iPhone XR won’t charge what to do
Damaged or non-original USB cable
The problem may arise at the very beginning of working with Apple devices, namely: when connecting a smart to a PC via a USB cable. If at this stage iTunes does not see the iPhone on the computer, then it’s time to inspect the cable.
What could be the problem:
- a non-original cord is used. for example, a cheap and low-quality fake is used, or the user is trying to connect an “Apple” device using a cable from another gadget;
- the cable is damaged: for example, one of the wires inside has broken.
How can you check if this is the problem? Try to charge your iPhone using this cable. If this did not work out either, we move on to the solution. replace the USB cable with another.
There may be a bug in the work of the program itself. What to do if iTunes can’t see iPhone?
This is solved quite simply:
- Remove utility from computer.
- Reload it.
- Download the fresh version of the program from the office. developer resource.
- Install it on PC.
Everything, you can test the performance of the program.
iTunes does not see iPhone on Windows 7/8/10: step by step instructions
|Disconnect iPhone (e.g. XS Max Silver) from computer and close iTunes|
|Go to “Control Panel”. “Administrative Tools”. “Services”|
|Click on Apple Mobile Device “Stop Service”|
|Make sure to stop the service and click on “Start service”|
|Connect iPhone to Computer|
|Go to the properties of Apple Mobile Device, specify the startup type “Auto”|
Incorrect operation of a computer or smartphone
A fairly common situation is freezing, slowing down of the OS. Due to such malfunctions in the system, both devices (or one of them) will be “to blame” for the fact that iTunes does not see either the “old” iPhone 5S or the newfangled iPhone XS Gold.
In this situation, you can restart both devices, and then reconnect Smart to the computer using the USB cable, and try to enter the program.
Apple device malfunction
It often occurs if the smartphone has been jailbroken. Because of this, errors may occur in the operating system code. Hence it follows that iTunes does not see the iPhone 6 or other smart model.
How to save the situation? Put the device into DFU emergency mode:
For models with a physical “Home” button
For new models without the “Home” button
For all models, a message should appear at the end of the manipulations in iTunes (picture above). We click on “Ok”, we start the process of restoring the smart. DFU helps fix a minor software glitch. After the end of disaster recovery, smarts will boot in normal mode.
iTunes Can’t See iPhone: Top Reasons
There are 6 possible reasons for this disorder in total. Any of them can be determined by the user if he knows what to look for if iTunes does not see the iPhone (for example, this 64 gig eight). So, in order about each reason.
Devices do not “trust” each other
The first time connecting the iPhone to the PC, the user will see the inscription:
You need to answer in the affirmative, then click on “Continue” in iTunes. If the request is rejected, there may be a problem with the synchronization of the devices. Only trusted PCs can connect to iPhones (for example, with X Space Gray), access content and settings on a smart.
Nuance: A warning about trust will appear every time you try to connect an iPhone to a computer, until the user answers in the affirmative.
iPhone Won’t Charge. Software Reasons
Among the reasons why it is impossible to charge the iPhone, there are software reasons, and some experts call them prevailing. The main software reason is a software malfunction (at the level of the smartphone’s firmware), which for some reason does not give commands to the phone’s controller to charge, therefore charging simply does not occur.
Also, the reason why the iPhone refuses to charge is the user using an incorrect (custom) firmware in his device (similar firmware is available for versions of the first generation iPhone, iPhone 3G and 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4Rev A).
iPhone won’t charge but shows it is charging. what to do
Some of the iPhone users may face a situation where, when the charger is connected, their smartphone simply does not charge, and the culprits for this dysfunction may be the reasons for both hardware and software levels. In this article, I will tell you what to do if the iPhone does not charge, but shows that it is charging, I will describe the causes of this problem and the features of the methods for solving it.
- iPhone Won’t Charge. Hardware Reasons
- iPhone Won’t Charge. Software Reasons
- How to fix iPhone charging issue
- Video illustration of error correction
iPhone Won’t Charge. Hardware Reasons
The reasons iPhone won’t charge but shows it charging are as follows:
- Damage (breakage) of the cable. If your cable has been damaged (physical wear and tear, animals, children, etc.), then you will not be able to charge your iPhone, and in some cases you will see signs of charging, but de facto it will not happen;
- Broken charging port (Lightning). Usually caused by physical wear and tear, as well as strong (sharp) movements of the user when connecting and disconnecting the cable;
- Port clogged with dirt. In the process of long-term use of the phone, staying it on various fleecy (dirty) surfaces, the jack can become clogged with small pieces of wool, dirt, dust, etc., which leads to insufficient contact of the cable plug with the port;
Port clogging with dirt
- Charger problem. For some reason (physical wear or incomplete compliance with the declared characteristics) your device does not give the declared charging parameters (usually 5V and 1A), and this leads to various problems with charging the smartphone. This is especially true for devices from little-known manufacturers (the so-called “noname”);
- Battery problem (usually wear and tear). Over time, the battery depletes its resource and needs to be replaced. If you have been using your iPhone for a long time, or purchased it from your hands, then it is likely that the battery of your device has exhausted its resource;
- Physical damage to the phone board. If your phone received any physical damage, fell or experienced any other mechanical stress, then it is quite possible that they negatively affected its functionality, including the ability to charge it;
- Problems in the controller responsible for charging the phone.
