Hardware problems often affect the phone’s power on. There may be several reasons for this:
- Overheating of the processor or other parts of the gadget. In this case, you need to pull out the battery and let the phone lie in a disassembled state.
- Control failures. various controllers can fail. For example, the charge controller may always tell your smartphone that there is no charge on the battery when it fails, so the phone will immediately shut down. Only a visit to the service center will help here.
- Oxidation of terminals and contacts. Usually this happens if you “drown” your phone in water, or if it’s been in a damp place for a long time. it is possible to take off your battery, check and clean carefully its contacts and it is also useful to check the terminals on the phone.
The solution is simple. remove the battery and clean the terminals, or leave the smartphone to charge for a day.
Problems with the battery
If the iPhone shuts down by itself because of the battery, it is easy to identify it, as you can turn it on only after recharging. The problem occurs most often when the battery is old. In this case the Smartphone may turn off even when the battery indicator shows more than 30 or 50% charge.
Severe battery wear has the following symptoms:
- The smartphone discharges quickly while in use. The charge is literally dropping “before your eyes.
- It discharges heavily in the background, i.e. even when the phone is not in use.
- The charging process becomes more time-consuming.
To solve the problem, you will have to contact professionals, as you need to open the device to replace the battery.
Sometimes the iPhone shuts down on its own in severe frost. This is due to the fact that the battery discharges faster at low temperatures. There is nothing wrong with this, it is enough to charge the device, and it will continue to work. To avoid this problem, try to keep your smartphone warm, for example, in the inside of your jacket. If this is not possible, turn it off when you are outdoors, for example on your way to work or school.
Sometimes the reason is that the battery charge level is not displayed correctly. For example, it may show incorrect information for a long time that the battery has a high level of charge, and then the smartphone sharply turns off. To fix the situation, follow these steps:
- Please fully discharge your iPhone until it shuts down on its own.
- Let it sit for an hour or two.
- Plug it into a charger and charge it to 100%.
If iPhone shuts down and turns on by itself without recharging, it is not because of the battery.
Reasons for iPhone auto restart after upgrading to iOS 13/13.1.2
In fact, there are quite a few reasons why after updating your operating system to iOS 13/13.1.2 iPhone shuts down and turns on by itself. Nevertheless, we can distinguish five main factors that most often cause the device to restart automatically.
- Installation of iOS update failed or was terminated in the middle of the process.
- Not enough free space on your device to download and install the new version and iOS.
- Hardware problem.
- The action of viruses, particularly if you have jailbreaked your iPhone and subsequently downloaded untested third-party apps.
- Phone battery is out of date.
Perform a hard hardware reset
Usually a hard reset solves this problem. A hard reset is similar to the procedure: “have you tried turning the device off and on again,” but at a deeper level of the operating system. Usually reset to factory defaults.
To hard reset your iPhone with physical home button (any iPhone before iPhone 7), press and hold both Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for 5 seconds. The iPhone will reboot, you will see the flashing Apple logo icon and the iPhone will come to life.
On iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down button to perform a hard reset.
Which iPhones suffer the most?
Some iPhone owners complain that their “apple friend” shuts down in the cold already at 70-80% of charge, while others note stable operation at 50-60%. What it depends on? Each battery has a certain amount of charge-discharge. As a rule, it is about 800-900 cycles. If you actively use the Apple device, the critical point will come in 2-2,5 years.
The conclusion is simple. the most suffering phone in the cold, which is in use for 2 years or more.
But why the owners of other mobile devices quietly communicate in the cold, actively use the device on the street in January and February? The latest generations of iPhones are made of aluminum alloy, which has high thermal conductivity. With the onset of winter it freezes quickly. Plastic conducts heat much worse than glass and plastic, which is why many Samsung and Xiaomi models (even the budget ones) safely operate at.30 degrees.
