Iphone Turned Off Screen And Does Not Turn On
Display malfunctions are a common problem with iphone 8. A malfunction may appear unexpectedly: the smartphone just worked, and after a minute the screen backlight is no longer activated. What to do if the iPhone 8 turns off the screen? Is it worth it to immediately run to the service center or can you try to independently resume the performance of your favorite smartphone?
Reasons for screen fading
If the screen goes blank on iPhone 8 and does not turn on, there are a number of possible reasons for this phenomenon. The most common of them:
- Moisture penetration leading to oxidation of the connectors on the motherboard;
- Mechanical damage, in particular blows that lead to the display cable becoming loose or breaking;
- Manufacturing defects;
- Software bugs;
- Lack of charge.
The last 2 points of the presented list are decided independently, but in the first 3 cases, you need to parse the smartphone, repair it or replace the display.
The screen on the iPhone 8 went out: what should I do?
Software crashes are eliminated simply and easily at home. All other problems require contacting a service center, or an independent analysis of the device.
During operation of the device, the iOS system may freeze, leading to malfunctions of the smartphone. The lack of a backlight is one of these glitches. You can try the steps below.
For this you need:
- Press the power button.
- At the same time, hold down the volume rocker and try to lower it with the side key.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear.
- Observe the smartphone after a similar reboot (if it took place). If the problem recurs, a deeper diagnosis of the problems will be required.
We do a flashing through iTunes
The original Apple technique is equipped with a special DFU mode, which makes it possible to upgrade the OS or return to its previous version. To roll back to the iOS version that stood before, do the following manipulations:
- Open the latest version of iTunes on your PC or laptop.
- Plug in the USB cable.
- Hold the Home button for a few seconds until the iTunes label appears on the screen.
- Follow the application commands.
Charge the battery
The reason that the screen went blank on iPhone 8 may be a banal lack of charge. Insert the charger into the connector and make sure that charging is in progress (this is indicated by the display of the charging battery on the screen). Turn on your smartphone.
The situation when charging is not displayed indicates a broken charger. Replace it with a new one and try not to purchase a cheap Chinese fake, which, as a rule, quickly fails.
No matter how the manufacturer assures that the smartphone is waterproof, still moisture can penetrate into it. The ingress of liquids leads to oxidation of the contacts. In this case, the image on the iphone 8 may disappear.
- We wrap the phone in a dry towel after bathing.
- We blow cold air from a hair dryer.
- We disassemble the smartphone using special tools.
- Inspect the motherboard. You can detect traces of oxidation.
- We clean them with isopropyl alcohol using cotton swabs or a soft-brushed brush.
After cleaning and reassembling, turn on the phone and check its operation.
As you can see, there are several ways to fix a malfunction: correct system errors, repair or replace a part. You need to start work with the elimination of system errors, and then, if the situation is not resolved, proceed to radical actions. repair or replace parts yourself, or by contacting a service center.