Iphone Turns On And Off On Charging
Iphone turns on and off while charging
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
Compare and choose the best conditions
A very common problem faced by users of Apple gadgets when the iPhone turns on and off while charging. There are many reasons why the iPhone starts to turn off and you can fix many of them yourself.
To solve the problem of turning on, spontaneous reboot or failure of the shutdown button at home, it is necessary to consider in detail all the possible causes of the malfunction and how to repair them.
The iPhone turns on, but the black screen is on
Conventionally, the reasons why the iPhone turns on and off while charging, performs a spontaneous reboot, are divided into hardware and system. It is software failures that are most often to blame for the fact that the iPhone turns off immediately. If your iPhone stops turning on, you need to diagnose the device. When the firmware is the cause of the breakdown, the following should be done:
- Connect charger
- Leave the phone on charge for 15-30 minutes
- Try turning on your smartphone
- If the phone turns on, restart it, press the Home button and the Power button at the same time
If the reason that the iPhone turns on and off immediately lies in system failures, after a forced restart of the device, the apple logo will appear on the iPhone screen and iOS will start loading. Charge your phone fully and test it. If the problem persists, look for another cause of the problem.
Iphone turns off due to unstable charging source
If your phone doesn’t charge when you turn it on, or starts turning on but turns off immediately, an unstable iPhone charging source may be the cause. If the iPhone is charged in the garage, car, in the country, this affects the device’s performance, since the power supply in such places is unstable. To prevent damage to your phone, follow these guidelines:
- If the iPhone turns off and on regularly, diagnose the device
- Only charge your smartphone in places where the current supply is stable
- Do not use charging from other phones
- Try not to use car chargers
If you follow the recommendations for using the iPhone, as well as regular diagnostics of the device, iPhone problems occur much less often.
The phone stopped turning on due to a hardware problem
If the iPhone stops turning on when charging is connected after being hit or dropped, one of the components of the phone may be damaged. In this case, the charging indicator on the screen is on, the Power button (shutdown button) responds to commands, but the phone does not work correctly. To find out if this is so, you need to make a professional diagnosis of the device.
The main components that affect phone performance are as follows:
- Motherboard if the motherboard fails, the phone turns on, then the screen starts to go out and the device turns off
- Charging controller If you cannot connect the charger because the plug does not fit all the way, make a diagnosis of the charging controller. The smartphone may have stopped turning on because of it
- Power button If the contact of the shutdown button is oxidized, sooner or later the phone turns off and does not turn on anymore. In this case, mandatory diagnostics and repairs are required.
- Battery cable when the cable connecting the battery to the microcircuit leaves, the iPhone does not charge correctly, so it periodically turns off and turns on spontaneously
If the iPhone stops charging, periodically turns off and on due to hardware failures, it is not recommended to make repairs on your own. Diagnostics and replacement of faulty parts of the gadget should be carried out using professional equipment.
An apple is constantly on the phone screen
A common situation is when the iPhone turns on, the charging indicator appears on the screen, after which it goes out and the apple logo appears, or a notification that it will soon be discharged. If the iPhone freezes and turns off immediately after turning it on, most likely the reason is a system failure when restoring from a backup. Restarting the gadget and restoring from iTunes will help solve this problem.
To do this, do the following:
- Make sure the battery is charged and will not run out soon
- Prepare your computer and USB cable
- Sync iPhone to PC
- Turn off the iPhone by holding the Home button and the Power button
- Hold down the power button and wait for the iTunes application logo to appear on the screen
- Release the power button and start recovery mode on the computer
After the restore is complete, the iPhone turns off immediately. Put the iPhone charger on and wait for it to be full. Then press and hold the power button for a while and, if necessary, reboot the device. If this did not help to solve the problem, and all the same, after turning on the iPhone immediately turns off, professional diagnostics of the iPhone is required.