How to fix iPhone charging issue
So, if you have a situation that your iPhone is not charging, but shows that it is charging, then do the following:
- Try to completely discharge your device and then charge it;
- Hard reset your device. Hold down the On / Off and Home buttons with the device turned on, and hold until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears on it again (it may take 30 seconds). After rebooting, try charging your smartphone again;
- Try using your cable with a different iPhone. If charging still does not occur, replace the cable;
- If, when the cable connected to the port moves, the charging turns on and off. it is quite possible that the port does not contact or is simply broken. Replace the port at the service center;
- Unplug your phone, take a wooden toothpick and gently pick up any debris that has accumulated in the socket. Do the procedure as gently and carefully as possible so as not to damage the contacts. Under no circumstances use any material that is highly conductive (for example, a metal pin), you can short-circuit the contacts and harm your device;
- Try your charger with a different iPhone. If charging still does not occur, replace (repair) the charger;
- Recover via iTunes. Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, click on “Device” on the top left, then click on “Backup” and wait until the procedure is complete. Then click on Restore and wait for the process to complete;
- Check the charge controller (or bottom cable) at the service center. If your iPhone doesn’t charge, loses power quickly, gets very hot, then this may be an indicator of the controller’s “guilt”. If the controller is out of order, repair (replace) it;
- Replace the battery. If you have been using the phone for a long time, the battery may have worn out. Replace it.
- Contact the nearest service center, perhaps a significant breakdown of the board of your smartphone due to any accidental physical impact.
How is iPhone XR repaired??
The repair technology and the use of certain techniques depend on the type of breakdown. For example, if the iPhone XR does not turn off with the side button, then most likely the problem is with it. To do this, the master will disassemble and replace it.
We have many different parts in our warehouse that were purchased from reliable suppliers who provide a guarantee.
After the phone is turned off, the specialist, by pressing and holding certain buttons, will transfer the smartphone to the service mode, from which you can reset to factory settings. It is important to know that if your data has not been saved in the cloud, then it will be lost.
Why iPhone XR won’t turn on?
To find out why the iPhone XR has turned off and no longer wants to turn back on, you need to run a detailed device diagnosis. This can only be done by our experienced professional. As for the reasons, over the entire period of repairing these smartphones, a variety of situations arose in our workshop. The most common are:
IPhone XR won’t turn on
|iPhone XR||from 2500 rub. (from 30 min)|
|view all services for iPhone XR|
Quite often, after a certain period of operation of an Apple smartphone, various problems begin to arise with it, expressed by various defects. For example, it may turn out that one day the iPhone XR does not turn on.
What could be the reason for this phenomenon and how to eliminate it. The main thing is, do not rush to try to carry out repairs yourself, because you can easily introduce additional breakdowns, for the elimination of which you will have to pay.
If a problem occurs, the first thing to do is contact the services of our service center. We have been servicing smartphones of this brand for a long time, so we guarantee all our customers high quality, reliability and durability of the device after our intervention.
Why is it better to turn to the services of a professional workshop?
If your iPhone XR has turned off and won’t turn on or off, don’t rush to tamper with your phone, because you can easily damage some parts. For example, the same building. Who therefore will be pleased to use a crumpled phone.
If you decide to carry out the repair yourself, then consider the following points:
Features of iPhone XR repair
Considering that there can be many reasons for smartphone breakdowns when it does not turn on or off, the wizard will first of all perform diagnostics. It will allow you to exclude unnecessary actions that will not lead to a positive result. Usually, after carrying out diagnostics, our master finds a specific reason, after which he performs a high-quality repair.
Sometimes there are situations when some parts are not in stock. In this case, you will have to wait some time. If, in the course of diagnostics, it turns out that an expensive part needs to be replaced, then before performing the repair, the master will definitely contact the client and inform him about the upcoming waste.
If you decide to repair the iPhone XR yourself, which turned off and does not turn on, then you can always contact our specialist for advice. He will be happy to explain all the subtleties of the process and point out the pitfalls that you may encounter during the repair process.
