Many people know that sometimes even almost new earphones stop working normally. In one of them, noise may appear, the sound sinks, and sometimes completely disappears. In this situation, you should not immediately run to the service center. Most headphone problems can be resolved on your own at home. Even someone who does not understand the technology will cope with the repair.
In order to quickly fix the headphones, it is worth preparing tools and materials. If they are large and mounted on small screws, then it is worth choosing a suitable screwdriver. You will also need a clerical knife, a lighter. You can connect the parts using tape, epoxy glue, but it is better to use tubes that have the function of heat shrink. Dangling wiring is most often connected with a soldering iron. On the other hand, you can do without it. The wires are stripped and then twisted together. Of the additional devices you may need a multimeter. He easily determines the place of the cliff.
DIY headphone repair
Breakage often occurs due to tears inside the cord and poor build quality. To eliminate them, you do not need special skills and tools. You may need a screwdriver and a soldering iron. First, find out what the problem is and find the place where the breakdown occurred. We will analyze the most common options and how to eliminate them.
A wire break is manifested by extraneous noise and interference. Over time, the sound in the 1st earphone completely disappears. In this situation, they are looking for a break place. Walk around the cord with your fingers, after connecting the headphones and turning on the music. Pay special attention to the bend area and the input area of the wire into the earphone. In the right place you will hear characteristic sounds.
You can proceed in different ways. according to where the breakdown is located. If a wire break occurs inside the earphone, then it must be untwisted. Large ones usually use screws. Small droplet earphones can be opened using a regular sharp knife. They are usually glued on the sides.
In an open earphone, wire breakage is also detected by touch. Walk around the cord and listen to the sound. After you have found the right place, you will need to cut the wire below it. Next, the cord is smoothed out to the wire and soldered to it in the same way as it was originally. Many headphones inside are tied to a knot. If the wire is connected in this way, then after trimming it must be tied, and then soldered. Check the sound in the headphone. If everything is in order, then collect it back. In the event that this cannot be done, use epoxy glue.
Also, the wire may break off inside the plug. This problem is also audible in working headphones when palpating with your fingers. In such a situation, you need to get to the inner wire and cut it in the right place. Previously, the plug is stripped of rubber. Next, they look for the place of connection of the wire and connector. The idle section is cut and soldered. Instead of the cleaned rubber, an epoxy shell is made over the plug. Additionally, on top of the plug, you can wrap the threads or use a plastic sheath from thick wire.
One earphone does not work: how to fix it?
This situation is very common, because during use, kinks of the cord are formed. As a result, in these places the headphone wire breaks. Also a problem occurs near the base. There is only one way out in this situation. find the cliff and cut the non-working part.
Plug the headphones into the jack and put music to play. Feel the cord with your fingers. Pay special attention to those places where obvious folds are visible. Wheezing or jamming sounds may appear on the idle line in the headphones. Using a knife, cut the cord below the desired location. Strip the wire. Solder plots. The grip can be strengthened with electrical tape to match the cord. Rubber bushings that are sold in radio parts look better. They are hollow tubes that are pulled over the cord.
One earphone does not work even with problems with the membrane plate. They are not used in all models. Most often, such membranes are placed in small acoustic headphones that are inserted into the ears. Sound problems arise if the channel is clogged or the surface is deformed. How to make headphones:
In the 1st case, it is necessary to open the case. Then carefully detach the plate. It is a small net. Take a cotton pad. Moisten it with alcohol and gently clean out any accumulated dirt. As a result, no particles should remain on the surface. Carefully reconnect the platinum. Close the earphone housing.
If the sound does not pass, then the point is the deformation of the membrane. In this case, it must be disconnected and gently straightened. Then the surface of the mesh is thoroughly wiped with a cotton pad with alcohol. The membrane is connected back, the housing is closed.
How to make your own headphones: useful tips
- Sometimes it happens that the sound in the headphones becomes quieter due to poor fit. There is an easy way to make your headphones louder and more comfortable. You will need some special Sugru silicone.
- First, take a small ball. Roll out a strip of sausage from this amount of silicone. Then wrap it around a poorly functioning headphone. If the rim is too long, then it should be cut with a clerical knife. Fingers give the desired shape to the silicone. We will do the same with the 2nd earphone. Leave the silicone for 1 hour to harden.
- A few tips:
- If a wire break occurs below the beginning of the branching of the wires going to the headphones, then you should pay attention to the correctness of their twisting. Inside the cord you will notice that they are connected in pairs by color. After circumcision, they are soldered according to the same principle.
- If you don’t have a soldering iron, and a break has occurred inside the cord, then connect the wires with a simple twist in a spiral. To do this, take both wires and hold them with your fingers. Then fasten their tips by rotating them together.
- reliable twisting. linear. Place 2 wires parallel to each other. Connect them so that the ends wrap around the opposite wire in a spiral from top to bottom.
- Sometimes it is very difficult to determine the location of a wire break. A multimeter will help to solve the problem. To begin with, with the help of a clerical knife, an incision is made in the proposed place of the cliff. Then carefully pull out the wires. Next, you need to remove the plastic with which they are coated. The easiest way to do this is with a lighter. When a little plastic comes off the wire, attach a multimeter to the alleged idle spot. It will show if the site is really damaged. In this case, the multimeter should work in resistance mode.