How Xiaomi 7 Connect To Computer
Using Mi PC Suite
Mi PC Suite is a candidate for ordinary drivers. Installing it on a computer will allow you to synchronize your phone data with a PC. Abilities of the program:
- information recovery;
- creating and managing screenshots;
- access to the “computer” web;
- viewing photos, contacts, messages, notes;
- control from a computer screen of a mobile device;
- creation and restoration of data backups of all types;
- updating the current firmware and almost everything else.
If, for some reason, you do not have a desire to read a long step-by-step annotation, you can watch a video in which the same question is clearly shown. After reviewing the. you definitely won’t have to read text material.
Connection using a special program
There are a lot of programs for connecting Xiaomi phones and tablets to a Windows computer.
Android Terminal Emulator
Among them is the Android Terminal Emulator. This application is freely available on Google Play.
To use it, you must:
It is worth seeing that this method of connecting a mobile device to a computer can be used not only by owners of Xiaomi devices.
This is the most common and accessible method. It is suitable for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, Remi 3, 5A, Mi6, 4A Mi A1, Note 4 and other devices from this manufacturer. The method of action is simple to the maximum.
- First, you need to find and install drivers for the device. Please note that this item is relevant only for those who still have Windows XP on their computer. Seven and other versions of Windows install the necessary software themselves. Immediately after connecting the phone via USB.
- Now you need to connect Xiaomi to your computer using a USB cable.
- On the display of the device in the menu that appears, select the item “File transfer”.
- If the user has Windows 7 or higher on the computer, then the system will install the necessary drivers for a few seconds.
- Once the software is installed, you will need to open Windows Explorer.
- In the list of devices connected to the PC, there will be a suitable accessory (for example, Redmi 4X). Double click on it.
- Select the drive to which you want to transfer files (Micro SD or internal memory).
- We open another explorer window, go to the appropriate directory and transfer the files to the phone.
The above method almost always works. Photos, music and other content can be transferred from phone to PC in the same way. But what if the computer can’t see the phone? This will be discussed when considering the next method.
If something went wrong
It also happens that the 1st option with Xiaomi phones is not suitable. And throwing something from them to a PC or a laptop does not work for the reason that the computer routinely “does not see” the device. There are several solutions to this problem.
- First you need to check if the correct drivers are installed. If, when the phone is connected to the computer, a yellowish question symbol is displayed in the device manager, then there are no drivers. In this case, you need to download and install them.
- If everything is in order with the drivers, then you need to try turning on the USB debugging mode in the phone. There is no universal annotation on this, but this function is in the “For Developers” section. But you still need to get access to this pt. To do this, you need to go to the “About phone” menu, find the inscription “Current MIUI version” there and click on it 10 times. Then the message “You have become a developer” will appear. After enabling USB debugging, everything should work.
- If the drivers are not installed on the PC, then it is necessary to disable digital signature verification. To do this, boot Windows in non-hazardous mode (F8 at startup) and disable the digital signature verification of drivers in the system settings. Then we reboot the PC and reconnect the device to a laptop or computer.
All of the above options help to remove various errors when connecting to a PC. You can reset a photo from Xiaomi to a computer using the method described in the first chapter. But first you need to deal with connection discrepancies.
So, connecting a Xiaomi phone to a computer or laptop to transfer files is quite easy. Almost always the 1st method just helps. But it must be borne in mind that the connection should be made only via a USB cable. There is no other way.
To transfer data between a Xiaomi device and a PC, you can use not only the application on the phone, but also the program on the PC. The software is called Mi PC Suite.
It is a guide that allows you to:
- synchronize your computer with your phone or tablet;
- do data recovery;
- update the firmware on the device;
- get access to the memory of the device;
- access the device to the web via a PC.
Mi PC Suite software
To use the program, you must:
- Download it on the official Xiaomi website.
- Open file with exe extension.
- Install the program on the PC.
- After installation, open, click on the button in the upper left corner: it shows the Xiaomi logo (Wi-Fi support is useful).
The program is fully translated into British.
It has the following sections:
- Screenshot. This section controls all Xiaomi devices connected to the PC.
- “Manage Back Up”. This section contains information about data backup.
- “Update Now”. The section in which the firmware of the connected device is updated without the “Settings” application.
- “App”. A section that allows you to install various applications on the device directly.
- “File Explorer”. File explorer, in which they are transferred or copied from device to device.
In fact, Mi PC Suite is a real application for managing a phone or tablet that is connected to it.
It will become comfortable for those who move huge volumes of information from the phone to the PC and back, because data transfer via cable is still the fastest method of data exchange with the highest connection quality.
With the help of this software, you can connect to the PC not only phones of the Mi, Redmi, Note series, but also headphones and a speaker from Xiaomi.
