Connecting Bluetooth headphones to “Android“: what is important to consider?
June 17th, 2019 Catherine Vasilyeva
Headphones that connect to your phone via Bluetooth are more comfortable than wired ones: nothing gets tangled and you can listen to music a short distance away from your phone. In addition to this thin wire can easily damage. after that the headset becomes inoperable, you have to buy a new one. How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your Android phone if you just bought them?
Apple Airpods 2 review. The appearance and quality of the device
Headphones with case comes in a small box, which also contains a Lightning cable for charging. All assembled neatly in the usual minimalistic style of Arrle:
The first unpleasant surprise was the build quality of the case. Having used headphones from other manufacturers (Huawei, Samsung, Xiaomi) before, you would not expect such a poor build quality from such an expensive product of a famous brand.
The cover of the case makes squeaks and clicks when closed, and has a certain amount of play. When open, it is not fixed with magnets and simply hangs. Honor FlyPods case quality is way better.
The case itself is made of high quality glossy plastic with a handy recess for opening the lid with one hand:
Inside the case is a single LED indicator that shows the approximate charge of the headphones or the case if the headphones are removed. Made very uncomfortable and uninformative.
Glows green when fully charged or amber when not fully charged. How little. the manufacturer does not say. In case of the wireless case the indicator is on the front side.
The quality of the earcups assembly is not questionable. They are made of the same glossy plastic.
Airpods are very lightweight (only 4g) and comfortable, they fit securely in your ears. Although, the degree of reliability depends on the anatomy of the auricle. Your ears don’t get tired or sore even when you wear them for long periods of time.
In addition to the two microphones, each earphone has an optical sensor that automatically stops music when the headphones are removed from your ears. However, this function only works in conjunction with the iPhone. If you connect them to another device, the music will play whether the headphones are in your ears or not.
In appearance and sound quality, the Apple Airpods and Airpods 2 are not the slightest difference. They are exactly the same headphones. It’s strange that Apple didn’t even add new colors like they did with the iPhone. After all, others should see and understand that you have the latest and most expensive model. That would have been Apple’s style.
But apparently the company decided that people will buy the new model without any changes, even purely cosmetic.
Комментарии и мнения владельцев on the instructions for connecting Bluetooth headphones to the phone
If you have any problems or questions about any of these items, then more detailed instructions with illustrations and Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
First, determine what kind of headphones you have. If they are fully wireless TWS headphones with a charging case, then look carefully at the case to see if there is a button on it.
See where this button might be located and what it looks like on the Apple Airpods:
If there is such a button, then open the lid of the case and press this button for 2-3 seconds. You will see the LED inside the case flash white rapidly. This means that the headphones are in pairing mode and are available for connection to any device.
There are such buttons on many models, including:
If there is no such button (Xiaomi AirDots, Sony WF-1000XM3, etc.).) or your headphones don’t have a charging case at all, then:
- If there is a mechanical button on the headphones, press this button for 7 seconds until the LED indicator on the headphones starts flashing white
- For touch control, press the sensors on both headphones at the same time and hold for 5-7 seconds until you see the LED flashing white as well
Now we can move on to the next steps.
Do the Airpods fit your Android smartphone
When connected to an Android smartphone, Airpods will be no different than regular wireless headphones. If your phone has Bluetooth, feel free to connect these headphones. But for more convenience you may need different applications. For example, the AirButton or Asistant Trigger will detect if you have headphones in your ear to automatically start streaming audio. Also the program is able to determine the charge case and the “ears” themselves.
The following functions will not be available to the user:
- interrupt the audio recording after the earpiece is removed from your ear;
- It is impossible to control the charge and the power consumption of your smartphone.
Connecting Airpods headphones to an Android phone is easy. Also turn on the Bluetooth on your phone, then open the cover of the charging case. Press the button on the back of the case and wait for the charge indicator to flash white. The headphones will appear in the list of available devices, connect to them.
How to use wireless headphones for Android
Once you connect wireless headphones, most Android phones will have an icon of headphones in the status bar. If you see it then there is a connection, now let’s set the sound:
- The first thing to do is to change the call settings. Go to the settings of your smartphone and find there Sound during calls.
- Check the Multimedia Sound checkbox here.
Not all phones need to make these settings, most modern smartphones automatically recognize wireless headphones and set the necessary settings.
Connecting Sony headphones
Procedure for connecting Sony headsets to Xiaomi, Samsung, and Huawei phones:
- If the Bluetooth headset is on, you must turn it off.
- On the headset activate the pairing mode with the phone.
- Press and hold the ID Set key.
- After the indicator light starts blinking, release the button. The headset enters pairing mode with the priority device.
Important! Before you pair the wireless headphones and phone to each other, make sure the headset is fully charged and at least one meter away from the phone.
Synchronizing the phone and Bluetooth headset
Most people when they buy a device do not know how to connect a Bluetooth headset. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn on your headset. To do this, press or hold down the power button. You will know when your headset is on by the on indicator LED on the control panel of the headset, in more advanced models there can be a voice prompt to tell you when it is on.
- Hold your finger on the button when turning it on so the headset enters search mode for your phone or smartphone. As soon as the headphones find your gadget, the LED indicator or the next sound prompt will go off again.
- After the wireless device has found your gadget, you need to go to the setting of the phone itself and synchronize both devices.
- Now it is necessary to activate the Bluetooth data transfer protocol.
- Now the headphone search process should start on your phone.
- When a message appears on the screen that a wireless device has been detected, you need to select it.
- If everything went according to the instructions, in a few seconds the headphones are connected to the phone, which will again alert you with a color indicator or a voice assist.
The process of connection of Bluetooth headphones can vary depending on the brand manufacturer and model of the device. And also some models of wireless headsets, such as from Xiaomi, have a more advanced system of search and connection (pairing). The technology implies a reliable binding of the headphones to the smartphone, when in order to connect a new device, the “unbinding” has to be done manually.
Why the headphones do not connect to the phone
Why the headphones do not connect to your smartphone
Unfortunately, the first connection does not always go smoothly. Don’t worry, it’s solvable. What is the problem?
- Restart Bluetooth on your phone. Sometimes your smartphone doesn’t find the accessory you want to connect right away. resetting it helps.
- Check the charge level of the headset. Even a low charge may cause the headset to not work properly.
- If the headphones show up as connected but still no sound, disconnect the accessory from your smartphone and tap “Forget Device. Reconnect it.
- Sometimes resetting the headphones to factory settings helps. Usually you just have to press the pairing button, but this can vary from model to model.
- Download a proprietary application. Most headphones have a branded application where you can control the accessory: delete it, rename it, or connect it.
How to connect wireless headphones to your phone if there are problems and malfunctions of the paired devices. Here are the main possible problems and their solutions.
|Problem||The solution is|
|Phone doesn’t see the Bluetooth headphones||Make sure that the devices are fully charged; reset the device by holding the power button for at least five seconds; update the list of available devices on the phone|
|Interoperability problems after a phone OS update (new driver versions conflict with headset firmware)||Fix by reverting to the previous OS version or installing updated firmware on the wireless headphones|
|Bluetooth signal on your phone breaks or connection is not possible||The reason is the discrepancy between the versions of Bluetooth on the phone and the headphones. Requires contacting the service center, or selecting the headphones with Bluetooth version corresponding to the phone|
For your information! It is reasonable to use the services of a service center or repairman. Specialist will identify the cause of the problem and advise on further actions to repair or replace the wireless headphones.