What is the iPad screen size?
Today we’ll talk about the most interesting feature that can be found on the iPad. Its screen size is the most impressive on these tablets.
For all time, Apple has released a lot of gadgets and now it’s time to take small results. I will talk about the diagonal screen of each of the iPad.
What is the diagonal of the screen on the iPad?
Tablets are those devices when the size of the display really matters. Let’s look from the first iPad on what happened to Apple’s gadgets.
IPad, iPad 2,3,4 screen size
The very first iPad began to be sold back in 2010. As soon as the first tablet appeared, it immediately became clear who would be the favorite in the coming years. The design of these four models has not changed much and in them you will not find those chips that highlighted the tablets. Almost everyone wanted them.
- IPad: 9.7 inches, IPS LCD, resolution 1024 × 768, 132 ppi;
- IPad 2: 9.7 inches, IPS LCD, resolution 1024 × 768, 132 ppi;
- IPad 3: 9.7 inches, Retina, resolution 2048 × 1536, 264 ppi;
- IPad 4: 9.7 inches, Retina, resolution 2048 × 1536, 264 ppi.
Regardless of the model, the picture quality has always been very chic. But technology does not stand still and in the last two generations of this series the long-awaited Retina has appeared.
IPad Air, iPad Air 2 screen size
The continuation was very interesting, because the body was radically changed and new colors appeared. The frames drastically decreased, but the size of the display remained the same. Compact device sizes have made these iPads more attractive and modern. New IGZO technology takes screens to a new level.
- IPad Air: 9.7 inches, Retina, resolution 2048 × 1536, 264 ppi;
- IPad Air 2: 9.7 inches, Retina, resolution 2048 × 1536, 264 ppi.
Everything else remained the same, and the aforementioned technology made it possible to reduce the response time to pressing and power consumption.
Screen size iPad mini, iPad mini 2,3,4
It’s time to talk about tablets that are very close to today’s standards of top-end smartphones. Manufacturers have already stopped a bit with screen sizes and this is for the better. The mini version of the iPad is very popular today and it is very convenient for many to carry such a baby everywhere. Its capabilities are almost not inferior to other models.
- IPad mini: 7.9 inches, IPS, resolution 1024 × 768, 163 ppi;
- IPad mini 2: 7.9 inches, Retina, resolution 2048 × 1536, 326 ppi;
- IPad mini 3: 7.9 inches, Retina, resolution 2048 × 1536, 326 ppi;
- IPad mini 4: 7.9 inches, Retina, resolution 2048 × 1536, 326 ppi.
Despite the smaller size of the display, the quality is not inferior to large models. The resolution is exactly the same, but the number of dots per inch is larger.
Screen size iPad Pro
The last two models were simply excellent and one of them stood out especially. The dimensions of one of the iPads are simply impressive. Outwardly, two representatives of the Pro series are very identical. Therefore, here people already take for their intended purpose, because an entire mini TV in their hands may not always be useful.
- IPad Pro: 9.7 inches, Retina, resolution 2732 × 2048, 264 ppi;
- IPad Pro: 12.9 inches, Retina, resolution 2732 × 2048, 264 ppi ;.
So far, these very two models have become the most impressive, both in terms of performance and image quality. New anti-reflective coating, makes working in the sun even more comfortable.
That’s basically all that I wanted to tell about the screen sizes of all iPads and their diagonals. For a long time Apple did not release anything new, it is interesting to see the next generation.
Although judging by the performance, probably another year or two and pro will be able to cope with all the tasks and not only.