iPhone 11 is there wireless charging
Does iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max support wireless and fast charging?
In the modern world, for the owner of a smartphone, the most important thing in a device is three things: a good screen, an excellent camera and of course a large battery.
Third, the battery needs to be bigger and charge fast. It’s no longer a secret that users love fast and wireless charging, but is it on the new iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max?
This is what we will try to find out today. It will be interesting.
The most interesting news about Apple technology and not only.
Fast and wireless charging on iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
So, looking ahead, both technologies are supported in absolutely all devices that appeared in 2019. There are only a few points you need to be aware of.
Wireless charging “iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max”
Wireless charger for iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
Everything is very simple here. Each of the models supports this kind of charging and you need to know right away that you will have to buy a mat with the Qi standard.
Is it convenient? Of course yes. But it should be borne in mind right away that this does not happen as quickly as through a cable.
Fast charging “iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max”
This year, Apple has finally moved in that direction. iPhones had this opportunity before, but you had to buy a special block.
Now, when you buy an iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max, you get the 18W USB-C Power Adapter in the box. So the problem is partially solved.
IPhone 11 Pro Bundle
Partly due to the fact that the iPhone 11 does not have this adapter, after all, the company put a good old 5W block in the box.
There is only one way out of this situation. you have to buy the same 18W adapter. You will have to pay 2,939 rubles for it. Plus, don’t forget about the USB-C / Lightning cable, which costs RUB 1,820.
Problem: unfinished iOS 13
Apple began testing iOS 13.1 a few weeks before the official release of iOS 13. This fact alone is enough to understand that the release of the operating system did not work out. Due to the rather large set of new features, it turned out to be too raw. iPhone 11 based on it lost its connection to the network, “froze” even some standard applications, let down in working with the system and third-party software. What is the bug of third-party keyboards when the screen flips, which was not fixed even in iOS 13.2.
- Your best bet is to just wait for the developers to clean up iOS 13 problems.
- This is, of course, a joke, but switching to Android will also help not to face iOS 13 bugs.
Problem: problems with volume and sound
A fairly large number of users also face this, regardless of what model of Apple smartphone they have. iPhone 11 among them.
- Try turning off Bluetooth to compare the sound quality with and without it.
- Make sure the speaker is clean and free of debris, food pieces or dust.
- If the above steps do not improve the sound quality, clear the cache memory of the device by restarting it.
- Perform a full factory reset. Before doing this, first back up your data via iTunes, Finder (for macOS Catalina) or iCloud.
Problem: smartphone overheating
Many users complain that their iPhone 11 gets very hot, which negatively affects battery life. Some wrote that this is especially noticeable when the GPS is on. sometimes the gadget is simply impossible to hold in your hands.
If you feel that your device is heating up too often and very much (even when you are not overloading it with tasks), take it to the nearest Apple Authorized Service Center.
Please note that you should not leave your iPhone in the sun or in your car when it is hot enough outside. In addition, try not to use the device while charging. this will negatively affect its temperature.
The main problems of the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro methods of solving them
The release of every new smartphone. even as regular as the iPhone. is a very difficult process for any company. A number of problems, both with the device itself and with its operating system, may arise immediately after its presentation. With the latest “Apple” flagships, something like this happened, and there are enough complaints about iOS 13 bugs and other problems of the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Some of them are troubling, but fortunately they do not pose a serious threat. We’ll tell you about the problems of the latest iPhones, as well as give some tips on how to fix them.
Apple MagSafe Charger Hands On (Can It Work With Other iPhones?)
Problem: wireless charging
Interruptions to wireless chargers are common. Some users reported that they put their latest iPhones on a Qi-type station, but after a while their devices not only did not replenish their vitality, but also got very hot. Many faced this problem only after the release of iOS 13, so perhaps the problem lies precisely in the software.
In addition, on one of the popular forums, the following entry is vigorously discussed:
“My iPhone 11 Pro Max doesn’t see wireless charging, although I’ve tried several different devices. What worked great with my past XS Max is now just useless. The new flagship is charged only through the cable “.
