Users are already used to using the many features on Smart TV. The key features of the “smart TV” are: watching files, listening to audio recordings, as well as entertainment for network games. The described functions are provided by the Flash Player Smart TV plug-in.
The software in the form of a Flash Player needs to be installed. It also requires periodic updates, and even sometimes reinstallation. These actions lead to the disappearance of errors that occur, to improve the interface and the emergence of new features. The article is dedicated to solving the problems of full functionality of Adobe Flash Player.
Where to download and how to install
The user is faced with the need to update the Flash Player on a computer or gadget. Such actions are necessary for Smart TV. Where to download and how to install Adobe Flash Player on TV?
Let’s analyze the detailed algorithm of actions:
Previously, the installation file must be downloaded from a specific resource. The option to boot from a computer is outdated. The smart TV with internet connection is at your fingertips. It is worth focusing on the recommendations to use when downloading not Wi-Fi. connection, but wired Internet. So the user will get rid of possible problems with the download speed of the application. The download procedure is possible from any site. Practice shows that the TV manufacturer’s website remains the best option. You can also use the official website of the player’s developer.
Next is the installation process. The procedure is the same for any Smart TV, be it Samsung, LG or another brand of TV. The main thing is to consistently follow the instructions given and the installation process will take place without a hitch.
- Using the official website, download the new version of Flash Player for Smart TV.
- The USB flash drive to which the program file will be transferred needs to be formatted first.
- The downloaded file with the program name is transferred to the flash drive.
- Unarchiving new software is required first.
- Smart TV should be turned off.
- Then the flash drive is inserted, after which the Smart TV must be turned on.
- The screen shows a program ready for installation.
- After completing the process, you need to test the plugin.
Flash Player Update
Proper operation of Smart TV is based on the uninterrupted operation of the installed Adobe Flash Player. But sometimes it becomes necessary to update the plugin for the correct operation of the system. You do not need to update the TV software for this, but you should try to update only the player itself. By installing the latest version of the plug-in, the TV will receive the same upgraded functions as when replacing the Flash Player. We provide detailed instructions on the necessary actions.
- We connect the TV to the mains and high-speed Internet.
- Entering the central menu, we find the option to search for updates.
- We start updating the Flash Player on the TV.
- Clearly follow tooltips and suggested actions.
- If the update process affects the range of software, you should first make sure that the set contains exactly Adobe Flash Player, and not HTML5. A small number of sites support activity with this resource.
- While the update process is in progress, you cannot disconnect the TV from the network or wired Internet.
- In the event of a disconnection, the entire algorithm of actions is repeated first.
- After the update, we check the operation of Smart TV.
It is simple and does not require special training.
How to change firmware
A person has been using TV for years, so the software is outdated. This will certainly affect Adobe Flash Player. In this case, it is better to immediately update the Smart TV firmware.
Before going through the TV firmware, a number of preliminary steps are required.
- We determine the model of Smart TV to be updated. Such data is located on the rear panel of the device. The second option is to look in the manual for using the TV (if preserved). Why is such information needed? Based on it, a suitable firmware version is selected. When installing another version of the firmware, the TV can easily fail.
- The next step is to determine the version of the software currently in effect on the TV.
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- through the menu we get to the “Settings” item;
- open the software settings;
- looking for information about installed software;
- after pressing the “OK” button, a window with the necessary data appears.
- Next, on a computer or laptop, go to the official website of the developer to find the right version of the software.
- By pressing the “Search” button, we activate the button with the name of the selected model.
- The page with the necessary firmware on the screen.
- We look through the data on the installed version so as not to download again.
- Click on the link and agree to the license agreement.
- Download the archive of the selected firmware.
- We are preparing the flash drive for downloading the downloaded archive. For this, the flash drive is formatted in FAT32 format.
- We install the firmware from the flash drive.
All the preliminary steps have been completed and the process of replacing the software itself begins.
We single out the main steps:
1) All devices using the USB input are disconnected from the Smart TV.
2) We insert flash media into the working port.
3) The update procedure starts automatically. We agree if confirmation is required.
4) We are waiting for the completion of the update process (may take a lot of time).
5) The TV will automatically reboot for the update to take effect.
6) After switching on, the new software is already in effect.
Also, after the start of the new software, distortions, errors and other problems will be eliminated.
You can do without a player. The utility, called the “Web Server”, connects digital channels freely using a wired connection. In structure, this is an analogue of Smart consoles, with all the functionality. Most often offered by the provider for installation.
The Flash Player plugin does not require special settings. After the download and installation described above, the rest of the actions take place automatically. Installation takes place from the remote control (using the tooltips). The main criterion for a successful installation is the quality of the plug-in in Smart TV. If error information appears on the screen, you should restart the system again. This happens when Smart TV did not have time to adapt to the parameter of the new software.
The process of installing Flash Player is a common action, like updating a program on a computer system. Therefore, you should not worry, but just go through the procedure to the end.