For the owner of the “apple” device, the biggest trouble is the “apple” or the “black screen” that always shines on the display. The device has entered an infinite download cycle or does not turn on at all. Often this is a consequence of a malfunction of the motherboard of the gadget and only a service center can help.
So, let’s figure out what problems can happen when the iPhone or iPad switches off, why the apple burns and goes out on models 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, what to do in such cases.
Why iPhone doesn’t turn on: make a diagnosis
Outwardly similar symptoms can be the result of completely different malfunctions. The correct diagnosis is 90% success, so below we will analyze in detail the possible damage options.
Does not turn on
The device cannot turn on, and there are several reasons for this:
- Battery in deep discharge. The device cannot start with an uncharged battery and cannot charge it either, because it is blocked by the controller due to deep discharge.
- The battery is out of order. The battery is rated for approximately 500 charge-discharge cycles. If you actively use the device and charge it every day. in less than two years the battery will become inoperative. In practice, this happens even faster.
The iPhone does not turn on, the apple burns and goes out
A white “apple” glows on the screen either continuously until the battery is exhausted, or the device is cyclically rebooted every few minutes. This may occur for the following reasons:
- A swollen battery warps the device board. This malfunction is more typical for the third-generation iPhone, where the battery is installed between the “trough”. the bottom of the case and the motherboard. Deformation of the board leads to disruption of contacts and as a result, the device hangs on the screen saver. After replacing the battery with a new one, the normal operation of the device may be restored, or maybe not. If we get lucky.
How to fix problems
All malfunctions are traditionally divided into problems with hardware and software. To fix software errors, we need a USB cable and a computer.
For iron treatment, the list will be much wider:
Deep battery discharge
The battery controller blocked as a result of extreme discharge will not allow charging it with regular methods.
Therefore, to fix the problem, you will need to open the device, dismantle the battery, check it. If the battery is operational, charge with a universal charger. How to do this, let’s try to figure out the example of the third-generation iPhone, since it will be the most work with them.
- Remove the SIM card tray
- Using a screwdriver, unscrew the two screws on the right and left of the cable connector.
The power button does not work
The power button consists of two elements: a film switch and a plastic pusher, it is he who sticks out of the case and you press it with your finger. When enough dirt accumulates between the pusher and the button, the pusher cannot reach the button and the iPhone does not turn on. First, try to blur the accumulation of dirt with alcohol, medical or isopropyl alcohol. In no case do not take vodka, toilet water, glass cleaner for this operation. In addition to alcohol, these liquids contain a fair amount of water, it will remain inside the device and cause corrosion.
- Pour alcohol into a syringe (5 ml is enough) and put a needle on it, drop it on the power button. After 8-10 drops seep under the button, press it several times, vigorously, but not lightly. Drip alcohol again. Repeat the procedure three to four times. If the button was caused by pollution, it will begin to respond to clicks after the first call.
- If manipulation with alcohol did not help, the membrane switch itself is faulty and must be changed.
- Disassemble the iPhone, as in the instructions above. At the top of the case, unscrew the screws that secure the headphone jack, power button, volume rocker and sound lock switch.
The cable connector does not work
The cause of this malfunction can be either a dirty connector or damaged contacts in it. To fix the problem, do the following:
- Using a syringe, moisten the connector liberally with alcohol and leave for a few minutes.
- Re-wet the connector and use a medium-hard brush or toothbrush to clean it of dirt.
The battery has failed and needs to be replaced.
If you do not contact a service center, the chances of acquiring an original battery for replacement are zero. When buying a battery, be sure to check it for leaks, no bloating and corrosion. If possible, check the voltage with a tester.
The device hangs on the “apple” after resetting to factory settings
To return the iPhone to its normal working state, you need to do the following:
- Turn off the device by continuously pressing the “Power” and “Home” buttons
- Put iPhone into DFU mode: Press and hold the Home button and the Power button; keep the buttons pressed for 10 seconds; release the “Power” button while continuing to hold the “Home” button; hold the Home key until iTunes determines the new device in recovery mode (approximately 10-15 seconds).
iPhone is in DFU mode
The device can only exit DFU mode by discharging the battery to zero. If you do not want to wait for such a long time, you can solve this problem programmatically:
- Connect the device to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Waiting for iTunes to recognize iPhone in recovery mode.
- At the same time, press the Home and Power buttons on the device and wait for the iPhone to restart.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Download and run the TinyUmbrella program.
- From the “Recovery Devices” list, select your device.
- In the upper right part of the program window, click the “Exit Recovery” button
Amat victoria curam. victory loves preparation. This catch phrase is equally suitable for troubleshooting apple devices. Visit thematic resources online. Study the theoretical part, prepare the workplace, stock up on the right consumables and your iPhone will definitely come to life!
If luck didn’t smile at you or the breakdown was too serious, you can always contact the wizards of the service center.