Most likely, this problem is not related to improper use of the smartphone, so you cannot avoid it. Just keep charging your iPhone with the cable until Apple has figured out the issue, and remember to install any updates that come up.
Most importantly, make sure to put the smartphone in the required place of the wireless charging station, try to power the device without a case and other “layers” that may not allow electromagnetic induction to pass through.
Problem: Activation issues
This question arises not only for the owners of a brand new iPhone 11. Many users for several years now have been faced with the fact that when they first turn on their new device gives an activation failure.
If you’re having trouble with your new iPhone, first make sure your internet connection is active. Also check if you have installed a SIM card, if you have money in your account and if the tariff plan is connected if you use mobile Internet.
Problem: unstable Bluetooth
There are also reports on the net about problems with connecting accessories via Bluetooth. An unstable connection is observed in all usage scenarios, not in specific situations.
“My iPhone 11 has the same Bluetooth problem that the iPhone 6 Plus once had. the connection drops when I connect my smartphone to my car. Devices can search for each other for more than five minutes, and then just give an error message, “- writes one of the users.
- Check if Bluetooth is turned on. If it’s inactive and you can’t fix it, restart your device. Then try pairing and connecting again.
- Make sure your Bluetooth accessory and smartphone are in close proximity to each other.
- Check if both devices are charged.
- If none of the above steps helped, contact Apple Technical Support.
Note: This is a partial translation of the Digital Trends article.
What is inside
Both iPhones received 64, 128 and 256 GB versions.
Apple does not disclose data on RAM, but judging by the tests, both phones received 4 GB of RAM. Of course, the processor in the iPhone 12 is newer and more modern, it is already made according to the 5nm process technology. by the way, the same processor in the 12 Pro.
In turn, in the iPhone 11 last year’s top chip and in practice it is very difficult to feel the difference between them. Both phones are very fast, but the soul of the owner of the iPhone 12 will be warmed by the fact that the smartphone will receive the latest versions of iOS for longer.
Both the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 have wireless charging, but the new iPhone supports 15W charging, while the old only has 7.5W.
Don’t forget about accessories with MagSafe for iPhone 12.
The front camera has not changed. in both smartphones there is an identical 8-megapixel module. The main camera in the iPhone 12 is now more light-sensitive, but the sensor is the same as in the iPhone 11. But neural networks help to achieve better results: the night mode appeared for both the ultra-wide-angle camera and the front camera, and the third generation Smart HDR analyzes the scene and adjusts the colors depending on lighting.
If you take pictures every day, like to be confused with the processing of photos. take the iPhone 12 definitely. For all other cases, the iPhone 11 will be good.
Now with 5G
At the presentation of the new products, a lot of words were said about the iPhone’s support for 5G networks. On the one hand, this is an obvious shortcoming of the iPhone 11, it does not support them. On the other hand, while living in Russia, you still will not be able to evaluate high-speed networks in practice.
The era of flat sides has come.
Apple has a new concept: together with phones, we get a minimal set of accessories, no more charging and headphones, just a cable. over, in such a minimum configuration, both the new iPhone 12 and the old iPhone 11 are sold. Therefore, if you suddenly come across the eleventh iPhone in a large box with a charger and headphones from the old batches, consider yourself lucky.
New iPhones now without headphones and charging included.
While the iPhone 11 inherited the look and feel of the old iPhone XR, the iPhone 12 has completely new shapes. Instead of rounded sides, flat sides appeared, the phone looks different and feels different in the hand. In addition, it has become lighter by 30 grams, having lost 15% of its weight, at the same time, its width and height have decreased.
iPhone 12 and iPhone 11.
Did you miss the new design? Now you can be glad that the base iPhone looks no worse than the Pro version and differs only in materials: aluminum on the sides instead of steel.
iPhone 11 and iPhone 12.
