The exact cause of the problem has not yet been established. The problem manifests itself in different ways:
- The touchscreen completely falls off, that is, the screen does not react at all to user actions.
- Part of the display starts to flicker stops working.
Errors appear after installing iOS 11 and are eliminated only by rebooting the device or restoring via DFU.
Screen not working after iOS 11 update: fixing the error
Some users have faced the fact that their screen does not work after the iOS 11 update. The problem manifests itself on the iPad and iPhone and is not massive, but it is quite common, judging by the posts on various forums.
Force reboot device
The failure of the touchscreen after the update is a software error, so you can fix it without contacting a service center. Restart your device first. If the screen does not respond to touch at all, perform a forced reboot.
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds (Power and volume down on iPhone 7 and above). The screen should go out.
- Release the buttons. If an Apple does not appear on the screen, briefly press the power key.
iPhone X Has A HUGE Problem
Do not use hard reboots too often, so if touchscreen problems continue to appear, move on to another troubleshooting method, which is to restore the previous stable version of iOS.
Recovery via DFU
If the screen does not work after installing the iOS 11 update, and a forced restart does not help, perform a restore with the installation of iOS 10.3.3. Download the firmware for your device and start putting your phone / tablet into DFU mode.
- Connect iPhone / iPad to computer running iTunes.
- Press Home and Power at the same time. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Release Power and keep holding Home. Within 15-30 seconds, iTunes will display a message stating that the device is in recovery mode. IPhone / iPad screen will remain black.
If iTunes does not show a message saying that the device is in recovery mode, then you have lost track of when you hold down the buttons. Take a stopwatch and try to enter the phone in DFU again.
After restoring in DFU mode with firmware rollback, all data will be deleted from memory. In order not to lose them permanently make a backup.
To downgrade to iOS 10.3.3.
- Select the connected device.
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard (Alt / Option on Mac) and click “Restore”.
- Select the iOS 10.3.3 firmware file.
- Confirm installation.
Once the installation is complete, you can restore your iPhone as a new one, or get your data back from a backup made before updating to iOS 11. On iOS 10.3.3. there are no software glitches in the touchscreen, so the problem is solved. It remains only to wait for the release of the next update with bug fixes for iOS 11.
IOS 11.0.1 update
After numerous reports of incorrect operation of iOS 11 on different devices, Apple developers promptly released the iOS 11.0.1 update, which fixes critical bugs.
In addition to healing the screen, the patch also improves device performance and increases battery life. The full list of updates and fixes is not disclosed, but judging by the size (about 280 MB) there are a lot of them.
Check your cloud storage if iPhone X / 8/7/6 / 5s won’t turn on
Oftentimes, iPhones have disk errors due to insufficient memory and lack of external storage options. It is highly recommended that you check the available memory before installing iOS 12. To install the new version of iOS 12, you need 4 GB of free space.
- 1. Go to “Settings”.
- 2. Open the “General” tab.
- 3. Open “iPhone Storage”.
- 4. Follow the directions to unload apps or upload your entire library to iCloud.
If your iPhone doesn’t have enough memory, we have Tenorshare iCareFone to transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS without limits. It is a tool to create backup and restore data selectively and instantly.
Ways to fix the problem. iPhone turned off and won’t turn on
- Force restart if iPhone won’t turn on
- Check your cloud storage if iPhone 6 / 5s won’t turn on
- Restoring iPhone with iTunes after iOS 12 Update
- Reliable tool. if iPhone won’t turn on after iOS 12 update
Reliable tool. if iPhone won’t turn on after iOS 12 update
If your iPhone won’t turn on after iOS 12 update, then Tenorshare ReiBoot is the ultimate solution for you. This tool offers a 1-click solution for such problems (iPhone won’t turn on, iPhone stuck on Apple, iPhone doesn’t work, black screen on iPhone but it works, etc.) that occur in iPhone, iPad and all Apple devices. Here are the steps to follow if your iPhone has turned off and won’t turn on.
- 1. Download, install and run the program on the computer, connect the iPhone using the original cable.
- 2.Click the “Solve All iOS Freezes” button in the main window to enter System Restore.
- 3.Click on Fix Operating System. This will put the device into recovery mode.
- 4. Download the latest firmware package by clicking “Next”. After downloading the firmware, click “Start Repair” and restore the system. This process takes less than 10 minutes, you cannot turn off the device in this process.
- When the recovery process is complete, your iPhone will automatically restart and there will be no more error on iPhone.
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on after iOS 12 update
This year, Apple developers made us happy with the release of iOS 12. For now, the beta version is available to users, which is in free use. The release version will be presented in September 2018. The beta version, as a rule, is intended for developers in order to check the functionality of the system and get information about the work. as well as about its improvements. But as with many beta versions, the installs experience errors that disable the operation of the iPhone. For example, an Apple is on, the iPhone does not turn on. iPhone is frozen. In this article, we will analyze all the effective ways to restore iPhone operation after updating iOS 12.
Restoring iPhone with iTunes after iOS 12 Update
FIX iPhone Not Working / Not Turning On After Updating To iOS 14!
