game or when the user simultaneously charged the battery and watched the on YouTube), they can be swollen at all, which will negatively affect their further charging.
To check the condition of the battery, the easiest way is to visually inspect it for blisters and other defects. However, Meizu are issued with a non-separable case, that is, it is quite difficult to get to the battery independently. Therefore, you have to be content with a software diagnostic method.
Detect the problem with the battery helps the Battery Monitor application:
- Download this utility to your phone from the Play Market.
- Launch it and open the “Status” section.
- Check battery status, temperature, voltage, and actual capacity.
- Connect the power adapter to the gadget and see if the value in the “Status” line changes from “Disabled” to “Connected”, and also does the real capacity of the product increase.
In the presence of these changes, we can conclude that the power circuit is operational, and the problem is most likely of a software nature. If, after connecting the unit, no changes have occurred, there is a possibility of failure of the power controller. In this case, the phone will have to be taken to a service center.
If your Meizu M3 Note does not charge at all or charging takes place slowly and not to the end, do not write off software malfunctions. One of these failures is incorrect battery calibration. To eliminate it, you must:
- Open root access on your smartphone using Framaroot or another program.
- Install the Battery Calibration app, which can be found on the Play Store.
- Run it and allow to work with root rights.
- Connect the power supply to Maze and fully charge the phone. If the indicator on the smartphone does not show the actual capacity, tap “Beep if charged to 100%”. When the battery is charged, the program will emit a beep.
- Click “Battery Calibration”, thereby starting the calibration.
- Charge and discharge the battery again.
After that, a fully charged battery will show the actual capacity, and the charging process will be performed without interruption.