Another thing is that if you put the phone in a case, then it will be very difficult to find the difference between the iPhone 11 and 12 and no one will understand that you have a new iPhone.
iPhone 12 and iPhone 11 in cases.
Apple also improved the water resistance of the phone: the iPhone 12 meets the IP68 standard, but can withstand immersion to a depth of six meters.
Last year’s iPhone 11 comes in six colors: classic black and white, (PRODUCT) RED, pale yellow, and the same pastel lavender and green.
In the case of the iPhone 12, the palette has been updated: black, white and pinkish rather than red (PRODUCT) RED remain. A new blue appeared and remained green.
Which one lasts longer
The battery life of the iPhone 11 is excellent, the phone can easily withstand a day of very active use or two days of vigorous load. Compared to it, the iPhone 12 performs less, but not much. According to my subjective feelings, the iPhone 12 will withstand a day and a half under a similar load.
Note that the iPhone 12 case now completely covers the bottom of the phone.
Less bezel, stronger glass
The long-suffering display frames, for which only a lazy gadget writer did not criticize the phone, became thinner. At the same time, the display size remains the same, but the screen resolution has increased, and the matrix has also changed from IPS to OLED. Now the image quality of the “basic” iPhone is not inferior to the Pro version.
The notch remains, but the bezels in the iPhone 12 are reduced.
Both phones support P3 color gamut and also have True Tone, but the iPhone 12 has added HDR support. Even in the pluses of the new iPhone, you can add a higher margin of brightness and a more contrasting screen.
iPhone 12 and iPhone 11.
The iPhone 12 also received Ceramic Shield, which protects the screen when the phone is dropped. Apple says it’s four times stronger than old glass.
Pros of wireless charging
- Convenience and aesthetics. The main plus for which everyone buys packs of wireless chargers is convenience. There is no need to constantly insert any wires into the connector. This is especially annoying in the car, when you need to get into the connector on the go. Also, this cable is constantly lying around. Whether it’s wireless. Came to work or home, threw the phone on the stand. charging went.
If you equip all the places where you can put the phone (work place, bedside table, car) with such charges and train yourself to constantly place your iPhone on them, then you will generally forget about the discharged phone. Constantly, while your device is idle, it will recharge. Conveniently? Of course. For those who like to listen to music with wired headphones, wireless charging is an excellent alternative to the hanging adapter. Finally, you can simultaneously charge your phone and listen to the broadcast of the Apple presentation in headphones. Just some kind of magic.
Wireless chargers were supposed to equalize iPhone and Android at least in some way
- Compatibility. The second bold plus that delighted all smartphone users. There are no more problems with charging your smartphone in public places. Qi charging is universal and suitable for any smartphones. Lightning in your smartphone or USB-C. it doesn’t matter at all. Throw your Xiaomi Mi 8 SE or iPhone 11 Pro Max on a special rug in a cafe and charge your phone while you “recharge” yourself. You no longer need to ask the waiters for a charging cable or carry your own.
For example, such a charge helped me out in Riga, when I left the hotel without a cable. The phone sat down, and Qi-chargers were placed on the tables in the cafe. While drinking coffee, I managed to recharge my phone to take more pictures of the beauties of the Old City. Plus, you won’t need to plug unfamiliar cables into your iPhone, which can be unsafe.
# Glavred: Why do I need wireless charger for iPhone
Is wireless charging convenient?
Starting with the iPhone 8, Apple began to implement wireless charging in its devices according to the open standard Qi (correctly read as “Qi”). Large companies like IKEA and small firms began to produce both separate chargers and other devices (table lamps, for example) with the ability to recharge the phone. Even Apple wanted to release its AirPower charger, but something went wrong.
iPhone 11: Wireless Charging Test. Fast or Slow ?
Wireless charging. the future or a marketing ploy?
So really wireless charging is good and convenient, and we just need to switch to it? Or is it just another marketing ploy aimed at additional profit for device manufacturers? let’s get a look.