How to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a computer via USB
A more common and affordable method is a USB connection. Oh, so connect Xiaomi to your computer via USB:
We plug the cable into the proper connectors in the computer and phone. the recharging process starts automatically.
Open the top curtain, click on “Charging via USB”.
From the list that opens, select “File Transfer”. the computer will have access to all files in the phone’s internal storage. If you press the button “Transfer photos to RTR”, the computer will only have access to the photos available in the internal storage of your mobile device.
Removable media. your phone will be displayed in the PC explorer. Now you can transfer data to your computer.
What do we need
In order to connect Xiaomi or any other Android smartphone to a computer, we first need the computer itself, the phone and, of course, the USB cable. In some cases, you will also have to download the driver from the manufacturer’s official website.
Apart from this, of course, you will need a free USB. PC port, and if they are all busy, you can temporarily remove some device, for example, a mouse or keyboard and connect a phone.
For Windows 7
To connect a Bluetooth speaker to a device equipped with Windows 7, you should start by specifically turning on the speaker. After activating the device, you need to put it into connection mode. in other words, the ability to “connect” to other equipment that has Bluetooth transmission. Usually, for this, a button with the inscription Bluetooth or the power button is pressed for a couple of seconds. If the indicator on the column flashes frequently, it means that the procedure was carried out correctly. Further on the computer, right on the taskbar, the Bluetooth button is activated by the right button.
When you click the mouse, a window opens in which you need to select the item “Add device”. If everything is made correctly, a window will appear on the display, in which all the devices that can be connected will be indicated. Having selected your wireless speaker from the list, you need to click on it, then click the “Next” button. At the next step, the system will configure the device itself, after which it will notify that the speaker is connected and can be used for listening. Music in this case should immediately play through the wireless speaker.
By clicking again with the right mouse button on the used Bluetooth device, you need to activate the item “Use as default”.
Setting up via phone
We will fix the error directly through the phone by installing additional programs. One way is to install Terminal Emulator for Android.
The standard way to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a computer
You can transfer data from your Xiaomi phone to a PC by connecting it with a USB cable. It seems to be nothing complicated, but there are problems when the computer does not see the device.
Let’s look at the basic algorithm of actions that will explain the whole process step by step, as well as analyze possible problems due to which it is impossible to connect Xiaomi to a computer. To avoid errors, it is necessary to perform all actions strictly according to the points below.
Difficult ways to solve the problem
So we got to more advanced methods for troubleshooting Xiaomi. Consider them below.
Connecting Xiaomi to PC using Terminal emulator and via QCustomShortcu
Terminal emulator has an icon depicting a green man with horns.
To use the program, you need to download it on Google Play. After downloading and installing, you should:
- Write in the terminal “su”, then. “Confirm”.
- Type “setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp, adb”. It is necessary to type exactly as it is written, otherwise the program will perform the task incorrectly.
- Next. “Enter”. “reboot” and “Enter”.
After these steps, the gadget will reboot. Now it can be connected to the PC. This guide is suitable for transferring photos, pictures and screenshots. The rest of the documents cannot be transferred. There is another way for this.
If you suddenly lost connection settings, QCustomShortcut will come to the rescue.
And so, after the program is installed, in the “Package” field, select “com.android.settings”, in the “Class” field. “com.android.settings.USBSettings”. Then. “Create Shortcut”. That’s all, you can transfer data without any problems.
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer: all methods and possible problems
The popularity of Xiaomi smartphones is growing every year. Manufacturers surprise buyers with innovation. There are more expensive models, and there are cheaper ones. Almost everyone today has a Xiaomi phone.
If you have become the proud owner of a mobile phone from Xiaomi, then in any case you need to connect it to your PC. What if the computer can’t see the phone? What settings should I make? What programs should I use? When you can use Xiaomi as a USB flash drive?
If all the previous methods did not help to solve the problem of connecting Xiaomi to a PC, it remains to resort to a drastic step. to replace the firmware. Xiaomi phones support Chinese and international firmware.
Chinese firmware is used in China, so it does not support Russian. In addition, the installed applications are only relevant in the given country. International also supports more than 50 different languages, including Russian.
All versions can be quickly and easily updated, the phone itself controls this process when connected to the Internet. But if Xiaomi is not updating, the user can do it manually:
- Go to “Settings”. “About phone”. “System update”.
- The device checks for available updates. If they are, there will be an offer to install them.
It so happens that you want to change the Chinese version of the Global firmware to the international one. After all, the international one makes it possible to additionally calibrate the necessary data of the smartphone (touchscreen, for example), as well as make other calibrations. Let’s figure out how to do it.
There is a MiFLash program. With its help, the user gets the opportunity to reflash the phone, thereby update and install the necessary drivers.