Improper use of smartphone battery
If your iPhone turns on and immediately turns off, or spontaneously reboots and the shutdown button does not respond, the battery may be faulty. If you have been using the iPhone for more than a year, then the loss of battery capacity is quite natural and replacing this part will help solve the problem. When the iPhone is almost new, the battery breakdown is most likely caused by the following factors:
- Using a non-original charger despite the similarity of the original and Chinese-made chargers, they differ in the method of supplying current, as a result of which the battery fails, so the iPhone starts to turn on and immediately turns off
- Regular voltage drops in the network, using the original iPhone charging does not always guarantee the health of the battery. With constant voltage drops in the network, the battery prematurely fails, so the iPhone turns on and starts to go out, or a notification appears on the screen that the device will soon be discharged
- Moisture ingress when even a small amount of moisture enters the battery, the battery breaks down, so the iPhone turns off immediately, or it does not charge when turned on
Mechanical damage, falls and shocks can also cause the iPhone to turn on and start to turn off. If the iPhone starts to turn on and off, the charging icon is always on on the display, it is recommended to diagnose the device.
Iphone on charging turns on and off how to make it work?
Hello! To begin with, it is worth describing the situation in more detail, otherwise it may not be clear from the title what the author means. And recently I faced this problem personally, so the picture is right in front of my eyes and it will not be difficult to describe the situation 🙂 And the following happened, my rather old iPhone 5s was completely discharged, as they say to zero, and it would seem that nothing criminal was put on charge and went about his business
I come back after a while, and I see a very strange and inadequate behavior of the iPhone device turns on, the screen lights up for a while (an apple appears and even a glimpse of entering the password) and immediately the display goes out and the phone turns off safely. And that’s it, it happens all the time. For the sake of the experiment, I waited another 20 minutes, nothing has changed (it just got hot), and I continued to turn on and off with enviable constancy.
I’ll run ahead and say that I managed to solve the problem on my own and without visiting the service center, and in a fairly easy way. But first, about how to prevent such a situation and what you should pay attention to:
Do not discharge the device until it is completely discharged, especially if the battery is not new.
Actually, almost all of these reasons coincided, it was relatively cool in my room, the battery has definitely been there for a couple of years (although it holds almost as it should), only the wire and charging originals.
What happens in the end? When connected to a charger, it turns out that all the incoming energy is spent exclusively on loading the system and backlighting the display. This energy is not enough, it cannot accumulate, the iPhone turns on, as it were, but immediately discharges and turns off. And then everything will repeat itself. Here is such a vicious circle.
How to get out of it?
- Use a more powerful power adapter. The one that comes with the iPhone produces 1 amp and is clearly not enough in such a situation. So you need something stronger, for example, from the iPad. It has 2.1 amperes of output and is capable of delivering more power to turn on. Is it safe? Apple says you can do this, and there is no point in not believing it.
- In the case when there is no other adapter at hand, it is necessary to perform the following operation, enter the device into DFU-mode and leave it on the charge for a while in this state. In this mode, the screen does not light up and the system does not boot, which means there will be no energy consumption and all of it will go to charge the battery. After 20-30 minutes, turn on the iPhone and are glad that the shutdowns have stopped.
- This option is clearly not for everyone and will require some skill from you. It consists in connecting the wire to the device for 2-3 seconds and without waiting for it to turn on, immediately pull it out. And in such small portions, recharge the battery to the state that is enough to fully launch the iPhone.
Finally, I would like to note that the situation discussed in this article, of course, is not normal and in an amicable way, the battery must be changed so that there are no other surprises in the future. But here everyone decides for himself.
If the iPhone is discharged and does not charge what to do?
Based on the listed factors, we will consider effective solutions.
- When the battery is completely exhausted, connect the original charger to the iPhone, reconnect it to the mains and wait about fifteen minutes. At first the screen will be black, but later an icon should appear indicating the start of the process:
Suddenly Afyon 6 does not start even after half an hour, but a hint appears on the display. They say you need to connect to the outlet, then do the required operation and wait at least four hours until the resource is restored to 100%:
- If there is a software-type failure (the methods listed above are powerless), then you will have to resort to a hard reset. Hard Reset is simple, but after it all installed applications, data are deleted, that is, you get an iPhone with a clean firmware.