- Connect iPhone to the computer that was syncing and open iTunes.
- Wait while iTunes syncs iPhone and backs up.
- Once the backup process is complete, click “Restore iPhone”.
- When in the course of restoring iPhone, the setup screen should open, where you need to click “Restore from a copy of iTunes”. After that, you need to select your own device in iTunes. Look at the creation date and size of each backup and choose the one that suits you best.
If you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes, I will note that this method always works, but all media files and information will be erased on the iPhone. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes, make a forced restart, select “Restore”.
It is worth noting that this method takes a long time and has a low success rate or the iPhone does not turn on and does not work at all.We recommend using Tenorshare Reiboot to restore iPhone / iPad / iPod.
Force restart if iPhone won’t turn on
If iPhone won’t turn on after iOS 12 update. We recommend performing a forced reboot. It is done differently depending on the model of your iPhone.
So, for example, to make a forced restart on an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Step 2 Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Step 3: Press and hold the power button until the company logo appears on the screen. Hold the power button for a few seconds until the “Swipe to turn off” slider appears
To force restart iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, you need to do the following:
- Step 1: press the power button and the lock button without releasing them.
- Step 2: press the volume button.
- Step 3: Hold these buttons until the screen turns off and the logo appears.
If you have an iPhone 6S, then you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Press the Home and Power buttons at the same time.
- Step 2: wait about 7 seconds.
- Step 3: Your screen should go blank and the Apple logo icon should appear.
Important: Check if there are hardware problems with your iPhone
If none of the above solutions helps, chances are that you are experiencing a hardware failure in your hardware. Broken screen or loose connection can also lead to iPhone hardware issue. Also, if you’ve replaced your damaged hardware with an unauthorized one, such as your screen, the new update may not support your device. Therefore, you need to contact your nearest Apple Service Center.
Update 2019-07-25 / Update for Problems and Solutions with iOS 12
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on after updating
reading time: 3 minutes
If you have a question about what to do if the iPhone does not turn on after updating, you should investigate the reasons that caused this problem.
If the device has been in operation for more than one year, the iPhone was often repaired, its parts were changed, then the iPhone does not turn on after the update due to “smart” automatic diagnostics.
This system is built into the new firmware to restrict users of Apple products so that they do not install analogs of lower-cost components on the iPhone.
When updating the OS, the serial number of the microcircuit tied to the “motherboard” is checked. If the spare part is not original, the smartphone will turn off.
Why won’t iPhone 5s turn on after updating? Starting with version 5 devices, the fingerprint scanner has an identification number that is tied to a unique processor identifier. If you replace it, and the phone is not reflashed, it will not turn on.
An OS bug, due to which it is impossible to turn on the device, is not always associated with an updated firmware. Sometimes another chip is damaged that previously functioned normally.
A list of other reasons due to which the gadget does not work:
- Battery discharged.
- The device is overcooled.
- The “save” mode is on.
- System memory chip not working.
- In the location where the user is located, for some unknown reason, the phone is not tied to the system provider.
- The OS crashed because it was performing a factory reset or otherwise.
- iPhone 5 after updating does not turn on due to breakage of the on / off button.
If the cause of the malfunction is simple, the user will be able to restore the operation of the device on his own. But it is better to trust the employees of the service center, especially if the smartphone is under warranty service.
How to turn on iPhone after update? A hard restart is required. In half of the cases, this manipulation will help “revive” SE or another model. The user needs to simultaneously hold 2 buttons: console and side, which includes the gadget. We wait 3-5 seconds.
Charging the battery correctly
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on after updating? If the charge is at zero, then the gadget needs to be recharged for at least 1 hour. Also worth doing if iPhone X won’t turn on.
In cold weather, the battery will drain quickly. In this case, the phone needs to warm up to room temperature, then it is charged. If this condition is not met and a cold smartphone is charged, the temperature difference will lead to the formation of condensation, a short circuit will occur, and the gadget will stop functioning.
If charging did not help, iPhone 6 does not turn on after the update, a hard restart will help.
Recovery using Apple branded software
If the previous methods did not help and the iPhone 6s does not turn on after the update, it is recommended to follow the procedure:
- The outdated iTunes software from your PC is removed and reinstalled. We find it on the official website of the developer. There is a high probability of damage to the old version of the program by viruses, so it does not function properly.
- We connect the device to a PC to synchronize it with iTunes when the gadget is operating in Device Firmware Update mode.
- If iOS version 10 was installed, it is better to try version 9 as it works more stable. A return to the previous system is necessary if the phone cannot be rebooted on an updated iOS.
- We connect the smartphone to the PC, wait for the moment when iTunes is activated.
- The power button and “Home” are clamped and held until a window appears prompting you to restore and reset the software.
- We select the recovery mode, we wait until the procedure is over.
It is recommended to back up all the information on the phone, because after the upgrade, the system sometimes crashes, the firmware flies, the OS needs to be reinstalled, and all data will be deleted.