The article contains the author’s subjective opinion, seasoned with value judgments, all kinds of irony, sarcasm, hyperbole, metaphors and specific humor. If you are not ready for this, read a better article on what Dolby Atmos is and why it is in the iPhone. And be sure to leave a comment. Remember that every comment on AppleInsider.ru extends iPhone battery life by 20 minutes.
Why do you need wireless charging? First, it’s beautiful
Cons of wireless charging
- Low charging speed. Wireless charging energizes your smartphone’s battery much more slowly than a wired connection. It’s about the low efficiency of the very method of energy transfer and the low power of the device. Wireless charging has an efficiency of about 80%, while wired charging is 95-98%. It is impossible to make charging more powerful than wired because of the danger of strong electromagnetic radiation for human health. In addition, then a powerful transformer would have to be placed in the charging. Not the most elegant solution. The only option to somehow speed up the process is to use a more powerful charging adapter, for example, from the iPad. A standard iPhone will charge your smartphone for ages.
Some IKEA items have built-in wireless charging
- Inconvenience in some cases. It is not always convenient to use the device simultaneously with wireless charging. Holding the phone in your hands while typing will definitely not work. It is also impossible to answer a call without headphones or a speakerphone. We put the iPhone on charge in the chic Audi Q8 of the husband (or wife). that’s it, no more scrolling through the Hi-News.ru blog on Yandex.Zen. Of course, you can read. But not leaning back in the chair, but bending over the armrest, where this charge is located.
What AirPower should have looked like. But it didn’t work out
- Overheating of the device. The physics of the process during wireless charging is such that at this time the phone heats up much more. Especially if you use it at the same time. Burn it, of course, will not burn. But it will be uncomfortable to pick it up with gentle fingers. Experts say this is the reason why Apple dropped its AirPower. The company has not been able to combine its idea of the appearance of the device with the safety of its use.
- Possible charging errors. One of the most common complaints about wireless charging is the need to precisely match the inductors in devices. We missed a little. and the charging stopped. If you left the phone to charge overnight, then in the morning you may well see that it has not charged. Either he slightly slipped out of the desired zone due to the vibration of the phone from messages, or something happened to the “base” itself, but charging stopped half an hour after the start. This will not happen with the cable if it is working properly.
Not all cases will work with wireless charging
- Incompatible with some cases. For wireless charging, it is necessary to minimize the distance between the inductors of the smartphone and the “base”; it is desirable to find a minimum of barriers between them.
Your posh SpongeBob case can be an insurmountable barrier to the electromagnetic radiation of wireless charging. And nothing can be done about it. all that remains is to remove the cover before installing it on the stand. Or find another one. over, even when you have two externally identical cases, it may not go through one charge. Apparently, even microns of manufacturing error or material in this case have their effect.
What an induction coil looks like in an iPhone
- No more aluminum iPhones. And this is insulting. Wireless charging took the aluminum body of the iPhone away from us. In 2016, Foxconn tested wireless chargers for iPhone. The aluminum case was found to cause interference and make the charging process extremely unstable.
Yes, back in 2015, Qualcomm developed WiPower technology, which does not interfere with the metal between the coils. But so far this technology has not gone into series, and we use induction chargers. So, for several years now, Apple has only been making glass backs for the iPhone. Yes, this year it is matte. And it is unlikely that in the foreseeable future we will again get a nice metal iPhone, which was my favorite iPhone 5S.
Airpods with wireless charging are 3,500 rubles more expensive than usual. Is it worth it?
Wireless Charging, Smart Battery Case, AirPower. How to Charge iPhone in 2019?
- . And you want Airpods with wireless charging? Pay another 3500 rubles.
And don’t forget about, like in Airpods?
Wireless charging is, of course, a technically interesting thing. It was not in vain that Nikola Tesla spent so much time studying methods of wireless transmission of electricity. Although for me the disadvantages of wireless charging outweigh the pros, and the Belkin stand is idle.