Iphone 5 Recovery Through iTunes
Unsuccessful firmware or jailbreak of the device may lead to malfunction. In this case, you do not need to despair, you just need to restore the iPhone using iTunes. The procedure is simple and takes a little time, however, you need to know some features, which we will talk about in this manual.
Determine which version of iOS you can recover
Before proceeding with iPhone recovery, you must determine which version of iOS is suitable for the device. The fact is that when releasing new versions of iOS, Apple ceases to sign old assemblies. Recovery and rollback to them, respectively, becomes impossible.
It is easiest to determine which version of iOS you can recover using this service. Follow the link and select the model of your iPhone (or other Apple mobile device). On firmware marked with checkmarks, recovery is possible. IOS builds marked with crosses cannot be restored. On the same site you can download the firmware itself, which is necessary for the implementation of the recovery.
How to restore iPhone
Step 1. Download the latest version of iTunes from the official website or update an already installed program. On the Mac, you can check for updates in the Mac App Store, on Windows, in the “reference“→”Updates“.
Step 2. Download the firmware version you need. You can download using this service.
Step 3. Connect the iPhone to the computer and enter it into recovery mode. To do this, simultaneously hold down the buttons Nutrition and Home for 10 seconds, then release the button Nutrition, continuing to hold Home for 6-9 seconds. If you did everything correctly, iTunes will start with a message about the iPhone found in recovery mode.
Note: putting iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus into recovery mode is slightly different. Instead of the Home button, you must hold down the volume down button.
Step 4. Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and while holding click on the “Reestablish“. In the window that opens, select the previously downloaded firmware file.
Step 5. Confirm the start of recovery.
Step 6. The recovery process will be started and after its completion the device will work normally.
During the recovery process, various errors may occur, we will consider some of them.
How to fix Error 3194 when restoring iPhone
The error number 3194 can occur due to various reasons, but the main ones are the consequences of working with the TinyUmbrella utility or similar.
In order to get rid of error 3194 during iPhone recovery, you need to do the following:
- Open the folder C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ etc and find the file in it hosts.
- Open the file using the standard program “Notebook»And find the line containing the inscription gs.apple.com. delete this line.
- Save the file and restart the computer.
With a high probability, error 3194 will not occur the next time you try to restore the iPhone. But for greater certainty, before starting the procedure, disable the computer firewall for a while. the chances of a successful recovery will increase significantly.
How to fix 1013, 1014 or 1015 errors when restoring iPhone
These errors occur when trying to downgrade the firmware due to the inability to downgrade the modem. Important. the method will only help in the case of older iPhone models (iPhone 4s and older).
In order to get rid of errors 1013, 1014 or 1015 during iPhone recovery, you need to do the following:
- Download the latest redsn0w utility.
- Unzip the downloaded file and run the application as administrator.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- On the redsn0w start screen, tap Extras → Recovery Fix.
- Click Next and enter the device in DFU mode according to the program instructions. Make it simple: hold the button for three seconds Nutrition, then without letting go Nutrition start holding the button Home for 10 seconds, then release Nutrition, but keep holding the button Home about 10 seconds. Redsn0w will show the timer of each step, so the chances of an error during the introduction of the device into DFU mode will significantly decrease.
A list of known iTunes errors and methods for resolving them can also be found on our website by clicking on this link.
These instructions apply not only to the iPhone, but also to the iPad and iPod Touch. The main thing is to precisely follow all the points, after making sure that all the warning rules are observed.
Put 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Follow us on Telegram, VKontakte, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Viber, Zen, YouTube.