Reset Face ID
If you find the iPhone X is not working and you cannot use it for anything like unlocking, shopping, etc. You can try resetting Face ID. It will delete all existing face data and set up a new face ID. Go to Settings Face ID Password Reset Face ID.
iPhone X Can’t Unlock If You Wear Contact Lenses
Face ID cannot identify your face when you wear contact lenses. So it just keeps scanning but cannot unlock.
Ways to Fix iPhone X Face ID Issues
Update to the latest iOS system
If you are sure that the physical conditions are set correctly, but your problem is not resolved, you need to check if the latest iOS system is running on the iPhone X. As we know, Face ID was first introduced on the iPhone X, it will have some problems inevitably. Updating the operating system to the latest version. this is the simplest advice for fixing some unexpected bugs. You’d better back up your iPhone X to avoid data loss during the update. Then open “Settings” “General” “Software Update” to download and install the latest OS.
Check Face ID Settings on iPhone X
Another tip that you can ignore is that you need to check if Face ID Unlock is enabled. Select Settings, Face ID and Password. If you want to use Face ID to unlock, turn on the iPhone Unlock option.
Reset all settings
If iPhone X Face ID was unable to recognize your face even though you set up a new Face ID, there is another method you can try. reset all settings. It will reset iPhone X to its default settings without data loss. Reset all settings works for many iPhone problems such as Wi-Fi disconnect error, go to Settings General Reset Reset All Settings
Take off glasses
Face ID is designed to work with many glasses, according to Apple. However, if you wear glasses that block certain types of light, the infrared camera can make it difficult to recognize your face. To avoid this, remove your sunglasses or contact lenses,
iPhone X won’t unlock
Face ID, which was first adopted in the iPhone X, seems to have a lot of recognition problems, just like what happened with Touch ID a few years ago. People have reported that the Face ID of the iPhone X cannot recognize their face after that. how did they set the face ID.
Reboot the device
Better to start with a simple option. forcibly restarting the system in order to fix the black screen of the iPhone 10. This move solves three quarters of the problems with the device: freezes, incorrect display and unstable work. User files will remain intact, but there are three steps to reboot:
- the volume up key must be quickly pressed and released;
- it is important to repeat the same procedure with the volume down key;
- hold down the side button and hold it until the Apple logo appears.
After these manipulations, the smartphone will reboot and start normally. The display should show the splash screen and then the smartphone’s desktop wallpaper. If the aLGorithm worked, then this indicates a problem with the operating system or conflicts with installed programs.
IPhone X screen is black and not working, what to do
reading time: 4 minutes
Even high-tech Apple smartphones tend to break down over time. The operating system, internal hardware, and external chassis fail. At any time, the user may find that the iPhone X screen is not working, went out and does not respond to any actions. Carrying a smartphone to the workshop is expensive, although the user can solve some of the problems with the display on his own, without the use of expensive equipment and special skills. There are ways to make your smartphone work if the display is dark or unresponsive.
If the above steps do not help, you should try switching your smartphone to DFU mode and resetting the device to factory settings:
- the device is connected to a computer on which the current version of iTunes is installed;
- quickly hold and release the volume up key, use the same aLGorithm for the volume down button;
- hold down and hold the side button until the display is completely dark, and then hold down the volume down button;
- the program will inform the owner that the smartphone is connected in recovery mode;
- press the button with the inscription: “Restore”.
If the Yabloko logo appears, then the aLGorithm will have to be repeated again, as this means that the phone has rebooted and has not entered recovery mode.
Also, updating the device’s firmware helps to fix the black screen of the iPhone X, but in automatic mode it will not work because of the black screen. Therefore, it is recommended to update with iTunes installed on your computer.
Install the current version of the program on the PC.
Connect a smartphone with a cable.
Select the model of the device in the program.
Click on the “Browse” icon, and then select “Update”.
Click on the “Download and update” tab.
The program may require you to enter a password, enter information.
It’s worth noting that an internet connection is required to update iOS. The software update is downloaded from official sources, so you shouldn’t worry about the quality of the firmware.
Screen work in the cold
The weakness of the iPhone X is battery problems when using the device in cold weather. The phone shuts down and shuts down at a high rate, although the battery actually lasts for a couple of hours. Apple smartphones are not designed for the harsh Russian winter. If the display does not work even after the owner has come home, there is no need to despair. there is a way to “revive” the device.
Try to warm the smartphone in your hands. It is advisable that the palms are in mittens or gloves. You should also hold the phone in your with your hand around.
Then you need to connect the iPhone to the charger.
Leave the phone for 15 minutes.
After these manipulations, the iPhone should turn on. If this does not happen, check the integrity of the charger or restart the phone.
Worse if the iPhone 10’s screen goes blank as a result of a fall. but if the device is under warranty, then it is better to contact the service center. It is also possible to replace the display yourself. If you know exactly what is the cause of the breakdown. To do this, you will have to disassemble the phone.
Unscrew the screws near the charging input.
Pry the edges of the display, and then open the smartphone like a book.
Remove the motherboard blanks.
Disconnect the display ribbon cable and communication connector.
Connect the ribbon cable of the new display, install the connector.
Put in the plugs and then fold the body.
Put the screws back in place.