Huawei P20 How to Know the Original
On the smartphone market, huawei p20 pro replica models appeared, presumably a Korean assembly, fully consistent with the original. The identity and Korean assembly can only be guaranteed by Huawei, which is not profitable to change the market for its most popular model, which went on sale in 2018. Next, we consider the characteristics of replicas and the expediency of their acquisition.
What do the original huawei p20 pro smartphone and its Korean replica have in common
Counterfeit Huawei P20 Pro, called replicas, come in different qualities. from low-grade products to high-quality samples, outwardly indistinguishable from the original. They are often called Korean replicas. In most cases, the following characteristics are common between the original and them:
- the number and quality of body painting options. blue, black, gray;
- on the back there are three camera lenses;
- use of tempered glass for housing covers;
- the menu button that launches the Face ID function is implemented in the replica;
- exact repetition of inscriptions and logos on the case and packaging;
- menus, icons, desktops;
- some replicas have a fast charge function.
The workmanship is so high that even the users of the original smartphone cannot outwardly distinguish them.
The main differences between the copy and the original Huawei P20 Pro
Functional units that differ from the original:
- CPU. The original P20 Pro contains a Kirin CPU. Even in a good copy, MediaTek MTK-6595, which contains 8 cores, most often works.
- Memory. In the original, the built-in read-only memory is always 128 GB, and 64 GB is put in the copy. In addition, the replica has a place for micro-SD, combined with a slot for the second nano-SIM. The original smartphone does not work with memory cards.
- RAM memory can be reduced, instead of 6 GB in the replica is set 4 GB.
- The manufacturer makes a headphone jack, wanting to adapt the products to demand.
- The copy operating system is always older due to savings on license fees. It is controlled by the 7th Android, the original version 8.
- Cameras with Leica lenses can be used in the replica, but their resolution will be lower than that of the original P20: instead of 40 megapixels, 20 megapixels, 8 megapixels, there can be 16, 10 and 5 megapixels. The same replacement can be made with the front camera. These cameras can take good quality pictures, but they will not be at the level of the top model of the Huawei.
There is another difference that the average user may not recognize. The outdated MediaTek chipset works with 2 cameras, but the second serves only for measuring depth.
He does not see the third camera at all and does not work with it. Only technical expertise can determine this.
Differences of the “Korean” replica
The situation with the “Korean” replica is not much better than described above. If the manufacturer used the MT6595 CPU instead of the MT6580A, then the smartphone will be able to work in 4G (LTE) standard, but it will not support 64-bit mode. Replacing a processor is one way to reduce the cost of a replica. If Snapdragon 615 is installed in it, then this should be considered a successful acquisition in comparison with outdated MTs. Snapdragon supports Quick Charge 2.0 fast charging, dual-band Wi-Fi and good graphics processing.
In addition to installing Chinese cameras with worse performance, the xenon flash is replaced by an LED. When buying a replica, you should doubt everything, even the size of the case. Therefore, it is necessary to check the declared dimensions with a ruler. Otherwise, original accessories may be useless. It is worth paying attention to the resolution of the OLED screen and the ratio of its sides, which may not correspond to the original.
Differences CPU Huawei Kirin-970 and MTK-6595M
In the original Huawei P20 Pro, the company uses its own Kirin-970 processor. Compare it with the foundation of all MTK-6595 replicas.
- execution of commands out of turn is implemented;
- HMP technology is applied.
Weaknesses of MTK-6595M:
- created using 28 nm technology instead of 10 nm from a competitor;
- works with a lower clock frequency, 4 x 2 GHz and 4 x 1.5 GHz versus 4 x 2.4 GHz and 4 x 1.8 GHz of the original;
- no built-in LTE, unlike Kirin-970;
- no support for AES.
Processor performance in AnTuTu and Geekbench tests: