How to View Recent Documents on a Computer
Today we have to figure out how to find recent documents on the computer. The thing is that such an operation can be useful to everyone. For example, if a user suspects that someone is crawling into his operating system and working in it without permission. Track your browsing history and open / saved files. It’s not the easiest thing. There are various ways to get the information you are interested in. Let us dwell exclusively on files that were recently opened, modified or saved.
How to find recent documents on a computer with Windows 7 on board? This is a popular and convenient operating system. Many PC users work with it. And therefore, we will begin the solution of the task with this operating system.
There is a folder called “Recent Documents”. It displays files that have been saved, opened or modified by the user. How to find recent documents on a computer?
This will require:
- Log in to Windows 7.
- Open “Start”. “Documents”or go to the menu item “Library”/”Conductor”.
- Click on the line “Recent places” in the left menu above.
That’s all. Information on recent files appears on the right side of the dialog box. Fast, easy and very convenient!
How to find recent documents on a computer with “Windows XP”? This operating system is rarely seen in real life today. The software has not been supported by Microsoft for a long time, but some still use it.
To go to the folder with recent documents on Windows XP, you will have to use one of the following methods:
- Go to “Start” and open the section “Search”. Set in search options “Show hidden files and folders”. Find the Recent section and open it.
- Go to C: / Documents and Settings / UserName / Recent.
- The specified folder. these are recent places. In order to find it, you will have to disable the function to hide files and folders.
Important: thinking about how to find recent documents, you can open the search bar “Windows” and write in it “Recent places”. The search result will be the section we need.
Modern operating systems are similar in their functionality, but their graphical interface is always different. Sometimes he surprises. Significant changes in the OS graphics occurred in Windows 8. After “sevens” it takes a long time to get used to the new execution of the software. In such circumstances, users often have questions about how to find recent documents on the computer. “Windows 8” stores relevant data in a folder already known to us. Recent. Only it, unlike Windows XP, is moved to a different root partition.
How to find recent documents in the computer in this case? Windows 8 offers a solution to the task:
- Open a command prompt and write shell: recent there. After processing the request, a dialog box appears with the data of interest to us.
- Go to C: / Users / username / Appdata / Roaming / Microsoft / Windows / Recent.
In addition, you can use the search bar and find the service there. “Recent places”. As practice shows, this technique is used by novice PC users quite often. It does not require any special skills, knowledge and skills.
Tip: for quick access to the Recent folder, you can create a shortcut to the corresponding document store and display it on the PC desktop.
These are not all the existing tricks. How to find recent documents on your computer in “Windows 10”? The tenth version of Windows is currently actively supported by Microsoft. This is an operating system that all modern PC users face. And so you need to understand how to work with it. Recent documents and modified files in “The top ten” are searched in the same way as in the case of Windows 8. If you wish, you can simplify your task. pin the corresponding section in the library.
To do this, you need:
- Go to the Recent folder (or “Recent Documents”) along the previously specified path.
- Press the button “Pin to Quick Access Toolbar”. The corresponding control is at the top of the dialog box.
It is done. Now on opening “Conductor” the user will see a new line in the left menu. It is called “Recent Documents”. With its help, you can quickly view the latest open or modified files on your computer.
Recently Saved Files
We met with the search for recent documents in the Windows operating system. The instructions presented to you will help you cope with the task in any version of the software. But this is not all that every modern user should know about. Sometimes you have to look for the last saved documents in a variety of applications. For example, in Microsoft Office utilities or in Photoshop. How to get relevant information? Naturally, find recent documents on your computer.
Instructions for finding the last saved files in an application as a whole look like this:
- Open the program you want to work with.
- Go to the section “File”. It is usually located in the upper left. Sometimes the item is called “Overview” or simply “Menu”.
- Look at the list that appears. If at the bottom there is an arrow to expand the drop-down menu, you need to click on it.
- Carefully examine the numbered list with addresses and files. These are the last saved / changed documents.
To open them, just click the mouse cursor on a particular line. There is nothing difficult or incomprehensible. Some programs have separate sections like “Recently opened” or “Recently Saved”. You can find them using the functional menu of a particular utility.
We figured out how to find recent documents on your computer in a particular case. The instructions presented to you help you cope with the task without much hassle. If you need to study the list of recent browser downloads, you can open the library and go to the section “Downloads”. By setting the sorting options, the user can see the information that interests him.