It is necessary to hold and hold the two buttons on the Home and Power case (turning on). If you have a new iPhone that does not have a Home control, then hold down Volume instead:
Do not release until the display shows an apple. This usually happens in twenty seconds. The first start after the reset will take longer than usual, you will have to wait. And then immediately put it on charge, after which you can restore information from iCloud.
Judging by the messages on the forums, such a negative phenomenon is rare, but it does take place. And this must be somehow dealt with. It’s good that in the vast majority of cases, you can do without going to a service workshop. This means you can save a lot of money (yes, repairing the iPhone 7 and other models is not cheap).
Why won’t my Apple smartphone turn on after plugging in the power adapter? The reasons are as follows:
- The device was in a discharged state for a long time (from several days or more);
- A software glitch has occurred;
- The charging socket is damaged or there is some other hardware failure preventing the phone from being powered.
Iphone is dead and won’t turn on what to do?
Recently a friend asked for help. He said that his iPhone is dead and does not turn on while charging. What to do in a similar situation? Personally, I’m a fan of the Android operating system, so I went to the Internet for answers. I dug up several ways that may help, but not always. Now let’s look at the instruction for iPhone.
If it doesn’t help
I don’t want to upset you, but if the listed solutions to the problem are ineffective, most likely the reason is a hardware failure:
- The battery is dead, it will finally need to be replaced at a service center;
- The charging cable is damaged, try using a different one;
- A broken slot for connecting a power source will have to contact the SC to replace the connector;
- Fatal base firmware failure. Alas, you won’t do anything at home.
Now you know what to do if the iPhone is discharged and does not turn on even when the charger is connected. Try it and be sure to write in the comments which method was useful for you.
Iphone hardware breakdown
Problems with turning on the IPhone can have not only software, but also hardware origin.
If you were unable to revive the IPhone using the methods described above, the problem with 100% probability lies precisely in the breakdown of one or more physical components.
This happens when the phone is dropped or hit hard. Common problems include the following:
- The battery is worn out or its cable is broken. The only solution to the problem is replacing the battery with a new one;
- Breakage of the lower cable, which is responsible for the synchronization of the IPhone components. Part replacement required. After that, the phone will turn on, charge and connect to the computer normally;
- Damage to the power controller. It is the inoperability of this part that causes the phone to turn off even with a full battery charge;
- Damage to power circuits;
- Inoperability of other components of the motherboard.
Note that repairs to the power supply circuits, controller and other components of the board are prohibited. Any modifications to the structure and verification data can turn your iPhone into a brick after the next start.
Changed hardware details will not be recognized by the Apple server and the gadget will automatically be detected as stolen or fake. You can solve the problem by replacing the entire motherboard. Make sure to buy a genuine model with the correct components.
After installing a new main board, all problems with charging, battery operation and sudden shutdown of the gadget will be eliminated.
Iphone (iPhone) does not turn on when charging what to do detailed instructions
Iphone does not turn on while charging what to do in this case?
Most users immediately carry their gadgets to expensive service centers, although you can solve the problem yourself in just a few minutes.
Let’s take a closer look at how to turn on your IPhone if it stops responding to key presses in charging mode.
Checking the cable connection
Due to a faulty cable or the use of a non-original accessory, the phone may not start.
After connecting the charger to the phone, make sure that it works and the iPhone is really charging.
If an electrical signal does not enter the Lightning connector, a photographic notification will appear on the screen:
Try connecting another charger to your smartphone, or change the outlet. Its voltage may not be enough to recharge.
It is important to remember that in the off state the phone takes longer to charge, because the battery may not even be enough to turn on the gadget.
That is why, immediately after connecting to the power grid, the user will not be able to immediately launch the gadget. Wait 50-10 minutes for the device to charge at least 5%.
Only then try to run it again.