How To Fix iPhone XR XS or XS Max That Won’t Charge
If you have any problems, then contact us at any convenient time. In this case, it is not at all necessary to go to us, because our courier will independently come to you and pick up the device for repair. After, he will bring and carry out the calculation on the spot.
We take inexpensively, carry out high-quality repairs and provide extensive advice on any issues.
How is smartphone repair done??
If your iPhone XR won’t charge, the first step is to try charging it from a different charger. Perhaps the problem lies in him. If it remains and nothing has changed, then bring your smartphone to us or call.
Our courier will come and pick up your device so that our technicians can repair the iPhone XR. At the end of the restoration, he will bring it back to you and make a payment for the services. By contacting us, you do not have to waste your time on trips. You just call us, our courier picks up your smartphone and brings it in good condition.
As for the repair, it is carried out as follows:
- First of all, the wizard will make a detailed detailed diagnosis of all the components included in the composition. Usually, the check starts with the battery, because this part is the most vulnerable and it often turns out that the reason is precisely in it.
- At the next stage, the specialist will replace the damaged part, which is why the iPhoneXR takes a long time to charge. We have a spare parts warehouse close by, where you can find literally everything, from small parts to large composite modules. Including new original batteries with a license and a guarantee. We purchase parts from the best manufacturers with a good reputation and a guarantee. This increases the lifespan of your phone significantly. In addition, you can be sure that he will really work out the stated time. Otherwise, we will repair the gadget at our own expense.
- After installing a known good part, the wizard will perform a thorough check of the smartphone, in particular, how long the iPhoneXR charges. This is a mandatory stage, because sometimes situations arise when a client returns to us with the same breakdown literally the next day. And the problem is not at all in the phone, but in its charger, the lanyard that he uses.
- We conclude an agreement with each client, which is a confirmation of the high quality of our work and strict compliance with all requirements.
IPhone XR won’t charge
|iPhone XR||from 2500 rub. (30 min)|
|view all services for iPhone XR|
After a certain period of operation of Apple smartphones, it quite often turns out that for some reason the iPhone XR does not charge. What to do in such a situation if the phone was purchased relatively recently?
Do not despair, it is better to immediately contact our services for repairs. Our specialists will promptly carry out diagnostics, find a breakdown and effectively eliminate it. Upon completion of the repair, they will provide a guarantee.
You can contact us at any convenient time, because we work every day, but first read the schedule that is indicated on the site so as not to wait for our specialist to call back.
Why iPhone XR won’t charge?
There can be many reasons why the iPhone XR no longer charges, so before fixing it, our wizard will perform a thorough diagnosis. It consists in checking all sorts of components due to which this problem may arise. Let’s consider the most common cases:
- Expired battery life. This is the most likely problem and can be fixed by replacing the power supply with a new one. The fact is that each battery has an effective life at which it is able to function normally and deliver the required power. But over time, the capacity of the battery decreases, which ultimately leads to a decrease in the power output to the load. This is due to the systematic destruction of elements that are not capable of recovery. Usually, over a year of operation, the battery capacity drops to 20%, that is, in fact, after 5-6 years it will be ineffective and must be replaced.
- Premature battery wear. If the iPhoneXR does not charge, then premature wear of the source may also become a sign of this phenomenon, which is associated with improper use. For example, frequent connection of the device to the network, regular undercharging, deep full discharge and being in this state for a long time. In order for the battery to serve its intended life, it is necessary to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and observe the correct charge / discharge cycles.
- System board problem. If the iPhone XR takes a long time to charge, then the problem may be related to the system board, or rather the controller. Usually it is still connected to the battery again, but the master will check all the details to be sure. Only with a thorough analysis can you surely identify the specific cause of the breakdown and eliminate it.
- Faulty connector. Apple smartphones are equipped with a fairly practical and convenient connector that lasts a long time, but still, after a long period of active use, it fails, which is expressed by the loss of contact. That is, in fact, the charger simply does not connect, and the current does not reach the battery.
- There were situations when they came to us and claimed that the battery was not charging, but in fact the reason lay precisely in the charger. Therefore, if you are faced with a similar situation, then it is better to bring us the whole kit. Our master will check all devices and make a clear diagnosis.
Why is it better to contact our service?
Our service center has existed for several years, so we guarantee high quality services and a long service life. This is achieved due to the following advantages:
- A staff of real professionals in their field. We employ highly qualified specialists who regularly improve their skills. Their hard work results in excellent quality.
- All actions related to the disassembly of the smartphone case and the replacement of some parts are carried out with jewelry accuracy. That is why the phone, after our intervention, has a flawless appearance of a completely new device.
