Today, almost any television panel can be connected to a personal computer or laptop. The connection of technology occurs through the HDMI connector. But often, users are faced with such a problem that the computer does not see the TV through the HDMI input or there is no sound. There are several reasons why such problems occur, so you need to identify the problem in sequence. Read also which cable to choose to connect the TV.
Device Connection Methods
Connecting a computer or laptop to the TV can occur in various ways:
- VGA or D-Sud cable. Almost all monitors, PCs and TVs have such a connector. This is an analog connection that will not best transmit all the nuances of files.
- DVI modern option. It can work with analog and digital devices. Has its own subclasses.
- S-video. In addition to it, you will have to purchase an adapter.
- RCA or tulips. The connection of a laptop and a TV using this method is rare.
- Scart. A popular way, since such a connector is in modern TV models.
- HDMI cable. A good option for connecting a computer.
The HDMI connector on a TV is usually located at the back or side. The computer almost immediately after the connection starts to see another device, but there may be problems that there is no image or other errors. At the same time, this is the most proven and common way to connect a laptop to a TV. See also how to connect your Xbox to your TV.
Common Causes of Connection Failure
If the TV does not see the laptop, and the connection is completed, then the reasons may be the following:
- The cable is not connected correctly or it is defective.
- Monitor settings error.
- Incorrect operation of a laptop or PC card.
- The settings are not configured on the TV itself or any other brand.
Let us examine in more detail why the TV does not see HDMI and the second device through it.
Equipment Verification Steps
- First of all, you need to check the quality of the wire connection and the condition of the connectors.
- Next, you need to check the correctness of computer settings.
- Then, driver updates and card settings are checked.
- Launch an antivirus program to scan for malware.
- Port check. It is recommended that you connect to another device.
If the TV connected to the PC suddenly stops working, and until that moment everything was set up correctly, it means the cable has come off or it has been interrupted. The first option is more common, as you can hook the adapter, just by passing. But the second is less common, since the optimal length of the HDMI cable is not so large as to lie on the floor and fall under someone’s heavy leg.
In any case, if there is no image, first of all check whether the connectors are fully inserted into both devices. And are there any foreign objects on the adapter itself. You can also try installing another cable to make sure that this error is absent. See also why the TV does not connect Wi-Fi.
When the TV does not see the laptop via HDMI immediately after connecting the equipment, it is most likely incorrect to select the signal source on the TV itself.
If there is no signal from the computer, then on the remote control from the TV you should find the “input”, “source” or “Imput” button, maybe “HDMI” is written directly on the TV from LG. Go to the window that opens and there, in the list of active inputs, select the one you need. Confirm the action by clicking on “OK”.
If the equipment still does not connect after the operations done, we will carry out the diagnostics further.
After making sure that the signal from the TV is on the right track, we proceed to the screen diagnostics of the laptop or PC, or rather, the settings. Any user with basic knowledge of their computer can conduct them:
- Point the mouse at any free space on the screen and click on the right button.
- In the list that appears, select “Screen Resolution” or “Graphic Characteristics” depending on the type of OS.
- Choose the appropriate option for displaying pictures on TV. The device passport has a valid permission, stick to it.
On the laptop to do everything easier. Press the “Fm” and F4 buttons at the same time, hold until the optimal option is selected. After that, the laptop will connect to the TV correctly and the error that there is no image will go away.
Graphics card error
Another reason why the device connection does not work is the incorrect functioning of the PC card. In this case, the laptop does not see another device or does not display an image on it.
To fix it, you need to try to install new drivers that are on the global network for each device model. Sometimes it may be necessary to completely reinstall or replace an item.
The last thing that could be the reason that the image via HDMI does not go to the TV is a broken port. For diagnostics, check the performance using other adapters. If the devices become visible, the error lay precisely in this.
If all the manipulations did not bring the proper result, then it is recommended to check the signal using other connection options.
Verification is performed as follows:
- Disconnect the equipment from the network.
- Connect the computer and the HDMI screen to the wire.
- Turn on the TV and press the “Sourse” key.
- In the column that appears, select the operating mode of the HDMI, click “OK”.
- Turn on the computer: while loading the OS, if everything is done, the TV screen and monitor will broadcast identical information.
- In the event that the signal does not appear, then you need to go to the “Device Manager”, are there any more connectors available for connection.
7. For example, if VGA is available, then you need to perform the same aLGorithm of actions, only in the settings to set the appropriate mode.
If even after these actions the equipment did not start working, then most likely the problem is an internal breakdown.
Thus, the computer may not see the TV via the HDMI cable for various reasons that can be diagnosed and eliminated at home without special knowledge in the field of modern technology. Read also how to make a TV from a computer monitor.