Black screen and non-working buttons in the IPhone
Often, Apple smartphone users face a problem when a fully or partially charged device turns off spontaneously. The Apple logo does not appear on the screen even if you try to press all keys at the same time (emergency start).
Do not rush to carry your phone to the service center, because it just went into the so-called save mode. This option allows the gadget to recover or terminate erroneous processes and malware. Disconnection occurs without the knowledge of the user, and the device itself can be in this state for up to one hour.
Ios will launch 10-15 minutes after the black screen appears. Save mode may appear if the user rarely reboots the device, does not create backup copies of files and folders.
At a certain moment, the amount of erroneous data reaches the limit and for normal IOS operation, the phone starts the save mode. And also, this option is necessary to save power on the iPhone.
If you have launched such a function in the gadget’s settings, it will periodically turn off during the launch of a heavy program or a low battery level.
By the way, on our website you can read the material How to set up an iPhone: Instructions for dummies.
Battery Replacement. Instructions
Apple advises changing the iPhone battery every two to three years. During this time, the component fails and can no longer support the normal operation of the device.
To replace the battery, you will need a new battery for your iPhone model and a set of the following tools:
- Spudger plastic oblong spade for disconnecting loops;
- Suction cup for opening the case;
- Philips screwdriver set (selected individually for each device model). It is possible to buy not the whole set, but only a few parts. This option is suitable for those who do not plan to repair other components of the phone in the future;
Before replacing the battery, clean the work surface and place all the necessary tools on it.
Now locate the two bolts on the bottom of the case (on either side of the Lightning connector) and unscrew them using a Philips Pentolobe screwdriver as shown in the picture below.
Open the IPhone case
Place the suction cup on the iPhone display and, while holding the gadget in your hands, detach the back cover from the screen.
Take a spudger and pry up the ends of the case to completely separate the two components:
Removing the plug from the battery cable
Gently lift the screen at a right angle to the back cover.
Using a plastic spatula, deactivate 4 loops, including the display one. They are connected to the motherboard.
First remove the metal plug from it using a Phillips screwdriver. Now put the display module aside.
Locate the battery cable cover and unscrew its three screws as shown in the figure:
Disconnect the ribbon cable from the case by prying it with a spudger.
Now take out the battery.
Note that it is attached to the chassis with a piece of duct tape. Pry the battery with a spudger or any plastic card.
Install a new part and repeat all steps in reverse order to assemble the phone. Switch on the device and put it on charge immediately.
Activating / deactivating power saving mode
The save mode can be controlled via the battery saving option.
The appearance of a black screen occurs due to the inability to process the command, since in the power saving mode the processor’s work is significantly reduced. After the appearance of a black screen, the phone must be immediately connected to the power supply and only after a full charge, turn on.
You can only deactivate the battery saving option when the iPhone is on.
If you disable the option in the settings, the device will stop turning off at the last 20% of the remaining charge:
- Go to settings. Battery tab;
- Deactivate the power saving mode slider;
- Turn on charge percentage display.
Disabling saving mode
Deactivating the function will prevent arbitrary shutdowns of the device and will significantly speed up the work of such applications:
- Siri Assistant;
- Synchronization of the client’s e-mail program with its server;
- Background update of processes and components;
- Automatic download;
- Automatic blocking occurs after 30 seconds of inactivity;
- Additional visual effects become available.
Remember that disabling the function leads to the fact that the gadget starts to discharge 20%.30% faster, so you need to monitor the use of programs in the background and recharge your smartphone more often.
The battery is out of order and needs to be replaced
How to fix problems
All faults are traditionally divided into hardware and software problems. To fix software errors, we need a USB cable and a computer.
For iron treatment, the list will be much wider:
Why the iPhone does not turn on: what to do when the apple burns and goes out
For the owner of an apple device, the biggest nuisance is the eternally glowing apple on the display or even a black screen. The device entered an infinite boot cycle or does not turn on at all. Often this is a consequence of a malfunction of the motherboard of the gadget and only a service center can help.
So, let’s figure out what problems can be when the iPhone or iPad itself turns off, why the apple burns and goes out on models 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, what to do in such cases.