The second reason. the modest thickness of the body. Among the iPhone no “fat”, so they freeze much faster. To keep your iPhone from running out of power in the cold, use simple guidelines:
- Wear your smartphone in a sleeve case, protecting the device from both sides.
- Buy a rechargeable battery case. An expensive, but quite effective way to call your colleagues and relatives even in the bitterest cold.
- Keep a portable battery handy.
- Place the phone in your inside s, as close to your body as possible.
- Use a headset so you don’t have to take your iPhone out of your
- If your iPhone shuts down, try charging it to 100% before you go out.
We have analyzed in detail the situations when the iPhone spontaneously shuts down, reviewed options for solving this problem. Don’t always need to go to the service center. Sometimes it’s enough just to restart your phone, charge it properly or not to take it out in the cold.
The fifth solution: to restore the iPhone in recovery mode.
Major software bugs that can’t be fixed with a factory reset are usually fixed with a recovery mode restore. This is a more complicated system restore performed on an unresponsive or frozen iPhone using iTunes. Just like a factory reset, you can also lose important information when you perform a restore in recovery mode. So if possible, back up your files in iTunes beforehand. When it’s ready, follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the included USB / Lightning cable from Apple.
- While it is connected, press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Then quickly press and release the volume down button.
- Then press and hold the Side / Power button and continue to hold it until it reboots. Do not release the Side / Power button when the Apple logo appears, as you need to put the device into recovery mode.
- Release the Side / Power button when you see the Connect to iTunes logo on the screen.
- On your computer, go to iTunes, then you’ll see a message saying that the connected iOS device is in recovery mode and will offer options to update or restore.
- Select the “Restore” option to erase everything from your phone system, then restore iOS via iTunes.
Wait until the system restore is completed, then you can disconnect your iPhone from your computer.
What to do if your iPhone shuts down on its own: causes, how to fix the shutdown
Sometimes iPhone users face a very unpleasant problem. the phone randomly starts shutting down, despite the remaining battery charge. Sometimes this glitch is due to the battery indicator not updating properly, sometimes it’s caused by a software glitch or a technical battery condition.
There are several options for why the iPhone disconnects on its own. To fix this malfunction, you can try simply discharging the iPhone battery to 0 and then charging again to 100%.
If the problem was related to the iPhone battery indicator (does not correctly display the remaining charge), then this method can fix it, and the device will not turn off.
Why does the iPhone turn on and off by itself?
The iPhone is actually a very good piece of hardware, developed by Apple. But in its work, as well as in any other technological device, errors can occur, which prevent normal functioning. To find out why the iPhone shuts down by itself, you need to understand that this problem can have two sources: software and hardware.
Important! Before proceeding to fix the problem, it is necessary to make a backup of the iOS device, because some of the techniques to restore the device will require the user to delete data.
Very often a sudden failure, when the device can turn on / off spontaneously, occurs after updating the software or some applications. You can run a battery usage check on your iPhone. This will give the user an understanding of which apps are consuming more power on their phone.
Before you update the software it is necessary to carefully inspect the device for physical damage: whether the screen is properly lit, whether the sleep and home buttons work, whether there is moisture in the device, which can also cause a failure when iPhone turns on and off.
Backing up your iOS device
The main causes of non-stop reboots
Why iPhone shuts down in the cold. causes
There are many possible reasons why iPhone max keeps turning on and off, many have to do only with a certain modification of the phone. The most common causes of spontaneous phone shutdown/on:
- Failed iOS update when the user failed to complete the process.
- Battery aging.
- Not enough memory to store information and run programs.
- Attacking the phone with malicious software.
- Hardware problem.
Lack of memory is considered one of the main causes of failure when the iPhone XS does not turn on, so experts advise the user to follow these steps to fix it:
If the available storage is significantly less than 1 GB, it is recommended to delete unnecessary files to free up memory, for example, you can transfer all important information to iCloud.
Error in the most recently installed apps
Many older apps are incompatible with the updated iOS or have defects forcing the iPhone to restart. It is therefore necessary to check each update in the app store and remove defective ones.