- We have our own spare parts warehouse, which contains everything you need to bring your smartphone back to normal. We buy parts only from trusted sellers who have a good reputation and provide a guarantee. Plus, we buy spare parts at discounted prices, as we do it in large wholesale.
You can find out the specifics of our work and for services by calling 8 (495) 960 65 46
1 Dry the device
If your smartphone stops working after you drop it into water or get caught in the rain, most likely it’s all about moisture that has got inside the case. over, if the gadget does not have water resistance, which would help it survive swimming.
In this case, you need to open the cover of the device, remove the SIM card and memory card, wipe all parts with a dry cloth and leave to dry disassembled. We do not recommend drying the apparatus with a hairdryer or hiding in rice.
For more information on what to do if you dropped your smartphone into the water, we talked about it in a separate article. It also happens that even IP68 certified devices “sink”. We figured out if they can be repaired under warranty:
Why the phone won’t turn on and what to do about it: 6 tips
We figure out what to do if the phone does not turn on, and find out the most common causes of the problem.
Sometimes smartphones get into trouble. For example, if the phone falls down and does not turn on. what to do in this case? It is even worse if the gadget did not fall and generally worked fine, and now it charges, but does not turn on. Fortunately, you can fix many issues yourself by resetting your smartphone to factory settings or by updating your charger. We will tell you more about what actions you need to take if the device does not respond to pressing the power button.
2 Warm up or cool down the smartphone
Sometimes your phone won’t turn on or charge due to unfavorable temperatures, for example, if you’ve been out in the cold for a long time or left your device in the sun on a hot day. In the first case, he could pass out due to the cold. some phones still do not tolerate low temperatures, especially iPhones. In the second scenario, the battery will not charge until it cools down. this is necessary to protect the device from overheating.
Try to warm up or, conversely, cool the phone to room temperature. To do this, you do not need to use a refrigerator or put it on a battery. just leave the gadget in a room with a constant climate and wait a little. If the failure was related to the temperature regime, then the smartphone should quickly recover and start charging. This usually takes no more than half an hour. If it still does not turn on, try other methods from our material.
5 Restart your smartphone
What to do if your Android phone or iPhone won’t turn on? If you have tried all the methods, you can turn to another one. forced reboot. Perhaps the gadget has turned off and does not want to work due to the last installed application or a firmware update that caused the system to crash. The smartphone could simply freeze and stop responding to button presses. making it seem to the user that it will not turn on.
To restart your old iPhone (up to the sixth line), you must simultaneously press and hold the Sleep / Wake and Home keys until the Apple logo appears on the display. On the 7th series iPhones, you should use a different combination: the side power and volume down buttons. IPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE, and all new devices without a Home button reboot with the following combination:
- press the volume down and then volume up one by one;
- press and hold the side button.
Android devices usually do not require such tambourine dances. they can be rebooted with a long press of the power button. However, some models use a key combination to force a restart: “Volume up” “Power on” or “Down” “Power on”. Try different options if necessary.
4 Check the battery
How to turn on the phone if it does not turn on and does not charge with any charger? In this case, it is worth checking if the battery is connected correctly. Remember. have you dropped your device lately? If dropped, the cover could be damaged, which presses the battery to the contacts. This is especially true for older models with removable batteries, which are not very securely fixed in the case.
If the phone has not been dropped and the battery shows no signs of damage, try restarting or resetting the gadget to factory settings.
3 Recharge your smartphone
The most common reason why the phone turned off and won’t turn on is a banal battery drain. If the smartphone has not been dropped in water or exposed to extremely low or high temperatures, it can be immediately connected to the charger. Just in case, check different sockets and chargers. perhaps the adapter or cable that you use with your smartphone is out of order.
6 Reset smartphone to factory settings
Any malfunction can be rectified by restoring the factory settings. However, this option should only be used as a last resort, since when you reset the device to the factory, you will lose all the data that was stored on it. If the information could not be saved somewhere else, it is better to turn to less stringent methods.
Nevertheless, even a person far from technology can reset a smartphone to factory settings. We have made detailed instructions to help you restore the parameters of devices on Android and iOS.
If, after all the manipulations, the smartphone still does not turn on, contact the manufacturer’s service center. perhaps they will repair it under warranty.
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on or charge
Every iPhone user sooner or later may face a serious problem, which manifests itself in the fact that the iPhone does not turn on and does not charge. It is worth noting that this can happen to absolutely any iPhone, be it the “old” iPhone 5, as well as newer models of iPhone 6s, iPhone 7 and even iPhone 8. Why does this happen and what to do. about this in detail.
Why iPhone won’t turn on or charge?
First, the iPhone shutdown may be due to some kind of software glitch. Most often, software freezes appear as a result of the device not having enough RAM to process all running applications. To fix this, in most cases, it is enough to hard reset the iPhone.