Device hangs on apple after factory reset
To get your iPhone back to normal, you need to do the following:
Turn off the device by long pressing the Power and Home buttons at the same time
Power button does not work
The power button consists of two elements: a foil switch and a plastic pusher, it is he who sticks out of the case and you press on it with your finger. When enough dirt accumulates between the push rod and the button, the push rod cannot reach the button and the iPhone will not turn on. First, we will try to wash away the accumulation of dirt with alcohol, medical grade or isopropyl. In no case do not take vodka, toilet water, glass cleaner for this operation. In addition to alcohol, these liquids contain a fair share of water, it will remain inside the device and cause corrosion.
Pour alcohol into a syringe (5 ml is enough) and putting a needle on it, drip onto the power button. After 810 drops have seeped under the button, press it several times, vigorously but not roughly. Dripping alcohol again. Repeat the procedure three to four times. If the reason for the inoperability of the button was contamination, it will begin to respond to pressing after the first call.
Why iPhone does not turn on: we make a diagnosis
Outwardly similar symptoms can be the result of completely different malfunctions. The correct diagnosis is 90% success, so below we will analyze in detail the possible options for breakdowns.
If iPhone charges but won’t turn on, you can try restoring it through DFU mode. To do this, we leave the smartphone on charge until the morning (so that it can take the maximum charge). In the next step, we need a computer with iTunes installed. We connect the smartphone to the computer, hold down the Home and Power buttons, press for 10 seconds, release the power button and, while continuing to hold Home, wait another 15 seconds. At this time, iTunes should report that it has detected a ready-to-restore iPhone. We confirm our intentions and wait for the results. Next, we try to turn on our smartphone.
We have already written about the procedures for restoring and flashing iPhones in our reviews more than once, use the search on the site and get the information you need.
The iPhone is dead and does not turn on while charging
Black screen and lack of response to button presses are common problems. In this situation, the main thing is not to panic and not unwind the device yourself. Typically, the problem is a deep discharge of the phone or an iOS freeze. Try the following:
1 Power charge can be discharged quickly at low temperatures. If you come from frost and find a black screen, warm up the device. 2 Leave for 20 minutes connected to charging. The iPhone should turn on by itself. This will not happen if the smartphone is completely discharged. 3 In this case, hold down the power and home keys for 10 seconds. For the 7th iPhone, you need to hold down the power and volume down keys. When the logo appears, stop holding the buttons. Expect full iOS download. 4 If this procedure does not help, then turn on and off the mute switch before performing it. And do point 3 again.
If, after all of the above has not yielded a result, we can conclude that there is a possible malfunction: iPhone, charging cord, charging head is not working properly, charger bandwidth is low.
If the mobile device is charging but does not want to turn on, then this may indicate a problem with the battery. The peculiarity of the iPhone is that it uses a non-removable battery, we cannot take it out and test it. In this case, we can suspect that the discharge is too deep, so the battery needs to be checked somehow. We just have to leave the device on charge overnight, trying to start the iPhone in the morning.
This procedure is often used to eliminate the consequences of deep discharge of batteries. Standing on the charge for a long time, it will be able to replenish its capacity and gain the required amount of energy. In the case of a removable battery, it could be overclocked by an external power supply or a frog, but in the case of an iPhone, we can only wait and hope.
Non-removable batteries are found in all iPhones, including the iPhone 4s and iPhone 5s. If the battery in your device is removable, then you have a fake.
Your iPhone 6s won’t turn on or charge? Such a fate can befall not only the 6s model, but also any other models of smartphones from Apple. If the device shows no signs of life, does not respond to a long night charge and does not start even when you try to enter recovery mode, you need to contact a service center. Here experts will bring him to his senses, most likely, the motherboard is faulty in your smartphone, self-repair in this case is impossible.
