Install Twrp on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Since each smartphone comes “out of the box” with a certain number of pre-installed applications that we cannot remove, the battery runs out faster because of their work, and the software we need sometimes slows down. This happens with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, which we get with Chinese services in addition. Also, a home user shell MIUI It uses too much RAM, which may be the reason for installing another custom firmware. If you are ready to work with the MIUI alternative, then you can obtain superuser rights on your smartphone and use the memory in the way that suits you best. We are ready to share with you the easiest way to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Installing custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
1. Make sure your smartphone is equipped with the necessary USB drivers for Redmi Note 3.
2. Turn on USB debugging mode.
3. Back up your data before you get root access.
4. Check the battery charge. it should be not lower than 80%.
5. Check the build number of your phone model by going through the Settings. About Phone. Model. Remember that using versions of the ADB and SuperSU applications that are not intended for this model, as well as custom recovery (we use TWRP 2.8.7), turns the smartphone into a brick.
Attention: after obtaining root rights and installing custom recovery, the manufacturer’s warranty ceases to apply!
Required files for rooting a smartphone and installing cast recovery:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Root-installer;
USB drivers for Xiaomi;
TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 3.
Obtaining Root Rights on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
1. Download the files necessary for obtaining root rights on Redmi Note 3 to the home computer and install them.
2. In Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 go to Settings. About the phone and click on the MIUI version 7 times. After that, go back to Settings. Additional settings. For developers. USB debugging.
3. Connect your smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
4. In the window that opens, click on the “Root»In order to start the process of obtaining superuser rights to the device.
Installing custom TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
1. Download the ADB application, unzip the ZIP archive using any available tool. for example, Winrar or 7zip. The extracted files are placed in a separate folder.
2. If USB debugging mode is on, go straight to to paragraph 5. Otherwise, first follow steps 3 and 4.
3. In Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 go to Settings. About the phone and click on the MIUI version 7-8 times. You should see a message: “You are a developer“.
4. Follow the path Settings. Additionally, scroll down to “For Developers”. USB debugging and connect the smartphone to the computer.
5. Run the ADB driver file, find the name of your device, click on “Install»To complete the installation of the required ADB drivers.
6. Find the file in the ADB folder command.bat and run it. Run the command “adb devices»To view connected devices. (In the window that opens on the smartphone, confirm authorization).
7. Enter the command “adb reboot bootloader»On the command line. the smartphone will reboot in mode fastboot.