Secondly, on the iPhone, very often, as a result of mechanical impact or falling, the battery can come off the device case. If this happens, then at first the device may even work, and the user simply hears the characteristic sound of a dangling battery inside the case. Ultimately, in most of these situations, the battery cable connecting the battery and the board is frayed or torn. After that, naturally, the iPhone won’t turn on anymore. The solution to this problem is to replace the iPhone battery, which can be done at our service center.
The battery can also fail as a result of the use of low-quality chargers, power surges in the electrical circuit or moisture. In such cases, in addition to the battery, the lower connector (charger connector) may also be damaged, which can also be restored or changed in the conditions of the service center.
But there are times when, as a result of mechanical stress, a short circuit or the use of low-quality accessories for charging the iPhone, the microcircuits on the processor board fail. The first thing that can get hurt. this is a Q2 microcircuit, which is a kind of fuse key for other elements along the board power circuit.
Following it, the U2 microcircuit (charge controller and USB synchronization microcircuit) may fail. If the situation is really bad, then the main power controller of the iPhone may fail, the damage of which, according to statistics, is one of the most serious problems associated with the power of the iPhone. Along with this, the microcircuit of the power controller of the modem part may also fail. The characteristic signs of this malfunction are the constant indication of the search for the cellular network, even without a SIM card inserted inside the device.
My iPhone XS, XS Max, Or XR Won’t Charge! Here’s The Fix.
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on or charge?
Solving such problems is a more laborious process than conventional modular repairs, because working with a processor board and BGA chips always requires more time, effort and money. In addition, carrying out such an iPhone repair requires a lot of experience and knowledge of how the device’s motherboard works.
It is worth noting that such problems, when the iPhone does not turn on and does not charge, can occur to any user with any iPhone model. However, all iPhone power problems can always be resolved in our service center.
Therefore, we always advise you to entrust the repair of your iPhone and iPad only to trusted companies that are ready to have extensive experience and thoroughly understand the specifics of Apple devices. Please contact us. our masters will be happy to help you repair your iPhone!
We arrange a big cleaning
The next likely problem lies in the dirty lightning connector on the iPhone. During operation, bullets and rubbish from s clog the delicate electronic insides of gadgets, creating quite a few problems for their owners. It is dirt that can be the reason when charging is in progress, but the phone does not charge. Not only does older models like the iPhone 5s suffer from this, but older models of smartphones also suffer from our s and bags.
From time to time, you need to take a cotton swab and gently clean the lightning connector. This will help if the iPhone is not charging properly, or if the phone is charging slowly. How to properly clean the connector, see the video, everything is simple and quick.
We check the cable and the charger unit
We check two main elements before proceeding with more radical remedies.
A radical but effective way when charging is in progress, but the phone is not charging. The situation will worsen every day, the phone will work less and less autonomously, and charging will take longer and longer.
If all of the above methods do not help, a new battery will come to the rescue. After 2-3 years, a situation arises, the smartphone battery becomes unusable after 500-700 operating cycles, so you have to change the battery yourself or take the device to a handy master. How to do it right yourself, watch the video and read in this article.
If, after all the procedures done, the iPhone does not charge or the phone charges slowly, then it is worth updating the iOs before proceeding with more radical methods. To update iOs, go to “Settings. General. Software Update” and click “Install”. Do not be afraid, save all data, and the problem may disappear.
Let’s take a look at the popular questions that iPhone users have. We will tell you what to do in a given situation.
Why iPhone won’t charge from a Chinese cable?
This means that a non-Apple certified wire is not suitable for this model. Or is it completely “creepy China”, rubbish that begs to be put in the trash bin.
Why is my phone slowly charging from the original charger?
We carry out the options described in the article, most likely dust got into the connector or the iPhone sync cable is broken.
Why the phone does not charge from a non-original charger?
Most likely, you were sold a defective device, and in front of you is a non-certified wire for iPhone.
Now you need to make sure that the charger itself is working. This is usually a square or rectangular box with a USB connector that plugs into a power outlet. The iPhone sync cable is inserted into the USB port, after which the device should start charging. iPhone takes a long time to charge, precisely because of a burned out or broken charger, since the current supplied to the U2 power controller is much lower than the factory recommended.
A bad charger is one of the main reasons why a phone charges slowly, be it an Android or an iOs device.
Turn off the phone
There is a little-known trick, if you want to charge the iphone 5 battery without spending a lot of time, just turn off the device. The process will go much faster and will save up to 30% of your time. During normal operation of applications, the smartphone spends a lot of energy, spending it on maintaining communication with the network, working the backlight and other tasks. Turning off the device or at least putting it into “Airplane mode”, the battery will fill up with energy faster, even when using a non-original weak charge.
