Lenovo B570e How to Enable Wifi Windows 7
Connecting Wi-Fi on Lenovo brand laptops will not be difficult if the device is working properly, has the necessary software, and the transmitter provides sufficient signal power. But if at least one of these conditions is absent or not completely fulfilled, you won’t be able to turn on Wi-Fi, and this simple procedure will turn into a long and boring setup.
Therefore, first of all, it will be considered how to connect a working laptop to the Internet, then possible malfunctions that can cause problems when configuring Lenovo, and how to fix them.
We connect wi-fi in 4 clicks
Lenovo models differ from each other in a number of characteristics that do not affect the process of how to enable Wi-Fi, so the further guide will be suitable for each of them and will be considered within the three most used operating systems. Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
To connect Wi-Fi to your Lenovo device, do the following:
- In the lower right corner of the screen (it is also called a “tray”), left-click on the icon denoting an Internet connection. Regardless of the version of the operating system, it looks like outgoing from a single point wave signal. The following window will open.
- It provides a list of access points to which you can connect your Lenovo laptop. It is necessary to select the necessary one (in this case it is “Gostevaya”) and once again click on it with the left mouse button.
- A window opens prompting you to enter a password, which serves as protection against unauthorized access. It can be obtained from the owner of a specific point
There are frequent cases when you can turn on wi-fi without a password. In this case, the word “Protected” is replaced by “Available.”
- After entering the password, click the “Next” button.
In such a simple way, you can connect Wi-Fi on Lenovo laptops. If the implementation of these actions gave the desired result, then the article can not be read. Well, if not, you should pay attention to its next part. It describes not only options why the laptop could not be connected, but also ways to eliminate them.
What difficulties may arise
Most often, Lenovo cannot connect to the Internet for two reasons. a disabled Wi-Fi module or lack of drivers. If you still could not connect the device while correcting these problems, you need to contact a service center, your Lenovo laptop may be faulty and require repair.
Enabling Wi-Fi module
You must go to the “Control Panel”.
In the Windows 7 operating system, you need to left-click the “Start” button (it is located in the lower left corner of the screen), in Windows 8 and 10. the right one, and then select the “Control Panel” section in the menu that opens.
The control panel for all types of operating systems has practically no differences, and the required item in different versions does not differ at all.
Open the “Network and Internet” section, then. “Network and Sharing Center” and select “Change adapter settings.”
Here are all the options you can connect your Lenovo device to the Internet. It is necessary to pay attention to the item “Wireless Network”. If the icon and the bars indicating the signal level are gray, then the adapter is turned off.
To enable it, you need to click on the wireless connection icon with the right mouse button and select “Enable”.
Important! To perform this action, you must work under the administrator account, or be prepared to enter his password at the request of the system. Otherwise, the adapter cannot be turned on.
If the “Wireless Connection” icon turned color, it was possible to turn on the Wi-Fi module. You can connect the Internet.
Advice! You can enable the Wi-Fi adapter in another way. on all Lenovo models there are special keys for this. Depending on the brand of Lenovo, the keys may be in different places, but always have the icon of either an antenna with a diverging signal, or an airplane.
Lack of drivers
It may happen that in the window of the “Network and Sharing Center” the wireless icon will not appear at all. This means that there is no software installed on the Lenovo laptop for the Wi-Fi module, or for some reason it is faulty. In the latter case, you will have to contact the service center, but you will be able to install the necessary software on your own.
- To do this, right-click on the “Computer” icon. In Windows 7, it is located on the desktop, in versions 8 and 10 it is called “This Computer” and can be opened by clicking on the “Explorer” icon in the taskbar.
- A window will open in which you want to select the “Device Manager” section.
- Expand the list “Network Adapters” and determine the necessary one. it will definitely contain the words Wireless or Wi-Fi. right-click and select “Update Drivers”.
- First of all, you should try to update using Windows. To do this, from the proposed options, click “Automatic driver search”. The system itself will try to find and update the Lenovo device.
But this method is good if the laptop can connect to the Internet without a working Wi-Fi, for example, through a local network. Otherwise, you will have to download the driver yourself from any other computer or laptop that has Internet access.
http://support.lenovo.com/. on the manufacturer’s website you will find drivers for the necessary Lenovo laptop model. This will not be difficult. the site will request a specific Lenovo brand and display all the options for it on the page. From the list you should choose the one in which the words Wireless or Wi-Fi will be present. Left-click on the “Download” button, go to the “Downloads” folder and double-click to start the installation.
Important! Always download drivers only from the official Lenovo website! Otherwise, there is a risk of getting infected files, causing significant, if not irreparable harm to the laptop.
After successfully installing the drivers, the already-turned-on wireless adapter icon will appear, and you can try connecting the Internet.
Here are the main reasons Lenovo may have problems accessing the Internet. If the above solutions did not help, and the Wi-Fi could not be turned on, the problem is much more serious, and in this case the help of a technical specialist is required.