Iphone 5s Hang On iTunes
Previous article: Laptop freezes
Owners of devices such as iPhone, iPad or iPod touch may face one unpleasant problem. iTunes freezing when the device is connected. The causes of this phenomenon, as well as ways to solve this problem will be discussed later.
The reasons for freezing may be hiding in:
- Outdated or crashed software
- a problem with automatic synchronization;
- established podcasts;
- the account itself;
- the effects of viruses and spyware.
The solution to the main problems
Let’s look at each of the above cases and ways to resolve this problem.
If itunes freezes when you connect the iphone, then the first possible reason may be a software error. It can also occur if the device software has not been updated for a long time and is no longer able to correctly display new versions of the program.
In this case, you must perform the following steps:
- Using Windows Update, install the latest software for your computer (recommended only for official assemblies);
- update the iTunes client by downloading it using the Apple updater or by downloading the latest version from the official website of the company.
Turn off auto sync
The freeze may also be related to the automatic synchronization process. If this problem occurs, you must disable it.
You can do this as follows:
- go to the “Edit” menu and then select “Settings”;
- Click on the “Devices” tab;
After that, reconnect the device. If the problem no longer appears, it means that the cause was a certain type of content. What should we do in this case?
To completely fix the problem you need:
- turn off all content types in the synchronization menu;
- We carry out synchronization;
- turn on each type one by one and test for freezes;
- We determine the problem type that must be removed from the device.
Disabling podcasts and external modules
Sometimes a large number of saved podcasts freezes. To fix the problem, simply delete them by highlighting the issues in the list and clicking “Delete”. After that, you need to restart the iPhone or iPad, reconnect to the computer and try to enter the program.
Other ways to troubleshoot
In the event that the previous solutions to the problem with freezing did not help, you need to check its presence when connected to another computer:
- close the iTunes client;
- go to drive C, to the “Users” folder, select the username;
- Next, open “Application Data” and “Apple Computer”;
Attention! The latest version of iTunes with all updates must be installed on the tested PC.
Next, we will talk in more detail about the intricacies of checking the device using another PC and about eliminating the hang when starting a new account.
How to remove the GRUB bootloader? Details here.
Repeating a problem with a new account
To check if the hang is repeated when using a new account, we need to create it first:
- open the “Start” menu, select “Control Panel”;
- click on “Add and delete accounts”;
- select “Create” and follow simple instructions;
- after that, again click on the “Start” button and select “Logout“;
- log in again as a new user;
- open iTunes and see if this fixes the problem.
If the client freezes again, we recommend that you do the following:
- conduct a full PC scan with antivirus, removing all malicious objects;
- remove from autorun all optional elements that may cause problems in operation;
- update personal computer software;
- in a critical case, restore the factory settings of the iPhone or iPad.
Note! It is worth resorting to restoring the factory settings of the device only as a last resort. If it is recognized on another computer, then you should first try other measures.
If there is nothing left but to make a full backup of the device, it is important to take care of the following:
- save all important data using a network connection, simply sending them to your email address;
- make a backup copy of the files by storing it on the computer.
With the new account, the device works fine
What should I do if the problem disappears after creating a new account?
In this case, to restore performance, we need:
- restart the device;
- Log into the program using an old account;
- create a new media library;
- check for errors.
Want to know how to choose a WIFI adapter for your TV? details here.
How to install FLASH PLAYER on LG TV? Find out here.
If the problem is resolved, shut down iTunes and return to the previous version of the library by doing the following:
- re-run the program while holding down the Shift key;
- in the menu that appears, select and restore the library file used earlier (by default it is located in the “My Music \ iTunes” directory).
We examined the most common causes that cause iTunes to freeze when it starts. Following simple instructions, the user without any difficulties will be able to fix this problem. If you have any questions or comments, use the comment form located under the article.