The phone stopped charging and won’t boot
There are many reasons iPhone won’t turn on or charge.
- System crash. In this case, the iphone does not charge and does not turn on as a result of rebooting the RAM, which interferes with its full-fledged operation. The system cannot cope with all the information and the mobile device starts to fail. To correct this situation, you will need to reboot the entire system.
- If the iPhone does not turn on after restarting, then the reason is clearly different.
- Mechanical damage to the mobile device. Strong impact may cause the iphone battery to detach from the case. At first, the device may not work at all, while the sound of a dangling battery will be heard. Next, a loop breaks, which connects the battery and the board. After that, the mobile does not turn on and does not respond to charging. To solve the problem, you will need to replace the battery.
- Using counterfeit chargers that can cause iPhone to turn off and not turn on, unresponsive to charging. Due to low-quality accessories for mobile devices, power surges or moisture may get inside. In this case, the charging connector will also suffer.
- Iphone may be discharged and no longer turn on or charge due to damaged microcircuits. Along the chain, all the microcircuits of the device begin to be damaged, leading to a complete loss of performance. In addition to the fact that the iPhone itself turned off, and after that it does not turn on and does not charge, it constantly has no cellular connection.
It will be very difficult to solve such a problem on your own; you will need special equipment. This will require the help of a service center or the hand of an experienced craftsman.
The phone is completely discharged
What to do if iPhone is completely discharged and does not work while charging? If the iphone does not turn on after a full charge, then you need to put it on charge and wait at least 15 minutes. If after this time the iPhone does not turn on while charging, what should I do? You need to wait a little longer, some models require half an hour to resume the system.
That if the mobile phone has not been charged for a long time and now does not turn on, you can resume its work in the following way:
- Put it to charge until the battery symbol appears on the screen. This can take a long time. If, after a day, the mobile screen does not light up, it means that you will need to replace the battery.
- If the iphone does not turn on charging, then the problem is in the cable or ribbon.
iPhone not working, dark screen
The option when the iPhone turns itself off, does not respond to charging and then does not turn on is quite common. Everything happens due to the fact that the iPhone was lying unnecessarily for a long time, while its charge was full. After that, the phone turned off and does not turn on again.
If the iphone has a black screen and does not turn on, then there may be several reasons:
- Water ingress into the case, as a result, oxidation of contacts and failure of modules.
- The fall of the iPhone, as a result, the separation of the cable.
- No matter how trite, but severe frosts can disable the gadget. As a result, the iPhone stops not only charging, but also turning on. In order for the system to work, you need to warm it up, it will be enough to put the device in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- It is also possible that the iPhone is discharged and a black screen appears. If iPhone is completely discharged, the device may not turn on or charge. What to do if iPhone is on charge and does not turn on for a long time? We read
- If iphone won’t turn on even after charging? You must press the Lock and Home button. Keep them in this position for 20 seconds, then wait about a minute. At this time, the BIOS should start, and the system will work, the iOs will start loading.
- If the iPhone screen goes out, the phone is discharged and does not turn on while charging, the problem may be in the breakdown of parts of the device, failure of the charging cable, malfunction of the charger itself.
What to do if iPhone stops working, screen goes blank and won’t turn on? No need to panic, there is a way out of any situation.
If the iPhone is on charge, but it turns off and does not even turn on. In most cases, the following actions work: Simultaneously press and hold the “Power” and “Home” keys for a few seconds. A hard reboot helps in many cases. After that, the mobile device should work like new.
If, after the performed manipulations, the mobile does not turn on even when charging, the problem may be more serious. If the iPhone is not responding to any action, it is a hardware or software error. In order for the mobile to work, you will need to change the battery or charger. In any case, the help of a specialist will not hurt.
Why is the phone not working
If the iPhone does not turn on, then the reasons may be as follows:
- Discharged to zero. To resume work, you just need to plug it into the power cord and wait 15 minutes. After that, you can try to turn it on. If the iPhone does not turn on after charging, then the problem should be looked elsewhere.
- If, after 15 minutes, the phone does not load, and a lightning bolt and an outlet are displayed on the screen, then it means that not much time has passed after charging.
- If the iphone turns off and does not turn on, it does not respond to charging, what to do. In this case, the iphone just went into save mode. This happens if it has not been rebooted for a long time.
- To resume the operation of the device after restarting, you must press and hold the lock button and the Home key for 20 seconds. After that iOs download will start.
Important: if you have an iPhone 7, then in order to resume its work, you need to hold down the Power button and the volume down button for 20 seconds. This will lead to a hard reboot of the device. This usually helps with many problems, including iOs glitches.
