Despite the fact that tablets from Apple are very high-quality products, their users often encounter such a problem as a broken sensor / touchscreen. It may completely fail or partially work. One way or another, this will give the owner a lot of inconvenience.
Sensor / touchscreen does not work on iRad (iPad). Manifestations:
- Moisture penetration. It is not necessary that water gets on the tablet, since the proximity sensor is located on top, next to the opening of the earpiece, even a few drops of liquid are enough. This can happen after taking a shower or when using the gadget in the rain.
- Mechanical damage resulting from a shock or a fall. Even in cases where the display is intact and has no visible defects, the proximity sensor, which is located in the upper area of the touchscreen, may stop functioning. As a result, the display does not go blank during a call.
- After replacing the touchscreen with an amateur specialist. Over, its replacement should be carried out taking into account certain technical features of the tablet device, with improper assembly, the proximity sensor may not work, although its loop itself is fully operational.
- After replacing the lock / power button. The physical button changes in parallel with the loop, however, the display may stop turning off when talking, due to the filter on the sensor not being rearranged.
As you can see, there may be several reasons why the sensor / touchscreen does not work on the iRad (iPad), so we recommend that you do not try to repair the device with your own hands. If you do not have the necessary skills and experience, contact our organization “APPLE-SAPPHIRE”. Our experts will be able to make an accurate “diagnosis” of the device and perform competent repairs with less time.
What to do if the touchscreen / sensor does not work on iRad:
With a constant manifestation of a sensor malfunction (the touchscreen works, but with crashes and errors), it is worth rebooting the tablet. You can do this as follows:
- Simultaneously hold down the “Home” and “Power” buttons;
- Keep them in this state for about 20 seconds;
- The device will reboot;
- If the Apple logo appears on the tablet screen. Everything was done right.
If a protective film or a cool bumper is pasted on the gadget’s display, try removing them and testing the touchscreen. It is possible that the screen will start working again, and the cause of the breakdown was the operation of such accessories.
If the owner did all of the above, but the screen still couldn’t be “reanimated,” then perhaps you should consider visiting the APPLE-SAPPHIRE workshop. The service center specialists will not only be able to assess the condition of the tablet, but will also find out the cause of the problem.
As for the display replacement period, it will take no more than an hour. Over, fast execution will absolutely not affect the quality of work. And all because we have original details and rich experience (we are contacted with a similar problem every day).
Sometimes the screen may stop working due to damage or deformation of the system board. Such a malfunction requires a complex and lengthy recovery. After all, the solution to serious problems, like the diagnosis itself, lasts much longer than a conventional sensor replacement.
It should be borne in mind that all tablet computers, starting from the 4th to the 6th generation, are equipped with touch glass mounted in the display module. Over, the module itself consists of 3 elements. Protective (top glass), touchscreen and the display itself. Therefore, if the sensor stops responding to touch, you will have to change not only it, but the entire module.