Nokia 520 Does Not Turn Off Flight Mode
As a rule, installing firmware on a smartphone running Microsoft’s operating system runs smoothly, and upon completion of this process, users receive a device with a stable operating system. However, there are isolated cases when problems arise after reflashing the smartphone software.
So, for example, some Microsoft Lumia 640 users are faced with the fact that after installing the firmware with Windows Phone 8.1, they automatically turned on and hung the “Airplane” mode. If this problem appears on your smartphone, this instruction will help you get rid of it.
- Open drive “C” and create a folder Firmware.
- Open the folder you just created and copy the original firmware file with the extension ffu into it. If the firmware installation on the smartphone was carried out through a utility from Microsoft called the Windows Device Recovery Tool, then you can find the directory in which the firmware file is stored, along the way: C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Packages \ Product
- Go to the following path:
C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Care Suite \ Windows Device Recovery Tool (in the 64-bit version of the OS, you need to open Program Files (x86) and go to the specified path).
- On the keyboard, hold down the Shift key and right-click on an empty spot in the Windows Device Recovery Tool folder.
- In the menu that appears under the cursor, select “Open Command Window”.
- In the command prompt window that opens, paste the following command:
Thor2.mode uefiflash.ffufile file.ffu.skip_flash.do_full_nvi_update, where file.ffu. full path to the original firmware file.
Example command: Thor2.mode uefiflash.ffufile “C: \ Firmware \ RM1077_02166.00000.15103.05001_RETAIL_prod_signed_1012_01E280_000-33.ffu” skip_flash.do_full_nvi_update
- Unlock the smartphone screen and connect it to the computer.
- Make the command line window active and press the “Enter” key.
- After successful execution of the command, restart the smartphone by holding the power key for 10 seconds.
- Unlock the smartphone screen if it is locked again.
- In the command prompt window that appears, paste the following command:
Thor2.mode uefiflash.ffufile file.ffu.skip_flash.do_factory_reset, where file.ffu. full path to the original firmware file.
Example command: “C: \ Firmware \ RM1077_02166.00000.15103.05001_RETAIL_prod_signed_1012_01E280_000-33.ffu” skip_flash.do_factory_reset
- Press the Enter key.
- After successful execution of the command, reboot your device by holding the power key for 10 seconds.