If the iPhone does not turn on and does not charge, then the device is simply frozen. To solve this problem, it will be enough to restart it.
What to do if iPhone stops responding to charging and won’t turn on?
The phone won’t charge
Everyone understands that if the iPhone does not charge, then the battery will soon run out and turn off. What to do if iPhone stops charging and won’t turn on?
- Check if there is current in the outlet. This happens quite often, the phone was charged, but it does not charge.
- Clean up contacts. It happens that the iPhone screen goes blank, it does not turn on. In this case, you need to check the contacts that could get clogged with dust. All connectors are cleaned using the needle included with the iphone. After disassembly, it should work, if this did not happen, then the problem is different.
There are many more reasons why your phone won’t charge or turn on. Each case is individual, sometimes the mobile can work after resetting the settings to make the system work again.
The next weak link to check is the USB cable. Their lives are often full of trials and hardships, so it is not surprising that some of them may die without any warning. The easiest way to check for this malfunction is to take a known working cable from another device and connect it to your gadget. If the problem persists, then go to the next step.
Remove debris, dust and grains of sand
If you do not part with your smartphone for a minute, carry it in your jeans and drag it to the sea, then sooner or later so much garbage will accumulate in the charging socket of the gadget that it will completely refuse to charge. Therefore, the first step is to visually inspect the USB port. Then blow it with a can of compressed air and brush gently with the bristles of a hard toothbrush.
Clean the contacts of the USB port from oxidation
Sometimes the device does not charge due to oxidation of the contacts. This happens especially often if the smartphone has not been used for a long time or is operated in unfavorable climatic conditions. In this case, cleaning the contacts with a toothbrush soaked in alcohol, or even a fine needle, can help you out. Do not forget to first turn off the smartphone and remove the battery from it, and perform the operation itself as carefully as possible.
What to do if your smartphone won’t charge
So, at one not the happiest moment, you put your smartphone on charge, but something went wrong. Instead of gratefully winking at you with the indicator and starting to absorb energy, your pet does not show any signs of life. What happened? In this article we will try to figure it out.
Buy a new battery
Test the power adapter
The charger is also a frequent source of problems. We are talking about that very small box that plugs into an outlet. First, touch it to check the temperature. An adapter that is too hot or too cold can be an indirect sign of a breakdown. Make sure the cable connection socket is intact and clean it if necessary. Try to find a different power adapter that suits you in terms of parameters.
Do a factory reset
If you went through all the points and none of them helped you find out the cause of the problem, then perhaps the whole point is a software failure. The Android operating system collects device usage statistics in order to prevent the battery from draining completely. In some devices, a full discharge will cause the built-in power controller to malfunction, which in turn prevents the device from taking charge as usual. In this case, a factory reset can help (remember to back up important data first). Of course, this is an extreme measure and you only need to resort to it if you have already tried everything else.
In this article, I tried to describe the most common problems with charging gadgets and ways to solve them. Of course, in real life there may be many more of them. Write about the cases that you encountered in the comments.
How to reset iPhone to original settings
First of all, connect your phone to your computer using the original cable. If you have a Mac with macOS Catalina, launch Finder. If you’re using an older version of macOS or Windows, start iTunes. If it is not installed, download it from the Apple website.
Then force restart your iPhone (see step 1). When you see the Apple logo, continue to hold the buttons until the recovery mode appears on the smartphone screen.
Immediately after that, a window with further instructions should appear on the computer monitor. Click “Update” and follow the system prompts.
iTunes will download the correct software for your phone. If this process takes more than 15 minutes, the iPhone may exit recovery mode. In this case, hold down the forced restart buttons again and hold them until the device returns to this mode.
If the update works, the phone may turn on without resetting the system. If not, then in the iTunes window, click “Restore” to restore the factory settings.
Reset the machine to factory settings
If after trying to turn on the smartphone does not respond at all or the screen lights up, but the device does not boot, try restoring factory settings using the hardware buttons.
Remember: during a system reset, you may lose personal data that has not been synced to the server. Do not do this if you are afraid to erase important information.
How to force restart an Android smartphone
Press and hold the power button and volume down key at the same time for 10-15 seconds. If successful, the device will restart automatically or display a menu on the screen in which you will need to select the restart command.
To reboot some Android smartphones, just hold down the power button for a few seconds. Sometimes there are gadgets that are restarted using other keys. If the smartphone does not respond to the listed actions, type in the search engine the query “how to force restart” and add the name of your model. Then follow the instructions found.
Take out the battery and put it back
If your phone has a removable battery, remove the cover and slide the battery out of the device. Wait at least 30 seconds and replace the battery. Then try to turn on the phone in the usual way. using the power button.