Algorithm for removing problematic apps on the iPhone:
- Go to Settings then Privacy. Analysis. Analysis Data and scroll down to see apps.
- Go to the Home screen, select the application you don’t need by holding it down until an “X” appears in the top left corner.
- Press “X” symbol to remove the defective software.
Note! The user should not completely abandon app updates, especially when the cause of the failure is errors and system incompatibility. After installing the new iOS the system requirements should change.
If the iPhone shuts down by itself after an iOS update
Why is the Wi-Fi on your iPhone disconnected. loses signal by itself
Often after an update iOS iPhone begins to spontaneously shut down. Before proceeding to self-troubleshooting, you should check the current memory status of the device. If it has enough space, you can perform some procedures to fix the iPhone failure. The most effective way is to clean the background apps. They can be fraudulent and crash the device. To forcibly close all background programs, it is necessary to perform these actions:
- Go to the home screen.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, pausing slightly in the center.
- Swipe left and right to move the software preview.
- Swipe up on the screen to close unnecessary apps.
- The above procedure is applicable only to the new iPhones or models that do not have the “Home” button.
What to do if iPhone shuts down and turns on by itself
Why is the iPhone running out of power fast. what to do?
If the iPhone disconnects spontaneously and the above methods have not yielded the desired results, the user can try going into DFU mode. You need to be careful, because the factory restore results in the loss of all data.
Notice! DFU mode is based on a bootable system completely independent of iOS. So in case of a major crash, such as a restart cycle, it is best to select this mode.
This mechanism allows you to perform a downgrade, that is, reinstall an older version of iOS than the one installed on the user’s iPhone. This downgrade is especially useful when the iOS update creates some stability issues due to software or hardware incompatibilities.
- Connect iPhone to PC.
- Hold down the power key and swipe to the right on the “Turn off” option.
- After the power off, press the “Home” and “On/Off” buttons together for 10 seconds.
- Release On/Off button, continue to hold Home button for additional 10 seconds until the device detects Windows or Mac.
- At this point, iTunes should start automatically.
- Otherwise, you can open it manually, the iPhone should appear in recovery mode.
This is another effective method that is slightly different from returning to the phone’s factory options. To perform a reset and try to stabilize your device, you need to perform a few simple manipulations. The only thing to keep in mind: after that you will need to re-install the ringtone, etc.
So, to do this, you will need to go into the general settings of the gadget and find there the appropriate key. After clicking on “Reset all settings” the phone will restart. Based on the experience of other users, we can conclude that this method does not delete personal data of the phone owner, but it’s better to be reinsured and still move the most important data on a separate drive.
Fixing a software failure on the iPhone
If you are sure that the battery is okay, it is quite possible that the iPhone turns on and off as a result of software problems. In this case, you need to perform a recovery, which will delete all the data from the device, and then install the latest current firmware. You will need a computer, a USB cable, and the iTunes app to do this procedure. The procedure is done in this sequence:
- Back up your information. How to do this, we told you earlier.
- Launch iTunes and connect the iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- iOS will ask if you want to access the smartphone. Give your consent to continue.
- Tap the gears on the iPhone home screen to open settings. Then tap on your profile name, go to iCloud, and move the slider to the “off” position next to “Find iPhone.
- Now restart your smartphone. Key combinations vary by model. On later ones, starting with iPhone 7, you need to alternately press the volume up key, then the volume down key. Immediately after that, press and hold the power button. On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models press the power and volume down buttons. On iPhone 6 and all earlier ones, press the home button and power button at the same time.
Click the “Repair” button to install the latest version of iOS
After installing new firmware you will need only to authorize and restore data from the backup copy.
If none of these methods helped you to solve the problem, most likely there is a hardware defect. In this case please contact iFix Service Center in Kiev. Our experts will diagnose the device and quickly eliminate the problem.