Mi PC Suite and Android Studio. using these programs, the PC will regularly recognize Xiaomi in any mode.
So, first, download the stable Global firmware. It is better to unzip the downloaded files to the C drive, while the path to the files should not have spaces and Russian letters.
If the OS is installed on the PC above Windows 8, disable the driver digital signature verification.
Next, we transfer the mobile to EDL mode. To do this, on the PC on the command line, enter “fastboot devices”. Let’s check the connected phone. After that, the system should detect the drivers and install them. Then we prescribe the combination “fastboot oem edl”, activating the EDL mode. Before that, we get the developer’s rights (it was written about it above).
We turn off the smartphone. We hold down the screen unlock button and the volume down key, this is how to take a screenshot (screenshot). Then we connect to PC via USB.
Now let’s move on to installing the firmware. This is done in parts:
- Launch MiFlash.
- Click Refresh.
- Using Browse, indicate the path to the new firmware.
- Click Flash All.
The firmware will start installing. The process is short, it takes about 3 minutes. Disconnect the device from USB and press the lock button until the phone vibrates and the company logo appears on the screen.
The system will start in 5 to 10 minutes. Once launched, you can customize your phone from scratch.
Sometimes, when connecting Xiaomi to a computer, only pictures, photos, screenshots are transferred. The rest of the files, both text and audio and video, cannot be transferred. This problem can and should be solved. Let’s figure out how to do it.
When Xiaomi is connected to a PC, a notification will appear, which should be quickly clicked and select “File Transfer”.
On this, the error will be resolved and there will be no obstacles to the transmission of data of various formats.
Downloading and installing drivers on a PC
Basically, when you connect the phone, the drivers are installed by themselves and there are no problems, but if they still did not install automatically, you will have to do it yourself.
If your computer has operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10, then before downloading and installing drivers, you must disable the digital signature.
For phones from the manufacturer Xiaomi, there are two types of drivers (for MediaTek and for Qualcomm), the choice depends on the device model. After you have found the necessary drivers, downloaded and installed, you need to restart your computer. The problem should now be fixed.
Enabling USB Debugging
Enabling USB debugging is a good way out of the situation if the computer does not see the gadget. This method is suitable if the phone connection is not displayed on the PC, and the device itself shows a successful connection. In this case, you need to do the following:
It’s worth noting that the method won’t work if you don’t have developer rights. To get them, you must:
Press on the last menu item about seven times until the inscription appears: “You have become a developer”.
Then we scroll down and look for the item “For the developer”.
If this item is missing, then the antivirus program is to blame. To work around this issue, perform a factory reset.
Connecting to a Computer: Installing Drivers
Drivers are software that helps the computer understand how the connected gadget / device works and how to “communicate” with it.
All devices have their own drivers: phones, printers, scanners, etc.
It happens that even when the phone is connected for the first time, the drivers are installed by themselves and subsequently updated when needed. However, if this did not happen, you can do the installation procedure yourself.
How to install drivers on a computer:
- Re-search sites with software on the Internet and choose the most reliable ones (for example, w3bsit3-dns.com);
how to connect xiaomi to computer
- In the section with your smartphone model find two archives: “MediaTek program” and “Qualcomm program” and download them;
- In the usual way, unzip these files and put what you get on the system drive (as a rule, drive C) so as not to lose or accidentally delete;
- Restart your computer (by yourself, if you have not received a notification of the need from the PC itself);
Now try connecting your phone. If he still does not see the computer or you have already installed drivers, we will try to update them.
- Open the “Device Manager” on the computer;
- Next, open “Portable Devices”, where you can find the name of your phone;
- Click on the name of your model and open the menu by right-clicking;
- Select “Update Driver”;
how to connect xiaomi to computer
- If nothing has changed. let’s move on.
Why Xiaomi won’t connect to the computer: reasons
In those. Support and service centers often receive questions about the lack of connection of the phone to the computer. There are a number of reasons why the connection may not work, and before asking for the help of specialists, make sure for yourself that you have checked everything.
The computer does not see the Xiaomi phone because:
- Broken / bent cable. When the cables are bent, the wires inside them go off and they can no longer perform the corresponding function. In this situation, you just need to purchase a new cable;
- The required drivers are not installed on the computers. Perhaps this is the first time you basically connect the phone to the computer, or it is possible that some kind of failure has occurred in the system.
- Using the wrong connection method or incorrect connection itself.
How to transfer files via usb
The answer to the question “How to download a photo from Xiaomi to a computer” is very simple. You will need to go to phone management, select the type of memory: internal or sd card, go there and continue to perform the necessary operations with files.
