Lenovo Reinstalling Windows 8 1
Introducing Windows 8.1 Professional from a USB flash drive. This is done very simply: all stages take place automatically, the user only needs to select a section for the system and enter personal data. However, even such a simple procedure has its own nuances, which we will discuss later.
First you should find out its system requirements:
- A processor with a clock speed of at least 1 GHz. It must support PAE, NX and SIMD (These are processor functions that provide increased performance. They are necessary for the correct operation of the latest generation operating systems).
- RAM. at least 1 GB for a 32-bit system. For 64-bit versions, you will need at least 2 GB of RAM. The free space on the hard drive is at least 16 GB (for the x64 version. at least 20 GB). These numbers correspond to a “clean” OS, that is, without any firmware. The more it is, the better.
- A card with a memory capacity of at least 128 MB and support for Dirext X (version no lower than 9.0). Such data is only needed to activate the Aero visual theme. If your computer has an integrated (integrated) card, then in the BIOS settings you need to set the maximum performance. She borrowed memory from RAM.
- Free USB input.
- Internet access (optional). You will need it to activate, as well as to automatically download updates. In its absence, you can postpone this setting.
The whole process is divided into 2 stages for convenience. At the first stage, we will consider preparation for installation (or reinstallation), create a bootable USB flash drive. On the second, we will work with the installer.
Stage 1. Preparation
Download the Windows 8.1 image of the required bit depth:
We write the desired one to an empty flash drive, following the instructions from this article.
Save important data
Before starting the installation, you will need to perform a few simple steps:
- Back up important data.
- Just in case, find the driver discs in the old boxes. If you have any non-standard equipment (for example, a steering wheel), you should make sure that the drivers for it are compatible with Windows 8.
We set the boot sequence in the BIOS
BIOS is a program built into the motherboard that allows you to control some parameters of the PC hardware. It allows you to set the main parameters even in the absence of an installed OS. So, to run the Windows 8.1 setup program, you need to boot from the installation flash drive. To get into the BIOS, immediately after switching on, press a certain key. Usually it is F2 or Del, but there may be other options (F8-F12, Esc and others). On some Lenovo laptops, there is a special round button for entering the BIOS (has a logo with an arrow).
Once in the menu, you need to change the boot priority of devices:
- Use the arrows to open the item. Boot. Inside it we select Device priority.
- The boot priority setting menu opens. Most likely in the first place will be indicated Hard disk.
- We need to put in the first place the selected medium (CD, or USB flash drive). To do this, use the Enter key and the up and down arrows.
- At the end, select the item “Save and exit”, for the changes to take effect.
Stage 2. Installation
All the preliminary stages have been completed, the time has come for a decisive chord. Now we will understand the steps how to install Windows 8.1. It should be noted right away that the installation process of the OS has been greatly simplified, almost all stages are performed automatically.
Step number 1. We insert the USB flash drive into the USB port, we reboot. At boot time, a message such as “Press any key to boot” should appear on the screen. It means that you need to press any key (this should be done quickly). If everything is fine, the Windows icon will appear.
Step number 2. Language settings. The first item is the language of the system. The second is the format in which time and currency will be displayed. The third is keyboard input method. Everywhere we expose Russian and click “Next”.
Step number 3. Start of installation. A window will appear in which you must click the “Install” button. Also in this section you can restore the system by clicking on the corresponding button in the lower left corner.
Step number 3. Windows edition selection. Select the version from which you have an activation key. If there is no key, choose proferssional. we will activate it later like this.
Step number 4. We agree to the terms of the license. It may vary depending on the assembly, so it is worth reading. Then click “Next.”
Step number 5. Type of instalation. We select a custom installation, specify all the parameters manually and format the disk. As a result, we get a clean system without any garbage.
Step number 6. Partitioning a disk. A window for selecting the partition to install will appear. This is the most important step, so consider it in more detail. Once again, be sure to back up important files.
Step No. 6.1 When installing on a new disk. Consider the case when you install Windows on a new computer or laptop with an unallocated hard drive.
1. Create a section to install the system. Size. not less than 30 GB. To the question “To ensure that all of its features work correctly, Windows can create additional partitions for system files.»Answer “OK”.
2. Create a section for storing data. This will be drive D :. The next time you reinstall the system, all files on this disk will be saved. Therefore, photos, movies and favorite music are stored on D: drive, not on the desktop # 128578;
3. We select the section for installing the system (future C drive :), click next.
Step 6.2 When reinstalling. In the case of reinstalling Windows, we simply format the partition of the old system and install the new one there. This will delete all files, including viruses. To the question that formatting will destroy all data, answer “Ok”. The section “Reserved by the system” is not touched.
Step number 7. We wait. Next, the computer will start copying files and reboot several times.
Step number 8. Key entry. If it is, enter. If not, click the Skip button.
Step number 9. Personalization Here you need to select a color palette as desired, as well as set the computer name preferably in Latin letters.
Step number 10. Connection to a network. Then the system will offer to connect to the wireless network. If it is available. We are connected. To do this, click on the network name, and enter its password. Otherwise, select “connect later.” In our case, this window did not appear, because the computer is connected to the Internet via a local network (via a router).
Step number 11. Settings. In the next window, click on the “Configure” button and set everything as in this slide:
Step number 12. Microsoft account. Select “Create a new account.”
Step number 13. Select “Log in without a Microsoft account.” For authorization in the system, you must create a local account.
Step number 14. Enter username and password. The password can be set later, enter only the username. Latin preferably.
Step number 15. We are waiting for the installation to complete. The system will perform initial settings, install critical updates, and reboot several times.
Congratulations, Windows 8 is installed!
In the side menu, you can go to the “Parameters” item and change some settings that were selected during installation. As you can see, the installation process is very simple and anyone can handle it. The final tip is to create a backup of the system as often as possible so that in case of unforeseen errors return it to working condition. You just have to activate the system, install drivers and necessary programs, here is an article with detailed instructions.