What to do if your phone won’t turn on
Do not rush to take your smartphone for repair. Perhaps these simple steps will help revive the device.
If problems arise due to water getting into the device, do not connect it to the mains and stop pressing the buttons. Dry your phone as soon as possible and only then follow the advice in this article. If you are sure that the inside of the smartphone is dry, feel free to continue.
How to Force Restart iPhone
On iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or later, hold down and immediately release the Volume Up key and then the Volume Down key. After that, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo is displayed.
On iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, hold down the Side key along with the Volume Down button for 10 seconds or more until you see the Apple logo.
On iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus or older, hold down the Home key with the Side button for 10 seconds or more until the Apple logo appears.
Put your phone on charge
Connect your phone to a wall outlet using the original charger. If within an hour the charging indicator does not appear on the display and you cannot turn on the device, check the integrity and cleanliness of the connector, as well as the condition of the power cable and adapter. Try different sockets if possible, replace cable and / or adapter.
Force restart the device
Your phone may be on, but just frozen. In this case, the screen may be dark and unresponsive to any actions. So first try restarting your device using the hardware keys.
Adapter defective or missing contact
The most common reason why a phone won’t boot or run out of power quickly is a malfunctioning charger. To verify this, you need to connect the gadget to another power supply. If it starts charging, then you have found the cause and the problem was in the charger. You can do the opposite, connect a known working phone to a suspicious power supply. Thus, you are guaranteed to be sure of its malfunction.
If the smartphone does not charge from a working power supply, check the connector of the contacts. A clot of dust or pet hair can get into it. Gently use a wooden or plastic toothpick to clean the connection socket on the phone and try again.
If your phone has a removable battery, check the contact fit and condition. There is a possibility that they were oxidized by moisture or bent when the battery was inserted after being dropped.
Another possibility to “revive” the battery or make sure it is working properly is to use a universal charger. In common parlance, it is called “frog” and is capable of charging any removable battery from a household electrical network.
System errors and failed updates
System errors, or a resource-intensive application that is not completely unloaded from RAM, can lead to the fact that the battery starts to drain rapidly, as a result of which the phone turns off and does not start again. A malicious program can behave in a similar way. The virus, if its task is not to extortion, runs in the background. At the same time, he tries to use all available resources as quickly as possible. If your Android phone runs out of power faster than usual while in standby state, you should check it for infection and perform a forced reboot. Further actions depend on the results of the anti-virus scan.
If the smartphone is clean and charged normally, there is no cause for concern. Otherwise, if the device does not start or the phone runs out of power again quickly, a full reset and reconfiguration will be required.
An unsuccessful software update can lead to the phone not responding to user actions or simply turning off. Usually, this behavior is easily “cured” by a reboot.
In case of a failure when flashing to a new version of the OS, the situation is a little more complicated. When the phone starts up, but the download does not go beyond the splash screen, the situation can be saved by the recovery mode. What to do and how to enable Recovery Mode for a specific phone is best found on the manufacturer’s website or in the documentation for the device. When this is not possible, try generic methods. The vast majority of smartphones based on Android support it by pressing the power and volume keys. It will be an Up or Down button, depending on the manufacturer of the device. You can try both options sequentially.
Some users believe that physical damage is when the phone fell on a hard surface and shattered to smithereens. Prior to this moment, he also fell twice, but only “slightly” scratched and wrinkled. Meanwhile, the appearance of hidden defects from the impact on the body of the gadget cannot be ruled out. Damage to the internal contacts will result in the Android phone not turning on or charging, and sometimes working and suddenly shutting down. So if your phone has fallen, it is impossible to fix the motherboard malfunction on your own and you will have to contact a specialist for a complete diagnosis and possible replacement of components.
What to do if your phone won’t turn on or respond to charging
Modern smartphones devices are complex and delicate enough. One “fine” morning, you may find that the gadget, which was put on charge, refuses to work. Today we will figure out what to do if the phone does not turn on or boot, as well as how you can fix this problem at home.
There are not so many answers to the question why the phone does not turn on, what may be the reason for its rapid discharge and what to do in such a situation. Let’s consider the most common options and solutions.
One of the reasons an Android phone won’t turn on is to use a larger SD card than the manufacturer claims. The craving for experimentation is in the blood of users. If the specification says that only 32 GB can be used, they will definitely try 64. With a high degree of probability, the device will recognize the card. It will work normally until the recorded amount of information exceeds the one declared for support.
If, after a software failure, the phone stops turning on or does not boot, it is enough to remove the problem memory card from it. A forced reboot will bring the smartphone into working state.
If the phone does not turn on even after you have gone through all the probable reasons, you should contact the service center. Without showing excessive initiative in attempts to revive it, you will save yourself time and nerves for specialists.