Method one: instructions:
- Go to the call menu;
- Enter the following combination in it: “###”;
- After entering the last character, a dialog box should appear on the screen, in which 2 options will be available. select the “MTP” connection method;
- As mentioned earlier, this mode allows you to transfer any files from a smartphone to a computer, therefore it is also called multimedia;
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer: details and instructions
Many users of smartphones of any brand often connect their gadget to a computer in order to transfer any files or install something on the phone. But in order to be able to do this, you need to know the correct connection sequence and possible nuances, as well as the sources of problems, in order to be ready to solve them as they become available.
Method two: instruction
- For this method, you need to install the Android Terminal Emulator application on your phone, which you can find in PlayMarket;
how to connect xiaomi to computer
- After downloading, connect the gadget to your computer;
- Open the program, enter “su” and confirm your action;
- Next enter “setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp, adb” and press “Enter”;
- Enter “Reboot”, press “Enter” and wait for the phone to reboot;
- Done! This procedure can also be carried out not only on Xiaomi devices.
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer via USB
When you connect your mobile device to your PC, go through the following steps:
- a message appears about the establishment of communication between the devices;
- if you did not click on the notification in time, lower the shutter on top of the screen;
- in the frame that appears, click on the file data sending mode (MTP, the first item in the list in the screenshot).
It happens that the problem of how to connect Xiaomi to the computer lies in the PC driver. Assuming the original USB cable, test it in the slots you find. When this did not help to resolve the situation, follow the instructions for upgrading the utilities on stationary equipment:
- In the standard Device Manager, click on the item “Portable devices”.
- Open the context menu of the smartphone icon and click on the “Update drivers”.
- Activate the automatic software search mode.
- Download drivers from the Internet or an external file carrier and specify the directory for their storage.
What opportunities can you get when you connect your phone to a computer
The above describes the algorithm for connecting a mobile phone to a PC for data exchange. However, this is not the only purpose of communication. There is a list of reasons that encourage people to carry out the appropriate procedure:
- Detection of problems in the functioning of a cellular gadget.
- Research on software demonstrating how Xiaomi connects to a computer.
- Smartphone resuscitation.
- Studying the work of iron.
- Backup of accumulated information.
- Getting detailed information about the work of a mobile phone.
Often, users resort to activating debugging via a USB cable. The mode involves adjusting the OS in order to obtain root rights. Also, other possibilities for managing the software part are opening up to the services of smartphone owners. Before connecting Xiaomi to a computer, in the configuration of a portable gadget, select the section of advanced settings.
Then open the tab “For Developers” and activate the first switch.
In the “Debug” group, set the blue circle in the position highlighted in the screenshot.
The proprietary wire allows not only charging the device, but also transporting information. If you use a non-original cable, you will see a single item on the display indicating power. When trying to enable the multimedia format described above, you should hear a beep.
Via Terminal Emulator
If the above methods to “make friends” between KXiaomi and PC did not help, use heavy artillery. This is the Terminal Emulator application available for download on the Play Store. The method is relevant for an advanced audience that does not experience problems when interacting with technology.
- install the downloaded software;
- in the product interface, type the combination of characters “su”, which will activate the superuser mode;
- click on the word “Confirm”;
- before connecting Xiaomi to a computer, enter the directive setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp, adb (observe lower case and punctuation when typing to avoid incorrect operation of the compand!);
- click on the enter button;
- give the command to reboot by clicking on the inscription “Reboot”;
- press the word “Enter” again;
- wait for the device to restart.
To start using your smartphone as a USB mass storage device, change the above long character string. Instead of the word “mtp” type the combination “mass_storage”.
How to connect Xiaomi to a computer via USB: what to do if it does not connect
How to connect Xiaomi to computer via USB? Despite the simplicity of the procedure, users have difficulties with technical issues. By default, it is assumed that the phones are automatically identified by the PC, and then the devices communicate. However, there are cases when self-recognition fails, which requires manual configuration. The current material is intended to provide an overview of how to connect a Chinese manufacturer’s smartphone to a stationary computer or laptop.
How to do it
An uncomplicated algorithm of actions will enable multimedia mode by typing a combination of characters. In the phone call menu, specify a sequence of characters without spaces. “###”. Next, a frame with a pair of items will be displayed. Tap on the word “MTP” to transfer information in any format.
What to do if Xiaomi does not connect to the computer via USB
Employees of computer services have heard about the problem of the lack of a connection between the phone and stationary equipment. The reason for this phenomenon may lie in the use of a wire other than the proprietary one. Either the cord is defective or damaged during use.
Remove dirt from the connector. sometimes it’s a matter of careless maintenance! The need for replacement arises when small wires inside the cable break due to kinks or kinks.
If everything is in order with the physical part, look for a problem in the programs. First of all, check for the latest drivers. You may also encounter malfunctions in the operation of the operating system, which, depending on your competence, can be eliminated independently or with the involvement of service workers.