The iPhone is dead and does not turn on while charging
If the iPhone is completely discharged and does not turn on. Then the first thing to do is not to panic, because there are several ways to make it work. But first you need to figure out why it does not turn on. After all, even if you forgot the password on your iPhone and you don’t know what to do, the battery charge is still saved. Basically, there are only two reasons an iPhone might not work: the first is a completely drained battery, and the second is a software glitch. Let’s deal with each of them.
What to do if the iPhone does not turn on due to a dead battery
If the phone runs out of battery, then you need to connect it to the mains adapter and charge for fifteen minutes (some models take half an hour). After the specified time has elapsed, it is recommended to try to turn on the mobile device, but do not remove it from the socket. If everything goes well, the icon of an empty battery inside with a lightning bolt should appear on the screen of the gadget (this means that it is charging and will soon turn on). In some cases, if the iPhone is completely discharged and does not turn on even after a half-hour recharge, an empty battery icon, an outlet and an arrow pointing to lightning may appear on its screen. This means that the battery of the gadget was completely discharged (or did not turn on for a long time), so it needs additional time to recharge (approximately four to five hours, after which it can be turned on).
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on due to software glitch
If there is a software failure, then the gadget requires a hard restart. To do it, on the iPhone, you need to simultaneously hold down two buttons at once: Power and Home. They should be held pressed for about 10-15 seconds, after which the Apple logo should appear on the screen of the gadget, which will mean that the device has started to reboot. If you already know how to distinguish the original iPhone 3GS, you have probably seen this icon. After the reboot is complete, the phone will start functioning normally. It is worth noting that the same reboot can be done if a program freezes and the phone does not respond to pressing any buttons.
The above problems and their solutions are standard, but if none of these methods helped, then most likely one of the following malfunctions occurred on the phone:
The battery has deteriorated;
damaged network cable;
there was a mechanical damage to the connector into which the charger is connected;
there was an error in the firmware.
With all of the above problems, it is recommended to contact the service center, because it will be very difficult to solve them on your own. Although nothing is impossible in the world!
Why iPhone turns off by itself and how to fix it?
Greetings! Iphone, like any other technically complex device, is prone to breakage. Yes, yes, there are no perfect gadgets (this is news!) And a smartphone from Apple is no exception to this rule. One of the most common ailments is that the iPhone turns off on its own for no reason. That is, there seems to be charging, in general everything is working fine, and sometimes he will take it and turn off. Over, these tricks occur periodically and often enough!
We will now find out about the reasons for such a breakdown, as well as whether it is inherently a defect (and in some cases everything is logical and more or less normal). And of course, we’ll find out what you can do with the iPhone that is constantly turning off at home, without visiting a service center (we always have time to go there!). Let’s start!
Why there is a situation when the iPhone turns off by itself:
- Spontaneous reboots may be due to software issues. For example, if you have a beta version of the iOS operating system or its jailbreak, you should not be surprised at periodic shutdowns. Although such options happen not only in these cases.
- If this happens on the street in the cold season, then this is just the case when turning off the iPhone (even if there is still charging) is quite a logical phenomenon. Read more about how to help the battery in cold weather.
- Iron problems. In 95% percent of cases, this is either a battery or a power controller. For a start, it would be nice to find out more information about the battery, find out how many recharge cycles have already been, the actual capacity, etc. We check the battery of our iPhone and if it is completely bad, then a replacement is inevitable.
In fact, this is all because of what the iPhone can upset you with a periodic interruption of work. And now let’s take a look at the actions that need to be performed in order to fix this ailment and the iPhone stopped, for no reason, turning off by itself:
The best way to deal with various software errors leading to reboots is with iTunes recovery. As a result, we get a clean device with the latest current firmware. If you have important data on your smartphone, do not forget to create a copy of it in iTunes or save it to iCloud.
Summing up or instead of an afterword
As we found out, there are only two reasons why the iPhone turns itself off by itself (we will not count the special case with use in the cold season), these are either software failures or problems inside the gadget.
And if you can and should fight the first ones on your own, then in case of any breakdowns it is better to turn to professionals. Especially if you know for sure that warranty service is available for your device and its period has not expired.